The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

By khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... More

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)
Chapter 24 (Balcony love)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 33 (Belong with you)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)
Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Chapter 39 (Cold)

2.8K 118 20
By khal2mukay

Salam hello #TLIMMsquad how you been? #teamAmalik i am so sorry for Malik's coldness towards Amal but she brought it upon herself yeah.. besides they won't stay angry at each other y'know ;)
Before i forget, a huge big fat shoutout goes to (@kahdeeja) for being the first commenter on the previous chapter. I appreciate you lovely 😘.
Here goes chapter 39 tadaaaa... i hope it goes in favour of y'all #teamAmalik fans. *winks.
Enjoy ❤
#TLIMM
#TLIMMsquad
#teamAmalik
#teamZainMalik
*******************
"Damn girl you look horrible. Eww"
Hafsah said with making a yucky face at Amal. They just came out of the annual management and staff meeting where Malik didn't even spare a glance at her direction, he was all in his work mode and didn't talk much. Only dropping a few words here and there.
"I know how horrible i look Hafsah,thanks for the compliment though".
Amal responded sarcastically with a shrug.
Hafsah rolled her eyes at her as usual.
She finished packing all her stuff and they headed out back to their offices.

Amal arrived at her office and carefully edited the minutes of the meeting she had written down,she suddenly felt a rush of nerves as she thought of having to enter Malik's office to give him the minutes she had taken down.
She managed to finish up and stood to meet him at his office. Halfway through there, she saw his office door creaking open signalling that someone's about to come out from the office,she froze in her position seeing who it was. It was Malik and his face was wearing a non chalant look as he came out of his office closing the door behind him.

"Get to the photocopy room,i need three copies each now".
He said to her passing her the papers in his hands,his voice low but commanding and assertive.

"Malik i was about to present the...."

She was cut off by him with a wave of his hand.

"Please Amal get the photocopying done first,anything can come after that."

He finished and turned to enter his office slamming the door behind him leaving her standing.

She silently turned to walk to the photocopying room with the papers in her hand. At that moment,she didn't feel angry at him but at herself for allowing herself get so attached to him that he affects her in such a way. It's no doubt she looked horrible as Hafsah earlier said and it's because she had her head messed up thinking about no one but Malik and it's so frustrating to see him doing absolutely fine without her or talking to her for days.

"Stupid fool i am"

She muttered to herself underneath her breath as she entered the photocopying room and began to do what he asked of her.
In no time she finished up and carried the heap of papers back to his office.
Malik was on his a call with one of the company's shareholder when she came in with her face buried in the heap of papers. He acted non chalant but the truth is he missed everything about her. She might be angry when she said they should stay off each other but who knows if that was what she really wanted and she started ignoring his calls and messages in a bid to get him out of her hair.
Everything seems to be so messed up now and he seriously wishes they would sit and sort issues out but ever since the day he shun her when she came into his office,she never showed any interest in talking to him. Neither a call nor a message from her so maybe,just maybe she wants it that way. As much as it hurts,he has promised himself to give her some space. He finsihed up with the call and hung up as she dropped the papers almost breathless. He felt bad for working her out like this but his face still maintained it's neutral expression.

"Here are the copies ".
She handed him the papers and didn't turn to leave. He muttered a thank you to her and she nodded in response. The whole atmosphere became awkward with tension thick as cheese.
"Any other thing Amal?"

He questioned seeing her still standing fiddling with another piece of paper in her hand.

"Emmm yes,the minutes of today's meeting. Here".
She passed him the printed and the handwritten pieces. He collected them and skimmed through briefly nodding his head in approval.

Amal couldn't find herself to leave even when she has given him all he needed. She stayed rooted to her spot and to his utter suprise,she still hasn't uttered a word. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion seeing her still standing.

"Any other thing you want me to know?"
He questioned deliberately trying to stir up a conversation about what happened between them the other day.

She looked puzzled for some seconds but she found herself sitting in one of the chairs directly facing his desk and faced him.

"Why are you being cold?"

Her question came to him unexpectedly and his confused face deepened.

"Cold me? Come on Amal,you are the one being cold and distant for more than a week now".
He responded coolly trying to supress his smirk seeing her little confidence starting to fail and being replaced by a guilty look.

"I wasn't hey,you walked out on me the last time we talked and never said a word to me again ".

"But you told me we need to stay off each other. Didn't you?"

"I did. I am sorry for that was quite a stupid move,but Malik you are married and i just felt we don't have to do this. It's just being unfair to you and your wife. I am just being selfish and too self centred that's why i figured it would be better we stop thia right away and stay away from each other before she finds out and everything becomes difficult and complicated ".

She finished with her hands fiddling with the ring on her finger. Malik studied her intently all the while and didn't utter a word until she was done.
He sighed deeply rubbing the bridge of his nose.

"You know you don't need to remind me of my wife Amal,you are selfish not for being in love with me but for trying to push me away knowing damn well that i love you and would do what i have to do to make it work between us. "

"I know and i appreciate that you love me but i wasn't pushing you away".
She responded with a sigh.

"Yes you were and you still are,and for the record you don't show appreciation to the people who love you by pushing them away and telling them you can't be with them Amal. It hurts to see that you have given up on me already. I don't even know if thus is about us or about my wife,but whatever it is about, it's disappointing honestly".

She couldn't help flinching at seeing the hurt in his eyes. She felt like a selfish bitch right now for not thinking about others but herself only.

"I am sorry". She muttered.

"No Amal, i am sorry for trying to push my way into your life when clearly you want me out of it. I am sorry for all that i had done. You have my word from now on,i will never try to intrude again,i understand that i am not enough for you and i am deeply sorry for that and for that i will stay away from you as you've earlier requested".

Her heart sank at his words and it suddenly dawned on her that if she isn't careful,this might be the time she will lose Malik forever and she can't help feeling the urge to cringe at the thought of losing him alone. Because these few days without him have been a hell lot of stress for her.

"No Malik, stay please.. i want this to work. I want us to work because you have no idea how the past days felt like without you. You are more than enough for me and i can't bear the thought of not having you in my life. I am sorry for the hurt I've caused you but i felt that hurt as well. Please hear me out,give us a chance again. Me and you,don't just give up please".

He froze at hearing her speak up,suprised and well happy is an understatement as he couldn't handle the thought of spending his days working in this office with her office next door and still not being able to say a word to her. It will be frustrating to be seeing someone you love while you can't do anything to or about them all the time.

"So,is that another chance for us? And you've taken your words back on the we stay off each other thing?"
He questioned air qouting his statement.

A shy smile made it's way to her lips and she answered him with a nod making him smile as well too.

"Woah,you're so stubborn that it's a huge fat difficult task to convince you to do anything ".

He said with a dramatic throw of his hands in the air.

"Well you're lucky i am in love with you,otherwise it would've been worse than all this ".
She responded with a raise of her chin.

"Besides you were way too stern and cold,you scared me".
She added with a frown.

"Oh didn't mean to,i am sorry about that but you scared me too".
He responded copying her expression jutting his bottom lip out.

"I'm sorry too."
She stated her lips curving into a toothy grin as she saw his expression.

"Guess we are even now".

"Yeah we are".
She answered feeling alive again after days of being not so active and missing out on him.

*******************
"Are you being serious Malik?"

His mother casted a very serious glare in his way.
He dropped his head focusing on the rug as if it was the most important thing in the whole world.

"Take it easy,we need to get through with him with ease."
His father spoke for the first time holding his mother's hand.

"Well this is outrageous, i can't handle this information. What do you want me to do? I can't do this,i need some air".
She quickly stood and left the father and soon in the leaving room.

"Malik, i need you to think about this before carrying on,it's not as easy as it may look and it's one of the most challenging things a man could ever face on earth".
His father stated looking directly at him.

"Dad i have given it all my thoughts and i have seen there's no way out for me except for this, this is the only solution for me. I need your help please father".
Malik pleaded. He knew for real that he parents will be outraged by the news he came up to them with, but there was no other way he could do this better than this way.
His mother may be quite angry and annoyed at him right now but he had full trust in his father that he would make her see through things.

His father cleared his throat making him recover from his train of thoughts.

"I am quite suprised Malik,even though it's too early i may say,but we can't deny the will of Allah and he wills for things to happen this way,we have no choice but to accept what he has decreed upon us".

Malik nodded his head in agreement to what his father said. As much as it was hard for him telling his parents about what he's going through, it was a relief to hear from them and get the burden out of his chest.

"Don't you want to give it more time? I mean time for us to assimilate the information, and also to let your wife know of your intentions? "
His father asked his voice laced with concern.

"Who knows maybe you might change your mind and not carry on with what you intend to do".
His father added with a shrug.

Malik stayed quiet knowing too well that the moment he finds the courage to speak up about something, that means he has already made his mind up and there is no going back. His mother has known him too well and that was the main reason for her outrage because she knows he won't back out from what he told them just now.

He felt his father's hand tapping him lightly on his shoulder.

"It's okay son,it might be a temporary feeling or some infatuation. You should take everything lightly please. Do not be in a rush to place a burden which you can't bear on yourself".

"Dad,i have been lying to myself that it's is just an infatuation or a mere temporary feeling,but it proves me wrong every day. With the way i feel,it's just best i marry her. My relationship with her now has no ground in Islam and i can't seem to let go".

Malik said with a huff as he rubbed his hands on his face.

"I understand you Malik,there are challenges across the way though. Now,the first challenge is your wife,you need to come clean to her and tell her everything".

He couldn't help the beads of sweat that instantly formed on his forehead at the mention of his wife.
Zain....,how is he going to face her?
How is she going to react when she finally finds out?
The questions kept on reoccurring inside his head like a broken record.
************
Tada... guyyss come with me the next chapter as things get messier and ofcourse more tensed. I can't really say how Zain would handle this but i feel bad for her already. I'm sorry #teamZainMalik fans,the next few chapters will be a pain in the neck for y'all. :(

As usual,the first commenter on this chapter gets a huge shoutout in the next chapter. Please remember to do check out my ongoing book with a few chapters published. The DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend). Click my profile to check it out and show it some love pleasee. I will continue writing it after i am done with #TLIMM in shaa Allah.
Stay beautiful lovelies. 😘❤
See ya next time.
#TLIMM
#TLIMMsquad
#teamAmalik
#teamZainMalik.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 7K 42
MARRIAGE /ˈmarɪdʒ/ noun The legally or formally recognized union of two people as partners in a personal relationship. A tale spanning over 3 generat...
124K 11.8K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...
66.2K 4.7K 44
{Book Two: Abdallah series} Zara and Amir are cousins and have been best of friends since their childhood days. They're now grown up to adults. You...
181K 11.6K 34
REACHED #26 IN SPIRITUAL ON August 1/2018 ---- Laila gets a wedding proposal from someone who wants to stay anonymous till the day of their wedding. ...