The Boy: Brandon Dursely

By KidOfTheAshes

Brandon Dursely was raised knowing who he was and who he will be - but not quite. His adoptive parents had ju... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 1: Bran
Chapter 2: The Letter
Chapter 3: The Truth of Harry Potter
Chapter 4: Diagon Alley
Chapter 5: Diagon Alley 2
Chapter 6: Hogwarts Express
Chapter 7: The Sorting Ceremony
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 9: Slytherin
Chapter 10 - First Day
Chapter 11: Detention
Chapter 12: Flying
Chapter 13: Training... or not?
Chapter 14: Exploration
Chapter 15: Quidditch
Chapter 16: A Turn Of Events
Chapter 17: Revelation
Chapter 18: Hols
Chapter 19: Snow!
Chapter 20: What Transpired?
Chapter 21: As You Sleep
Chapter 22: Almost Christmas
Chapter 23: Almost Christmas - The 2nd Part
Chapter 24: The Night Before Christmas
Chapter 25: Yule
Chapter 26: The First Ride
A Special Chapter: Harry's letter
Chapter 27: Beyond Everything
Chapter 28: Resuming of Term and the Stone
Chapter 29: The Restricted Section and the Philosopher's Stone
Chapter 30: Boil, Boil, Boil!
Chapter 31: BOOM!
Chapter 32: St. Therese of the Child Jesus Orphanage.
Chapter 33: The Missing Link
Chapter 34: To Find
Chapter 35: Mister Snape's Adventure
Chapter 37: Back to Hogwarts
Chapter 38: 'Please Don't Leave'
Chapter 39: Crushes & Quidditch Seekers
Chapter 40: Fathering Business
Of Ends and Starts
PART 2 COMES UP IN A JIFYYYYYYYYYYY!
3 chapters!

Chapter 36: Brandon Hadrian Snape

2.8K 126 11
By KidOfTheAshes

The next day, Harry had recovered enough strength to stand up and take himself to the loo, but not enough to digest solid food, or else his stomach would revolt against the sudden and very unwelcomed intrusion on his still sensitive body. Severus continued to keep vigil, and Harry had taken advantage of the situation to invite himself into the fold of his Papa's arms and find himself sleeping throughout the day with Snape by his side. He obediently downed each potion and submitted himself to being smothered as he lay on his stomach while his Papa applied salve and Murtlap Essence on his bruises and still healing cuts.

On the second day, however, Harry was dismayed to be visited by none other than the esteemed Headmaster Albus Dumbledore and Deputy Headmistress Minerva McGonagall.

Harry just had his usual afternoon snack of apple and was propped up on pillows, one of his ornament books opened at his lap. He was trying to memorise the Latin incantation needed for making a moving ornament, and was having quite a peaceful day of well-deserved rest.

"Ah, our brave young wizard!" The Headmaster swept inside Harry's room, his Papa following close behind. Harry looked up from his book and mustered all his self-control not to be rude enough to drive their 'visitors' away, "How are you, Bran?"

Harry glared at the old wizard, not even flinching or backing down when his father sent him a reprimanding look, "It's Harry, sir," Harry said, raising his chin defiantly. No way would he ever allow Dumbledore to have his way again, "After all, I am not to be a Potter anymore. Or even a Dursely."

At this, Albus Dumbledore's blue eyes darted to Snape, and Severus met the gaze with feigned stoicism, "And? When will you tell me of this development, Severus?"

"I know by some point that I would have to tell you, Headmaster," Severus answered, determination evident, "but I had to take care of matters of more importance. Surely, you won't deny me of this?"

Albus, to both father and son's surprise, only shrugged, and leaned in on Harry's bed to offer him a tin of lemon drops.

Harry eyed the tin with suspicion written in his green eyes.

At the look on the young man's eyes, Albus laughed good naturedly, "The Slytherin vigilance. Ah, always a good trait to possess. My, my, Severus, you hold such an influence over young Mister... Harry here," at least this time, Harry relaxed a bit as Albus Dumbledore seem to have recognised and honoured his preference, "and may I congratulate you for it?"

"Albus?!" It was the Gryffindor Head of House, clearly aghast, "does this mean-"

This was what Harry hated about Gryffindors; they were always slow to pick up on things. Thick mules to the core.

"I believe Harry has earned the right to make choices for himself, Minerva. I believe we should get going now. Severus," his Papa tilted his head and nodded, "we shall show ourselves to the Floo. Thank you for the tea, and for allowing us to visit you and the young man," Dumbledore gestured towards Harry, "Harry, my boy, do take good care of yourself."

Before their guests had turned their backs, however, Harry voiced out the question he had since that fateful day, "Sir, may I ask what had happened to Voldemort?"

At the sudden question, Harry saw his Papa flinch, perhaps out of fear or recognition, but the sudden snap of the adults' attention towards Harry was something that made him feel like he was so small all of a sudden. The bravado he had a few moments before evaporated into thin air.

Severus cleared his throat, "Harry, child-"

But Albus raised a hand gently, cutting his Papa's admonition. Harry looked down and bit his lower lip, his feet fidgeting under the duvet.

"Well, Harry, my boy, I will be truthful with you: we do not know, yet," Albus Dumbledore's voice did not quiver at all, despite the tention that hung in the air.

"I saw him, Sir," Harry found himself admitting, "He even spoke to me."

At that, Albus whirled and positioned himself at the side of Harry's bed, "May I sit for a while, Harry?"

Harry nodded in consent.

"The Dark Lord spoke to you, you say?"

Harry nodded again.

"The Dark Lord had killed-"

"-James and Lily, and gave me my infamous scar. Yes, sir, I know. I also know that it was him who killed my family," Harry supplied. Perhaps Albus Dumbledore did not know that, for the Headmaster's blue eyes flashed.

"Well, I believe we shall discuss that as soon as you are well. I think we have our own questions, and hopefully, answers," Dumbledore assures.

Harry bit his inner cheek, opting to keep his comments to himself. He nodded in understanding and said, "Yes, sir. Thank you, sir. I shall look forward to going back angld getting well, then. I assume I must be keeping you from your affairs in school."

Albus only gave Harry a small smile. His Papa gave him a terse look and as soon as they heard the familiar whoosh of the Floo System, Snape sat on Harry's bed

He put a gentle, warm hand under Harry's chin and guided Harry's face to be of same level to him. As soon as they were eye to eye, Snape asked, "The Dark Lord spoke to you? Harry, why did you not tell me this sooner?"

Harry could hint the genuine concern and gave his father a reassuring look, "I suppose it did not occur to me, Papa. Not until the Headmaster came, that is. I apologise."

Severus sighed, "I wish you would trust the adults for once, Harry. You are not alone. Not again."

Harry let himself be warmed by his father's words and graced the man a smile, "I will tell you what had happened, Papa. All in good time. Thank you, though. May I now be allowed to go back to school?"

Severus' eyebrow arched, and stood up, "Three more days, Harry. Three more days, and then you can go saunter off to Miss Granger for all I care."

At the remark, Harry flushed beet red, and abashed, muttered quietly, "It is not only her that I miss, Papa. I also miss my other friends."

Severus smirked, "So you do miss her."

Harry frowned in irritation, "I did not say that!"

To Harry's chagrin, his father only smirked wider and exited the room with flair, then returning with a tray of his potions. Severus gave him a look when Harry tried to make a move to object, "I cannot have my son be a lilylivered boy when faced with nothing more than a bottle of potions," was all Snape said, which earned him victory.

"I am not 'lilylivered', O Great and Wonderful Father," Harry countered, trying to find his way out, "I am merely reacting as the way a normal boy would."

Severus only gave off a very un-Snapelike chortle, which made Harry frown even more.

"Rebuttals wont get you anywhere, Harry. Just drink them; they are for your well-being."

Severus watched his son as Harry uncorked the potions one by one, downing then without breathing. Sometimes, Snape observed, Harry has a too advanced mindset for his age; at other times, he reminded Snape of every eleven year old there is, including Snape's eleven year old self: curious, adventurous, reckless.

But Harry, for Severus, was his son in all but blood. While the boy was his ward for only a year or so now, it was undeniable that Snape loved him like a father would.

"I swear," Harry grimaced as the final potion made its way through his throat, snapping Snape out of his reverie, "when I am going to become a Master, I will make Potions very likeable to everyone's palatte."

Severus had no doubt that Harry can very well do that and more, but then again, he would not be the over-doting father who would spoil his only child, "Oh sure, you can do that. But that is for so many years away. For now, though, you can very well cherish the taste of my potions. You'll miss it when it's not there anymore."

Harry only eyed his Father with a challenging look in his young, verdant eyes as Snape summoned Jar and asked the elf to gather the bottles.

"Aye, aye, Master Snape and Young Master Snape!" Jar popped and with a wink towards Harry, disappeared.

With the statement, Harry beamed, pleased with the recognition. Snape brought a hand to ruffle Harry's hair. Harry looked up through the messy fringe of his raven locks, "He called me a Snape!" Harry happily announced.

"And so I heard. Pleased?" Severus asked.

"Very, Sir. Very. Thank you, Papa," Harry answered with a quiet voice.

----

The moment Snape allowed him out of bed, Harry was even happier. It was his fifth night home, while Snape had returned to teaching days before. Harry was entrusted to Jar, although he was being checked consistently every three to four hours by Snape and was given permission to roam around in the house. Harry happily enjoyed his solitude- with the exception of Jar's welcomed company- and utilised the time by learning about his missed lessons. This was made possible by none other than Hermione Granger, who had gone out of the Infirmary sooner rather than later, all thanks to Harry's Magic, and made the effort, together with their friends, to keep Harry up to date with notes.

Tonight was the last night of Harry's 'cooping up days', as Draco Malfoy had put it in one of his letters, and Harry was both excited and a bit hesitant to go back. He had enjoyed the rest, but he was glad to be finally back on track with school, especially with the thought of seeing and being with Hermione and their friends again.

"I believe you can go back to school tomorrow afternoon, Harry. Just right in time for our papers to be finished," Severus mentioned out of the blue as they were having dinner.

To this, Harry looked up, "Papers, Papa?"

Severus gave him a soft, loving look, "Adoption papers. I am intent on making you my son."

Harry had to give himself a few seconds before he fully understood what his Papa had just said. Without any more thought, Harry abandoned his plate and jumped on his father's lap, giving Severus a tight, tight hug. Snape reciprocated the act and held Harry, carding the boy's hair and kissing the crown of his head. The boy must have been overjoyed and overwhelmed that Harry started to tear up quietly, burying himself on the crook of his Papa's neck- the very place where he felt the happiest and safest.

🌈🌈🌈🌈🌈

"Brandon Hadrian Snape. Quite a nice ring to it, huh?"

The Ministry Official's question made Snape irritated. Why must these fools continue to serve their positions, when all they ever do was run around the place like dancing, prancing bunch of gazelles? It took all the ounce of restraint for Severus not to shout or sneer at the man. If not for the fact that Harry was there, he might not have taken all the patience to get on with the thorough process.

Nobody questioned Snape when he asked for a child to bear his name. Perhaps, it was because this child was not Harry Potter, but a mere Muggleborn who was ignorant of the world and the fact that Snape was a Death Eater. Imagine the riot, though, Snape mused, if they were to learn who my son really is.

The lightning shaped bolt was covered by one of Albus' many Charms innovations, and the fidelity cause attached to Lily and James Potter's Last Will and Testament assured the safety of Harry Potter, now Brandon Hadrian Snape.

"There you are, Mister Snape!"

Finally. Finally! Snape could almost kiss the ground of the Ministry Office of Wizarding Social Services when the adoption papers were solidified and Harry's name appeared as the heir to the Prince line next to his.

Snape was thankful once more for Albus' intervention and the influence the old man held in the Ministry. Despite the Old Headmaster's insanity, Albus Dumbledore was a powerful political figure in Wizarding Britain, and his testament to Snape and Harry's nature of relationshipn was all that was needed to push the adoption process to completion.

"Harry," Snape called towards his son, who was wearing black wizarding robes, "it's done."

The boy- the Slytherin Harry was- only gave him a wide smile, and Snape enclosed him in a short but meaningful embrace.

It was done. Harry was his. He had a son, and Snape was willing to do anything to make Harry stay that way.

When Harry looked up at him with such elation, Snape could almost see Lily Evans' smile, the pride and her forgiveness making her radiant face glow.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

432 4 9
Jason Dursley had been living a fine life with his adoptive parents until his accidental magic made his mother remember her own sister whom she could...
178K 3.8K 26
Demetria Lauren Evans Snape, had found out she was a wizard at the age of 10, she knew she'd been adopted her whole life, but finding out she's a Wiz...
27.2K 578 22
Y/n's life has been built around a secret. At the age of 6, Dumbledore adopted y/n. Vowing to always protect her, he makes her hide what house she tr...
213K 6.2K 42
Severus Snape finds himself alive after the war, saved by none other than the insufferable know-it-all. But did he even want to be saved? Hermione on...