Drarry- It Was All Just a Gam...

By Write_me227

When Draco comes up with an idea to mess with Harry during the Triwizard Tournament, will he be the one who w... More

Before you get started (OG)...
Prologue
Chapter 1- The Idea
Chapter 2- The Plan
Chapter 3- The Encounter
Chapter 4- The Hints
Chapter 5- The Task
Chapter 6- The First Date
Chapter 7- Falling for the Slytherin
Chapter 8- The Yule Ball
Chapter 9- Detention
Chapter 10- The Second Task
Chapter 11- The Real First Date
Chapter 12- Hiding
Chapter 13- Roller Coaster
Chapter 14- The Final Task
Chapter 15- This Isn't Goodbye
Chapter 16- The Rest of the Year
Chapter 17- Missing Him
Chapter 18- Back To Hogwarts
Chapter 19- Dolores Umbridge and the Missed Date
Chapter 20- The Dreams
Chapter 21- Quidditch
Chapter 22- Dreamless Sleep
Chapter 23- Why is it So Hard
Chapter 24- The Bet
Chapter 25- The Unexpected Kiss
Chapter 26- Finding Out
Chapter 27- The One Year Anniversary
Chapter 28- Occlumency
Chapter 29- You or Nothing Else
Chapter 30- Caught
Chapter 31-A Sleepover
Chapter 32- The Library
Chapter 33- To Feel Safe
Chapter 34- Draco's Birthday
Chapter 35- Hiding His Heart
Chapter 36- Liquid Luck
Chapter 37- Coward
Chapter 38- The Misson
Chapter 39- Slipping Away
Chapter 40- Our Last Paradise
Chapter 41- Mad
Chapter 42- The Truth Behind the Sleeve
Chapter 43- Cope
Chapter 44- Hope Shattered
Chapter 45- Death
Chapter 46- The Long and Boring Adventures of 7th Year
Chapter 47- Malfoy Manor
Chapter 48- War
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 50- The Morning After
Chapter 51- A Blooming Idea
Chapter 52- Stolen
Chapter 53- Burn
Chapter 54- The Trial
Chapter 55- The Breakdown
Chapter 56- Backwards
Chapter 57- The Professor
Chapter 58- ...Friends?
Chapter 59- Best Friends, Never Lovers
Chapter 60- And It All Came Crashing Down
Chapter 61- The Hospital Wing
Chapter 62- The Fight
Chapter 63- The Ball
Chapter 64- A Sour Goodbye
AUTHOR'S NOTE (65)
Chapter 65- The Aftermath
Chapter 66- A Rose
Chapter 67- Together at Last
Chapter 68- The Other Party
Chapter 69- Pure Evidence
Chapter 71- The Show
Chapter 72- The Gryffindorks
Chapter 73- Christmas
Chapter 74- A Morning's Disturbance
Chapter 75- The Interview
Chapter 76- Promises
Epilogue

Chapter 70- Detention With the Devil

55.6K 1.7K 12.9K
By Write_me227

"You're sick," Draco shouted, "You're sick, you're disgusting, you're perverted-"

"I didn't do this for my own pleasures, that would be vile and illegal. For your information, I do have a wife-"

"How'd you manage that," Harry asked. Draco couldn't keep from giving a nasty laugh and Pumblechook gave him a deathly glare.

"Right, another snarky comment, another joke, just like you two think my class it, but this is so much more than a little game. Have you two ever wondered why I'm here, and not in a courtroom?"

They both sat there with looks of disgust on their faces, but neither had really thought about that, so they sat there in silence.

"Mr. Malfoy, your case was going to determine whether or not I was fired or promoted, and when an eighteen year old boy comes and ruins my opportunity to be Head Lawyer, I must say I might be a little angry," he stared at them solemnly, "So, since I had lost my job, due to you two insolent little brats, I decided to research further, and looked into a job in which I could examine your behaviors." He started pacing. "You two hated each other. I was baffled. How is it that one minute, I hear you two despise each other during school, then Mr. Potter is defending you at a trial determining your fate, and then turn around two weeks later and absolutely hates you?

"I thought it was just a good deed on Mr. Potter's part, but upon your attitude changing and lack of attendance recently, I realized what was going on and sent someone to... do more research."

"Who," Harry's voice was a knife ready to strike.

"That remains conclusive," the professor smirked. "The point is you two ruined a career I had spent decades building for myself. I was top of the line! I was the best there was."

"There mustn't be that many good lawyers if an 18 year old can take down the best one," Draco balled his hand into a fist.

"Draco, stop," Harry said quieter, grabbing his hand and pulling him to sit next to him. They laced their hands together under the desk and Harry could feel Draco's heartbeat though his pulse; his fingers went numb due to the strength. He knew he was keeping Draco from shaking.

"The hell are you talking about, Harry? This man is disgusting, he's a psychopath."

"I know what he is, but I want to hear what he has to say," he looked Draco deep in the eyes, pulling him closer. "Trust me," he whispered.

The anger in his eyes relaxed a bit, just a bit, and Draco finally said, "Okay, I trust you."

"Ahh, young love... isn't it sick," the cruel man almost laughed.

"What do you want from us," Harry asked, trying to keep his voice low.

"I want you to be aware. I want you two to stop disrespecting me- especially Mr. Malfoy here, or else these," he grabbed the photos and Harry and Draco mentally scolded themselves for not taking them, "will be sent to Rita Skeeter."

"They won't be," Harry assured.

"And," Pumblechook continued, "From you Mr. Potter, I want a letter of recommendation to be signed back onto Wigeamont, saying what a fantastic lawyer I am, and that the charge was a fluke."

"I'll write the letter. But I am not, by any means, saying anything about the case," Harry said after a bit of thought. He knew if he even so mentioned Draco and the end result wrong, they would call the jury back, a new trial, and Harry wouldn't be so fortunate to have Draco even sitting next to him.

"You're just giving up like that," Draco warned, turning wild eyed to the Gryffindor.

"Listen I think we should do what he says," Harry pulled him close and whispered in his ear.

"And just bow down to him? Harry, we should go to McGonagall about this."

"Sshhh. Listen we will talk later about it, okay? Just trust me. He wants us to go so that he can further deny it and we will look like fools. She'll think we've gone mad."

"Well so will every other wizard in the Wizarding World when the Prophet gets a load of this one."

"Yeah but a different kind of mad," Harry looked at the side of his face, still whispering.

"I would appreciate it if you two would stop your little pow-wow and get to your stations, unless of course you would like to attend here next week as well."

"Later, okay," Harry ignored Pumblechook, but got up anyway.

"Wait!" Draco pulled back his hand and pulled Harry back to him. He turned to the Pumblechook with a sneer on his face. "Since we have nothing to hide, I have no shame in doing this." He turned back to Harry and grabbed his cheeks, smashing their lips together and moaning loudly. When they released they looked each other dead in the eye. "I love you."

"I love you, too." He responded, a look of longing in his eyes. Then, Harry walked to the door and before his hand touched the handle, he was called back in.

"Mr. Potter, your wand." Harry growled and rolled his eyes before turning back and walking across the room again. He slapped his wand in Pumblechook's outstretched hand, looking him dead in the eye and squinting a bit. The Gryffindor had to bite his lip, which was still tingling from Draco's touch, to keep from saying a nasty comment. He stormed out of there, slamming the door behind him, only after Draco followed eyes with Harry.

Draco gazed at the handle for a bit after he left, already missing him. "Can't we just catch a break?" He said it more to himself.

"Pardon," Pumblechook questioned, wondering whether or not he was trying to be disrespectful.

"I said," Draco chewed, hate flooding over him as he turned back to the man, "why is it that we can never catch a break. Why is it there are always monsters like you in the way, constantly? I just want to be with him and everything in the world is trying to stop it."

"Maybe that's a sign that you shouldn't be together in the first place."

Draco opened his mouth to defend himself but he realized he didn't have to prove himself to the man and kept his trap shut, only asking what he was to do.

---------------------------------

Draco had done lines for hours on end. He went through 2 quills and 5 bottles of ink within the time being, just wanting Harry to come back. How long does it really take to clean a trophy room?

Pumblechook sat at his desk grading papers. The room was dead quiet and Draco felt fatigue and drowsiness overcome him. Draco's blood only flowed when he got up to turn in more parchment stating, "I must respect my superiors." As a joke to himself, on one line in the middle of the endless rows he wrote "I must try to respect arrogant bozos." He knew it would go unnoticed.

But it went noticed to Draco's ignorance, and Pumblechook knew how to get under the slytherin's skin. The next time he turned in a page of lines, the professor stared ever so rudely at his arm.

"Pity your have the mark. Does Potter hold it against you?"

Draco bit the inside of his cheek and subconsciously pulled down his sleeve. "He doesn't mind it."

"Really? It doesn't bother him you're a murderer? You should be in askaban right now along with your filthy death eater father." Draco slammed his hand against Pumblechook's desk. If he had his wand he would hex him into the next century, but unfortunately it was located in a cherry-wooded drawer next to Pumblechook's left knee. The professor raised an eyebrow with a glint of humor in his eyes.

"I shouldn't be in askaban, the result was justice." Draco's tone raised but he tried to keep it down. Sitting back at his desk as he began another sheet, just begging for Harry to hurry up. "Don't blame me, because you are too unapt at your own job that you can't even take down two eighteen year old boys in face of a murderous trial. And for your information, no, it doesn't bother him, because I am not a murderer."

He wanted to punch his face in. He wanted to scream at him, he wanted to maim him. Draco just thought of Harry though. If he was here, he would ask him to calm down he would hold his hand. Pumblechook decided he wasn't going to stop there and brought up another dialogue a few silent minutes later.

"I'm just surprised he really loves you, of course, if he surely does."

"Oh he undoubtedly loves me, I guarantee you," he snapped, keeping his voice low."

"But he could do so much better."

Draco's nostrils flared and he couldn't even think of something to say, so he did the only logical thing he could think of while fuming. He turned and stomped at the door, wanting to make a break for it, but once he touched the handle he realized it was locked from the inside. Struggling, he kept tugging on it, only giving up after he slammed his hand against the wood.

He turned back to the teacher and gave him a deathly glare. "Never talk about my personal life!" He marched back to his desk looking anywhere but at the professor. "And never talk about Harry!"

"Why aren't you defending yourself," the man said, smirking behind his moustache and putting down his quill, "or is it that you believe that, too?"

Draco bit his tongue to keep from talking, but knowing that he would end up saying things that would cause further trouble wasn't the only reason he kept his mouth shut. He knew a small piece in his heart that the man was completely, 100%, without a doubt correct.

-------------------------------

Harry showed up what seemed like days later. He was so sweaty his shirt was a completely different color, and he smelled rancid. His hair was soaked and his glasses were falling off of his nose because of the droplets pooled on it. The boy's face was red and flushed and he walked like he was ripping each and every single muscle in his body. Draco was half asleep, well, 15/16ths asleep when he came in as the shipwreck he was.

Draco immediately got up and rushed to him. "What happened to you?"

"I cleaned the trophy room," he bit at Pumblechook. He grabbed his and Draco's wand and they both left with dirty glares and headed down the endless spiral staircase.

"What took you so long?"

"He charmed the room so when I touched the door handle, it would reset and it gained twice as much dirt as it had the last time," he said walking down the stairs slowly. "I cleaned it, by hand, hunched over, probably 15 times. Do you know how many trophies are in there?"

"How many," Draco finally took an arm and wrapped it around his waist so Harry had support. He himself was so tired, he only guessed it was around midnight, possibly later.

"Too many," Harry mumbled.

"Do you want to go to the Room of Requirement," Draco yawned pulling him closer, "We could sleep.

"Not tonight. It would be too much of a tease," Harry yawned back, "Maybe tomorrow if detention isn't so late... and tiring. How was yours?"

"Horrible. I wanted to punch his face in," Draco woke up a little bit more due to the anger surfacing.

"What'd he do?"

Draco debated on telling him but decided against it. "He was just being an arse."

"At least we don't have class with him tomorrow," Harry looked up to him with exhausted eyes and a sleep-drunken smile.

"Always so positive," Draco smiled and ran his fingers through Harry's greasy hair. "Ew, that's disgusting. You need a shower."

"So do you, you smell funny," Harry teased, burying his head in Draco's armpit. That tickled Draco, and I think we all know how Draco feels about being tickled, so, although trying to hide the sensation from Harry, he picked him up, piggy backing him. Harry lolled his head against Draco's neck, kissing it before nudging into it again and closing his eyes.

"You know, we are going to have to stop doing stuff like this," Draco brought up.

"Stuff like what," Harry raised his head and kissed his earlobe, sucking it. Draco felt a wave of pleasure go through him and a small, almost undetectable moan surfaced.

"Stuff like that."

"Rats," Harry stroked Draco's luscious locks. Draco smiled to himself.

His sweat cooled as they made their way to the 8th year common room and Draco let Harry down at the door. They both entered. Harry immediately stumbled down on he couch, eyeing Draco up and down.

"Are you checking me out," Draco raised an eyebrow.

Harry nodded his head before speaking in such a tired voice; he didn't know whether or not he was awake. "I'm thinking about what it would be like if you came over here and laid on top of me." Draco wore a small grin. "And I'm imagining you naked." The blonde rolled his eyes and crossed his arms. "Are you going to stand there all day or come here and cuddle with me?"

"Fine." Draco traveled to the couch and splayed himself on top of him, Harry pulling him closer.

"What did he have you do?"

"Lines. 'I must respect my superiors, I must respect my superiors,' blah blah blah. If you would have hurried up, I wouldn't of had to write it twenty thousand times. I feel like my hand is going to fall off."

"I'm sorry! It's not my fault." Harry took Draco's hand and massaged it, kissing it.

"How did you get out of there?"

"Wandless magic when I figured everything out. What time do you reckon it is?"

Draco didn't get to answer for someone cut him off when he tried to guess.

"Harry! There you are mate," Ron held, already in his school uniforms.

"Why are you up so late? Shouldn't you be asleep," Harry yawned, rubbing his eyes.

"What are you talking about? I'm actually late for breakfast, I was supposed to be down there 5 minutes ago. Almost everyone's gone. Hermione is going to kill me."

"Breakfast," Draco questioned as he sat up off of Harry, and he sat as well.

"Ron, what time is it?"

"7:20! Where have you two been?"

"Detention," Harry's adrenaline pumped as he got up off the couch. "We're going to be late! Thanks Ron! Don't wait up for me."

Harry ran to his room and Draco followed, and they both started stripping their layers. "What are you still doing here?"

"Saving time," Draco rushed as he threw off his undershirt.

"Does that mean you're going to distract me half the time," Harry asked, unzipping his trousers.

"Do you want me to," Draco raised an eyebrow.

"Well obviously," Harry said, looking at him dead in the eye.

"Alright then," Draco nodded, taking off the rest of his clothing then throwing himself on Harry and kissing him while pushing him back into the tiled cubical. He turned on the shower and it doused them in water while he pushed his tongue in Harry's mouth. Harry audibly moaned as Draco grabbed his arse cheeks. The Gryffindor wrapped his arms around Draco's neck and leaned his head to deepen the kiss. When they finally cried for air, Harry made his way to Draco's neck.

"I guess this is making up for missing last night," Harry said as he moved up to Draco's mouth again.

"Maybe... like a quarter of it."

"Have I ever told you that you are so demanding?"

"You may or may not have mentioned it," Draco looked into Harry's eyes before kissing him again sweetly, his heart fluttering.

"How am I ever going to keep up with you?"

"I don't know," Draco smiled. He really didn't. And the thoughts he'd been thinking since their first real date surfaced. What if Harry finally came to his senses? When Harry turned around to get shampoo, his smile dropped slightly as he registered what not only Pumblechook had said, but Ron too, and Snape, and everyone else.

Harry reached to put clear gel in Draco's hair but Draco backed away. "What is that?"

"Cucumber, what else would it be?"

"Is that what you use in your hair?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm not using that!"

"Why not?"

"Do you even look in the mirror? Harry, your hair is a mess!"

"But you love it," Harry gave a small smile and put it into Draco's hair despite the pout on his face. Harry vigorously scrubbed and then pushed him under the water where Draco took over and cleansed the shampoo out of his hair. Harry took a bar of soap and started washing Draco's chest and shoulders, adoring it.

He went further down to have Draco flinch as he reached his stomach. Draco grabbed Harry's hands by his wrists. "Don't you dare," he warned.

"What?"

"That tingles."

"You mean tickles?"

"Don't say that word," Draco pouted, keeping a serious face, while Harry laughed out loud.

"Will you just come here," Harry said, shifting their weight so he could finish cleaning him. "You know, you are adorable when you pout."

"Am not..."

"Most definitely are too." He pecked his pursed lips. Harry took some of his shampoo and put it on his own hair, beginning to scrub it, but Draco swat his hand away and did it himself- still pouting. "You think we'll make it for breakfast," Harry questioned.

Draco quirked his lips to the side, "No."

"So we will be running on no food, no sleep, and no sex all day." Draco smiled slightly at that, a half-smirk so to speak, before frowning oh so faintly as he massaged Harry's head.

"It will be a challenge, I have to say."

"We could fulfill the third one right now," Harry suggested before leaning his head back into the water.

Draco looked at him longingly, contemplating it, but then said, "We would miss potions."

"That's a sacrifice I would be willing to take," the Gryffindor spat out water.

"Harry, stop it, have some self control," Draco started soaping up his body.

"You're one to talk!"

"Shut it! I could swear you don't even want to have a career."

"I do, but I was already offered into the Auror program. The only reason I'm at Hogwarts is because of you," Harry said. "I hope Kingsley will let me back. I kind of went off on him when I found out he was the one who caught you."

Draco kept quiet. He shut off the water and there was a dripping silence. If it wasn't for him, Harry could have had a job already, or at least training for one.

Harry took a towel and started drying off Draco's legs and worked his way up to his blonde hair. He ruffled his strands and then looked Draco in the eyes, he still had a pout on his lip, but this one was much more solemn though. Harry took the towel and wrapped it around his head, only to leave his nose open to the air where he gently placed a kiss upon it.

Draco got out of the shower while Harry wiped himself down, and Draco spelled the rest of his damp hair dry.

"Now since you followed me in here," Harry raised an eyebrow, "you have nothing to wear." Draco stood in the realization that his uniform was tucked away in a neatly folded cabinet all the way across the hall. Harry let out a chuckle.

"Harry, can I borrow your invisibility cloak for like two minutes," Draco asked, closing his eyes, just imagining the look on someone's face if they saw him.

"I don't know, can you?"

Draco took the towel draped along his abdomen and slapped Harry with it. "Smart arse."

Draco left, completely naked, only to find Harry's trunk at the foot of the bed. On top was all of Draco's things given to Harry when he had his memory wiped from him.

"Hey! I was looking for these," Draco called, pulling out their old photos, the Gryffindor hoodie, his stuffed lion, and various other trinkets from their relationship.

"Sorry! Blaise gave them back to me when you kept having memory attacks."

Draco took the photo of Harry kissing him on the cheek and smiled at it. "This was two years ago."

"So much has changed," Harry commented as he pulled out his uniform.

"So much has," Draco agreed, "for the much much better."

"The much much much better," Harry kneeled next to Draco and kissed his cheek, just like he did in the picture.

"Do you still have the pocket watch?"

"Erm, I think it's broken," he answered, and began searching for the old time teller. It was at the bottom of the trunk and it popped up after Harry yanked its chain.

'

1267.

Harry immediately smiled as his heart beat out of his chest. He was paralyzed with happiness.

"What," Draco asked.

"It's not broken. It was stuck on 1260 for the past five months. And its been one week since you got your memory back, which means you love me again, or at least remember it."

"I do love you, very very much, Harry," Draco turned him and kissed his forehead before grabbing his items and the invisibility cloak and going across the hall to change.

Harry smiled and assembled on his clothing. It was only when he pulled over his sweater vest and tucked in his tie, did a shirtless ferret sneak behind him in the mirror and put his slytherin tie loosely on top of Harry's gryffindor one.

Harry raised an eyebrow at the hands surrounding his neck and Draco popped out from behind him, smiling. "Almost ready," he questioned.

"Help me with my shirt?"

"And why should I do that," Harry hardly smirked.

Draco kissed Harry persuasively by grabbing the back of his head and tugging at his hair, just smashing their lips together. On top of his tiredness biting at him, he grew dizzy and breathless.

"That's why," Harry said anxiously, licking his lips. Draco grabbed his shirt and positioned it around his shoulders, putting his arms through the holes. Harry, with the upmost focus, started buttoning the white material and Draco watched him. When he reached the middle of the shirt, Draco craned his neck and kissed Harry yet again, grabbing his cheek.

"Your kisses are like my caffeine," the blonde said, his eyes looking into Harry's own closed ones.

"I hope I can keep you awake today," Harry said only to give him a few more pecks as he placed his hand on Draco's chest. Draco kissed him long and deep, his passion and love leaking from his saliva. Harry moaned and rubbed his skin, reaching behind his shirt.

"Now, we could stay here for 7 minutes and sprint to class, barely make it, or we can finish this up now and make it there on time," Draco gave the options.

They arrived to potions, sweaty and winded, just as the bell rang.

--------------------------------------

The day was exhausting, both boys hitting fatigue by 10:30; they almost fell asleep in every class. Before detention, they even had to go to the hospital wing to get a pepper-up potion, just to make it through the night.

Once arrived at Pumblechook's office, the boys were forced to sit on opposite sides of the room and were told to do lines through 96 inches of parchment.

The first few hours went smoothly, but suddenly, Draco was writing what he was supposed to, but the quill was writing something else.

"He's too good for you," and "he could do so much better," appeared on the page, and Draco couldn't tell if it was his quill or his subconscious.

----------------------------------------

"Do you want to crash in my room, I'm sure Ron wouldn't mind as long as we were quiet," Harry asked as they were walking back from detention. There had been an awkward silence and finally Harry decided to fill it.

"Erm, no it's okay, I mean, there are only two more hours until we have to get up anyway. Might as well not get comfortable," Draco said, unsure and quiet. Detention lasted until 4:00 in the morning.

"What?"

"I don't want to cramp you bed though. It's okay."

"We could go to the Room of Requirement and sleep," Harry suggested.

"I mean, if you want to."

"Draco, are you alright," he asked, concerned.

"I'm fine, Harry, just tired."

"Alright..."

They made their way to the Room of Requirement and it conjured up the room they had met up in for dates and Christmas gatherings, a four-poster bed ready to be laid in. The boys stripped, but Draco did it more slowly.

Harry waited for Draco and when they got into bed, he immediately wrapped his arms around him. Draco buried his head into Harry's chest and held onto him protectively.

"Good night, Draco."

"Good morning, my love."

Harry kissed the top of his head.

And Draco found himself clinging onto Harry as if he was his only lifeline.

--------------------------------------

During classes, Draco had completely avoided Harry and Harry didn't understand why. Although, the sleepiness covered a mental film over them, they weren't thinking properly, and it's not like they had completely gotten over the memory loss incident. Pumblechook took note of the behavior.

The next detention, Draco swallowed hard as he was told they would be separated again. He was sent to the storage closet outside of the Charms classroom, to clean and organize it, wandless again. Harry was forced to stay there.

When he opened the door he found himself in a room filled with so many books, he couldn't see. His task was to put them in alphabetical order, but he knew that wouldn't happen within the night. He got to work, filling up shelves and clearing the piles.

Under one of the bigger piles, lay a trunk, dusty and moldy. Draco debated on opening it, but he knew with Pumblechook's deceiving, psychotic mind, he would be force to go back if he skipped a pile.

When he opened it, he was forced back due to an unseen force, and dust was thrown everywhere, forcing him to shield his eyes. He started coughing and he stood, only to find Harry standing above him when he opened his eyes.

"Harry! How did you escape Pumblechook?"

"Don't call me that," Harry bit, a look of disgust on his face.

"What?"

"You're nauseating, you're vile."

"Harry what are you talking about?"

"How could you ever think I love you?"

"Harry! No, what are you saying?"

"You're not good enough for me. There are so many better people out there, which are so better than you. Better than a filthy death eater."

It took him a second to realize he was talking to a boggart, but that idea wasn't grasped firmly enough because he kept thinking the body before him was real, and what he was saying was real.

"No matter what you do, I know that I could do so much better," the boggart chanted. "I'm too good for you, and you could never live up to me. I'm going to end it with you, even if it takes me days, weeks even."

Draco found himself covering his ears and backing up against the wall. He didn't have a wand. He couldn't make it go away.

The only thing he could do was wait for the door to unlock.

-------------------------------------------------

It was 6:30 in the morning when Draco made it back to the defense against the dark arts classroom. He was crying and shaking. The boggart hadn't stopped talking the entire time, hours on end. It made him rethink the whole relationship and Harry's feelings for him.

Draco stood outside the door, wiping tears from his face and taking a deep breath before he walked into the room. He just went up and took his wand not even looking in the professor's direction. Harry got up and grabbed his own wand as Draco rushed out the door.

"Draco," he called.

He didn't answer, but just kept walking, ignoring his calls. At the moment he wanted to punch a wall in.

"Draco," Harry shouted, running up to him. "Draco, what's wrong with you?"

Draco just kept walking, as if Harry wasn't there.

"Draco, damn it! What the hell is wrong with you? What happened in there," Harry begged, getting angry. "Draco!"

He took him and pinned him to the wall.

"I'm talking to you! What the hell happened! Have you been crying?"

"Harry, just please, I'm fine, just leave me alone."

"Just tell me what happened to you!"

"Harry, leave me alone," Draco said sterner, all tears gone from his eyes.

"Draco, please just tell me what's wrong!"

"Potter, get off of me," he shouted, using his strength to muster Harry off of him. He left Harry standing there, wondering how two days ago, they were making out in the shower, and now he wouldn't even talk to him.

He could only wonder.

----------------------------------------

The next day, or should I say 45 minutes later, they didn't speakat all, and Draco avoided him to every extent. The reason: he thought what the boggart said was a completely true statement and he didn't want the real Harry to end it with him once and for all.

Although, it would be much easier to think if they hadn't been running on 3 hours of sleep every day that they got from napping during dinner. Harry would try to reach out to Draco but he would shut him away. He hid during the two hours before dinner, and Harry found himself looking at his seat across the hall, figuring he should be alone for the time being.

"Where's Draco," Hermione asked, only to taunt him more.

"I don't know. He hasn't spoken to me all day. I don't know what's going on to be honest with you," Harry said solemnly.

"Do you think he's having second thoughts?"

"Why would he be? I love him and he knows that, and he loves me, it's not that difficult."

"Yeah but sometimes the demons come back, Harry."

"Maybe he's just tired?"

"Maybe..."

---------------------------------------

Once arrived at detention, they were told to sit together, although Draco sat at the very edge. His eyes were poled with darkness and wrinkles were forming, as well as Harry's due to the lack of food and sleep. Their irritability level was massive and classmates and friends started to notice.

"You two have worked very hard these past few days," Pumblechook said, raising an eyebrow, "Which is why I decided to cut your detention short. As long as you two keep what you're doing up, I'm sure we will get over this bump in the road quickly," he almost had a smile on his face, but what Draco saw was a malicious act of mocking. He knew. Oh he knew. "Mr. Potter, once you write the letter of recommendation and put it on my desk, you both are dismissed."

Harry gave a sigh of relief as Draco just crossed his arms and hugged himself. Pumblechook went upstairs to his office while the two had to stay in the classroom.

"Hey," Harry smiled, turning to Draco, "We're free," he whispered. Draco just stared off into space, blinking vigorously. "Are you alright? Have you been having nightmares?"

The slytherin nodded his head. He had, but they were alive, living within him, constantly biting at him.

"After this is over we could go to the Room of Requirement," Harry suggested," We could just sleep."

Draco swallowed, shutting his eyes and putting his head down on the desk. Harry rubbed his back a bit before concentrating on the letter he was about to fake.

There was an awkward silence as he scribbled on the page, and finally when he signed it, Draco stood, refusing to look Harry in the eye. Harry just furrowed his eyebrows and walked over to Pumblechook's desk, placing it in the center.

"We need to talk," he told Draco, causing the blonde's heart to race. Draco was genuinely terrified. They made their way to the room of requirement and the silent tension grew between them. The room offered the same cubical they normally went in and they both sat down on the couch. Harry was ready to pull him close and hold him, but Draco scooted all the way to the opposite side of it.

"I feel like we haven't talked in forever," Harry started.

Draco sat there, shaking his leg and biting his lip, staring off into space. Harry watched him silently, barely breathing. He looked like he wanted to cry again.

"You hate it when people shake their leg. It irks you," Harry said quietly. Draco just stopped shaking it, blinking again. "Are you just going to sit there and stare off into space or are you going to tell me what's on your mind?"

"How was detention," Draco replied sharply, still looking in front of him, biting his lip.

"It was fine," Harry said confused, caught off guard from the question.

"Did Pumblechook talk to you at all," Draco swallowed.

"No, he was actually quite respectful the whole time, which was surprising."

"Good for you."

"And yours?"

Draco was silent for a long while before speaking in a ghostly tone. "When are you going to realize you could do so much better than me?"

"What," Harry questioned, raising an eyebrow, sitting up in a crisscross position," What are you talking about?"

"Harry, I'm not good enough for you and you know it deep down so why don't you just admit it to yourself and we can move on with our lives?"

Harry wanted to laugh as if Draco were playing a joke on him. "And where would you be getting this from?" Realizing Draco wasn't by him wiping his eyes, Harry questioned, alarmed, "What happened in detention yesterday?"

"Nothing," Draco answered all too quickly.

"Draco, answer me."

"I didn't have my wand, okay," Draco bit unexpectedly," I couldn't do anything about it."

"Do anything about what?"

Draco answered after a moment or two of nauseous silence. "There was a boggart."

"A boggart? And?"

"Harry," Draco finally said a little louder, turning to him, "you know what my biggest fear is."

"Losing me," he said just above a whisper, thinking more to himself, his heart fluttering and chipping at the same time.

"Losing you. I was stuck in there for six hours, six Harry. And you stood there and mocked me and told me I could never be good enough for you for six goddamned hours. Oh and on Monday, Pumblechook talked to me about being a death eater and about you, and on Tuesday he made me do lines and they all said the exact same thing no matter what I wrote it said the exact same thing over and over and over-"

"He's been torturing you and you haven't told me!"

"Well-"

"Why are you even listening to him?"

"Don't you get it? It's because I believe it." Draco stood, "I always have, ever since you didn't shake my hand, I knew it was because I could never compare to the Great Harry Potter! That's why I hated you for years, that's why I thought I could outsmart you by pulling the prank on you, that's why we had so many arguments in 6th year about it, that's why I questioned you when you proposed to me. Because I know one day when you wake up, you're going to realize that you could do so much better than me and you're going to fall in love with a Swedish underwear model and leave me alone to wallow in my own sorrow. Everyone who has told me it, including Pumblechook, just makes me know it's true even more. I've believed it since the first time I met you, I'll believe it until we die, because you are so special, and so extraordinary, and I'm just a follower from a washed up family. I don't deserve someone as astonishing you!"

Harry sat there in silence, looking at Draco as if he had grown three heads before softening. "I didn't know you felt that way."

"I do," Draco said, turning away from him.

"Wait who has told you that you aren't good enough for me?"

"Weasley-"

"Ron? You're serious?"

"Over summer."

"Snape over the summer in 6th year too, just before Hogwarts. Pansy has too before."

"I thought he loved us being together."

"She does," Draco sniffed, "But that doesn't mean that there aren't other people out there, smarter than me, better looking than me, nicer than me," he swallowed and swallowed hard, "braver than me. And it's like sitting on an exploding snap waiting for you to realize it."

"Why have you been hiding this from me for so long? Why didn't you trust me enough to tell me?"

"I've hinted at it before. And besides, it would induce you breaking up with me anyway."

"Break up with you? Why would I break up with you," Harry stood.

"I already told you. I'm not good enough for you!"

"Oh would you stop acting like a child?"

Draco stared at him with wild eyes.

"You heard me. Stop acting like a child and making things complicated. You know I love you, and I know you love me. Why are you making it any harder than that? You're just pitying yourself," Harry scoffed. He was growing angry, knowing that Draco had hid this from him, well had even thought it anyway.

"Harry, don't you see how scared I am? Girls hang around you all the time, and if the world knew you were gay, so would thousands of men too! You get what, hundreds of letters everyday from fans!"

"You don't think I'm not scared too? Draco, I'm absolutely terrified! You're legally engaged to a girl you don't even know, who won't break a contract binding you together! What if she won't stop it, and you're forced to be with her? What if along the way you actually get to know her and fall in love with her?"

"You're sick to think I would fall in love with that cow!"

"You're sick to think I would leave you!" Draco groaned in frustration and began walking out the door on to have Harry stop him. "Where are you going?"

"I just need to be alone okay," Draco bit, turning back to Harry. Harry wanted to argue it but he could see there was so much more bothering him than just a small fight with his fiancée. He saw his exhaustion and need for solitude and rest so he nodded.

"I want you to remember that if I didn't want to be with you the rest of my life, I wouldn't of asked," Harry said softly, his tiredness kicking in as well. Draco stopped for a few seconds, turning back to bid him a good night, and leaving into the empty corridors.

--------------------------------------------

Draco woke to rapid knocks on his door, which turned to bangs.

"Malfoy, wake up," Ron's frantic shouts were muffled from the door, but were indeed rushed and desperate. Draco shot up to the door while Blaise just rolled over in his bed.

"What's wrong with Harry," he immediately asked.

"How did you know it was him," Ron asked, dumbfounded.

"Like you would want to have a chat with me at two in the morning," Draco rolled his eyes. "Now what's it, go on?"

"Harry's having nightmares, I think, either that or a heart attack, but I'm pretty positive it's nightmares. I've tried everything. He won't wake up, and he keeps screaming your name." The blonde was guided into their room. Harry was having a fit, he was shrieking and crying and shaking and sweating. The blankets were on the floor and the pillows were nowhere to be seen, the sheets were twisted as a tornado.

Draco immediately ran to his side, shaking him, grabbing his hand, and kissing it. "Come on Harry, come on Harry," he chanted, knowing that either he would wake, or he would have to wait it out. Draco climbed on top of the shivering boy and pinned his arms down to his sides, straddling him. He was saying anything he could to wake him.

Harry, despite being unable to move, shook his head by his neck and struggled, screaming 'No,' over and over and over again. Draco could see the pool of sweat beading down his neck, and most of his shirt was wet. Harry shrieked again, long and vocal-chord-ripping.

"Damn it, Harry! Wake up!" Draco kissed his forehead, and although he may have relaxed a bit, he was still screaming. And then he was crying. Draco kissed his temple, down to his jaw, and he finished by tasting his salty neck. "Harry, please wake up my love," he whispered in his ear, and finally he did.

Harry's eyes shot open and he was shaking, panting for oxygen. He was winded and looked up to see a concerned Draco. He almost thought he was in his nightmare again and started screaming, only to have Draco shush him, and climb off of him.

"Draco! Oh god Draco," Harry gasped, his lips quivering as he grasped onto him by the neck and pulling him closer. Draco held him, his hand on the back of his head, the other pulling him close by his back.

"Shhh, you're okay, you're okay," Draco whispered, hugging him tight, "It was just a bad dream."

"Draco, it was awful," Harry started, his words almost couldn't be recognized due to his sobbing, but Draco cut him off from further speech.

"Hey, shhh, we don't need to talk about it right now just relax, we're okay," Draco cooed, stroking his hair away from his face.

"Draco, I'm sorry, so sorry" he cried, squeezing him so his bones were crushed.

"Don't worry, Harry," he whispered, letting go of him and getting up from the bed. "It's alright, I'm sorry too."

"Wait, no! Don't leave me," Harry begged.

"Wouldn't dream of it, I'm not going anywhere. How are we supposed to sleep without a pillow?" Draco searched for the bed's accessories and fixed the sheets while Harry watched him, breathing unsteadily. He tucked Harry in and climbed in bed with him, wrapping his arms around him, and Harry hugged him as well. Burying his head in the nape of his neck, he began sobbing again.

Draco took his hand and laced their fingers together.

They lay there silently for a while, except for a few sniffs or chokes from Harry, expecting one another to fall asleep, but Harry didn't dare, and Draco wasn't planning on going unconscious with Harry as freaked out as he was.

And then there was Ron. He watched the entire thing, although he was forgotten. Even though he still hated Malfoy, and probably always would, watching him comforting Harry like that, with the look in his eyes, he was actually happy he was with him... but he would never admit that.

"Do you want to go to Madam Pomfrey?"

"No, I'll be okay," Harry whispered back.

"What about tomorrow, just to see what's going on-"

"I know exactly what she's gonna say. It's nightmares because of the war and she'll try to give me dreamless sleep potion and it won't work."

"Yeah but, Harry, it's your health."

"Draco, no I'm not going," Harry raised his voice.

"Shhh, Harry relax, if you don't want to go you don't want to go, it's okay, we won't go. You know they're nightmares, or are they flashbacks?"

"Nightmares," Harry shook.

"Alright," Draco kissed his forehead. "It's not real, I promise."

"It seemed like it," Harry whined. "I'm sorry, Ron for waking you," he turned to the boy.

"It's alright mate," Ron said quietly.

"Do you want to go to the room of requirement," Draco asked.

Harry nodded his head and they proceeded to get out of bed while Draco grabbed Harry's invisibility cloak and wrapped it around them. They held hands all the way down to the room, and Harry wished it could be like that without the material shielding them from the world. Once inside they peeled the cloak off.

"Draco, it was awful! Voldemort had us captured and-"

Harry started but was cut off by Draco placing his lips on his own as a hand grabbed his cheek.

"Shh, we don't need to talk about it tonight. We can talk about it tomorrow. We've gotten no sleep in four days, let's just rest, okay?"

"Okay," Harry looked up to him with loving eyes before kissing his nose, leaving Draco with a small smile. Draco pulled him into a tight hug, Harry's skull under his chin. They stood there for a bit and Harry could have fallen asleep right then and there but Draco let go, holding his hand and leading him to the bed.

"Wait, before we sleep, I want you naked."

Harry furrowed his eyebrows at it. "Why?"

"Because I want our bodies together, no clothes. It's more romantic that way, just trust me."

"Okay, Mr. Romance," Harry game a small, sleep-drunken smile and peeled off all his clothes. Draco did the same, and they both lay there under the goose feather blankets, their body heat comforting as Harry snuggled closer to Draco, him encasing his arms around the boy.

"Good night my love," Draco whispered, causing Harry to shiver a good shiver. He kissed the top of his head.

"And you say you're not good enough for me... rather I'm not good enough for you," Harry said softly before closing his eyes and drifting.

Draco smiled to himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 1.4K 38
When Harry returns to Hogwarts after the war to complete his 7th year, he wants revenge. Draco Malfoy also returns and Harry has a plan. But the wiza...
714K 22.2K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...
546K 20.7K 40
The war is over. Lord Voldemort defeated, the 7th years have been invited back to repeat their final year at Hogwarts school. Harry, convinced by his...
363 2 23
it's been a few months since Harry Potter defeated voldemort. the school is back and running and harry, Hermione, and Ron are back. Minerva is now he...