The Cold Star |Seventeen FF |

By BlueChipMochi

☆Highest rank : #3 Seventeen #9 Hoshi #1 Depress #6 Wonwoo #3 Jun #1 Sebong #14 dk #4 Hoshi ☆NEWEST RANK : #2... More

1: Rude
2: Uncle
3: Beginning
4: Lie
5: Unexpected
6: Detention
7: Choked
8: Secret
9: Project
10: Stay
11: Sick
12: Nightmare
13: Limp
14: Care
15: Gang
16: Past
17: Miss
18: Night trip
19: Reunion
20: Calamity
21: No one
•ANNOUNCEMENT•
22 : Sleep
23: Suspiscious
24: Ignored
25: Rashes
26: Book
27: Regret
28: Monday
29: 3 Years Ago
30: Feeling
31: Crush
32: Dating
33: Fall
34: Pretty
35: Despise
36: Kill
37: Planned
38: Now
39: Coward
40: Stranger
41: IQ test
42: Forever
43: Past lover
44: Triggering
45: Kind
46: Little date
47: Report
48: Hope
49: Monster
50: A mess
51: Hae
52: Empty
53: Apology
54: Healing
55: Special
56: Game on
57: Ice Cream
59: Proud
60: Decision
61: Trust
62: Emergency
63: Out of time
64 : Home
65: Not anymore
66: The Favour
67: Favourite girl
68: Final
THANKS TO

58: Aware

1.1K 38 30
By BlueChipMochi

Haeun's dream

Because of the medicine, I felt so drowsy as my lids felt heavy and I couldn't open my eyes properly. I didn't know how much time I had blacked out since my panic attack, but all I knew when I awaked, was someone entered my room just after the nurse walked out.

My mind was burning in curiousity to see the face of that person. Everything was blurred.

I still couldn't open my eyes but the next thing that fluttered my heart was the voice that I truly recognized. It was Wonwoo's deep voice.

"You know, Haeun... I'm glad that you appeared in my life.," He clasped my hand tighter. "Please keep our promise, stay with me until forever..."

He continued to talk but strangely I couldn't remember that part as if it has been deleted from my memory box. Everything blurred.

"Goodbye, get well soon."He leaned into me slowly and kissed the top of my head before walked away.

------------------------

I unwrapped the oreo flavoured ice cream as Wonwoo walked out from the store towards me with a black plastic bag in his hand. He fixed his mask on his face and pulled it down a little. It looked so tempting somehow.

I was so curious to see his whole face.

We started to walk again as we intended to chill by the Hangang park. There was an awkward silence between us as we were just strolling around, not knowing what to say while I was enjoying the ice cream alone.

"How have you been? I heard from Hoshi that you're doing better." Wonwoo broke the silence, as we reached Hangang and sat at the stairs.

While I sat beside him, finishing the last bite of my ice cream deliciously. I licked my lips clean before turning to Wonwoo.

"I guess so, Wonwoo.." I sighed.

"I just realized that there's a lot more to be appreciated around me, and learn the difference between who to let go and who to be patient with, " I told him, but my eyes focused on the night city view in front of me.

"I'm so relieved, Haeun." He mumbled under his breath.

"You did a good choice, your father is someone who doesn't worth your tears. You had enough with him so it's the best to let that hatred go. Even he doesn't deserve an apology though," He added and I pursed my lips at him.

"Tch, what do you know about my father to say that.."

"I know just how hard you think and worry before you make decision. I'm always on your side. Feeling the happiness, socializing, and your future life, it won't be easy. But I'll root for you, stay with you."

Upon hearing his reply, I felt my body relaxed in huge relief. It sent me a shiver down through my spine as he sounded so genuine as if he deeply understand me. But because I was speechless of his words, I took my time to process his words. There was a pause before I let out a mocking chuckle.

"Mwoya, didn't know that you'll get overreacted too like uncle Jaehun, " I commented, glancing at him with an amusemed gaze.

"It's purely because we care about you, Haeun. " He looked at me like I had gone crazy.

"But anyway, aren't you suppose to be at training centre? As far as I knew, no one is allowed to go in and out the dorm freely." I pointed out, raising my brows at him.

"Yup, they'll ask us to clean the whole gym if we do." Wonwoo chuckled and shook his head, " But, I have an emergency situation at home so my coach let me to take a day break." Wonwoo exhaled slightly, and I immediately took it as a serious matter.

"Why? What happen?" I asked concernly.

"My mother fell sick and there's no one to take care of her. I can't let her alone at home." He was calmed as he replied me.

"That's bad, is she okay now? How about your father?" I asked again. This time I noticed he shifted uncomfortably.

Wonwoo was staring at me so long, like there was something bothering him. He looked away before he turned back at me.

"Yeah, she's okay now. Don't worry, Haeun. And it's just the two of us, my parents had divorced since years ago."

As soon as I heard him, I was taken aback at the news. My expression slowly faded and darkened. His gaze dropped, like he was in pain because of my question.

"I'm sorry, Wonwoo.. I don't know about that."

I clasped his hand and gave an assuring squeeze on his hand.

"No, it's okay." Wonwoo said, a hint of tiredness in his voice.

"You'd must be in a stressful time, aren't you Wonwoo? " I guessed as I beamed at him with a meaningful gaze.

"You knows me so well, Haeun." Wonwoo mumbled and his eyes curved as he smiled before heaved out a sigh.

"You love playing games, right? You seriously need to release that stress. How about we go to arcade now? I know a best place to go." I suggested with raised brows as the idea suddenly crossed my mind.

To be honest, I missed sneaking out of the house in the midnight without Hoshi and Jaehun's awareness to spend my time at the arcade. It's been awhile since I went there, so I felt up to bring Wonwoo over.

He didn't even take his time to consider it because his eyes instantly lit up hearing my words.

"Sounds great ! I've been waiting this time to arrive again," Wonwoo immediately stood up which caused me to grimace at his childish excitement.

"Ahh hurry up~ " He pulled me up by holding my hands and I sluggishly obeyed.

-------------------------------------

"Okay, this place looks awesome," Wonwoo froze at the entrance as his eyes scanned the whole arcade in disbelief. He sounded like a 5 year-old kid who just found a new world.

I laughed at his cute reaction and clasped his hand with mine. "Oh, come on, Wonwoo. Let's have some fun."

I pulled him inside and he trailed behind me. I could notice that Wonwoo was surprised that I held him when exactly one hour ago I just rejected his touch.

He didn't do anything..That's only a dream, Haeun..

"Welcome! Oh, it's you. It's been awhile since you come here." The owner greeted us as we went to the counter to get the coins.

"Did you and Hoshi always come here?" Wonwoo asked as we were still pondering which game should we play first.

"No, mostly I came alone," I shook my head," and sometimes I play with Mingyu. Hoshi doesn't even know this place exist."

"Ah..Mingyu..."

I looked around to find a game to play first but it didn't take long because a familiar voice whisperes at the back of my mind. Shooting game, he likes to play shooting game.

"Wonwoo, let's try the shooting game!" I shouted and dragged him along with me. I inserted the coins, but Wonwoo remained mute as he was having the far look with a scowl appeared on his forehead.

"Wonwoo-yah, Wonwoo," I shook his body as he didn't budge when I was calling his name. He finally back to his sense.

"Oh, yeah, should we play this?" He cleared his throat and sat beside me in the small room, avoiding my stare as I looked at him with a questioning eyes.

"You don't like it? Should we play another game?" I asked silently, but enough to be heard by him. He turned to me while holding onto that gentle expression again as he ruffled my hair.

"You've never change," He chuckled, "Aniya.. we'll play this, this is my favourite anyway . Let the game on." Wonwoo rolled his shoulders.

I smiled at this, then I proceeded controlling the gun and we started the game.

For the entire time in the room, I was squelling - but more to shouting like an old man at how intense the game was. Not to mention, Wonwoo couldn't help but kept laughing when I almost cussed because of the loud sound effect in the room, but despite all that, we did make a good team and won the game.

"Nice game, Wonwoo." I simply commented as we stepped out from the small room and fist bumpes with him.

"Of course, Haeun. No one could beat me in any arcade game," Wonwoo chuckled and slowly showing his mischievous gaze at me.

"And also on winning you."

I turned to look at him when he reached out his hand caress my head gently. There was a moment of staring silence before I rolled my eyes at his sudden cockiness.

"Stop it," I punched his stomach lightly which made him let out a chuckle.

"Haeun, let's try that," Wonwoo said, pointing to the Tekken 5 machine. When I saw it, I smiled ever so widely.

"You sure you wanna go against me with this game, Wonwoo? I'm really good at that, you know." I smirked.

He raised his brows, "Ooh, you just triggered me, KimHae. Okay let see who'll win!"

In half an hour, we moved constantly from one game to another and bought some drinks to relief our sore throats from too much screaming.

Until there was the claw machines corner that caught my eyes. It was more to the cute toy inside the machine that pulling me to there.

"Wonwoo, can you get me that? Please say yes, because that friend inside is literally calling me! " I pleaded with my puppy eyes as I clasped my hand under my chin and pointed at a cat toy inside the shelf.

Wonwoo laughed, somehow amused at my request.

"Do you want that? Yeah why not! I will give you everything you want, this is just a piece of cake." He replied with a confident voice and cracked his knuckles. With that, my mouth quirked up into a satisfied smile.

Along the struggles, I continued cheering on Wonwoo , at the same time, I would mock him too when he failed to grab the toy using the claw.

"I thought you were great! Come on Wonwoo! " I whined playfully. His brows immediately squinted as the burning desire was boiling in his eyes.

"Yah! Just wait and see. I will get that for you no matter what." He huffed before inserted another coins into the slot.

Yes, he did spend over $20 trying to get me that cat plushie in the claw machine.

----------------

WONWOO POV:

"Let's go, Haeun. I will walk you back to home," I came back to Haeun with an umbrella.

When we were about to go home, we just found out that it was raining outside the store. We couldn't hear anything as we were in the arcade that boomed with all the sound effects from the games. There's no convenience store nearby and the owner was so kind to lend us her umbrella.

"Kaja, you'll be late to arrive to your dorm." She went close to my side as the umbrella was a bit small for two of us before we started to walk.

A proud smile slowly spread across my lips as I never expected I could witness this side of Haeun again after a long time. I missed playing at the arcade with her.

"Wonwoo, your shoulder got into rain!"

I was knocked out my thoughts when I saw Haeun was adjusting the umbrella so it would be centre on top of us. I didn't even realize that I leaned the umbrella mostly to her side as my shoulder was now wet.

"Wonwoo-yah, I swear stop dazing away too much! Aish, you have an upcoming race, so you can't get sick." Haeun whined again as she showed her unapproval expression at me.

I threw my head, laughing out loud, though there wasn't anything funny. I just had fun spending time with her.

"Haeun-ah, don't hurt my pride. Trust me, I can handle the rain. I won't get sick easily." I looked at her and convinced her with my raising brow.

Haeun huffed out a mocking sigh and pursed her lips," Hmm, someone who is wearing mask because of his allergy clearly says that."

My happy smile immediately gone as she said that. It felt like I had been hit by an imaginary rock on my head. I shut my eyes in realization as I slipped my mouth.

"Ah..right.. I forgot about that." I mumbled.

Haeun chuckled, "Anyway, thank you, for this cat plush. I will keep this in my room." She glanced up at me with the toy in her hold.

"No, thank you Haeun," I said, a soft smile drawn on my face as I looked into her beautiful eyes deeply. Thank you for coming back into my life.

"Today was fun. You found a great place. It was such a pleasure to have this quality time with you. My stress is now gone and I feel like I have more motivation to do my training tomorrow." I told her those words sincerely and put my arm around her shoulder.

Back to three years ago, when she wasn't by my side, it had led me to become more rebel towards myself. I had became selfish and self-centered, which also the reason why Mingyu and I ignoring each other.

I hated to admit it, but God knows why, my mother would always pressure me in everything. She would tend to brain-wash me with the privilege being a national athlete, due to which I secretly went to a competition without telling Mingyu and Minghao.

In the past, Haeun would always be the adviser and my supporter to point out what's the best. It was actually quite funny. My mother didn't know, that the girl she hated the most, was the person who would always convince me over everything of her decision towards me.

"I hope your team can make it to final. You guys are doing great by passing the preliminary round. I think the girls in our school will go crazy if you guys win." Her eyes crinckled in amusement.

"Including that bitch, Somin." An annoyance laced in her voice as she smirked. I only laughed hearing the cuss as it felt nostalgic to me.

"Thank you. But you're wrong, Haeun. I just need you to feel proud of my achievements." I confessed, making Haeun slightly turn to look at me.

"Wonwoo-yah, I think you will at least get a girl's number with those pickup lines." She gave me an immediate answer while squinting her eyes on me.

"You must have heard from the boys, that I rejected every girls that had confessed their feelings on me, Haeun." I told her and she snapped up to look at me in realization.

"That's it. Why though? Does there no any girl that you like?" Haeun pursed her lips and exhaled a disbelief sigh.

I slowly let out a knowing smile at her. There was only one girl that I fell in love with since fourth grade, and it was none other than herself, Kim Haeun.

"No?" Haeun flickered her curious gaze on me when she saw a meaningful smile on my eyes.

I smiled wider but shook at her. Probably the time would come for her to figure it out herself. And I just hope it would end up good. I removed my hand around her shoulder, but instead, I held firmly onto her hand.

"I won't make it to the curfew if we walk with this pace. Let's speed up."

Haeun did not look a but convincing by my words at all as she scrunched her nose, but she listened to me anyway.

The next fifteen minute, we finally reached in front of her house. It was thirty minutes before my curfew. I closed the umbrella as we stayed under the shelter of her front gate. While Haeun brushed off the rain on her cloth.

"I'm sorry Wonwoo, you have to walk with me and now go back to the training centre. If you want, I can ask uncle Jaehun to drive you there." She suggested kindly.

"It's okay, Haeun. It was great hanging out with you." I assured her while patting her head. "I will get on taxi from here."

"Are you sure? Just don't get into rain okay. And don't feel pressure too much, you guys are going to do very well in the race for sure." She spoke calmly, with encouraging smile on her lips.

"Don't know that you trust us that much." I chuckled and shook my head.

"Why not? Trust me, all of my friends are amazing. I saw how you have been very busy practicing with Coach Jin. Mingyu and Minghao is very passionate in this. There's no way you guys would fail." Haeun looked straight onto me, her brown eyes shone with so much sincerity as she smiled at me.

I stared at her so long, and I felt my heart skipped a beat. Kim Haeun was the person on this earth that I was truly grateful for. I swear it had been so long since I last heard her motivational words.

The last time I remembered, it was during my last race with her, three years ago. This was why I never understand why my mother despised Haeun. Whenever I felt like giving up, she would always be right there, silently supported me. For a moment here, I really felt like I was back to our gool old days again, which I hope would be continued forever.

"You never fail to make my heart pound like crazy, Haeun." I let out those words as I fixed her hair a little. "Take all the time you need to heal, please know that I know you better than everyone else, so come to me if you are hurting inside."

She looked quite surprised when I suddenly brought up the topic. I could slearly see the hesitation in her eyes. Haeun had her brows knotted, looking even more confused. I knew she had no clue to speak anything, as her gaze dropped.

I chuckled under my breath when I couldn't handle her cuteness anymore. I was going to held it in but it was killing my pride when Haeun seemed to be close with Mingyu more than I expected.

Then, I put my hand on her eyes, closing it and made sure she couldn't see me. Knowing that the usual temper would come after, I quickly pulled my mask down and kissed her lips.

"I love you, Hae. See you soon."

------------------

HAEUN POV:

"Wow, it will be my very first time watching volleyball match." I commented as Seungkwan and I took a seat at the VIP area. Seungkwan came to sit next to me with snacks in his hand.

" I couldn't sleep last night because I'm so excited for today. We kinda got here on time." Seungkwan said enthusiastically.

"Here," He gave me a stick of corndog which I was surprised to receive it. Because literally just ten minutes ago he refused greatly to buy me that. I stared at him with a raised brow.

"You may be a brat, but your puppy dog eyes are pretty persuasive." Seungkwan said, with a slightly pouty mouth. I think he was cute at the moment.

"Thank you, Kwan-ah." I chuckled and he joined to laugh after that.

"Ah, after you went to my house last time, my mom said that she really like you. Although, she don't even know how rude you can be.." Seungkwan smirked at me while shaking his head. I let out a dry scoff and rolled my eyes at him.

"Mrs.Boo must have a good eyes on people. She can tell right away that I'm nice and pretty on our first meeting." I smirked back which made him frowned in disbelief.

"Where the hell you got the confident from?" He sighed heavily.

"Stop denying the fact Seungkwan."

"Well, I just hope you state a fact, not a bluff." Seungkwan grimaced before glaring at me.

"Come on, you know it's true." I said, and he knew that I won't give up until he admit it. He squinted his eyes at me before ended up laughing.

"Arasseo, arasseo! Injeong (I acknowledge it). Anyway, my mother invited you to have a dinner with us next week, Mingyu will come too as he will done with the race." He informed me, smiling warmly as if he was looking forward for the dinner.

"Y-yeah, sure." I mumbled, and shifted on my seat restlessly.

My heart pounded hard against my chest as Mingyu's name remind me to the image of Wonwoo on that night, flashed into my mind.

His deep voice as he whispered softly onto my ears, with the name he called me, it never failed to make me felt a tight knot inside my stomach. It couldn't be a merely coincident but, it wasn't impossible too for someone to come out with that nickname. Because I remembered Minghao had tried to call me Hae before.

I love you Hae, see you soon.

My heartbeat stopped when I remembered that declaration from him. After that night, I tried my very best to pretend that his words didn't affet me at all, but I couldn't help the anxious and omnious feeling gnawing inside me.

But in all consciousness, I knew I should have felt sorry and triggered when he just confessed to me and also kissed me without my consent. I knew I should have just pushed him away. But strangely, I didn't feel any of that.

At this point, I was just curious. My life was absolutely dark under the shade of cloudy clouds. They literally saw me crumbled and saw me at my worst. I couldn't give them anything, yet those two handsome lad chose to like me instead of other bright girls out there. It was amusing, wasn't it?

I closed my eyes for a moment and pressed my back against the seat to erase all those chaotic thoughts and clear my mind from all the confusion. Not today when it supposed to be an enjoyable day with Seungkwan.

"Haeun,"

A tap on my shoulder snapped me out from my own world. I looked up and saw Seungkwan was looking back with a frown.

"Are you okay? You looked like you were so deep in thoughts," He explained. Ignoring his questioning gaze, I quickly licked my lips and took a slurp of my drinks.

"I'm okay. I'm just dazing off meaninglessly." I laughed it off. I breathed out when Seungkwan didn't ask me further.

After a couple of minutes, the professional volleyball player entered the Jamsil Arena court. We were in the front row so we were so close to the players. I swear they were all very tall and lean.

It was a semi-final round of Heungkuk Life playing against KGC Insam Gongsa, team which Seungkwan support for.

The atmosphere was becoming very lively as the time past and not forgetting Seungkwan who was cheering so actively beside me while holding the slogan of his favourite team.

Heungkuk Life served to start the match, KGC scored first to go up 1-0. Then the team won that opening set 25-15. In the second set, KGC served up nine straight points to open the match with the Heungkuk Life ahead 9-0. I knew it's a cliche, but I was not sure there's a better way to describe the fifth and final set than calling it an emotional rollercoaster. I was also surprisingly got carried away and immersed into the game. Volleyball was so fun to watch and play.

After two hours and half, the game end with the winning of KGC Insam Gongsa team and they would play in the final against another strong team.

---------------------------------

"No regrets?" I asked Seungkwan as we were walking back home. We just came out from a cafe in Hongdae after eating our dinner together.

"Not at all! I will frame the signed jersey on the wall in my room." Seungkwan replied me almost immediately. His smiled ever so widely as he was so happy to had a picture with his favourite team and also their signs.

A proud smile formed on my lips. "See, you gotta thank me for that."

"Thank you so much Haeun! I'm so grateful for you to get me the VIP tickets and most importantly, accompanying me to watch the match together." He said cheekily , doing his aegyo as he clinged onto my arm.

"That's cringe, tch." I beamed him a playful grimace and pushed him off from me.

"So I've granted my promise Haeun, to hang out with you."

"Yeah, it unexpectedly comes true."I replied with a faint smile. I thought it won't be happened because for the last few weeks that had been exhausted for me.

I thought they won't stay after saw me with my panic attack.

"Who else have you been hanging out with?" He asked again.

"Well, it just you, Mingyu and few days ago I met ... Wonwoo. He took a day off because his mother was sick." I mumbled out as if nothing happened that night.

I knew this kid next to me have a great sense like Jeonghan so I needed to be incredibly great to hide my emotion.

"Where did you go with Wonwoo hyung? Yah, if Mingyu hyung know about it, you'll be in trouble. Does he know?" Seungkwan turned to me, eyeing me curiously.

"We just went to arcade.. it was unplanned, and I was about to call Hansol but Wonwoo came." I explained.

"... there's nothing to be jealous though.. it's same as when I'm going out with you." I internally cussed myself when I didn't sound so convincing at all.

"Yah, of course going out with me and going out with Wonwoo hyung is different." He remarked exaggeratedly with his hands gesture.

"There's nothing. Both of you are my friends." I retorted and frowned at him, suddenly thinking that he was ridiculous.

"I told you before right, squishy? Wonwoo hyung likes you. And the fact that he'd never take interest to any girl but you, that's already clearly explain Wonwoo's feeling towards you." He told me as gaze in his eyes was so serious.

For a couple of minutes, I just continued looking at him in silence recognition as he knew about Wonwoo's feeling. I started to feel silent panic gushing inside me.

"Did you aware Haeun?"

"What?"

"Out of everyone at the hospital last time, Wonwoo hyung was the only one who can calm you down." Seungkwan reminded me with undecipher gaze and I got tensed up when he mentioned that.

It made me wonder about it again, Wonwoo succeed to calm me down but I couldn't remember how he did. What did he say to me that day?  As I was losing the piece of memory made me more frustrated and hurt.

It seemed to trigger the last string of me because I felt my chest tightened. Taking a deep breath and closed my eyes, I looked back to Seungkwan with a serious expression and an intense gaze.

"Can we not mention about that day?" I said, my voice resonate darkly as I stopped on my track and so as Seungkwan.

He became speechless as I noticed a fraction of surprised in his eyes.

"I don't know what happen in the past involving Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo, but do me a favor could you? Keep his feeling out, because you already know I like Mingyu, not him." I pleaded adamantly.

Without wasting any time, I walked ahead of him and left him behind.

Seungkwan, out of people should not asking me like that. He knew about my relationship with Mingyu. He should not make me feel miserable as if I cheated behind Mingyu's back.

"Haeun, wait!"

I heard him calling from behind but my steps never stopped. I wouldn't want ruin the day but I couldn't control my emotion. But the moment I made another step, I heard Seungkwan yelled and I stopped abruptly.

"Wait, isn't that Dokyeom hyung?!"

I turned around and followed his gaze only to spot a boy who looked familiar that was standing a little far away from the two of us. I squinted my eyes to focus on him.

Seungkwan turned to look at me, a terrified expression on his face.

"That's him. What's he doing there?"

A/N: Hello people ! So how do you think about this ? Give me your feedback ! I would gladly accept it in order to improve my writing and plots 💜

Stay safe !

Follow me on wattpad  BlueChipMochi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 68 12
"He is my brother first then he is your boyfriend." This single statement wrecks Seungcheol and Sangyeon's relations. Started: February 2023 Ended:
13.5K 307 43
[Completed] Most of them loved for what she was, well some hated too . While many wanted to make their way through her heart but there was already so...
482K 18.4K 69
She's a girl that lost her family in the blink of eye without hints with a sudden conflicts. She use two identities in order to find her family back...
15.1K 432 38
"Get lost , I'm not interested" "you'll be very soon. sweetheart" •• •• •• •• Y/n who ends u...