Meant To Be #wattys2019

Af oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... Mere

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 12

3.4K 283 30
Af oh_hi_byeee

The lights were pleasing, the decorations being sophisticated yet lavish. Surely, you can't expect a normal party and theme when it's the grand Engagement party hosted by the elites.

Though the party was grand, but Arhaan and his cousins, Ali's cousins and siblings, Afia's siblings, all the kids of the family had the duty to greet the guests and relatives near the entrance.

"C'mon guys, time for some pictures!", Reza announced and the young crew almost rushed and started to pose.

Arhaan smiled at the camera, but soon his smile turned into an uncomfortable one.

"Samya? Uhm you must go stand with Safiana and girls." Arhaan looked at his twenty year old cousin, who had her hands wrapped around his arm.

"Why?" Samya asked with a dreaded look.

"Because that's the arrangement for the group picture, now go!" Vivan said almost irritated and Samya made a face and reluctantly went towards the girls side.

Arhaan smiled at Vivan and thanked him silently and Vivan winked.

Well, the story is, Samya has a huge crush on Arhaan since 12th grade but Arhaan looked at her just like his sister. But the girl was actually head over heels for him and thus wouldn't leave any chance of getting close to him whenever they're at a party or any family get-together.

After taking alot of pictures in weird poses, everyone just scattered again and Arhaan was busy discussing some football match scores with Ali's brother when someone again held his hand and he almost snatched his hand back.

"What? Samya?" Arhaan whisper-yelled at his cousin who looked hurt.

"I want a selfie." She pouted and Arhaan took a deep breathe.

"We took enough pictures for tonight I guess." He said and looked at his friends and cousins for help, who actually were busy enjoying the show.

"Selfie is different!" Samya blankly said and again came closer to Arhaan and smiled towards the camera.

1 click. 2 click. 3 click. 4 click.

"Samya I guess this is enough." Arhaan tried to say as politely as he could but the girl didn't budge.

Samya placed her hand on Arhaan's shoulder and Arhaan rolled his eyes, clearly frustrated and then looked at the entrance, where his eyes met with someone..... Anabiya.

The girl in yellow had a smile on her face and little did she know, her smile was actually causing a war of emotions inside someone.

Arhaan smiled at her and Anabiya smiled back as she entered with her best friends.

Arhaan walked towards her and Samya lost her balance as she was leaning on Arhaan. Anabiya widened her eyes as she gestured Arhaan to look at his right and Arhaan did so.

Samya didn't fall, but she surely had a dead look on her face and she looked pissed off.

Arhaan muttered a 'Sorry' and again started walking towards Anabiya.

"Assalamualaikum." He greeted.

"WalekumAssalam." Anabiya replied with a smile.

"Where's your family?" Arhaan inquired and Anabiya smiled apologetically.

"My parents had to go to my aunt's house, so they couldn't make it. But I have my best friends with me. They're family too." Anabiya explained and Arhaan nodded.

"Nabeeha was looking for you. The girl was so curious as to when you'll arrive. Please give her your phone number or something." Arhaan informed Anabiya and Anabiya grinned.

"Sure." She smiled and went inside.

"Woah she's the same feisty girl who punched the guy that day, right?" Reza asked and Arhaan nodded.

"Anabeeee your boss is so hawttt!" Sanaya drooled over and Ruhina nodded her head in agreement.

Anabiya made a face.

"Whatever!" She rolled her eyes.
Though she knew they were right. Anabiya glanced back and looked at the boy who was laughing with his friend.

The blue blazer looked perfect on him and his hair were perfect as always.

Arhaan looked at Anabiya and Anabiya quickly looked ahead, embarrased.

"Hope I wasn't looking like a creep!" Anabiya silently prayed as she walked towards the main stage area.

"Hi." Anabiya greeted as she tapped on Nabeeha's shoulder, who was busy in discussing something with her friends.

Nabeeha faced Anabiya and almost squealed.

"Anabiyaaaa!" Nabeeha squealed and hugged Anabiya while Anabiya hugged her back.

"Congratulations, Bee! I'm so happy for you. Oh my Allah! You're getting officially engaged!" Anabiya grinned and jumped a little and Nabeeha nodded like a child.

"Thankyou! And yes. But you're late. I was actually expecting you while I was getting ready." Nabeeha frowned and Anabiya gave her a small smile.

"Give me your phone number." Nabeeha said and the girls exchanged the phone numbers.

After Anabiya introduced Sanaya and Ruhina, and Nabeeha introduced Anabiya to her friends and cousins, Sanaya, Ruhina and Anabiya soon became the part of the gang.

"They said No again. Like for the 100th time and I'm not going again!" A fifteen year old girl panted as she ran towards Nabeeha and the girls.

"Ugh brothers are useless!" Afia, Humaid's fiance stated and the girls laughed.

"I agree with you, Bhabhi." Nabeeha said and Anabiya looked at them, confused.

"What happened?" She asked all curious.

"We want chicken nuggets and French fries but obviously cannot openly bring here because of our elders and well the party is going on. So we asked the boys for help to sneak the food inside. But they're not co-operating." Nabeeha explained and Anabiya nodded.

"Arhaan bhai said who leaves Moughlai food for fries." The fifteen year old cousin, who's name was Tahrim, spoke and some girls chuckled.

"Well, we can't help our cravings!" Anabiya said defensively and Afia hi-fived her.

"We can sneak in the food. Just need some kids." Sanaya suggested and everyone looked at her.

"Yeah, we can sneak in. Just hide the packets in our dupattas or something." Sanaya shrugged and Anabiya smiled.

"But look over there." Zoya, Nabeeha's bestfriend gestured down the stage, where people were again and again looking at the girls.

"The aunties and our mothers will notice that something is wrong." She explained and everyone's face again dropped.

"Don't worry! I mean I'm new here. We are new over here. I don't think so they'll notice or something." Sanaya pitched in and Afia shook her head in negative.

"You're wearing a dress. You can't hide it." She frowned.

"Yeah, we need someone who's wearing a flowy and full dress and who is new ov-" Nabeeha stopped and then slowly looked at Anabiya, who had a confused look On her face.

"What? Why are you guys looking at me?" She questioned and then her eyes widened.

"NO!" She almost shouted.

"Yes. Pleaseeeee!" Nabeeha pleaded and soon the girls, including her best friends started pleading to her.

Anabiya being the person she was, couldn't stand almost fifteen-seventeen girls including the girls to be engaged pleading to her and thus she gave in agreed to do the deed.

"Okay so Samad will accompany you and will protect you, in case of any emergency." Nabeeha said and Anabiya looked at her face to find any trace of humour but well, she found none and in fact Nabeeha looked serious.

Anabiya then glanced down towards the seven year old Samad. Her 'bodyguard' and her protector.

"So you're ready?" Everyone asked her and she nodded.

"Ready for the mission, captain!" Anabiya gave a fake salute.

"Mission?" The girls heard a voice and all had a shocked expression on their faces.

"Mom!" Nabeeha looked at the lady who was none other than Hafsa.

"Assalamualaikum!" Everyone greeted so did Anabiya and Hafsa replied.

Hafsa introduced some ladies to her daughter and soon to be daughter in law and as soon as she left, Nabeeha came towards Anabiya.

"The food is here. Take Samad will you." Nabeeha whispered into Anabiya's ear and Anabiya nodded.

Samad walked ahead of Anabiya and she laughed as they went towards the gate.

"Samad?" She called out and Samad looked at her.

"Why are you running ahead of me?" She asked.

Samad stopped and looked at her.

"I'm not running ahead. I'm protecting you. I'm your bodyguard!" He said as he tried to flex his non-existent muscles and Anabiya tried to hold her laughter.

This seven year old has Anabiya's heart already.

"Samad.... you're so cute. And handsome too. And yes, smart too." Anabiya praised him, talking like a child and he grinned at her.

"So, you're my girlfriend?" He said, with twinkling eyes and Anabiya grinned at him and nodded.

Samad did a happy dance and then pointed near the main gate.

"See, the delivery man is here. I'll get the parcel!" Samad almost yelled and then ran towards the main gate and Anabiya followed.

There were almost twelve packets. And thus, Anabiya knew it was gonna be difficult to hide and sneak the stuff inside.

"Okay, Samad, hold on. Lemme just hide them....." Anabiya said as she put the packets down near a bench and adjusted her dupatta so that she could use it's length to hide the packets.

And then a hand came infront of her and grabbed 4 packets, altogether.

Anabiya looked up and her eyes widened in shock.

"Arhaan Sir?" She spoke and Samad huffed.

"Arhaan bhaiyya, that's our fries and nuggets. Give it back!" Samad cried and Arhaan raised his eyebrow.

"Oh so my crazy sister actually ordered them. But guess what? I'm not giving this back." Arhaan smirked and Anabiya glared at him.

"Listen Sir, you guys weren't ready to bring in the food, so sorry but no, we can't share." Anabiya said as she narrowed her eyes.

Arhaan pulled his hand out which was holding the food packets and just when Anabiya was about to grab it, he pulled it back and Anabiya lost her balance and tripped.

"Careful!" Arhaan mumbled as he held Anabiya and their eyes met. The faces just few inches apart, the light wind brushing against their faces and the emotions in their eyes was creating a very different yet amazing feeling inside both of them.

"ARHAAN BHAI GIVE US THE FRIES BACK!" Samad shouted and Anabiya and Arhaan almost jumped out of their trance.

"Sorry." Anabiya quickly said as she pulled back and Arhaan left her too. But then Anabiya didn't move back and Arhaan looked down at her.

The bracelet was stuck in the blazer's button.

Woah, Bollywood.

''Uh.... It's.... It's stuck..." Anabiya said as she looked at Arhaan and then shifted her gaze towards her wrist.

She then tried to untangle the metal from the button but that didn't help.

"Uhm wait. Lemme do this." Arhaan said and then put the packets down and started to work on the tangled bracelet and the button.

The close proximity between them was awkward and they knew being so close to each other, almost breathing the same air was wrong, but what can they do? But it felt nice to them.... too nice.

Their fingers brushed in the process, yet both tried to look calm and normal.

Anabiya then looked at Samad, gesturing him towards the packets.

"Hope you get it. Hope you understand babyyyyy." Anabiya silently prayed and did a happy dance in her mind when Samad quietly collected all the packets.

And as soon as he picked the last packet, Arhaan removed the bracelet too.

"Here, it's all-" Arhaan started but was cut off as Anabiya lightly pushed him and ran towards the entrance.

"Don't stop Samad! Run!" She instructed Samad as she ran behind him.

Anabiya stopped midway.

"Sorry Arhaan Sir. But food comes first. Especially when its fries and nuggets!" She said and though she had her back facing him, he knew she was smiling.

Arhaan didn't reply but just stood there, smiling like an idiot.

"You're something different Anabiya..." Arhaan whispered and then walked off.

...............

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

165K 16.6K 84
. . . [Highest rank :- #8 in hotlist as of 19-01-2018] [ Featured in the wattpad block party 2017 - winter edition] [ First place winner of the Fict...
4.6K 79 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
103K 8K 64
This is book one which is completed but you can find the continuation of this book YOU ARE THE EVERYTHING I NEED. ----------+++++++++-----++++++++++...
410K 24K 34
❝ She knew he can never be hers and yet she fell in love with him ❞ Fairytales exist only in books and movies. That's what Natasha Rehman told hersel...