Arranged || Dino ff

由 strawberry_moondust

Chan and Jia Mei got engaged for the sake of business. Simple as that. However, as they slowly as they got to... 更多

introduction
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
Extras

twenty

3.1K 123 22
由 strawberry_moondust

The following morning.

Jia Mei

Ah, my head. What time is it?

A lot of things happened yesterday, a little too much for an engagement party. All I remember is slow dancing with Chan and drinking until he had to drive me home.

Looking around my room, I see that the time on my phone says 2:54pm. Looking a little more past my phone, I see a glass of water and painkillers on my bedside table with a note:

Get lots of rest today, Mei. You drank a lot last night -Chan

I smiled at his caring and consideration for me, but then my stomach sunk in realization. My drunk behaviour can be very... unprofessional and embarrassing.

I hope I didn't say or do anything to make him uncomfortable.

Stretching, I yawn as I get up from my bed and leave my room to go to the kitchen. While brewing some oolong tea, I hear a loud thud coming from Chaewon's room. Curious, I get up from my spot at the kitchen table and knock on her door gently.

"Chae?" I say in a soft tone "Chae are you ok?"

I suddenly heard some scrambling and her whispering to someone before answering me "Y-Yeah! I just tripped!"

"Are you sure you're ok? It sounded like you fell pretty hard."

"Of course! I'm fine, I really am!"

I then started to become suspicious "Ok then... Is it alright if I come in, then? I brewed you some tea."

There was a pause before she responded "Sure, Mei! I-I could really use some tea."

"Ok!" I fake a joyous tone as I go get a tray and place her empty mug, the teapot, along with the sugar bowl and creamer and back to Chaewon's door, feigning innocence as my worries began to being evident to coming true as I spoke "Could you open the door? My hands are a bit occupied!"

I didn't hear anything from her until the door opened a few seconds later and I allowed myself in. Her blinds were open, her sheets were a mess, and it was all seemingly calm, but that didn't stop me from being suspicious as I laid the tray down on her bedside table and sat on her bed.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her "I noticed you and Soonyoung had a lot to drink last night."

She blushed "O-oh, yeah. I guess we did. I'm feeling quite sluggish today, though."

"I see, anything happen yesterday? I didn't really see you come home."

All she did was gulp and shake her head "N-Nope! We just got a ride from one of the other guys and then he went home with them!"

"Is that so?" I arch an eyebrow "Then why are his shoes and coat still at the door?"

Chaewon's face suddenly went pale as she was sweating bullets, looking like her soul had just disappeared and her body became an empty husk. I then look around the room before saying aloud "Soonyoung, you can reveal yourself now."

After a moment of silence, I hear him sigh and he just unveils himself from under the sheets behind her, shirtless and ashamed. I then rolled my eyes at both of them "No matter how hard you try, you can never fool me Chae."

They both remained silent and avoided my eyes, not wanting to look at me while in a state of both hungover and disappointment. Tired of the silence, I took a deep breath and rationalized the situation, speaking more carefully and not letting my rage get the best of me "But I shouldn't be policing you nor Chaewon's lives at all."

Chaewon and Soonyoung remained silent, so I took it as my cue to continue talking "Soonyoung, you understand that I'm very protective of my sister, correct?"

Soonyoung nods.

"I just want the best for her, and to make sure that she's safe with someone who cherishes her. However... Chae is 22, meanwhile you're 27. Although the age gap has not only myself, but our parents suspicious as well- As long as you two truly love each other, that's all that matters to me. Just keep it safe and if anything major happens, please don't hide it, ok?"

They both agree as I nod and turn to leave the room, closing the door behind me and heading to my room to take a shower, also trying to erase the thought from my head. Getting out ten minutes later, I dried my hair with my towel while walking around my room and stared outside the window.

I then pondered about what to do today, Chan coming to mind along with the thought of spending time with him. I smiled as I looked over to my phone, contemplating whether to call him or not today. Five minutes of back and forth debating with myself later, I pick up my phone and dial his number.

The phone rings for a bit before I hear him answer in a deep and sleepy morning voice "Hello?"

I felt my shoulders tense and a pang in my chest at the sound of his voice.

His voice sounds so... deep.

God, he sounds so hot.

"Mei?" I hear him on the other line, realizing I hadn't said anything yet.

"Oh! Sorry, I spaced out for a second." I laugh it off and continue to speak "I called to check up on you. You feeling ok after last night?"

He hummed "Yeah, just really groggy. That party was quite wild last night. I should be asking if you're ok."

"I'm fine," I tell him "Especially after you saved me from Mr. Giovanni yesterday. I told my father what happened, and he agreed for us to cut ties with them. So you won't be seeing him again at any upcoming events."

He lets out a sigh "That's a relief. You looked so scared after it happened, you almost drank yourself half to death."

Uh oh. That can't be good.

I let out a nervous laugh "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry for whatever I've done last night. My drunk personality is quite... a handful. I didn't do or say anything to make you uncomfortable, did I?"

"No, not at all." He says "As much as I won't deny you drunk is hard to take care of, I wasn't offended at all."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Though it was quite funny hearing you talk in that state, it's as if I was talking to a child rather than you- no offense."

"None taken, but please don't tell me what I said."

"I won't, I promise." There was an awkward pause before he asked "So was there another reason you called?"

Taking a deep breath, I place a hand over my chest and ask him "Yeah, actually. I've been wanting to go out and try Japanese cheesecake at this popular place, and was wondering if you're free today or tomorrow to accompany me."

He sounded surprised on the other line and hesitated for a second "O-oh! Uh... let me check my schedule first. Hold on..." I hear him move around for a moment before he then responds "I think I'm busy today, but I'm free tomorrow afternoon, is that ok?"

"I'm available from 3pm onwards, so yeah."

"Then I'll be around your office at about 4pm, is that good?."

I then check my agenda again, making sure I don't accidentally miss any meetings I may have forgotten about before humming "That's a perfect time for me. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon?"

"Of course, bye Mei Mei~" We then both hang up and I began cheering for myself, glad that I was able to ask him out. Chaewon then poked her head into my room as she was walking by "You're suddenly in a good mood."

I nod "Is Soonyoung gone?"

"Yeah, he just left." She then fully enters my room and sits on my bed, resting her head on my shoulder "Mei... I'm sorry about what I did, we were both under the influence and irresponsible."

I then pat her back and shush her "It's ok, Chae. I told you: I'm not policing you about your decisions. As long as you two talk it out, be safe, and make wiser choices than this, I'll approve. Just come to mom, dad, or myself when needed, ok?"

She nods as we share a hug and I get up to get myself ready.

"Going anywhere this week?" She asks as I nod, replying "Yeah. Chan and I are going to get cheesecake tomorrow afternoon. Wanna come with? You can bring Soonyoung with you."

Chae shakes her head 'no' "It's fine, I don't want to interrupt your date. But can you bring me back some cheesecake?"

I chuckled "For sure. Take care of yourself, ok?"

She flashes a childish smile before leaving my room, I then flop back first onto my bed and stare at the ceiling. I was all giddy and excited for my date with Chan tomorrow, I'm not even sure what to wear.

I haven't felt this happy since I was dating Longwei. But in comparison, something about this feels more right.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

3K 67 51
Single with a very boring life, a librarian at Yonsei University, grew up from the mountainous region from the south, bravely entered uni alone, grad...
28.7K 1.1K 32
A story about 13 boys who were meant to meet and save each other. There will be romance. Be prepared. This is only a fanfic and has nothing to do w...
68K 2.5K 23
{{Based from the Hoshi Chatbot (@naegahossshhhi) on Messenger which I created.}} Highest ranking: 💎#26 in Short Story 💎#80 seventeen tag 💎#8 dk ta...
87.8K 4.1K 67
Y/N gets tangled up in Seventeen's lives of illegal racing, while also dealing with her own, not-so-legal past. She is forced to face the most painfu...