It's So Easy | Buddy Holly

By RadicalCopper

**COMPLETED, BUT UNDER CONSTRUCTION** Violet Winter and Buddy Holley have been attached at the hip since the... More

Introducing Violet
Interview
Diners
I Love Lucy
Twins
Trellis
Studio
Birthday
Journals
Photographs
Hospital
Childhood
A/N
Drafts
Home
Bus
Milwaukee
Cyrano
Miscarriage
Rose
Yearbooks
Easter
Dear Vi, Love Buddy
Dear Buddy, Love Vi
Siblings
Adalyn
Dear Vi, Love Buddy (2)
Dear Buddy, Love Vi (2)
Crowd
Larry
Dorothy
It's You
Cut
A/N
Church
Debbie
Springfield
Random (2)
Love, Not Like
A/N:
Koch

Dresses

250 12 0
By RadicalCopper

A/N: Underlined sentences are spoken in French.

November 28th, 1958. 1:38 pm, Juliet and Russell Smith's Household

Buddy and I came to Juliet's house about a half hour ago, and she just suggested that we split off. Me and her, Russ and Buddy. I feel sort of bad for Buddy, seeing as he literally just told me that he's scared of him. I mean, Russ is gigantic, I'm scared too. He could shatter my arm by punching it.

"Yeah, sure, I'm okay with that. You, Vi?" Buddy looks genuinely fine. He is a great actor, after all.

I nod. "Yeah, sounds good."

Juliet stands up slowly. She's starting to show her little pregnant belly. It's pretty cute...is that weird?

"Come on, there's a new little strip mall! I want to check it out." Juliet smiles and places a hand on her stomach. I do admit, I have baby fever, but not for my own kids. Other people's babies are the best...mostly because once they start crying I can hand them back over to the parent and not deal with it. Will I be a bad mom?

Juliet and I left Buddy and Russ at the house. She drags me into a maternity store and I sigh.

"You okay, Vi?" Juliet asks me.

"Mhm, just a little...shaken, I guess." I respond, reaching into my purse for chapstick.

Juliet walks into one of the many, many aisles and starts to look at dresses. "About what?"

"I told Buddy about Koch today." I mumble, leaning against a rack.

"You did?!"

"Yeah, I did."

"Took you long enough. I was actually thinking, Violet. Maybe I should name one of these babies after him. He always was there for us."

"So you want to name your kid Wilhelm?" I smile

"Well, maybe William. Wilhelm would be...a different name."

"I guess."

After an hour of maternity shopping, We finally get to leave and go to the next store, a normal clothing store. Juliet has been babbling on about babies and names and nurseries.

"Russ really likes Buddy."

I snapback to reality. "What?"

"Russ really likes Buddy."

"Oh, that's great!"

"Does Buddy like Russ?"

I pause. I don't know if I should lie or come clean. I decide to lie to save Buddy's dignity. "Yeah, he thinks he's pretty neat."

Juliet holds up a dress and smiles. "Try this on for me."

"But I don't wanna!"

"Come on, Vi! I want to know what it would look like on me!"

I roll my eyes and take the dress, wandering into the dressing room. Juliet follows and crams herself into the room with me.

"Really?"

"I see you naked in the mirror every morning."

"You're right, damn it."

I change into the dress and Juliet grins. "You look stunning!"

I turn around and look in the mirror. I admit, I look damn good. " Huh, you're right again."

"You're buying it, no choice." Juliet grins. "I wish I could. Maybe I should buy one now and wait until after they're here to wear it!"

"Okay, yeah. I'll buy yours too."

"You don't have to do that."

"Happy birthday."

Juliet stands up and smiles at me. "I don't know how to feel to know that Buddy has essentially seen me naked."

"I don't know how to feel to know that Russ has essentially seen me naked." I wiggle out of the dress.

"I miss being skinny." Juliet frowns and rubs her baby bump.

"It's not like anyone thinks you're fat, they can tell you're pregnant."

"I think we have nice bodies, really. Nice bust to hip ratio. Nice waist. We have great butts, too." Juliet turns her back to the mirror and looks at her ass over her shoulder. "Fantastic."

I laugh and turn around too. "I mean, I would have to agree. Look at those butts."

Juliet winks at herself in the mirror and laughs. "Okay, get dressed, I don't want to look at your cute panties and cute bra anymore. I wish I could still wear those! Ugh!"

I shrug. "Are you saying that you are envious of my oh so great body?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying! Have you ever tried to have sex when you're pregnant? It's hard! Working around the babies? Impossible. Just about the only position we can do is-"

I cut her off. "Juliet I don't want to know about your sex life."

"Well, I want to hear about yours."

"Ummmm no."

"I don't know if mines normal!"

"It probably is."

"Come on!"

"Why?"

"Because I want to know! Women talk about this stuff!"

I roll my eyes. "Fine. What do you want to know?"

"How often?"

"I don't know! I don't count!"

"So like...a lot?"

"Jesus, Juliet. No, average. We're pretty busy if you haven't noticed."

"So not a lot?"

"I'm done talking about this in a public dressing room. I'll spill all when we're in the car or something." I grab my blouse and slide it on, buttoning it.

Juliet grabs the dress and checks the size. "Did the medium fit over your chest okay?"

"Yes, it was fine. Maybe slightly tight, but then again, everything is a little tight around there."

"Do you think our mom cursed us with these ridiculous fat balls?"

I laugh and pull on my skirt. "Probably."

"What bra size do you wear?"

"34 D I think?" I sit on the bench and pull on my socks and shoes.

"I'm already up to a 34DD." Juliet looks disappointed and fixes her hair in the mirror. She's kept it at shoulder length since we were sophomores. It's very Marilyn Monroe esque.

"Jeez! I thought my back hurt!" I stand up after tying my shoes. I fix my hair in the mirror too. I'm much lazier with my hair. Long with bangs. I almost always pull my hair into a ponytail and curl my bangs and the ends of the pony. Huh, I've had the same exact hair style for almost a decade. Maybe I should change...no. I'm too low maintenance to spend more than fifteen minutes on my hair. The rare occasions I do wear my hair down, it's curled away from my face. I can't stand hair in my face.

We finally get back into the car and start home. I look at the clock on the dashboard. Holy shit, it's already 5:30!

"Well?" Juliet looks at me from the driver's seat.

"Well what?" I look back at her.

"How often?"

"Oh my God. I won't get you to shut up until I tell you."

"Yes."

"Like, two or three times a week. Maybe four."

"That seems pretty average."

"I told you."

She looks back at the road. "Do you guys still use "protection"?"

"I'm not trying to get pregnant, thank you."

"So yes. Well when are you going to have kids?"

"I don't know. Maybe a couple of years."

"I can't wait. They'll be the cutest kids of all time."

A/N: Sorry again for the short chapter! I'll get something longer up probably next week!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 7.8K 54
NOTE: I REVISED BEFORE YOU GO, SO THERE WILL BE SOME MISINFORMATION IN THIS ONE REGARDING LEON & ELIZA'S RELATIONSHIP. I WILL FIX IT SOON, THOUGH! *...
1M 29.7K 49
Book #1 of "His & Hers" book trilogy Warning: Mature (18+) Content! #6 in Mafia 2022 #1 in Italianamerican 2022 #4 in Slowburn 2022 #1 in Hook-ups 20...
132K 10.4K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜 & 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕊𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
7K 142 55
Two broken souls in the midst of a crazy world. Two souls running away from their past. There was no light at the end of the tunnel. The tunnel was c...