Chapter 1

I grunted as sweat dripped off me falling the earth below me. I ran forward and curled my body doing a front flip off a crate. I quickly picked up my staff and turned my hair flying. Andrew didn't pause and quickly aimed for my knees. I blocked his hit again and again. The force of his movements had me gradually moving back.

I stifled a gasp as my back suddenly connected with a tree.

I ducked as he aimed for my head his staff slamming into the tree instead.

I rolled between his legs and quickly slammed my staff into his leg catching him by suprise. He grunted as his knee went out.

I kick him in the back causing him to fall foward. He rolled to his back and I placed my staff agasint his neck my breathing coming out in quick pants.

"Well done little one" He panted breathing just as hard as me.

I smiled at his praise.

I held out a hand and he accepted it. Pulling him up I smiled smug "I was pretty cool wasn't I?"

He laughed and shook his head.

"You didn't hurt him to bad did you?" Alexis teased pecking her husbands lips.

He smiled down at her and wrapped a arm around her wasit.

"Why? You want to play doctor"

I made a grossed out face and they laughed.

I smiled then turned to look at the large mountain that was the frist thing you noticed when entering this town.

My smiled faltered and I sigh quietly.

Today was my 18 birthday which meant I'd have to climb the mountain tonight and entered the cave. I"d have to enter the cave filled with dragons and one of them would be my mate.

An honestly that was scary.

I mean the wolves envyed us sure. I mean they sometimes went centuries looking for their mate and all we had to do was walk into a cave.

But would my mate like me? What would he be like? Would he be a jerk , a softy? I had no clue.

"Come on you need to get ready" Alexis smiled softly.

I smiled back and went with her back into the house but not without glancing at the mountian one last time.

I sat in front of a mirror as Alexis brushed my hair like my mother use too. She gently pulled pushed my hair over my shoulder and smiled at me in the mirror.

"He's going to love you" She whispered.

I blushed and looked down.

Alexis had quickly became my mother and bestfriend when I was 12. Both my parents had died in a attack and the elders had quickly deemed Alexis and Andrew my gurdains.

Like my father had been Andrew was a water dragon. Most the dragons were males but their were a few females but it was rare.

See when a dragon and his mate have a child their is always the possiblity it'll be a dragon or a rider.

I of course was born a rider.

Only a mate could ever ride a dragon so many of the supernatural world respected riders.

Dragons in general were respected.

I glanced down at my dark blue pants that clung to my legs as if they were a second skin. A tradional sash was tied around my waist, a white material was wrapped tightly across my chest leaving my shoulders and stomach bare.

My golden blonde hair was long and silky my one pride.

Alexis smiled at me and gently laid my mother's necklance against my skin making my skin flush with magic.

I closed my eyes and breathed slowly letting the odd sensation run through me.

"It's time."

I opened my eyes and looked at Andrew who was looking at me with a strange glint in his eye.

I stood and hugged Alexis before joining Andrew. It was silent as we stepped outside.

I gasped as I always did as he shifted into his dragon form his gaint body stretching out in the front yard. I closed my eyes as his huge clawed hand grasped me.

The loud sound of his wings unfurling made my heart race. I bit my lip to keep from scream as my feet suddenly left the ground. I kept my eyes closed as the wind whipped at my face slinging my hair everywhere.

Before I knew it the wind died down and was being placed on my feet. I opened my eyes and gulped as the large opening to the cave loomed over me.

I looked over to my left to see two other girls with a large black dragon standing behind them.

They must be twins. I jumped as I was nudged lightly on my back causing me to spin around.

Andrew's large form lowered till his eyes met mine.

"You will always be like a daughter to me. Don't forget about us once your mated." I smiled and blushed nodding. With one last look he unfurled his wings and took flight. I backed away as did the girls as their dragon took flight as well.

In seconds they were gone leaving us alone on Dragon Mountain. We all three slowly turned around to face our fate our hearts pounding.

Taking a deep breath I took a step forward. My head snapped to the left as I felt a hand grasp mine.

One of the girls smiled at me warmly and squezzed my hand. Smiling back we all turned and faced the cave. Togeather we entered.

***********

Love you all- Rampage023