Dragon Mountain

By Rampage023

When a rider becomes of age they go to Dragon Mountain to find their dragon, their mate. Well thats exactly w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2

Chapter 3

1.1K 71 26
By Rampage023

I slowly came to my senses and blinked away the sleep in my eyes. I was confused as the first thing I saw was a silver rose. I didn't even know a rose could be that color. Maybe it was painted? Slowly I sat up and looked down at what I had been resting on. Instead of a mattress like I assumed I'd been resting on I looked down amazed to see thousands and thousands of jewels on top of each other. I gingerly pressed my hand down against the jewels and stared in awe at how incredibly soft they were against the flesh of my hand. I knew dragons were hoarders when it came to their shiny things I just never assumed they used jewels for this purpose.

I ran my hand against the jewels again before assessing the rest of the room. On almost every surface I could see were nothing but silver roses. I smiled and slowly slide out the bed to get a better look at the room. It was simply magnificent.

It was much much larger then my old room in fact I'm pretty sure three of my rooms could fit in here. It was more like a suit then anything. I could see where the bedroom actually ended and a small kitchen started. On the right I could see where the master bathroom was and gods was it s beautiful bathroom. Before I could venture into it where I'm sure a very nice hot shower awaited me a couple of raised voices caught my attention.

With practiced ease I grasped a very decorative knife off the nightstand and walked into the hallway my thumb pressing against one of the bright blue jewels. The voices rose in volume as I slowly crept forward my bare feet quiet on the marble floor. I eased further down the hall till I reached the top of a curved white marble stair case. The marble gleamed under the light and I would have smiled at the sight of silver petals spread upon them if I didn't feel my mates anger.

"She can not exist! Elders don't have mates Devin. She has to be an agent from-"

"Do you not think I would know if she somehow tricked me? That girl is my mate and if any of you dare touch her I'll burn everyone of you. Rip every piece of meat right off your pathetic bones."

"You dare threaten me boy! I could kill you now you arrogant hatchling!"

I had moved to the bottom of the stair case at that moment and felt a furious rage overcome me as a cloaked figure  raised his hand as if to strike my mate. Without thinking I flung the knife watching as it instantly caught the fabric of the figures sleeve and pinned his arm to the wall behind him.

The figure cried out in shock and instantly tried to pull his arm free.

Devin, my mate spun to gaze at me. I ignored him and walked with a purpose to the figure who had failed to remove the beautfiul dagger. The figure froze as I neared them. With ease I pulled the dagger out of the wall and slowly eased the blade against the elders throat as he leaned back causing his hood to fall away revealing the handsome face of man who appeared in his early forties but was probably well over a hundred years.

"I don't like you sounding quite so hostile to my mate and he is my mate." I whispered leaning in. An unfamiliar rumbled started in my chest and before I could stop it a growl very much like a dragons slithered between my parted lips. The elder's eyes widened at the sound and I would have paused in awe at being able to make such a sound if it wasn't for the fact he'd threatened what was mine.

"I am an elder." He hissed trying and failing to sound threatening as his tone wavered.

"I'm the mate to an elder so your title literally means nothing to me." I smiled revealing my marked flesh. It seemed to glow brightly as if to prove that yes it was more than it appeared.

"Don't threaten me and don't threaten my mate. I find myself suddenly craving blood on my blades and I'm sure elders blood would look so pretty on them don't you? " I pressed the blade harder into his skin watching as blood suddenly seeped out and slide onto the shinning metal. I almost purred in satifaction as his forehead suddenly started to shine with sweat. "You can leave now." I smiled twirling the dagger away placing it by my side.

The elder straightened his shoulders before stepping toward the door but before he left he gave me a cold glare giving one last attempt to state his dominance but I could see his hands, and they were trembling.

Another growl left my lips and I felt pressure in my mouth making me bare my teeth slightly and I was slightly stunned to feel fangs pressing into my lip. The elders eyes widened in horror before he fled the house slamming the door behind them. From what I'd been taught about mating's the females body changed but I was pretty sure what was happening to me wasn't normal nor was my sudden flare of courage. Before yesterday I wouldn't have walked into the room too afraid at the thought of an elder spotting me. Actually I was feeling a little sick now that the elder was gone. Oh heavens now he was going to spread around how insane and blood thirsty I was. Maybe that wasn't a bad thing.

"Did you like the flowers?"

The question was spoken softly startling me. I stood there stunned for a moment at the question. Flowers? Oh yes the roses. He wanted to talk about flowers and not about what just happened? I could do that.

I placed the dagger on a small table that stood next to me and turned to Devin. "I really like them thank you. No one has ever gotten me flowers before." He straightened his shoulders and moved forward to grab my hand. "I- I had to look up the customs for mating since I was never taught them and one of them was that the mate should wake up with the dragons choice of flower. I had hoped you would like them. I'm kinda of new at all this." He said threading his fingers through mine before pulling me closer to him.

Suddenly feeling shy I ducked my head and placed my hand on his chest. "Well elder I very much enjoyed them and I found your bed to be very strange but I like it." I looked up at him a gave him a shy grin.

"One, please don't ever call me elder again I am your mate and I'm no that old. Two, its our bed little one."

I yelped in surprise as he picked me up bridal style and proceeded to walk into a amazingly bright kitchen. "Another custom is that the dragon cooks breakfast for his beautiful mate." He said setting me down on a black stool. I gaped at the glorious abundance of food that was spread out in front of me. It looked like a freaking picture out of a magazine it was that incredible.

"Are you a chief? " I asked in disbelief. Everything was in such a amazing presentation that I'd only expect such skill from a professional chief. He must have worked on this for a while, gah what time was it?

When I looked up at him his face was flushed and I realized he was embarrassed. He looked freaking adorable.

"I uh wanted you to like it." He muttered raking a hand through his long hair that all dragons seemed to have it was longer than mine. I got a sudden urge to to run my fingers through the silky strands. Turning from his gaze I grabbed the first thing I could reach which was some pastry that I had no idea what it was. Holy cupcakes this was amazing.

"When I'm pregnant do you promise to make this for me everyday." I asked taking another mouthful. Then I realized what I said and wanted to sink deep into the marble floor and never be seen again. His deep chuckle made me want to hide even more as embarrassment heated my face. I wasn't being forward at all thought sarcastically but it was mating ritual that a child was created within two months. Newly mated always ended up with a child but then again we were different. He was an elder maybe we woulnd't be blessed with children. The thought was depressing and scary. Not having the option of children scared me. I'd never really wanted a child before but now that the option might not be open to me made me want to cry. Pushing the thought away I took another bite of the most delicious piece heaven I've ever had.

He moved behind me and slide his arms around my waist his hands settling on the soft skin of my belly.

"I'll make it for you anytime you want little mate, I can't wait to see you round with my child. I never thought I'd have children." He said the last part very quiet almost to himself. I suddenly prayed I could give him the children he craved.

"Please you have to eat some of this with me." I begged motioning to the seat beside me. Devin complied and dug into what looked like blue berry pancakes. There was a comfortable silence and I hid my grin as I shoved another mouthful into my face.

I used this time to sneak glances at him.

Like all dragons he was extraordinarily large to the point even humans would question if he was human. Dragons found it difficult to wear normal shirts so most of them either wore a loose tunic as Devin did now or a cloak. I looked to his hair and had an urge to touch it again, gods it looked so silky and soft. It was a deep chocolate brown that reach well past his shoulders in a wavy curtain that fell freely around his face showing how comfortable he felt around me.

"I think we should talk about what happen in the living room." He said clearing his throat after I'd eaten a considerable amount of food. I straightened suddenly nervous. I clenched my fork in my hand and nodded bracing myself.

"I am glad you stood up to him, you did nothing wrong. I'm actually quite proud of you but I want you to be careful when I'm not around. Recently there have been a few issues with spies and traitors. A few of the elders believe you were planted."

"I'm not!"

He smiled and grasped my hand. "I know that. No one can fake what I feel for you or what happened last night. This is what the other males talk about when they discuss their mates. I am truly blessed to be given a mate. To be given you. I'm not suppose to have a mate but I do and that makes everyone suspicious and wary but I don't care. Your my perfect little miracle."

He placed a gentle kiss on my hand that had me grinning.

"Come on finish eating so I can go through the other mating rituals."  He said with excitement making me giggle like a school girl.

Once we finished breakfast he pulled me into the living room in circling me in a hug. He leaned over and grabbed a remote. When he clicked on the remote soft slow music filled the room. I smiled up at him when he gently started to sway us. I giggled as he spun me and gave me a big dip. When he slowly brought me up my eyes connected with his. Everything seemed to slow down then.

Just as we were about to have our first kiss a knock on the door broke us apart. An angry snarl left his lips his muscles tensing. He went to the door and flung it open with a growl revealing a man who appeared the same age as my mate but looks were deceiving.

"Devin!"

"What the hell Riley go away I'm in my mating dance."

"Oh man you actually have one of those. So this thing is real? She's really your mate?"  The man barged in and moved into the living his eyes focused on me. I suddenly felt uneasy and stepped back.

He didn't seem to have any boundaries as he grabbed my tattooed arm tightly and ran a finger along with the lines.  Before I could strike him my mate growled angrily and grabbed his friend by the back of his cloak and threw him across the room. I stared wide eyed as my mate growled at him fury twisting his features making him appear terrifying. He looked glorious.

"Don't you ever lay a hand on my mate again. She's mine!"

Worry speared through me as I realized my mate was starting to shift his rage taking over him. I could already see his bones starting to move under his skin as if his dragon form was a living beast inside him ready to rip away the human flesh to be free. I quickly moved between the men and jumped up wrapping my arms around his neck my legs around his waist. As I wasn't anywhere near tall as him I wasn't able to jump high enough leaving me hang awarkdly but he automaticlly graspped my bottom and lifted me up so my face was level with his.

"Hey its all right calm down he didn't hurt me. I'm right here." I placed my palm against his cheek forcing him to look at me. Slowly his eyes shifted back to normal his breathing claiming.

I suddenly realized how close I was and felt incrediably shy as he gazed at my face which probably didn't look to pretty as my makeup must have smeared in my sleep. Oh gah why hadn't I thought of that earlier. I must look a complete mess and now he was getting a close up look at it.

Embrassed I ducked my head burying my face against his neck his hair tickling me.

"Damn Devin I get it I get it she's really your mate. No need to throw me into things." The man grumbled sounded disgruntled and a little hurt.

"I would never hurt her Devin you should know that."

 "I don't know a lot of things right now with half the council wanting her blood. They don't care if shes a spy or not. Just because they weren't gifted a mate they want to harm mine. I thought they were my brothers and now they want to harm the only thing I care about."

His words both warmed and concerned me. I was something strange and different. Obviously they were afraid about what this meant. Was Devin the only elder gifted with a mate or did the others have mates too?

"Well I think she's a sign of hope." Riley said in a light tone. "I think the great dragon spirit is finally allowing us something we've always wanted and you just happen to be the first to receive the gift and that pisses everyone off. They're just jealous Devin not to mention shes the most beautiful rider I've ever seen."

Devin growled and I flushed pleased by his possessive nature about me. Nothing was hotter than a possessive dragon.

"Calm down Devin. I don't want your woman I might have my own soon." Riley said happily.

"Yes and if you do get that pleasure I'll ruin your mating dance and see how you like it." Devin growled his irration clear in his voice.

"Oh right sorry. I'll uh just...let yall get back to that." He said sheepishly.

"Um call me when you get done you know...dancing. The council wants to see her but they''ll back off for now because they respect you. Nice meeting you." Then Riley was gone and we were alone again.

He placed a hand on the back of my head. "I'm ashamed that I just realized I don't know what your name is little one."

Oh yeah.

"Elissa. My names Elissa."

He whispered my name and I grinned. My name sounded so exotic when he said it. Like the name of a foreign princess or something.

I let my legs slide of his hips and stood up letting my hands slide from his neck to rest on his chest.

"Lets finish our dance shall we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5.7K 19
စံကောင်းမွန် + တခေတ်ခွန်း ငယ်ငယ်ကခင်မင်ခဲ့တဲ့ဆက်ဆံရေးကနေအကြောင်းတစ်ခုကြောင့်စိတ်သဘောထားကွဲလွဲပြီး ပြန်တွေ့တဲ့အချိန်မှာသူဌေးနဲ့အလုပ်သမားဆက်ဆံရေးဖြစ်သွ...
135K 6.7K 43
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...
390K 16.5K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
461K 14.9K 143
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...