Blissful Despair ~> Tony Stark

By AlexandraGiovanni

Meet Valentina Montenegro, whose inevitable charm helped pave her road to fame. Being one of this decade's mo... More

Introductions
Complications and Disappointments
Wicked Witch
Confusing Times
Choices
Threats
Taken
California
Love
Broken
Lies and Regrets
Tough Decisions
Absence
December 16th
Pain
A New Year
Dinner with the Montenegros
Bonding
Her
"You won't."
Meet the Boyfriend
"It's always gonna be you."
Uncertainty
Him & I
Sleeping Troubles
The End of Us
Party
Stay
Nothing Left to Lose
Tony
San Diego
Mentally Abused
The Ex's Advice
"Dear whatever the hell this is,"
"For you.."
Late Valentine's Day
Blame
Howard Stark
How It All Began
Compromise
44
Midnight Tears
Dying Out
Hospitals
Edward
One Year Later
The Photoshoot
Note
Epilogue

The Ex-Boyfriend

15.4K 420 225
By AlexandraGiovanni

"Alright I'm coming! Jeez!" I mumbled, tying my hair into a messy bun. Jesus it was 3 o'clock in the morning. Who the hell would be ringing my door bell at this time?

Creaking my door open, my eyebrows shot up in surprise when I was met with those tiny blue eyes.

"Harley?" I'm pretty sure I looked like a mess because I noticed he was trying to hold his laughter.

"Can I come in? It cold outside."

"Oh, of course. Come on in sweetie."

Inviting him in, I quickly rushed down the hall to get the guest room ready, and since he knew his way around the house he followed me a few minutes later.

"Is this okay?" I asked while tucking him in. He nodded slowly stifling a yawn.

"Harley..what are you doing here?" I finally asked and watched as he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well, the tower was too far away, and I was tired."

"I meant..in New York."

He shrugged and his eyes trailed down to his fingers that were playing with the covers.

"I just wanted to see Tony."

Smiling at the young boy, I kissed his forehead bidding him a good night before going into my own bedroom.

****

"Good job, kid." Tony high fived Harley, and I gave them both a menacing glare.

"No! No! Not a good job. You!" I pointed at Harley, who gulped. "Stay away from sharp objects, and don't listen to him." I paused a bit and turned to Tony. "And you! Stop exploding things!"

"Did you two date yet?" I heard Harley whisper to Tony, who nodded slowly. It took him a few seconds before he started jumping in the lab cheering for the both of us.

Tony tried shutting him up twice and when he wouldn't stop, he charged after him, running around, knocking down plenty of stuff in the lab, that Dum-E apparently would have to clean.

As I stared at the both of them, I came to the conclusion that Tony Stark would make an amazing father one day.

****

"Hey, where are you?" Tilting my head to the side, I struggled to hold my phone, while I unlocked the door to my apartment.

"I was taking Harley home." He spoke nonchalantly.

"You're in Tennessee?!" Dropping the shopping bags I was holding in shock, I waited for his response, which was a humorous chuckle.

"Yep."

"You could have told me!"

"You know what, I'll call you back." He spoke quickly, as if he was busy with some other thing.

"No, wai-"

And he hung up. That's just perfect.

****

            <Montenegro Law>

Busying myself with my office work, I tried solving my next case and since Tony is not around there would be no interruptions.

"Miss Montenegro?" Malcolm spoke through the intercom.

"Yes, Malcolm?"

"Mister Walker is here to see you." I could almost imagine the look on his face. He never really liked Seth.

"Let him in."

"Long time no see." Closing the door after he stepped foot in my office, he started studying it suspiciously. What is it with people looking around my office.

"How's Tony?" Narrowing his eyes at the mention of Tony's name, he waited for my response.

"How's Rose?"

"You know I'm not seeing Rose." He tried to convince me, and to be honest I really didn't give a crap.

"Well that's great, I'm seeing Tony though." Smiling at the man I used to love, I watched as his face fell in hurt.

"I thought you were just friends." His tone was laced with anger and jealousy, but he tried to hide it with indifference.

"We were." Shrugging at him, I watched as he became more agitated.

Scoffing, he turned around and paced around the room, stopping once his gaze met the flowers Tony got me last week.

"You don't even like roses." Glaring at me, he pointed to them, and I raised an eyebrow.

"And you would know, why exactly?" I don't exactly understand why he assumed that I didn't like them. He never even bought me flowers. Not once.

"Because I was your boyfriend." He stated as if that was enough.

"You never even bought me flowers!" I yelled, and he gulped nervously before rolling his eyes.

"Flowers are overrated anyway, I expressed my love in other ways." Smiling proudly that he managed to form a pathetic excuse, he raised an eyebrow while taking a seat on the couch.

"Right. By cheating on me." Tilting my head to the side, I glanced at him, observing as his demeanour changed. He was now extremely uncomfortable and nervous.

"Twice."

"Come on, Val. You know I'm sorry for that."

"Don't call me that!" I hissed, rage slowly building up inside me at the mention of Tony's nickname for me on his tongue.

"But it's okay for Tony to call you that?" Sighing, he started pulling on his hair in frustration.

"I'm sorry, Valentina. I'm so sorry. I just want you back. Please, I love you." Surprisingly, I didn't think twice about my answer. Usually when he told me he loved me I would forgive him, but it won't work anymore. Because deep down I know he doesn't. Because deep down...I know I don't.

"Baby, please....."

"Don't call me that! You lost the right to call me that! It's over, Seth. Move the fuck on. Now you can sleep with whoever you want without cheating on anyone." A sarcastic smile made its way on my face, and I watched as he took a deep breath, ready to argue some more.

No one uttered another word when suddenly the door opened, displaying Tony in an expensive Armani suit with his signature smirk on his face. Stealing a glance at Seth, his smirk dropped and he frowned while pursing his lips.

"Isn't this cozy?" Taking a few steps towards me, Tony dropped his sunglasses on my desk and turned to Seth, who had a disapproving look on his face.

"Detective douche," Tony paused, tilting his head to the side in attempt to test Seth, "what a pleasant surprise!"

"Shut it Stark!" Seth snapped and I wondered how long it would take for him to punch Tony.

"Now, where is the fun in that?" Laughing sarcastically, Tony trailed his fingers over my desk, picking up a pen on the way.

"I hate you with every inch of my being." Seth seethed, his hatred for Tony on display.

Pointing the pen at Seth, clearly unfazed with Seth's outburst, Tony chuckled dryly.

"That's not a lot of inches."

And I knew that was it for Seth. He saw red. Charging towards Tony, his face showed raw anger.

Flinching at the punch Tony took, I ran straight towards the both of them in attempt to stop the fight.

"Stop it, Seth!" Just as I was about to pull Seth away, Tony attacked his face with continuous punches and kicks.

"Tony no!" Shouting, eventually I attracted the attention of Malcolm and the security, who came rushing in the room breaking their fight.

"You stay away from her Stark!" Seth ordered, wiping away the blood on his face.

"She's my girlfriend, pal. Kind of hard to do that." Tony shot him a toothy grin, and that was enough to tease Seth yet again.

"Get him out of here." I motioned at Garry, one of my security, and pointed to Seth, whose face was a mixture of anger and hurt.

"He's playing with you, Valentina! And you damn well know it! He's Tony Stark for christ sake! And when he hurts you, I'll be there! I'll be there to tell you I told you so!" Seth kept screaming while being pushed outside by the security.

Once me and Tony were alone, we both kept our eyes on each other, not saying anything. Since I knew he won't be the one to break the silence, I did.

"What the fuck was that?" Refusing to take my eyes off of him, I examined his every action, and currently he was rolling his eyes at me.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise you wanted to spend more time with your ex-boyfriend."

"That is not the point!" Arguing with him seemed useless because he always found a way to win the argument.

"Then what is the point? Oh, right I'm sorry. Did I forget to knock?" He mocked me, and I found that extremely rude. That was not the Tony I knew.

"You're a dick," I paused for a minute, and realised that my words meant nothing to him, "you know what? Give me a call when you've dropped that attitude."

Grabbing my keys quickly, I left my office, making sure to slam the door on my way out in anger and irritation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

990 31 10
Maeve Fedorovna; an ungraduated assassin from the Red Room, an accomplice in attempts to kill Tony Stark, the world's most feared virus in the matrix...
9.6K 414 23
Y/N Stark was living a not so normal life. Sure, she did enjoy living with Avengers but most of the time it's just boring. Ever since she got her pow...
216K 5.6K 56
Y/N Stark. You are the daughter of the famous Tony Stark. Born in 1990, by a twenty year old Tony Stark. You don't know who your mother is...she was...
7.3K 547 60
Bucky Barnes starts to remember his life before he became the Winter Soldier. After the events of Washington, he had wanted to run away and hide. He...