Recovering Love: Decisions, D...

By QuietAuthor99

Kate just found out that her mom has been shot by her stepdad. Now both, her and her mom, are in the Salt Lak... More

Recovering Love: Decisions, Decisions, and More Decisions
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 9

3 0 0
By QuietAuthor99

Kate

I woke up the next morning to the sound of the bedroom door closing. I looked up to see Christian standing by the door. 

“Good morning, sleeping beauty,” he smiled at me. He walked over to where I was lying, and then he leaned over and kissed my forehead. 

“Morning,” I said groggily. 

“Did you sleep good,” he asked me. 

“Yeah,” I told him. 

“Are you ready to go home?”

“Yeah,” I answered. “Although, has Dr. Grey called to confirm that my mom’s being released from the hospital today?”

“Yeah, he called about an hour ago when you were still sleeping. He said that we can go pick your mom up in a few hours and to talk about what we’ll have to do for the next few weeks once you get her home.” 

“Okay, I’m going to take a shower and get ready for the day,” I told him. “Quick question, though, how are we getting back to Mt. Pleasant,” I asked. 

“My aunt and uncle are going to take us back,” he answered. 

“Okay, I’ll be back in a few minutes,” I replied. 

Christian

I wanted to do something special for Kate, but I didn’t know exactly what there was I could do. 

“Aunt Caren,” I called. 

“I’m in the kitchen,” my aunt Caren called back to me. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen. 

“Aunt Caren, can you help me out with something,” I asked her. 

“Sure,” she smiled at me. “What do you need help with?”

“Well, I want to do something special for Kate before we leave, but I don’t know what I want to do exactly.” 

“I don’t think that I can really help you,” she said. “I mean, I don’t really know what she likes or what you qualify as “special”.” 

Kate

I was so ready to go home and be done with hospitals for a very long time. 

“Hey,” Christian said as he walked into the room. 

“Hi,” I replied. He walked up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. 

“What you doing,” he asked curiously. 

“Just thinking,” I answered. 

“About what,” he asked. 

“How I am so ready to be home and away from hospitals for a while. What are you doing?”

“Well, I was thinking that if you want to we could stay here for one more night,” he said. 

“Why,” I asked suspiciously. What was he up to? 

“I’m going to take you out for a little relaxation time before you have to start doing all of your schooling,” he informed me with a smile. 

“Oh,” I said. “What about my mom, though?”

“Don’t worry, I talked to her and she said that as long as my aunt’s okay with us staying her, then she’s okay with it too,” he told me. 

“Okay,” I said slowly, dragging out the word. 

“Know why else I want to take you out,” he asked me. 

“No, but I have a feeling that you’re going to tell me,” I said. 

“Because it just so happens that you missed both Christmas and your birthday and I think that that should be made up to you,” he replied with a smile. 

“I guess I did, didn’t I,” I muttered. 

“Yeah, but don’t worry about those things because I’m going to totally make it up to you tonight,” he told me. 

“It doesn’t matter since I’ve never thought much about them anyway,” I said. 

“So I’m guessing you really don’t care about missing out on them,” Christian stated. 

“Not at all,” I sighed. 

“Okay, but I’m still making it up to you,” he smiled. 

“You don’t have to,” I told him. 

“Nope, no matter what you say I still will care about it,” he replied. “Kate, your birthday should be at least somewhat of a big deal.”

“Not to me,” I said. 

“If you say so,” he shrugged. 

“So what are you planning for us to do tonight?”

“I was thinking that we could possibly go see a movie, and then afterwards we could go out to a nice dinner,” he answered. 

“Sounds good,” I said with a small smile. 

Christian

I was determined that Kate would have a good time tonight. Not only did she missed out on Christmas and her birthday, but she’s also been extremely stressed out the past few months. 

“What are you thinking about,” Kate asked me curiously. We were lying on the bed and relaxing for a little bit before we had to head to the hospital to pick her mom up. 

“Nothing,” I told her. 

“Really, because you look like you’re deep in though about something,” she said. 

“Nope, my brain is totally empty,” I smiled down at her. 

“Wow,” she laughed. 

“I think that it’s time that we go and get your mom, what do you think?”

She smiled up at me and said, “Heck yeah.” 

Miranda

Dr. Grey came into the room a little bit before Kate and Christian arrived. He told me that even though my injuries were almost healed I still had to be careful. I had already talked to Christian and his Aunt Caren. They had explained that Christian was going to take Kate out on a date. He said that they probably wouldn’t be home until pretty late in the night so we had arranged to stay the night and leave in the morning. I looked up to see that Kate and Christian walking into the room. 

“Hey, you ready to leave,” Kate asked me with a smile. 

“You have no idea,” I told her. 

“I think I do,” she laughed. 

“Oh, really,” I asked skeptically. 

“Um yeah, I’m pretty sure that I’ve spent almost as much- time in the hospital as you have.” 

“Okay, you win,” I relented with a small laugh. 

“I know I do,” Kate smirked. 

“Well aren’t you a smart butt,” I told her. 

“Yep,” she replied. Dr. Grey walked into the room, and we all looked up. 

“Well, Miranda, it looks like you’re free to go,” he smiled at me. 

“It’s about gosh dang time,” I said. 

Kate

My mom was finally able to leave the hospital. 

“It’s only ten o’clock in the morning,” my mom pointed out, “so what do you want to do?”

Christian, my mom, and I were sitting in the kitchen at Christian’s Aunt Caren’s house. 

“Christian, your Uncle Tom needs some help in the garage,” his aunt told him as she walked into the kitchen. 

“Okay, I’ll go help him then,” Christian said. He got up, kissed the top of my head, and then left to go out to the garage. 

“Good, now that leaves us alone,” Aunt Caren said. “Miranda, do you feel well enough to go shopping?”

“For what,” my mom asked. 

“Well, I was thinking that we should go shopping for some things that Kate should wear tonight since I don’t think she packed any date night clothes,” Aunt Caren said. 

“Oh, I totally almost forgot all about that,” my mom laughed. 

“Yeah, so what do both of you say to a day of shopping?”

“Sure,” I agreed. 

“Let’s do it,” my mom squealed excitedly. 

Christian

“What’d you need help with,” I asked my Uncle Tom as I walked into the garage. 

“What do you mean,” he asked obviously confused. 

“Aunt Caren told me that you needed my help,” I answered. 

“She used that as an excuse to talk to Kate and her mom about shopping,” my Uncle Tom laughed. 

“Oh, they’re going shopping?”

“I guess, I really didn’t want to question her about anything concerning the topic,” he informed me. 

“Don’t worry, I don’t blame you. As long as you don’t need my help I think that I’m going to go lie down and take a nap.” At that I walked back into the house. Aunt Caren, Kate, and Kate’s mom were already gone. 

I walked up towards the room that Kate and I had been staying in. I was exhausted, but I couldn’t seem to fall asleep. I wondered if it had something to do with the fact that Kate and me were going home tomorrow. My phone started going off signaling that I had a message. The message was from Nate, and it read: 

Hey, where’s Kate? Both Brittney and Nick are trying to get a hold of her, but they can’t and it’s really freaking them out [N@+3]

I quickly replied with: 

Hey, Kate’s out shopping with her mom and my Aunt Caren //Chri$tian//

Really, how come? [N@+3]

I’m taking her out on a date tonight and she has no date clothes so yeah. By the way, you can inform the two worry warts that we’ll be home tomorrow //Chri$tian//

I think that I’ll keep it to myself so that they don’t overreact [N@+3]

Okay, I’m going to go and try to get some sleep. I guess that I’ll see you tomorrow //Chri$tian//

Yep, see you tomorrow [N@+3]

I put down my phone and instantly fell asleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90K 3.3K 33
**Sequel to Coach's Daughter** It is highly recommended that you read that first. __ *Coming May of 2019* Blurb- •There's a reason BF stands for boyf...
65.4K 2.3K 31
Kate has finally reached her senior year, the last year of high school life. She was looking forward to it because this is the year where everything...
434 44 10
Lexi's life has never been normal. Considering both her parents were secret agents, she has been on top secret missions basically all of her life. Wh...
1M 36.4K 42
"Forever was a simple promise before it became a difficult task" Your first love is always the hardest to let go of, which is why Delilah and Mason h...