Ghost Wolf

By basketcase101

Melanie is sixteen and is a werewolf. She also has until the end of her junior year in high school to pick he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
AUTHOR'S NOTE!!!
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 11

55 0 3
By basketcase101

"I'm sorry about earlier." Carson looked over at me as he continued to wash the blood out of the dog bed

in the sink.

"Why did you do it?" I whispered to him as I continued to watch him.

He looked back down before he spoke. "I don't know." I sighed and settled into the couch some more. "It

was really unprofessional… I don't think Elder Zee would be too happy with me."

"You don't have to tell him." He looked up at me a little confused. "He doesn't need to know. I won't say

anything, don't worry." He looked down at the floor before he watched his hands again. "I just wanna know why you thought that would work."

He sighed and picked up the dog bed to see if he got all the blood out. He turned off the water, telling me

it was all gone, before he took off his gloves and turned to me. "I don't know." He brushed his hands together as he walked over to me. He sat on the edge of the couch and brushed my hair back as I looked at him. "I know it probably made you even more uncomfortable."

"I just didn't think you had any kind of interest in me." I turned over on my back and placed my hands on

my stomach. "I don't think we've really ever had a conversation.

He smiled a little and leaned over and kissed my forehead. "Carson?" He raised his eyebrows at me and

he stroked my cheek with his thumb. "Are- Do you-" I stopped and huffed, not certain how to say it. "You're not doing all of this because you want to be future alpha, are you?"

He furrowed his eyebrows. "No." He shook his head and started laughing a little. "No way. I don't want

that. I already have to worry about making sure people don't die in the future." We both laughed and I sighed a little. "I… kinda did like kissing your neck though." I looked up at him and he smiled a little guiltily. I smiled a little and reached up to hold his face when the front door opened.

"I can't wait for Rick to no longer be alpha. He's so infuriating!" Elder Zee yelled as he entered the house.

I took my hand off of Carson's face and looked back at Elder Zee.

"Now you know how I feel." I smiled a little when he turned around, probably forgetting I was here.

"Melanie! You look much better! Did Carson take care of you?" The door opened and closed again and

Dylan walked into view. He smiled a little and I forced a small smiled because I didn't understand why he came back.

"Yes he did." I smiled at him and Carson patted my leg.

"Did you feed her the-"

"Yes." Carson answer quickly, knowing what questions he would ask.

"Did you manage to convince her to take a bath?"

"Yes sir."

"Excellent! I figured she'd against that one. But you managed!" I noticed Dylan's face had a slight glare

on it now. "And she didn't put up a fight to help with getting dressed?"

"She did, but it took a lot of convincing to get her to let me help."

"That a boy! You'll be an excellent doctor!" Carson smiled and got up from the couch. "Well Carson, I

thank you for taking care of Melanie while we were at the pack meeting. You can leave now if you like." Elder Zee smiled at his apprentice.

"Actually, I wanted to hear what Rick did to piss you off so badly."

"Oh! That man." Elder Zee quickly became angry again and Dylan came and took Carson's place on the

couch. He ran his fingers through my hair and smiled at me. I smiled back before looking at Elder Zee.

"He decided to put off finding out who attacked our future pack leader! He said it can wait until the

vampires come to find out who killed the human next week! He didn't even question any of the pack!Oh Melanie I wish for you to pick a mate soon so that man can be put in his place!"

"Couldn't you put him in his place since you're an elder?" Dylan picked my legs up and sat under them

and started rubbing my calves. I managed to turn onto my stomach and Dylan started over with rubbing my legs.

"No, not on my own I couldn't. All of the elders have to agree before we confront the alpha about one of

his decisions. That's why all of the other elders are coming over for dinner tonight. As future alpha you're welcome to join us and observe, Melanie. I'm afraid you won't be allowed to stay Dylan."

"That's okay. My parents will probably want to see me to make sure I'm still alive anyway." I smiled a

little at him before I looked up at Elder Zee again.

"Will I need to get dressed up for this dinner?"

"No, no, no. It's just a casual dinner." I nodded and he sighed. "I think I've said enough now. Would you

kids like some food? I'll be glad to run out and get us all something?" We all nodded and agreed on Penn Station. Carson left with Elder Zee to go get the food and Dylan and I stayed silent the whole time while he continued to rub my calves.

Carson and Elder Zee walked back into the house after about twenty minutes had passed and I sighed

before I tried sitting up. I groaned and held my side before I looked up just to notice that Elder Zee didn't look too happy. Carson glanced at me before he set the bag of food down in the kitchen.

"I'm gonna head on out." Carson announced. Elder Zee didn't say anything. Dylan exchanged a nod with

Carson as he headed for the door and I smiled at him. "Get better, Ghosty." Carson patted my head before he walked through the front door, leaving Elder Zee's house for the day.

"What was that all about?" I looked to Elder Zee, to see if he'd say anything. He just handed us our

sandwiches before he walked back into the kitchen to get his own sandwich. Dylan and I exchanged a glance and ate our sandwiches in silence.

*****

"Dylan, the elders will be coming soon." Dylan nodded and got up from the couch. "Thank you for

keeping Melanie company." Dylan smiled a little and nodded to him again. Dylan knelt down so his face was in front of mine; I was laying down on the couch again.

"Why'd you come back?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him as I sent him the thought.

"Because you took care of me when I was hurt." Dylan tucked the hair out of my face and smiled at me.

"Thank you." I smiled at him and he stroked my cheek with his thumb before standing up and leaving

Elder Zee's house.

"So," I grunted as I sat up on the couch. "What happened when you and Carson-"

"He shouldn't have treated you in that way. He knows that is never how you should treat a pack member,

no matter how difficult they're being." Elder Zee looked up at me with angry eyes and I frowned. "You should have told me, Melanie."

"Well I just saw it as him doing his job." Elder Zee's face became a little redder. "Elder Zee, he knows he

shouldn't have done it, he even told me that himself, can you just let it go?"

He let out a big sigh before looking down. "Fine."

"How's my beautiful granddaughter doing?" Elder Bates walked into the house with a big smile and his

arms opened to me. I held my arms up and hugged my grandpa.

"Better I guess." I smiled at him as the other elders pilled into the house.

"Dinner is ready." Elder Zee announced.

*****

"You've got to be kidding me." Elder Bates murmured as Elder Mason yelled, "We have to do

something!"

I sat and ate my steak quietly as all of the elders fought about what they should do about Rick. The meal

had only been going for ten minutes and I was already getting fed up with all of the yelling; no one was being rational.

I took a drink of my root beer and made sure to set done my glass so that the sound would be  prominent.

The elders all stopped and turned to me; I was seated at the end of the table with Elder Bates sitting across from me. Elder Jonas and Manson were  sitting to my left and Elder Stone and Zee were sitting to my right; Elder Zee was sitting next to my grandfather as he after is.

Elder Bates, being ranked highest of the five elders, motioned towards me to speak. "Yes, Melanie?"

"I think you all have a fair point. Elder Bates is right about this whole situation being ridiculous," I

motioned to each of the elders as I spoke their point. "Elder Manson is correct about something needing to be done about it and that if he won't take action now then you five should, Elder Zee's point, although not favored as much by the rest of you, is also fair because Rick is the alpha, it's up to him." Elder Zee glared at me just the slightest; even though he does treat me like a niece or granddaughter, he feels I shouldn't be making the decisions until I am the alpha.

I took in a breathe before turning to Elder Jonas. "Elder Jonas figures that Rick and I should make the

decision together, because it'll help prepare me for when I am to be alpha, but since I was the focus of the second incident we've had this month, it would seem I only want to take action now because I was the main target."

I turned to Elder Stone and  looked him in the eye as I expressed my opinion on his stand. Elder Stone is

more stubborn and rock solid with his beliefs than the other elders, so I knew he'd be the hardest to convince. "Elder Stone feels Rick should be over thrown completely, not only with this decision, but he feels he should be taken out of his power before I have chosen my mate." Elder Stone just blinked at me in response. "That however, would not go over well at all." He narrowed his eyes, wanting more explanation and to see if I knew what I was talking about. "Rick would act out, he'd be completely enraged that you would even consider this. It is also against tradition. The Ghost Wolf is not to take on role as alpha until he or she has found their mate during the ages of seventeen and eighteen. If you were to take Rick out of his power, there would be a riot, because tradition is broken and because there was no fair trial." I turned to the rest of the table with my last statement. "If you chose this action, it will indeed end with the worse possible outcome of them all." I looked at all of the elders again before I returned to eating my steak.

*******************************************************************

Ut oh, Elder Zee isn't very happy with what Carson did... Melanie sure seems to know what she's talking about though. That dinner was pretty intense! I can't wait for her to be alpha though, but that won't be for a while!! Do you guys want more Carson?? And what do you think the elders should do about Rick??? Comment and Vote please!!! :D :D

Continue Reading