Around the World [A Liam Payn...

By etherachel

Mikayla Ryder is an aspiring musician who wants nothing more than to visit America, where she was born. When... More

Around the World [A Liam Payne Romance]
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
not a chapter
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
The End!

Chapter Two

65.3K 1.2K 218
By etherachel

                When we got to the airport in California, I was beat. Hours and hours of flying was only greeted by being driven an hour to a hotel in two separate cars with four huge vans following us with all of our bags. I was in the car with the other band members, and the five boys making up One Direction were in the smaller van in front of us.

                Once we finally arrived at the hotel, we had to go in through the back so any lingering fans hoping that this was indeed the hotel the boys were staying at wouldn’t spot them. Really, I wasn’t prepared to be so secretive and incognito if I was just in the band – but then again, I was the guitarist for a world-famous band.

                I yawned as the receptionist checked us in and the manager shooed us off to go upstairs. “Didn’t you get any sleep on the plane?”

                Blinking at Liam, I shook my head. “I can’t sleep on planes.”

                “Why?” He questioned as we walked towards the elevator.

                I shrugged, “I’m never comfortable enough, I guess. But I have to admit, I’ve never tried to sleep on a private jet before.”

                Liam Payne grinned at me, “Yeah, it’s brilliant.”

                We slipped into the elevator with the other boys and a few members of the band, all squeezing in and fitting way over capacity. From what I gathered from listening to the guys, it seemed like we’d be recording a few days here in California before the actual tour began. Apparently, the tour bus hasn’t even arrived yet, either.

                “Top floor,” Harry chirped. “Party floor!”

                I laughed, but rolled my eyes when Niall said lazily, “Before we even think about partying, lads, we need to order room service.”

                Zayn chuckled, “I am a bit hungry, too. Plane food doesn’t quite fill you up.”

                Josh, the drummer, nodded in agreement before groaning, “Could this elevator go any slower?”

                “We definitely broke it,” I teased.

                They chuckled, agreeing jokingly before the elevator doors finally – and slowly – slid open to let us pour out and onto the top floor. Since it was the top floor, it was a penthouse, which surprised me even further. That meant we would all be roommates on this entire penthouse floor rather than each of us having our own hotel rooms.

                I mentally tried to figure out how many people there were and began backtracking the boys’ names and place in One Direction. Of course, there was Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Zayn Malik – but there was also Joey, the keyboard player, Josh, the drummer, and Sandy, the bassist. And then there was me, the only girl member.

                “Everyone fend for themselves!” Louis screamed as everyone ran to find their own room.

                Panicking, my eyes widened and I scrambled to start running, pushing past Josh and effectively making him loose his footing as I pushed doors open to find a free room. Finally, I found an unoccupied room and practically threw myself into it like everyone else had, and sat on the bed in victory. A moment later, Josh stumbled to the doorway before glaring at me.

                “You think you’re funny, new girl?” Josh questioned teasingly and a bit flirtatiously, leaning against the doorframe of the room.

                I grinned victoriously. “A little bit. Now get out of my room.”

                He rolled his eyes at me before trudging out of my room, on a hunt to find his own. Smirking to myself, I took the free moment alone to take out my phone and dial Sadie’s number, excited to update her with what’s going on. I laid on my stomach on top of the large, comfortable bed and waited as the phone rung three times before my best friend answered.

                “Hey, Mikayla! What’s up? How was the flight? Did you meet anyone yet?” Sadie asked, bubbling with excitement and questions.

                I laughed a little. “Hey! The flight kind of sucked because I feel dead now, but yeah, I met everyone. I’m actually staying in a penthouse with everyone for a few days.”

Silence.

                “You mean… One Direction is in the same hotel room as you?”

                 I bit my lip, saying, “Kind of. It’s basically the entire top floor, so it isn’t a room per say…”

                “I can’t even believe this.”

                “Hey, Sadie, breathe.”

                She hesitated, “Okay, I’m good. Anyway, did you tell Louis I loved him yet? It’s just a matter of time until he realizes I’m the one for him…”  

                I laughed. “Calm down, I’ll tell him later. But anyway, I only have a few minutes until they’re getting room service, and I don’t want them to skip my order. So tell me or ask me anything you want before I have to go, okay?”

                “Who’s the cutest? Do you know the band, too? Do they know you dance? Where are you going first?” Sadie asked in all one breath.

                Here we go.

                “All of them, yes, no, and honestly, I’m not really sure.” I answered.

                “You don’t know who’s the cutest?!” Sadie screeched. “Mikayla, it’s not that hard of a choice! Which boy makes you all happy inside and looks totally cute all the time?”

                Liam. “I don’t know, Sadie, all of them! I got to go, okay? Talk to you later.”

                Before I could listen to her squeaking protests, I hung up the phone and stood up. Grabbing my bag, I started to take some things out and throw them in drawers with hope that I’ll be able to find the items later.

                This went on for five minutes until a knock came from my door. I looked up to see Liam Payne standing there against the doorway, smiling at me with those lit up brown eyes and messy hair from the flight. Immediately, I smiled back at him.

                “Do you need help unpacking?” Liam questioned. “I finished a bit ago.”

                I raised a brow, “You finished already?”

                He grinned sheepishly. “I’m used to all the unpacking and packing from touring.”

                “Well, I don’t need help, because I don’t even feel like doing it yet. Thanks though.” I said, then walked towards him. “Did the guys order yet?”

                Liam shook his head, “They’re collecting Niall’s order now.”

                I nodded, understanding Niall’s love for food and realizing this may take a long time. “Let’s watch TV then… I have a feeling that will take awhile.”

                He chuckled, and we walked out of my room together and through the hallway. I saw Josh in the hallway as he glanced at me, rolling his eyes and feigning dislike towards me as I rolled my eyes and grinned. Finally, Liam and I went into the family room, where half of the band and Louis Tomlinson were just hanging out.

                Upon our entrance, they nodded up at us and Louis said, “Now that we have more people, let’s play a game.”

                I raised my brow, falling back on the couch beside him. “What game?”

                Sandy, the bass player, responded: “Never Have I Ever.”

                 Awesome. I was stuck playing Never Have I Ever, a drinking game, with only guys that I’ve never met before today. And why were we drinking when we just got off a plane? Whatever. In my head, I played back something that made me laughing at myself: YOLO.

                So, Harry and Zayn walked into the room with booze in their hands and Niall in tow with red solo cups. Soon there was a cup of vodka in front of me and a diet coke beside the cup as everyone settled in, ready to play the game. I glanced at the boys and wondered why I had to be the only girl.               

                “How about the girl starts first?” Zayn questioned, glancing at me with  small smirk. “The only girl here.”

                I rolled my eyes, “Alright, fine. Never have I ever… sexted.”

                Immediately, Josh and Harry picked up their cups, and I was giggling. They shot me looks but kept drinking, not even bothering to chase it down with a diet coke.

                Next, it was Louis saying, “Never have I ever been cross faded.”

                I looked around before taking a gulp of my drink. The guys raised their eyebrows at me as they all took a sip as well, proving to me that they weren’t as innocent as some people pegged them to be.

                Next, Jon said, “Never have I ever snuck out of my house to do something illegal… in my school days.”

                Liam was the only one that didn’t drink to that. I could feel my thoughts get hazy and just continued on with the game, drinking when it applied to me and making up one when it was my turn. The food came and we ate it all during the course of the game, but soon I was – among the other boys – smashed.

                It was fair to say we were all plastered, but I couldn’t quite tell on the account of some of the boys handling their liquor well. I’ve always been a bad drunk and I’ll admit to it, too. I slur my words and laugh at pretty much everything, but to this day I haven’t been described as “sloppy” – meaning I won’t randomly hookup with someone just because I’m drunk.

                “Is there a pool here?” I asked, looking around at the boys as I grabbed their attention. “Because we should go skinny dipping.”

                They all chanted agreements as Liam said, “Okay, someone’s a bit too drunk.”

                I rolled my eyes as he turned me around, his hand on the small of my back. “Where are we going? I’m fine! Just a little hungry. You know, that Chinese food didn’t fill me up. Damn China!”

                “Come on, we’re going to your room.”

                I gasped, “Liam, you have a girlfriend!”

                He chuckled. My concern level dropped as I got distracted by the quickness of Liam’s pace as we walked into my room and I sat down on the bed, crossing my arms and looking up at Liam with big puppy dog eyes and pouted lips. I saw him waver for a second before he shook his head slightly.

                “Go to bed,” Liam said somewhat sternly. “We can talk in the morning. Besides, rehearsals are tomorrow.”        

                “But nobody else is going to bed!” I protested.

                “They’ll be going to bed soon.”

                “Daddy Direction.” I muttered. “Always out to be the daddy of One Direction. Hey, is that why you’re called that? Daddy of One Direction. Hum, it has a ring to it.”

                Liam Payne rolled his eyes. “Go to sleep, Mikayla. I’ll talk to you tomorrow, while you nurse your hangover.”

                As he walked out of the room, I dropped my pout and fell back on my bed. The first night and I’m staring up at the ceiling wall – awesome. I guess this is what it means to be on tour… a lot of booze, and a lot of boring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 269 28
[Under Major Reconstruction] Liam Payne is still in love with his ex-girlfriend, Kelly. He thinks he's willing to do whatever it takes to get her ba...
26.7K 486 31
Hannah Jones is into One Direction but no-one would say she's obsessed she just likes their songs but slight twist her dad is the head of their bodyg...
24K 862 100
Y/N is an 18 years old girl . Niall and Harry fell in love with her . who will she choose and what will happen when the other is not chosen . will he...
32.5K 1K 25
It's the end of senior year and Harry and Louis's relationship is at an all time high. High school is over and they are already planned to move to Lo...