A Little Less Lonely Now (boy...

By buhbaileybee

"As if being shoved into a locker wasn't the worst thing that's happened, I have just been shoved into the ol... More

A Little Less Lonely Now
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
Author's Note/Plot Holes
Australia

four

17.2K 720 419
By buhbaileybee

~Caden's P.O.V.~

I guess I could have come a little closer to the party time. Simon probably isn't even ready yet.

I stood on Simon's porch waiting for someone to answer the door.

Why are my hands sweaty? Why do I feel...nervous? This is weird. Oh well. It's probably just something I ate.

It can't be anything other than something I ate.

Obviously.

Everything else is ruled out.

I don't do drugs.

I didn't have practice today.

And I am certainly not gay, much less in love with Simon.

So it's just the sandwich I ate today making my stomach feel weird. Duh.

The door in front of me creaked open to retail Simon's tiny frame. His blue T-shirt hung loosely on his body, but his black skinny jeans actually fit. I bet both pieces of clothing were men's size "as small as possible".

"Ready to go?"

"Uhm, yeah. S-sorry it took m-me so long to get to the d-door."

"That's fine Simon! I was a little early anyways. Now we'll be right on time, but we'd better get going."

"Oh, right. Thanks f-for taking me, and for inviting m-me."

"No problem! I needed someone to invite and like, everyone else was already going." And you seem like you needed a friend..

~Simon's P.O.V.~

Caden looks so amazing. The wind blowing through his blonde hair as we drive, his blue eyes flicking back and forth between the road, cars, and me as he talks about lacrosse practice. I should stop staring before my skinny jeans become a problem.

The house we pulled up to was huge. Calling it a house is an understatement. This place was a mansion. Balloons hung from every possible place. Music pumped it's way to the outside of the huge home. A little over two hundred people stood talking, or were dancing, or drinking, or making out. I know I won't be doing many of those things. I'll probably end up in one of the bedrooms hiding with a cookie and fruit juice.

What fun. Why did I agree to come here again?

I looked over at Caden. He was smiling at me and telling me how this party is supposed to be the best all year.

Oh yeah, that's why. Caden asked me.

We got out of his convertible and walked up to the front door. I took a deep breath and walked into the chaos behind Caden. He led me over to his group of friends and tried to include me in the conversation, but then he got distracted and I disappeared to a bedroom with my juice and a cookie from the food table.

I told you this would happen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 348 20
"Hey! She already said she was sorry. What more do you want?!" I screamed loudly in his face. His face turned from angry to shocked. No one had ever...
267K 10.7K 21
°°°°° "I walked over to where Aaron was sitting on the ground, kneeling so that I was face-to-face with him. He was wearing a blank expression on his...
34.8K 1.3K 30
"I hate you - so much Tripp." More confusion because, once more, wasn't this a good thing? "Why did you have to say that? What if," A little quieter...
56.1K 1.7K 15
Leo moves to a new school after getting bullied at his last one for being blind will someone rescue him from this darkness he's lost in, he meets Mat...