Soaring Sparks - A Wall•E Sto...

By TheSwiftKat

Things start to change for Wall•E and Eve when Eve meets up with the four other EVE additional probes who nee... More

Ch. 1 "Arrival"
Ch. 2 "The Others"
Ch. 3 "Departure"

Ch. 4 "A Long Way"

110 2 5
By TheSwiftKat

"Found Mars," Rogue shouted, staring out the window.

"You dipstick, that's mercury!" Snapped Scepter.

Virgo furrowed her eyes. "We won't even see Mercury. Mercury is behind Earth, genius."

"Who asked for your opinion, nerd!"

Virgo crossed her arms. "First of all, it's a true fact not an opinion. Second of all, I preferred to be called statistic analyst."

Scepter mimicked Virgo with her hand. "Blah, blah, blah. I'm Virgo and I'm sooo smart and people need to listen to me and respect me or else I get all pushy!"

"Will you three shut up!" Eve yelled from across the room.

The probes turned to her. "Someone's a little angsty, today." Scepter smirked.

"Screw off."

"Is it about that trash robot?" Rogue questioned.

"Why do you care?"

"I'm just asking."

"Maybe," Eve replied. "I don't know. None of you would understand anyway."

Rogue put on a puzzled look. "Why?"

"Because you're all probes!" She answered.

"So are you."

"I mean inside." Eve hovered closer to her sisters. "You're all robots inside yourself. You don't feel emotion like him and I do."

Rogue furrowed her eyes. "Well, that's because we're all robots. There is nothing in our programming that says that we have the ability to copy the social life of humans."

"It doesn't matter if you're human or not. It doesn't matter if you have blood or electricity coursing through your body. Anyone can feel emotion. If your really try— whatever. You guys wouldn't understand anyway."

Rogue continued to stare. "Since when did you become so— emotional?"

"Hey, whats the score?" Scepter yelled trying to change the subject.

Rogue went through her memory. "I found Mars, Scepter found a comet and the horse head nebula, and Virgo found two comets, and the moon. So, Virgo's winning.

Scepter put her head in her arms. "Typical that the team nerd won."

"Statistic analyst!" Virgo snapped.

Eve ignored their bickering and floated back to the window. She admitted to herself that she was being emotional— but she had never really thought she would be this way. Sure, she missed Wall•E too much already, but why does it hurt so much? They've only been separated for a few hours and it feels like Eve just wants to tear out her circuits and scream. Plus, none of her probe sisters would understand. They haven't felt what she has before and they might never will.

Eve continued to stare and look all mopey when someone, very lightly, tapped her on the back. She huffed and turned around. It was Purity. The yellow eyed, shy one. Eve was shocked. "Oh hey— how have you been?" Eve didn't know what to say. She barely knew anything about this probe.

Purity hovered next to her. "I was just wondering, if it's ok with you, what is it like?"

Eve looked puzzled. "What is what like?"

"Emotion." Purity twiddled her fingers. "I mean- what is like to love— or in fact be loved."

Eve thought for a moment. No one has ever asked that before and how could a simple robot, like herself, explain that. "It's not something you see, it's something you feel."

Purity looked around her body. "Where would I feel it?"

Eve giggled at the innocent probe. "I mean- you don't literally feel it. It's something you feel inside yourself. It's like a growing feeling. You feel all happy and warm, knowing that you truly care about someone."

"Is it dangerous?"

"Of course not! It's actually— beautiful." Eve hated talking all cheesy, but it was the only way to describe it. "It's like you finally found the one thing you were missing in your life."

Purity awed. "Oooh, I want a love. Where do I get one?"

Eve laughed again. "You don't supposedly get one. You'll discover and feel one in time. Maybe not today, tomorrow, or a week from now, but you'll find one."

The shy probe looked out the window as well. "Wow, it sounds beautiful."

Eve turned to her and smiled. "I'm glad you understand. Those 'geniuses' over there don't even know what happiness is."

Purity giggled. "I like you." She hugged Eve. Eve was a little weirded out, but she wrapped her arms around her as well. Purity let go and folded her arms. "So, probe to probe, what's Wall•E like?"

"Aw, geez. Don't go all 'girl talk' on me." Eve said rubbing her head.

"I just want a first experience."

Eve sighed. She did like Purity out of all the probes here. "Fine. I guess I do owe you a favor for understanding."

Purity smiled and sat cutely next to her.

Eve thought. "Well, he really is something. He's a little shy, but very sweet. The first time I met him, he immediately couldn't take his eyes off of me."

Purity giggled. "Love at first sight, eh?"

"I guess for him. When I first met him, I thought he was a threat. At the time, there was supposed to be no inhabitants on Earth. I guess after 700 years of being alone, he just really wanted my attention."

"So how'd you two pull it off?"

"Well, we finally began to socialize near a beach that was— on fire."

Purity looked puzzled. "Why was it-"

"My fault." Eve interrupted bashfully. "Anyway, we finally had the courage to talk and it was very nice. He showed me how he could compact trash into little cubes and told me his name." Eve giggled, remembering his adorable love-struck reaction when she told him her name.

"So what happened next?" Purity asked scooting closer, obviously interested.

"Well, he then brought me to his home. It's this big Wall•E delivery truck that was put out of use when all the robots were turned off. He really had a nice home. Inside, it was covered with colorful lights, cute collectibles he had found, and many wondrous objects." Eve fidgeted. "And of course, after that we had that whole adventure with the plant you guys heard about."

"Wow, I wish I could find someone like him." Purity said with a dreamy look.

"I'm sure you will. Though sometimes he's a little naive. The fact that, he kept following me everywhere even though the first time we met, I shot my arm cannon at him. Also, that he saved me from a sandstorm, and took care of me while I was in sleep mode, and following me back to the Axiom and restoring Earth. All that because of-" Eve stopped talking. She had just realized all the stuff Wall•E has done for her. He practically almost killed himself every time and all he wanted was to just hold her hand.

"Seems like a really great guy." Purity said with a smile. "Doesn't he?"

Eve looked out the window. "Yeah, he is."

"Hey, girlfriends?" The girls turned around and noticed Rogue. "Purity, Scepter challenges you to the next game."

Purity looked nervous. "B-but I-"

"Move it or lose it, Purity!" Scepter yelled across from the room. Purity let out a small sigh and hovered away. Rogue hovered in her previous place and stared at Eve. Eve turned away with an angry look.

"Seems like you're finally bonding." Rogue stated."

"Shut up."

"No seriously."

"Why are you being so nice to me?" Eve questioned.

"Hey, I know it's tough getting used to them. You think I can stand these probes? Scepter gets on my nerves all the time and Virgo makes my circuits hurt with her intelligence."

"What about Purity?"

"She's fine, I guess. She's just a little awkward. She doesn't really talk to us too much. She was talking to you though."

Eve smiled. "Yeah, she's actually really nice."

"Well, at least you connected with someone today." Rogue patted Eve's back. "By the way, we'll have to start training tomorrow."

"Training?"

"Apparently, the Captain wants us to practice our combat in case of any threats. They had built this training room near the lido deck. We'll report there tomorrow."

"Oh, ok." Eve replied.

Rogue made her voice more calm. "Look I promise, this journey won't be torturous." She hovered away from her. "Us Soaring Sparks can handle this, can't we?"

"Right, right- yes." Eve quickly replied getting herself together. Rogue floated away and Eve rubbed her sleek cheek. "I can handle this. Can I?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.6K 3.3K 19
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
108K 3.2K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
296K 8.9K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
464K 31.5K 47
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...