Chapter 3

I slowly came to my senses and blinked away the sleep in my eyes. I was confused as the first thing I saw was a silver rose. I didn't even know a rose could be that color. Maybe it was painted? Slowly I sat up and looked down at what I had been resting on. Instead of a mattress like I assumed I'd been resting on I looked down amazed to see thousands and thousands of jewels on top of each other. I gingerly pressed my hand down against the jewels and stared in awe at how incredibly soft they were against the flesh of my hand. I knew dragons were hoarders when it came to their shiny things I just never assumed they used jewels for this purpose.

I ran my hand against the jewels again before assessing the rest of the room. On almost every surface I could see were nothing but silver roses. I smiled and slowly slide out the bed to get a better look at the room. It was simply magnificent.

It was much much larger then my old room in fact I'm pretty sure three of my rooms could fit in here. It was more like a suit then anything. I could see where the bedroom actually ended and a small kitchen started. On the right I could see where the master bathroom was and gods was it s beautiful bathroom. Before I could venture into it where I'm sure a very nice hot shower awaited me a couple of raised voices caught my attention.

With practiced ease I grasped a very decorative knife off the nightstand and walked into the hallway my thumb pressing against one of the bright blue jewels. The voices rose in volume as I slowly crept forward my bare feet quiet on the marble floor. I eased further down the hall till I reached the top of a curved white marble stair case. The marble gleamed under the light and I would have smiled at the sight of silver petals spread upon them if I didn't feel my mates anger.

"She can not exist! Elders don't have mates Devin. She has to be an agent from-"

"Do you not think I would know if she somehow tricked me? That girl is my mate and if any of you dare touch her I'll burn everyone of you. Rip every piece of meat right off your pathetic bones."

"You dare threaten me boy! I could kill you now you arrogant hatchling!"

I had moved to the bottom of the stair case at that moment and felt a furious rage overcome me as a cloaked figure  raised his hand as if to strike my mate. Without thinking I flung the knife watching as it instantly caught the fabric of the figures sleeve and pinned his arm to the wall behind him.

The figure cried out in shock and instantly tried to pull his arm free.

Devin, my mate spun to gaze at me. I ignored him and walked with a purpose to the figure who had failed to remove the beautfiul dagger. The figure froze as I neared them. With ease I pulled the dagger out of the wall and slowly eased the blade against the elders throat as he leaned back causing his hood to fall away revealing the handsome face of man who appeared in his early forties but was probably well over a hundred years.

"I don't like you sounding quite so hostile to my mate and he is my mate." I whispered leaning in. An unfamiliar rumbled started in my chest and before I could stop it a growl very much like a dragons slithered between my parted lips. The elder's eyes widened at the sound and I would have paused in awe at being able to make such a sound if it wasn't for the fact he'd threatened what was mine.

"I am an elder." He hissed trying and failing to sound threatening as his tone wavered.

"I'm the mate to an elder so your title literally means nothing to me." I smiled revealing my marked flesh. It seemed to glow brightly as if to prove that yes it was more than it appeared.

"Don't threaten me and don't threaten my mate. I find myself suddenly craving blood on my blades and I'm sure elders blood would look so pretty on them don't you? " I pressed the blade harder into his skin watching as blood suddenly seeped out and slide onto the shinning metal. I almost purred in satifaction as his forehead suddenly started to shine with sweat. "You can leave now." I smiled twirling the dagger away placing it by my side.