Wicked Witch

"The defendant is found...Not guilty." The woman spoke up and Cole fell to the floor in an instant.

"God bless you, thank you, thank you so much." He muttered a million times and my heart ached for him. I shook his mother's hand and the lawyer's hand and made my way outside before it got too crowded for my liking.

****

     <Valentina's penthouse>

I felt really good about winning the case because I actually knew that he was innocent

"Why are you avoiding me?" Tony's voice echoed through the room as I checked my voice messages.

Throwing my phone onto the nearest couch, I started preparing lasagna when a figure moved.

"Ouch. I must say, you are the only woman who has ever ignored me." He feigned hurt, placing a hand over his arc-reactor.

"Hey, Tony." I mumbled while grabbing ingredients from the fridge.

"How did you get in here?" I asked him, genuinely confused.

He shrugged while taking a bite of his apple.

"Can you...can you leave?" I asked him with the bravest voice I could muster.

He frowned deeply and parted his lips.

"Did I do something?" He asked me in confusion and if I'm not mistaken hurt.

"No... nothing like that, I just..I just genuinely want to be alone." I explained to him, giving him half the truth.

The truth was I couldn't look at him without being hurt or uneasy. Maybe it's the conversation I had with my mother yesterday or maybe it's just the fact that I cannot stand him right now.

"What...where is this coming from, Valentina?" He said throwing the apple in the bin and taking a few steps closer to me.

"Look, I told you...."

"Don't bullshit me, Valentina! Give me a real reason." He shouted and I just stared at my feet to avoid looking into his eyes.

"Valentina?" Seth walked into the room with a few roses in his hands.

"Hey, Seth." I muttered stepping away from Tony and giving him a quick hug.

"Hey, Stark." He smiled at him and Tony winked while smirking which made Seth chuckle.

"Listen baby, I'm sorry I didn't put your feelings first, I should have asked if you were okay with it before I assigned her as my partner, and if it makes you feel any better our relationship is completely professional, and I know that you're probably still mad at me, but I love you and I can't live without you." He smiled at me and I just nodded slowly "I love you, too."