Recovering Love: Decisions, D...

By QuietAuthor99

Kate just found out that her mom has been shot by her stepdad. Now both, her and her mom, are in the Salt Lak... More

Recovering Love: Decisions, Decisions, and More Decisions
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 10

3 1 0
By QuietAuthor99

Kate

It took almost two hours to find the “perfect outfit” for me to wear on my date tonight. I was exhausted considering I was not used to shopping for that long for things for myself. I had to admit that it felt good, especially with my mom by my side shopping with me. 

“Hey, you okay,” my mom asked me. 

“Never better,” I assured her. 

“Oh, really,” she asked. 

“Yes, why do you ask?”

“You seem nervous,” she told me. 

“It’s probably the fact that I don’t like shopping,” I said. 

“Or it could be the fact that you’re still waiting for Christian to walk out of your life like Ronnie did,” my mom pointed out. 

“Something along those lines,” I admitted. There was no reason as to why I should lie to my mom. 

“Do you want to talk?” Her question caught me off guard. Did I want to talk to my mom? It seemed like there was too much to say, but yet not enough words. 

“Maybe a little bit of talking won’t hurt,” I said. I wasn’t too sure what I said made sense, but I didn’t really care. “Mom, whatever I say don’t blame yourself, okay?” She nodded her head and then I continued. “It’s just, how can I trust anyone after what I had to live through while I was growing up? I often ask myself if I’ll ever be able to love and be loved by someone.”

“What about Christian,” she asked me confusedly. 

“Don’t get me wrong, I think I love him. How can I know for sure, though? Love has always been something that has hurt me in the past, and now all I can think is that it’s going to hurt me again. Why should I trust even just the idea of love anymore? I look at how Christian treats me like a freaking queen, and it makes me feel bad. Mom, I don’t deserve Christian, and when I look at how much he adores me it makes me feel horrible because I know I don’t deserve any of it. Most guys would probably have left me by now, but Christian took my past and accepted me without a second thought. Whenever I bring up the fact that I’m still waiting for him to leave, he shows me how much he loves me. I know that I’m not saying anything that makes sense and I’m sorry for that. I guess that I just said all of that just to make myself feel better.”

“Wow, Kate,” my mom was obviously at a lost for words. 

“I’m sorry I made you listen to that,” I said quietly. 

“I’m your mother, I’m supposed to listen to you,” my mom pointed out. 

“Thanks,” I said with a small smile. Just then Aunt Caren walked towards us. 

“I hate to interrupt, but we should probably be heading back to the house,” she told me and my mom. 

“Of course,” my mom said. So we walked outside, got into the car, and left the mall to go back to Aunt Caren’s house. 

Christian

It had been more than three hours since Kate, Kate’s mom, and my Aunt Caren had left to go shopping when they finally came back. 

“Christian, we’re home,” Kate called out to me as all of them walked in through the front door. 

“Hey, did you have fun,” I asked her as I walked up to her and gave her a kiss. 

“It wasn’t too bad,” she told me. I led her upstairs while ignoring the protests of my sweet aunt. 

She kept nagging at me saying that Kate needed to get ready for our date all the way until both me and Kate were out of hearing distance. 

“Christian, what are you doing,” Kate asked me. I led her to the guest bedroom we were staying in and locked the doors behind us. 

“I think that we need a few minutes to ourselves,” I smirked. 

“Okay,” she laughed. 

“You know,” I said thoughtfully, “once we get back to Mt. Pleasant we need to have a lot more of ‘us’ time,” I told her. 

Once both of us we’re both done with all of our online schooling, and whatever else we absolutely have to do, I planned on spending a lot more time with just Kate. Don’t get me wrong, I like hanging out with Nick, Nate, and Brittney, but Kate and I needed our time together. 

“Christian, it’s getting close to five and your aunt said something about us leaving by six so I think that you should probably let me go and get ready,” Kate said pulling me out of my thoughts. 

“Fine, I’ll let you go for now but for no longer than an hour,” I said. 

“Got it,” she said. I kissed her one last time before she headed downstairs. 

“Do you think that Kate’s the only one who needs to get dressed up,” my Aunt Caren asked as she entered the room. 

“I thought that you were helping Kate get ready,” I said confusedly.

“I was, but I bought you this so that it’s not only Kate who looks nice.” She handed me a bag. I looked in it and pulled out a black button down shirt. 

“Wow, I was expecting a tuxedo,” I said. 

“I know you hate tuxedos, and I don’t blame you for that,” my Aunt Caren told me. 

“Well thanks for the shirt,” I said with a smile.

“I’m gonna go help Kate get ready, I’ll see you in about forty-five minutes,” she said before leaving the room once again. 

“Thanks again,” I yelled after her. 

“You’re welcome,” she yelled back. 

Kate

It only took about forty-five minutes to get me ready for my date with Christian. Once I was totally ready Christian’s aunt went to get him from upstairs while I waited downstairs with my mom. I don’t really know why Christian’s aunt and my mom were making such a big deal out of our date considering we’d been out together before. It must have something to do with Christian, I thought silently to myself. He probably asked them to do something that made me feel special seeing as he already told me that tonight was planned so that me missing out on Christmas and my birthday would be made up for. 

“Kate, we’re ready for you,” Aunt Caren shouted from the living room. I swear that everybody’s acting like it’s our prom night. 

Christian

My breath caught in my throat as I watched Kate walk slowly into the living room. She was dressed in a beautiful knee length, strapless red dress. Dang, did she look good in red. She had white heels on and her long, dark brown hair was curled. 

“Wow, you look amazing,” I said not taking my eyes off of her for even a millisecond. 

“Like what you see,” she smirked. 

“Everybody uses that a little too much,” I told her with a smirk of my own. “Anyway, I adore what I see because it’s you. 

“Okay,” my Aunt Caren sighed, “you two better get going.” 

“Okay, thanks for everything,” I told her. At that, Kate, my Uncle Tom, our chaperone, and I left. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.8K 2 23
Katelyn lost her father, she moves to a new state with her Mum in search of a better life watch what happens next in this epic teen romance
434 44 10
Lexi's life has never been normal. Considering both her parents were secret agents, she has been on top secret missions basically all of her life. Wh...
237 0 11
The fall had been a big mood ring for Oskar. Breaking the school rules he gets almost expelled from school, but it brings him and Aaron together for...
80.8K 2.1K 51
Getting broken up with was one thing Aliana Haven was used to. Her first years of High School mostly consisted of heartbreaking break-ups. But on top...