Reckless Fearless Careless | ✓

By myreadingaddictions

"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to s... More

Author's note
Character Aesthetics
1-Who Names Their Kid After A Gargoyle?
2-Sorry Sir, Girl Problems
3-It's Disney Time Bitches
4-Don't Call Me Maxi
5-Are You On Drugs Woman?
6-People Do Stupid Things Whilst Drunk
7-It's Not A Wall, It's A Person
8-Green Eyes Is Feisty
9-When Did You Meet That Idiot?
10-I Used My Friend's Green Crayon Without Telling Her
11-I Hope Max And Mason Have Planned My Funeral
12-I Painted Hugo's Room Hot Pink
13-The Big Bad Boy Needs A Nanny
14-I Completely Wrecked Mum's Car
15-Is He Half Robot Or Something?
16-Covered In Popcorn, Butter And Coke
17-Doing More Than Tutoring
18-Disney Is Life
19-The Tutor Code
20-You Only Won Because Of That Stupid Door
22-Three Girls In One Night
23-A Royal Pain In The Arse
Character list
24-What The Hell Are You Doing In My Room?
25-You Think You Can Take Me?
26-Overly Thorough Directions
27-Dragged Through The Pits Of Hell
28-I Think I'm Going To Puke
29-Threatened By Random Year Eleven Girls
30-Did He Just Ask Me Out?
31-What's The Worst That Could Happen?
32-Why Am I Thinking Of Him?
33-Get Your Hands Off My Boyfriend
34-Cocky Bastards
35-I Love A Bad Girl
36-You're A Coward
37-Mystery Girl
38-I Dare You To Kiss Me
39-A Lingering Kiss
40-Walking Aimlessly In The Middle Of Nowhere
41-Sleeping With The Headmistress
42-Tearing Off Her Dress
43-How Much Did I Drink?
44-Zucchini Is A Made Up Vegetable
45-I Was His Everything
46-A Disapproving Look
47-I Just Care Too Damn Much
48-He Just Cares Too Damn Much
49-Save Her
50-A Toddler On Crack
51-Strawberry Ice Cream
52-Terrible In Bed
53-I Like You
Epilogue
Bonus #1: The Walls Are Soundproof
Bonus #2: Your Bedsheets Are Funny
New Book

21-I'm Everyone's Type

13.8K 440 98
By myreadingaddictions

Chapter 21: I'm Everyone's Type

I start to shake in my chair.

I can't do this. What was I thinking? I'm going to make a fool out of myself. I'm no model. Fucking hell, nothing can save me from this. Why the hell did I agree to this? What is wrong with me? I'm such an idiot.

The lady doing my hair notices my trembling and sends me a kind smile. "What's wrong with you?" She asks soothingly in her thick Irish accent.

"I'm just really nervous," I tell her, "I've never had to do anything like this before."

"Ah well don't worry I've seen plenty worry on their first time but they've all done great but if you're feeling nervous just imagine that you're not actually here, instead, pretend you're in your favourite place, that's what I do when I'm scared," she tells me.

"Thank you, that helps a lot," I say, sending her a shaky smile.

"Anytime dear, anytime."

I don't think of anything the whole time I'm getting ready, which is a while, this hair and makeup shit takes donkey's years I tell you. I know that if I think of anything it'll just lead to me worrying and panicking and I can't have that unless I want to start hyperventilating on set, now that would be really embarrassing.

Once everyone has finally finished touching me up, a girl with pin straight dirty blonde hair, dark brown eyes, a fancy earpiece and a clipboard sends me in the direction of the shoot, I'm assuming she's an assistant of some sort. I take small cautious steps and deep breaths as I walk.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

I walk into a brightly lit room that only has a few people in it. I'm probably one of the first few that are ready. "There you are, Aurora!" Camilla exclaims when she sees me, she too, like the blonde lady from before, has a fancy earpiece in, clearly visible as her light blonde hair is tied into a neat bun, not a single strand out of place.

I nod and give her a nervous smile. My discomfort must've been obvious because she immediately frowns when I do this.

"Sweetheart, there's no need to be nervous," she tells me.

"That obvious?" I ask with a nervous laugh.

"Honey, I've been in this business a long time, trust me, I know when someone's scared."

I let out a few short, ragged breaths as I look at my feet, unable to meet her eyes.

"Sweetheart look at me," she says softly and I reluctantly comply, not wanting to cause a scene. "I know this must be difficult for you so if it makes you feel better I can get Wyatt in here, he seems to calm you down a lot. I did originally shoo him away so he didn't flirt with any of my models–I'm sure you know what he's like–but I think for you I can make an exception," she smiles.

I nod gratefully at her. "I'd really appreciated that," I tell her. I don't know why but the idea of Wyatt being here to comfort me makes me feel a thousand times better.

She nods and says something into her earpiece that I can't decipher, most likely asking for Wyatt. I don't know why she doesn't just call him on her phone but maybe this way is quicker?

A few minutes later Wyatt strolls in but he's not alone. The blonde assistant lady from before is with him–she goes to immediately talk to Camilla–as well as Nathan and Olivia. Why on earth are they here?

"Nathan?" I ask hesitantly, he snaps his head in my direction a confused look on his face as he cradles his sleeping daughter in his arms.

"What are you doing here?" We both ask simultaneously.

Immediately after saying this we both burst out laughing, I do like hanging out with Nathan he's just great to be around.

Olivia starts to stir in his arms at our noise levels so we quickly quieten down and Nathan speaks first, now in a much softer voice.

"To answer your question, Olivia was fussing a lot and car rides always calm her down. I needed to get her to sleep and I didn't see the point in going home immediately so I thought I'd check out the models at mum's shoot. Girls can't resist a cute baby," he tells me, smirking at the end.

I roll my eyes at him. "Of course you'd say that, all you Kings are the same."

He pulls Olivia close to his chest as he can't put his hand there. "You wound me, Ari, you really do," he gasps.

I, again, roll my eyes but this time a small smile plays on my lips. "Whatever. And to answer your question your mum asked me to fill in for one of her models who's sick," I tell him.

He does a double take when I say this and almost drops Olivia, the sleeping baby completely oblivious to her dopey father.

"Huh," he starts, "so I guess you're one of the models I'm supposed to be checking out. I'm sorry to say I'm going to have to pass, Ari. It's not that you're not attractive because you definitely are—shit, I'm not legally allowed to say that yet so forget I did—but you're a little on the young side, maybe when you turn eighteen."

I shake my head at him but I can't help the flush that covers my cheeks at his compliment.

I ignore the redness as I reply. "Sorry to say this, Nathan, but you're not my type," I lie to him. He is most definitely my type, I don't have one if I'm being honest but he's undeniably gorgeous. I mean, what girl wouldn't be attracted to him?

He looks slightly taken aback but soon recovers and scoffs. "Please, we both know you're lying, I'm everyone's type, no doubt about it," he says with a confirming nod. This guy is a dad ladies and gentlemen.

"I guess we've found the exception," I tease him. Even though he's right, he's everyone's type, I'd never give him the satisfaction of knowing that.

He scoffs again but this time it wakes Olivia. "Shit," he curses, a panicked look on his face. Before I can even offer to help, he has walked off in the opposite direction rocking Olivia in his arms whilst singing to her, it's an adorable sight to behold.

I don't get much of a chance to coo at their adorableness before Wyatt walks up to me. "How does it feel to be a model, green eyes?" He asks with a smirk.

I send him a glare. "You know I'm only doing this because your mum needed help, I feel like I'm going to piss myself," I tell him bluntly.

He makes a grossed out face. "Please don't do that."

I give him a dry look. "Of course I'm not going to. I said I feel like it not that I would."

"Whatever," he scoffs. "But on a more serious note, green eyes, you'll be fine. I know you can do this. You might be one of the shyest people I've ever met who hates the spotlight an infinite amount, heck you don't even want us seen at school together because it would draw attention to you, but that's all the more reason to crush this. Prove to yourself that this is something you can achieve. Grow some balls and do this," he concludes.

I nod at him and smile, my throat suddenly dry from nerves. He smiles back, an actual smile not a smirk and that only makes me smile wider. To an outsider, we'd look like two idiots grinning at each other so I'm glad no one can see this.

Click. Fuck I jinxed it. Luckily it's just Nathan and not an actual photographer.

I turn to look at him and glare but before I can demand for the picture to be deleted someone taps me on the shoulder. I turn to them and find the blonde assistant from earlier who was talking to Camilla. "You're up," she says, motioning to a backdrop with a photographer, Camilla and a few other random people beside it.

I gulp nervously and slowly walk over to them, looking back at Wyatt and Nathan who both send me encouraging looks.

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.

"Aurora, there you are! Come on, chop chop," Camilla says brightly when she sees me. "This is Antonio, my head photographer," she tells me, gesturing to the man behind the expensive-looking camera. He had rich dark brown eyes, dark brown hair to match, chiselled features, strong eyebrows and was probably in his early to mid-thirties. All in all, he is a pretty decent looking guy.

He smiles at me, shakes my hand and kisses it lightly before positioning me where he wants me. "Now I want you to look off into the distance whilst being deep in thought," he tells me in a light Spanish accent.

I try to do just that but I already know I must look like an awkward mess. I'm pretty camera shy so I had a feeling this wouldn't work out.

"Um, not like that. Try again sweetheart," Camilla tells me her voice now hesitant. I guess she expected me to be a natural, damn was she so wrong.

Nevertheless, I try again, focusing extra hard on being chilled and relaxed whilst looking to be deep in thought. I don't think I ever gave models enough credit for what they do but from now on I will, this is fucking difficult. I hear Antonio sigh. "Let's take a five-minute break, okay? Try to...um...collect yourself Aurora," he tells me before grabbing a bottle of water and muttering to one of his assistants in rapid Spanish, probably about how much of an amateur and how shit I am. What a great first impression.

Modelling sucks.

Once everyone has walked away I put my head in my hands. Fuck my life.

I feel someone tap my shoulder but I ignore it and continue to wallow in self-pity. After a minute or so the person tries again but I shrug them off, not wanting to face anyone.

"For god's sake, green eyes," the person sighs and I immediately snap my head upwards, recognising the voice instantly. My eyes meet Wyatt's striking blue ones and we just stare at each other for a moment, unblinking.

Wyatt is the one to break off the staring contest by clearing his throat. I snap out of my trance, cheeks slightly flushed from embarrassment. Luckily, Wyatt chooses to ignore this and starts talking. "I'm just going to get straight to the point, green eyes, you did absolutely shit. I don't think I've ever seen worse modelling in my life," he tells me bluntly.

I huff at him. "Thanks for that captain obvious," I say dryly.

"Sarcasm isn't appreciated, green eyes," he tuts and I scoff. He ignores me and carries on. "You're acting too serious. The key to modelling is being relaxed. You're focusing way too much on trying to be calm and it just looks so unnatural. You can't try too hard you just have to do it," he tells me.

"Well, how the fuck do I do that?" I ask incredulously.

"Language," he scolds. "And I don't know. It's just something you do. It should come naturally," he shrugs.

I glare at him. "Well, clearly it doesn't work like that for me."

"You just need to loosen up and it will. Calm down and pretend that you're not at a photo shoot."

I send him a look and he sighs, running his hands through his hair. "God you're so difficult," he pauses, "oh I know."

Suddenly he launches himself at me and begins to tickle me. Oh, fuck no, anything but that.

I start to laugh involuntarily and try to tickle him back to no avail. Within a few minutes we're in a full-on tickle war which, annoyingly, Wyatt is winning.

Out of the blue, I hear a click and I freeze. "Yes! Yes! Yes! That's what I'm looking for!" Someone with a slight Spanish accent cries. Antonio.

"You," he points at Wyatt. "Go get into wardrobe. I want you modelling with her," he points to me now.

Wyatt's about to protest but Camilla sends him a deathly glare, daring him to argue. He huffs in defeat and follows the blonde assistant to the dressing rooms but not before sending me one final look.

Camilla comes up to me and puts her arm around my shoulder. "Now that was fantastic," she gushes. "You and Wyatt looked breathtaking together, this shoot will be amazing. Take a half an hour break, then it's show time," she tells me, sending me a smile then walking off.

I'm modelling with Wyatt.

Why the hell do I not get a say in any of this?!

I've said it once and I'll say it again, modelling sucks.

~*~*~

I hope you liked that chapter and it made you smile :)

Please remember to vote and comment 💜

For once I don't have anything to ramble about so I'll see you next time, byeeeeee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 554 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...
20.5K 514 39
As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save her and that she must save herself. Now; d...
3.6K 5 17
Brianna Dawson, the smart one. All A's but never the social type. She spends her times hiding from others. Ryan Jonathan, the bad boy of the school...
256 8 8
"What makes you laugh ? Do you think I won't dare to do it ?" I immediately stopped. Was she joking ? It had to be a joke...right ? There's no chanc...