A Kdrama Nightmare || Complet...

By WendilynnKerezman

A Dream turned Nightmare. A Celebrity and his stalker make a vacation to South Korea anything but boring. A... More

Author Message
Kdrama Nightmare Part 1
Kdrama Nightmare Part 2
Kdrama Nightmare Part 4
Kdrama Nightmare Part 5
Kdrama Nightmare Part 6
Kdrama Nightmare Part 7
Kdrama Nightmare Part 8
Kdrama Nightmare Part 9
Kdrama Nightmare Part 10
Kdrama Nightmare Part 11
Kdrama Nightmare part 12
Kdrama Nightmare part 13
Kdrama Nightmare Part 14
Kdrama Nightmare Part 15
Kdrama Nightmare Part 16
Kdrama Nightmare Part 17
Kdrama Nightmare Part 18
Kdrama Nightmare Part 19
Kdrama Nightmare Part 20
Kdrama Nightmare Part 21
Kdrama Nightmare Part 22
Kdrama Nightmare Part 23
Kdrama Nightmare Part 24 Final Chapter

Kdrama Nightmare Part 3

647 28 25
By WendilynnKerezman

Min Woo and Jae Wook heard her muttered expression through the door. They smiled at each other until they then heard the quiet sound of someone crying. Jae Wook motioned to Min Woo to follow him down the hall.

"She's going to have a hard time." Min Woo said.

"Most likely." Jae Wook agreed.

"That stunt by Jae Min was out of line. Should we say something?" Min Woo asked.

"I think Jung Min won't let her sister get away with it. That sort of prank can hurt both of them. I think a call will keep it from being aired. Jae Min shouldn't be rewarded." Jae Wook wasn't the arrogant type, but his current popularity did come in handy.

At that moment, the sisters were upstairs in their room. Jung Min was furious with her sister.

"Do you have any idea how much you could have hurt our reputation with that sort of stunt?" Jung Min said furiously.

"Oh, stop. So people will know we like sexy clothing. That will fit with the sexy style that is our current concept. We didn't learn how to pole dance for nothing." Jae Min was unrepentant. From her standpoint, except for the bra size comparison, everything went perfectly. Now, if she can only make sure that it airs and is edited to show them to best advantage. A call to her agency should help with that.

"Oh no, you don't. You are not going to cause a scandal with that woman so you can cause a sensation to boost our sales." Jung Min said. Jung Min enjoyed being a performer, but the constant need to sensationalize things was wearing thin.

"She's leaving in 3 months. She can help us all out since she's not staying. It's not like anyone in the states will care." Jae Min really couldn't see what the big deal was.

"She's a cancer survivor, you little moron. I don't want to be the girl group who bullied a cancer survivor. Yeah, that will really help our sales." Jung Min was appalled at her sister. "You pull a stunt like this again, and I'll make sure our agency pulls us off Running Man."

"You wouldn't?" Jae Min was shocked. She couldn't believe her sister would threaten her over a harmless prank. " We've been waiting six months to get on that show, no way are you taking that from us."

"Then you better behave, or so help me, you won't like what I do." Jung Min was dead serious.

Jae Min looked at her twin in shock. There were two minutes between their births, but Jung Min was too serious and lacked any sense of adventure from Jae Min's perspective.

Jung Min walked past her sister, grabbed her shower bag and headed to the bathroom to shower. She wished she could beat some sense into her sister. There may only be two minutes between their ages, but sometimes, it felt like years. Her sister was often impulsive and thoughtless, but this took the cake.

In the living room Takashi, Mack, So Hee and Yoon Woo were discussing the newest member of the household. All of them were surprised that a non-celebrity was their new roommate.

"When I talked to my agent about acting as translator tonight, they said she was a friend of the homeowner. Her trip to come here had been planned before the show had asked to use the house and it was a condition of using the house." So Hee informed them.

"So she really didn't know we'd be here?" Takashi was skeptical. He was here to build up audience recognition before his Korean album debut. While he was popular in Japan, he was just getting into the Korean market. He found it a stretch that she wasn't also looking to build exposure. Normal people did not just find themselves on a reality show.

"So my agent said."

"I think this could be a lot of fun. She said she was a fan of kpop and the dramas. It will be fun hanging out with an international fan. Hey, has anyone looked her up on social media yet? What does she do?" Mack asked.

People grabbed their phones and started searching for her.

"Found her on Facebook." So Hee said.

'She's got a Twitter and Instagram account" Yoon Woo said.

"Damn, these surgery pictures are no joke," Mack said looking at her Instagram account. "They also opened up her neck as well as her arm."

"I didn't notice a neck scar when she was next to me." So Hee said also looking at the pictures.

Takashi started to laugh. He had moved past the surgery picture to all her Asian actor pictures. Looking at a picture of himself on her page, he said, "I have a fan."

This got everyone's attention and they scrolled past to see which actors were on her page. The number of Song Jae Wook pictures did not go unnoticed.

"Someone has a crush," Mack said.

"Who has a crush?" Min Woo said as he and Jae Wook joined them in the living room.

"Our newest roommate is a fan." Mack showed Shay's Instagram page to the two men.

Jae Wook looked over the pictures Shay had shared. He smiled and handed the phone back to Mack. "It should be fun sharing our home with a fan of our work. We should probably help her have a good time then".

"Do you think she didn't know about us?" Takashi wanted to know.

"If she knew, then she's a better actress than all of us." Jae Wook said.

Min Woo agreed. "She was embarrassed by the joke Jae Min played. If she had come into this house with ulterior motives, I think she would have handled it better. As it was, once that door closed, Jae Wook and I could hear her crying. She didn't plan this."

That gave everyone something to think about.

"Well, no matter what the deal is, we still have to make the best of it," Mack said. His optimism infected the others and they soon moved onto other topics of conversation.

Min Woo was still thinking of the hurt girl back in the bedroom. Sitting with her on the bed, he noticed that she had worn a sweet perfume that reminded him of mangos. He would have expected something bolder from an American, but that light scent told him she wasn't the brash sort he had expected.

Song Jae Wook had called and Ms. Park had reassured him that they would not let Jae Min's prank cause a problem. He listened to the kids go on for awhile and then he got up and went to his room. He pulled up Shay's Instagram to see the pictures she had posted. He was struck by how big her blue eyes were. He smiled. Things would sure be interesting with her here.

Shay's tears were spent and she got up from sitting against the door. She pulled her phone out of her purse and plugged in her earbuds. Putting them in, she turned on her favorite playlist and let the kpop sooth her. Tucking the phone into her pocket she went about making an inventory of her things to make sure all were still there. Thankfully, she left her kpop/kdrama memorabilia at home. How embarrassing would that have been? She had a few things in her suitcase she brought with her in case she ever got a chance to get anything signed but had considered that chance low. Now that she was living with Korean stars, she could probably get a signature or two. 

For a moment Shay allowed herself to silently fangirl scream to herself. She was living in the same house as Song Jae Wook!! The man had invaded her dreams ever since he pulled off his shirt and jumped into a pool to save the girl. How was she supposed to stay composed with him walking around? How did Eun Ji pull this off?

The questions kept running through her head as she checked the drawers and closets and confirmed that everything was okay now. Whatever Jae Min's stunt had been, at least she hadn't destroyed her clothes doing it. Shay had no doubt that Jae Min was behind the prank. But to what end? And were there more pranks in store?

Shay looked out her window to notice that the house sat on a hill. She could see Seoul stretched out in front of her. The sun was reaching the horizon. The next song started and Shay recognized the theme song from To The Beautiful You. Shay closed her eyes as Jmin's voice cheered her on and told her to not be afraid. Shay took a deep cleansing breath, letting the song's positive message fill her as she watched the sunset before her. She could do this. She had fought cancer and she could tackle whatever this would bring her. Whatever happened, she had people watching out for her and she would be okay. Shay remembered the feel of Min Woo's hands on her shoulders. He was a calm steady presence at that moment. She was grateful for his support in a moment when her emotional equilibrium was crashing around her. His hands were warm and his body had been close to her when they sat on the bed. Shay blushed as her body reacted to that memory. That's all she needed, hormones kicking in with all the eye candy in the house.

Shay went and took a shower, changed into pajamas and got into bed. She was hungry but felt too intimidated to leave the room yet and go find something to eat. That could wait until morning. Shay snuggled into her comforter, turned the lights off and went to sleep.

Shay's eyes popped open and it was still dark. The clock read 2 am and Shay quickly calculated the 16hr time difference. It was early evening back home. A grumble told Shay that her body needed food. Thinking that everyone must be asleep and it would be safe to venture out into the rest of the house, Shay got out of bed and put on her robe and slippers. Shay opened her bedroom door and walked down the dark hallway. The hallway opened into the kitchen which then led into the rest of the house. If Shay wanted, she could avoid the whole rest of the household. That was some consolation for dumping her into a tv show that was recording her every move.

Shay gasped and looked up at the cameras in the ceiling and quickly looked down at her pajamas. Shay was not expecting to live with anyone and so had not packed anything fancy or even trendy to lounge around the house in. The faded blue shirt and grey sweats that made up her pajamas were at least not full of holes like her last pair. Shay gave a resigned sigh and flipped the switch to the kitchen.

Shay noticed right away that this was not like the typical kitchens she'd seen in her dramas. This kitchen had an oven to start with. Eun Ji had told her she'd have a modern kitchen to work with, but Shay hadn't been too sure what that meant. Trying not to make too much noise, Shay checked out all the cupboards to see what she had to work with. She also checked out the fridge and saw a container with day old rice in it. She found the eggs and pulled it out with the rice, veggies and some leftover meat.

Shay didn't know a whole lot about Korean cooking, but 4 years of a Korean college roommate had taught her a few things. Like how to make Omurice. She got busy slicing veggies while the oil heated up in the frying pan. Shay fried up the rice, veggies, and meat and set them aside.

Shay then beat the eggs and poured them into the frying pan to make the omelet.

'Can you make two?" a soft voice said in Korean.

Shay jumped around and gasped. 

Song Jae Wook smiled and had his fingers to his lips to keep her from getting loud. 

Shay started laughing quietly at getting startled. 

Jae Wook smiled bigger as he watched this new girl laugh instead of getting angry at him for startling her. 

Shay smiled at him and answered in Korean, 'Sure, I'll make two."

Jae Wook was surprised to hear her speak some Korean back to him. He'd been observing her for some time before saying anything. He liked that she had a fuller figure than what he was used to. Shay had been busy looking into the cupboards and so hadn't noticed him observing her. He watched her stretch her back as she checked out the taller shelves and he liked the sway of her hair across her back. Her hair was a dark blond that swayed in waves. Even though she'd clearly been sleeping on it, it looked soft to the touch. She moved gracefully in her robe and pajamas and Jae Wook had enjoyed the picture she made. He had to join her.

Shay had been startled into laughter when Jae Wook spoke, but she tried to hide her nervousness in making them some food.

(OH MY GOSH I'M COOKING FOR JAE WOOK!!!)

Shay was trying her best to keep her fangirling inside her own head. The first omelet was done and she rolled it around the fried rice and onto a plate and handed it to Jae Wook. She then beat some more eggs to make a second one for herself. Jae Wook went and got some ketchup from the fridge as Shay hadn't used any. Shay finished cooking hers and slid it onto a plate and turned off the heat. She took her plate and sat down across from Jae Wook.

"You speak Korean?" Jae Wook asked.

"Only a little bit. I will need lots of help" Shay replied back in Korean. "Did I wake you?"

"No, leaving for work soon. " Jae Wook said as he ate.

"Ah, that's right, you are in a new drama," Shay said to herself in English.

Jae Wook smiled at her and continued eating. Shay was glad for the language barrier for once. It meant that she didn't have to try keeping the conversation going and so she didn't have to be embarrassed that they weren't talking. She didn't think she would be able to keep her composure if she kept talking to him. As it was, she was freaking out on the inside that he was eating her food and seeming to enjoy it. As he ate, Shay found herself staring. His hair was all tousled, his lips were red and his eyes were just a tad puffy from recent sleep. He looked very kissable and Shay had to talk sternly to her inner fangirl to not actually act on the fantasies running through her head.

Jae Wook was aware of her staring. When he would look up at her, her eyes would quickly pivot away. Jae Wook smiled to himself as he ate. He guessed it was to be expected that she would be a fan first in this new situation. At least her cooking wasn't bad. But he needed to get to work and as much fun as it was letting her undress him with her eyes, he had a full schedule.

He finished his food and put his plate in the sink. "Thank you," He said simply and left the kitchen. 

Shay could hear him gather his things and leave by the front door. Shay let out a long breath and let the stress leave her body. She got to cook for Song Jae Wook! Eun Ji wouldn't believe this. Or maybe she would. She set up this crazy situation Shay now found herself in. Shay cleaned up her cooking mess and contemplated what to do next. It was going to take a few days to adjust to the new time zone and right now, Shay was wide awake.

Shay walked into the living room and now took in her surroundings. The living room was open with a wall of glass showing the open backyard garden. On the one side of the living room was the dining room and kitchen and the hallway that led to her room and on the opposite side were doors opening to an exercise room and what looked like a small dance studio. The exercise room had treadmills, a step machine, and an all-purpose weight machine. That would come in handy with this crowd. The stairs to the second floor were along one side of the living room wall and that led to another open living area that held a large entertainment center. There was a PS4, and XBox and what looked like a karaoke machine. There was also glass along the side that faced the back garden. There were two hallways leading from this center room where Shay assumed the bedrooms were. One hallway led to a double door while the second longer hallway had several doors along it.

Shay didn't want to wake anyone so she went back downstairs. She went back to her room and changed into some clothes she could sweat in and grabbed her music player. She checked the treadmill to make sure it was quiet and set it at a walking pace. Selecting her favorite playlist, Shay put in her earbuds and got onto the machine and walked. She was mindful that everyone else was sleeping so she didn't sing along like she normally did. Then she remembered she didn't want anyone knowing she sang anyway and realized that would really cramp her style. She would have to make sure that when the house was clear of anyone else, she could let loose.

Shay got a nice hour long walk and then went back to her room. She took a shower, got dressed and opened up her laptop. Shay spent some time updating her facebook letting her family know she was safe but made no mention of her current situation. She had moved back home when she got sick but had not moved out again. Shay then spent the next hour making sure her pictures and photos were locked down. When her first episode aired, there would be a rush on her social media and she needed to be ready so that anything they found was what she wanted them to see. She privatized anything that dealt with her choir activities and blogging. She also placed more difficult passwords on her laptop and phones so those would be less vulnerable.

"What a hassle" Shay mumbled once she was done. But, she had agreed to come onto the show at her friend's request and so these things needed to be taken care of.

A message popped up on her phone. It was Dani, Shay's best friend, and fellow kdrama junkie.

"Hey girl, how's your first day in Korea?"

"Un-freaking-believable. I had a crew waiting for me off the plane"

"What do you mean?"

"I can't tell you more. Let's just say that the house has roommates in it and I'm not alone."

"Well, that's good. I was worried you would be lonely in a strange country"

"Yeah, that's not the problem now."

"What's the problem?"

"I can't talk about it yet, you'll find out in two weeks".

"?"

Shay looked at her phone and debated giving her best friend more information. Dani would flip when she found out where Shay was. Dani was a huge fan of 7Stars and she might not forgive Shay for not giving her a heads up that she was living with one of them. Shay would have to find a way to make it up to her friend for the silence, but until the episode airs, she couldn't say anything.

Over the next few hours, texts arrived from her parents and friends and Shay repeated assurances that she was safe and doing fine. That she was so far from fine as it was possible to be was sort of beside the point. She didn't need her friends to worry. Dani continued to send texts to try and get Shay to explain but she ignored them.

Just as jetlag was getting ready to send Shay back to bed, a knock sounded on her door.

"Yes?" Shay called.

A cute head poked in. "how is it going?" So Hee really did look like a pixie and Shay couldn't help but feel amused.

"Do you want honest or nice?" Shay said with some sarcasm.

"Honest." So Hee replied.

"Nerve-wracking. This has been the craziest 24 hours."

"I think everyone feels off balance" So Hee walked into the room and sat down on the bed. Shay turned her chair to face her. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure," Shay said.

"I know it couldn't have been easy for you to come here. So why did you?"

Shay looked at So Hee and thought about how to reply. There were a lot of factors that contributed to this situation. "It wasn't easy. And honestly, if I had known you were all celebrities, I'd have said no. But, I desperately needed this vacation and went to a lot of trouble to be able to come to Korea."

Outside the door, Min Woo stood quietly. He had also come to check up on the newest member of their household. He leaned against the wall and listened.

Shay continued, "I wanted to get away from the stress of recovery and trying to find work and living with my parents who worry about me all the time. And my friend told me she was not going to be using her house for awhile and invited me to come stay in her stead. I thought it would be a good way to regroup so I could start over when I got home." Shay looked down at her hands. "Now I'm worried that I won't have that chance."

Min Woo felt a tug in his heart. This girl was going through a lot and he felt concern for her. He decided that he would look out for this new girl. He had not been able to forget the scent of mangos coming from her skin and his thoughts had been returning to her all night. He silently vowed to make sure she had a good time so she could get the rest she was looking for. He walked quietly back to the kitchen.

So Hee smiled as Shay looked at her hands. "I think this could be a lot of fun for you too." Shay looked up and took comfort from the positive energy So Hee was projecting. "I checked out your social media yesterday and so I know you are a big fan of many of us here. I'm sure you will have a good time."

Shay started to laugh. Yes, she was a big fan of many of her housemates and that was part of her conflict. " Yes, I am a big fan and so I feel a bit torn between the worry and the excitement. My kdrama friends back home are going to flip when they find out where I'm living."

So Hee laughed and quickly held out her hand to Shay, 'Well then, let's not disappoint them." The pixie grabbed Shay's hand and pulled her out of the chair and they left her room to join everyone else for breakfast.

Even though Shay had eaten earlier, she enjoyed hanging out with her new housemates as they ate breakfast. Mack and Yoon Woo were mock sword fighting with their chopsticks. Min Woo and Takashi were talking about his upcoming Korean debut. The twins were discussing their schedule for the day with So Hee. The Korean was going to fast for Shay to keep up with them, but she was catching some of it. She drank her tea while everyone finished up and then everyone helped clean up.

Once breakfast was done, people gathered their stuff together to leave for their various schedules. Yoon Woo had a late call time for his drama and so went to go work out. All three girls left to go practice at their studios. Min Woo had a script reading to go to and Mack was waiting for his ride to come get him.

"Hey, you'll get to meet some of my members this morning," Mack told Shay.

"Oh really?" Shay said excitedly. "I really enjoyed the web drama you all did. That was a lot of fun to watch".

"That was also a little embarrassing, but we had fun." Mack laughed at himself.

At that moment the front door opened and in spilled 3 members of 7Stars. They saw Mack and jumped all over him in an eager good morning. Shay laughed at their antics. That got their attention and they noticed the newest member of the household. Mack made introductions and Shay got some friendly attention all her own. Their rambunctious and unrestrained hellos did a lot to make Shay feel more relaxed about what she'd gotten herself into. Soon though, the boys had to leave and Shay was left with a suddenly quiet house. Feeling a lot better about her living situation, Shay went back to her room to sleep. She hoped it didn't take her too long to get adjusted to the new time zone. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 67 26
He goes to the audition without much expectation because of his apperence which look like a girl that can cause so much trouble to even debut in a gr...
12.2K 695 18
It seems like the number of obsessed fans is increasing day by day. Now, many of them are 50% obsessed fans and 50% haters. Min Yoongi, a member of B...
1.8K 124 36
A superstar actor & an ordinary girl yet unique in her own quirky ways ? Is there any match between these two with no ways their worlds can get coll...