Mary (PART 1)

By WallflowerXfantasY

(BWWM) After a chemical breaks loose to the public over half of New York's population has become infected wit... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 3

223 18 0
By WallflowerXfantasY

She finally got a glimpse of his back saw two large gashes, one on each of his shoulder blades. In the tub was a red substance that stained parts of the floor and tub. With a sigh Mary grabbed the items off the counter and stepped in to the tub to get a good look at the injury.

"What happened to you?" She spoke lowly as she eyed the still bleeding wounds.

The flesh around the wound was blistered and swollen. "My wings burned when I came to earth." The man replied with a heavy sigh.

Great, I was possibly saved or kidnapped by a madman. Whatever it was she planned to thank him for getting her away from those creatures before she headed on her own way. Within minutes his wounds were cleaned and bandaged. Leaning one hand on the uninjured part of his shoulder she lifted the skirt of her dress with the other to safely step out of the tub.

"Now I'd like some answers. Who are you, where are my clothes, and how did you know I was in the trunk of the car?" Mary stood before him with my arms crossed.

He sat up straight and ran a hand through his hair, giving me a better view of his face. This man was handsome. He was perfect, almost too perfect. He was beautiful yet obviously manly. It was almost like a barbarian and some beautifully unnatural force gave birth to him. 

"My name is Michael. I threw your clothes away, they were dirty. You left a trail of blood on your way to and in the car." He replied in order.

"Okay then Michael, thank you for saving or kidnapping me from dying in a trunk alone but I think it's time I move on. I have somewhere to be, so again, thank you." She bowed her head slightly before turning and leaving the bathroom.

She grabbed the robe off the back of the door before closing it. She put it on as she walked over to the closet to see if there were any clothes inside it.

Empty.

Not even a pair of socks remained. With a sigh Mary walked over to the window where the table and tray sat, trying to figure out how far her destination was from here.

After a few moments she concluded that they were in a hotel about ten blocks away from where she passed out.

Excellent.

Lifting the cover off the tray Mary found a bowl of cut up melons and and grapes along with a smaller bowl with cubes of cheese and cup of hot chocolate.

"That is for you, eat." Michael came out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist. "I'm going to get some clothes for us. Stay here."

"Wait, I'll go with you. You don't know my sizes." She set the cover down and made my way toward the door.

"I already know your size. In clothing you're a fourteen and in shoes you're a ten, depending on the cut. You're a borderline d cup and in underwear you should be a seven." He stared straight at her gauging her reaction.

It was quite obvious now that she was embarrassed by him knowing her sizes. She had all her weight evened out in her height of five- five. Mary cleared her throat before squaring her shoulders and starring Michael down.

"I'll be going with you anyway. Where are my boots?" She looked around trying to find them.

"Stay here." He replied sternly.

"Now that I think about it, where are my weapons, Michael?" Mary stopped spinning around and stared at the large man that looked like he could easily snap her neck.

"I have them in my care, so you will stay here and be a good girl until I get back." He spoke a like a stern father giving me one last look before leaving the room in just a towel and the hotel slippers.

"He really thinks I'm going to just sit here like a little puppy and wait for him, fat chance." Mary scoffed as she set out to find her things.

Digging around in the hamper, looking under the bed, under the mattress, in the drawers, even in the toilet tank; Mary couldn't find her weapons anywhere. When Michael came back he found Mary in the middle of the room trying to pull up the floor board. With a deep chuckle he dropped the clothes on the bed and took a seat at the table to watch her antics.

"It's not funny, you bastard! Where are my things?" Mary crossed we arms under her chest as she sat back in her shins, glaring at the man.

"You will get your things when we leave, Mary. For now get dressed and have something to eat." He spoke slowly and deliberately before passing a piece a cheese between his lips and chewing.

"I don't have time to play house with you, give me my things so I can be on my way!" She insisted as she grabbed a pair of camo pants and slipped them on under the nightgown after removing the robe.

"Are you sure, I'd make a good husband, I'd even carry you over the threshold?" He smirked resting his chin on his palm as he continued to eat.

"Dear god in heaven, why are you giving me this punishment?" Mary groaned grabbing a black T-shirt and slipping it on after turning her back and removing the night gown.

"He didn't send me as a punishment, I'm just a guide slash protector." Michael replied seriously causing Mary to look at him.

"Wow, you're serious aren't you?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I thought you made the connections when I told you my name and the fact that I have wounds from where my wings burned." He stared at the woman expectantly.

"For all I know, you could be a sociopath who saw me as a chance to create an imaginary world where none of this zombie shit is happening." Mary shrugged looking around the room.

"Then let me start over." He stood tall and proud. "My name is Michael, I am an archangel sent from heaven to protect you-"

"Why me?" She threw her hands up in exasperation.

"Let me finish!" He scolded. "You are the key to curing everyone, with my help of course. It's a pleasure to meet you Mary, though the pleasure is all mine." He winked at her as he bowed at the waist.

"Let's say I really believe you to be an angel. Shouldn't you be I don't know, not so flirty?" She asked eyeing him curiously.

"Feeling that I get when I look at you, is that flirting?" Michael asked as he experienced the strange feeling to act on impulse the way humans males do toward their females.

"No, flirting is the winking and the suggesting you'd be a good husband and so on. How do you feel when you look at me?" Mary asked as she started to believe this man was telling the truth.

"I like the way you look. Like I can look at you all day and still be curious about you." Michael explained tapped the fingers of his free hand against his knee as he stated at Mary.

"That would be called attraction, you find me appealing. Which means you're not an angel, they don't have those kinds of thoughts." She shrugged and before slipping her black socks and boots on.

"As an angel we understand humans but we don't feel what they feel, the way they feel it. We have a dedication to our father and his cause." He simply answered.

"Well, angel, welcome to earth and you've just had your first human emotion, attraction." Mary smiled as she crossed the space and sat in the empty set across from him.

"Is this feeling going to go away?" Michael asked looking at her holding back the urge to touch her. "Is it suppose to be this strong?"

Plucking out a few pieces of melon, Mary glanced up at the uncomfortable angel. "It depends on who the person is and how you feel about them. It depends on you really." She shrugged before dropping a piece of melon between her lips.

"I think it's a bit annoying, things can't get done if I'm forced to think about you, especially in a time of danger." He sighed annoyed.

"It's the first time you're feeling this it'll pass especially if we run in to a prettier woman." She shrugged and as if on cue a loud scream echoed on the street below. "We should probably go help her, it is the godly thing to do, after all."

"My only job is to look after you." He leaned back in his chair crossing his arms over his broad chest.

"If you don't help her, I will, weapons or no." She warned mimicking his actions.

After a moment of silence between them and the woman's screams. He finally gave up. "Fine, I'll go get her," He stood from his seat walked across the room to the vent behind a desk chair and popped it open.

"The vent, of course! Why didn't I look there?" Mary stood up and rushed over to the vent and reached for her weapons.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." They locked and held gazes for as long as they could before another scream rang out.

"Aye aye, Captain!" Mary saluted as he grabbed two of her guns and rushed out the door.

As she went about arming herself, she heard a round of four shots go off then it was silent again. She didn't know how he moved so quick and precise but she appreciated it. Within minutes she heard footsteps in the hall and ran to open the door. With the door open Mary peaked out to see two men and a woman rush into the room nearly knocking her down before Michael and another woman came rushing in as well before she slammed the door shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 4.1K 41
It took barely over a month for the epidemic to spread across the globe. Contrary to belief, the world didn't end with a bang and neither did it go q...
18.3K 352 14
Welcome back to Seabrook! Where Zombies and humans are in harmony.. until something, or a group put the town in panic! I don't own anything of the Zo...
339 34 16
Friends fight together to survive a zombie apocolypse...but how long will they remain friends? Who survives? Who falls in love? =Read on to find out=
187K 8K 35
Breakout. Escape The City. Stay Alive. Sixteen-year-old David Simmons is on a mission to save his eight-year-old sister. In a smoldering world infest...