Blissful Despair ~> Tony Stark

By AlexandraGiovanni

Meet Valentina Montenegro, whose inevitable charm helped pave her road to fame. Being one of this decade's mo... More

Complications and Disappointments
Wicked Witch
Confusing Times
Choices
Threats
Taken
California
Love
Broken
Lies and Regrets
Tough Decisions
Absence
December 16th
Pain
A New Year
Dinner with the Montenegros
Bonding
Her
"You won't."
Meet the Boyfriend
The Ex-Boyfriend
"It's always gonna be you."
Uncertainty
Him & I
Sleeping Troubles
The End of Us
Party
Stay
Nothing Left to Lose
Tony
San Diego
Mentally Abused
The Ex's Advice
"Dear whatever the hell this is,"
"For you.."
Late Valentine's Day
Blame
Howard Stark
How It All Began
Compromise
44
Midnight Tears
Dying Out
Hospitals
Edward
One Year Later
The Photoshoot
Note
Epilogue

Introductions

63K 1.1K 967
By AlexandraGiovanni

A/N
I don't own any of the Avengers, Marvel does. I only own anything you're unfamiliar with.
Thank you for choosing to read my story, I hope you enjoy it❤️

  -Alexandra Giovanni

-------------/--------------/-----

        <Montenegro Law>

"I didn't do it, Miss Valentina." Sobbing uncontrollably with tears trickling down his cheek, the boy stared directly into my eyes and I knew he was speaking the truth.

"I promise you! I...I swear..just please....please help me." He cried again desperately trying to block back his tears.

"Colton, please calm down. I will help you, I believe you are innocent, and it's my job to prove that you're not guilty." I explained to the teenager who just nodded quickly still unable to stop his tears.

"You need to tell me exactly what happened. Can you do that Cole?" I asked him sweetly, and I could tell by his face that he was relaxing a bit. Sneaking a look at his mother, that stood across my office with a disapproving look on her face, I nodded in her direction, indirectly telling her that it was going to be okay.

"We were standing behind the church and...and we were playing, I never meant for it to get this far. We were playing with...with..." he stuttered

"Fire." I completed for him and he nodded slowly while looking at his mother. "Proceed." I ordered him as I scribbled important notes in my notebook. "And then it got out of control and...and Freddy...he was the one who pushed me away from the flames...he saved me, and he...and he..." The boy sobbed uncontrollably and I could tell that this was the best I could get out of him.

"He died." I stated while giving him a sympathetic look.

Well, if you haven't already guessed, I'm a lawyer. Helping people who cannot help themselves, giving a voice to the silent, is the main reason I actually chose this particular career.

"Thank you for your time Missus Green, I'll take it from here." I addressed his mother, who was still glaring daggers at her son. Nodding respectfully, she stepped out of my office with her son on her tail.

"Malcolm? Get me a cup of coffee." I ordered my secretary through the intercom.

"Long day?" He asked me while stepping inside with my coffee in his hands.

"Yeah." I sighed while trying to think of ways to solve my next case.

"I need you to run down to the station and bring me the footage of the night of the fire." I ordered him as I grabbed my bag from the couch. "And you're done for the day."

****
When I unlocked the door, I was surprised to see him here. "Hey, baby" He greeted me with a peck on the lips. Collapsing on the couch, I groaned in discomfort as I tried getting into a comfortable position. "Bad day at the office?" Seth asked me while picking up his laptop. "Oh, you have no idea."

Before I could start ranting about how bad my day was, Seth's phone rang disturbing the both of us.

"Walker." He bluntly answered.

Furrowing his eyebrows, he started pacing around the room looking for his stuff and I could tell that whoever was talking to him had really pissed him off.

Grabbing his gun from the table, I tossed it to him while he gave me a wink and an apologetic smile before charging outside.

Being a cop is tough, I'll give him that.

****

I was already deciding to call it a night before there was a loud banging on my front door. Dropping my toothbrush, I grabbed Seth's baseball bat and silently made my way downstairs, ready for an attack.

Opening the front door, I swung the bat forward only to stop midway once I saw the person's face.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I shouted, dropping the heavy bat on the wooden floor. "Couldn't you knock like a normal person?"

Instantly, I regretted every word I uttered once I saw his crest fallen expression. His beautiful features only portrayed sadness and hurt.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, knowing well enough that it's a stupid question. Of course he isn't.

"She left me." He finally spoke up, his voice hoarse as if he's been crying.

"Oh, sweetie." I smiled sympathetically at him and pulled him into a hug. Tony doesn't actually do hugs, so he just stood still, and although he smelled like booze, I couldn't seem to let him go in the state he was in.

"It's okay, Tony." I whispered in his ear as I heard him take a sharp intake of breath.

Tony never and I mean never opened up about his feelings to anyone. And I mean anyone. It's difficult for him, and I know that. He doesn't really need to tell me how he feels I just know... I know how broken he really is inside even though he hides it behind that fake cold exterior he shows to people.

I know how much it actually hurts him to know that he's always painted as the bad guy even when he tries to do some good. As strange as it sounds, Tony does care, and Tony does have feelings. He may not show them to everyone, but I'm so damn lucky to have him show them to me.

Now, he was standing on my front porch on the verge of tears because he lost the one woman he cared about. I don't know if he did love her. Tony never really did utter that word to anyone, but I think he did actually feel something for her.

Running my fingers through his dark, soft hair, my hand caught something weird. Pulling it out, I examined it while furrowing my eyebrows. A pill?

"Tony.." I spoke up and he hummed in response.

"Why is there a pill in your hair?"

In a second, he broke the hug and moved backwards rubbing his hair to remove traces of other pills.

"Tony?" I asked him again and he forced a smile.

"Nothing you have to worry about." He shrugged and I shook my head slowly.

"I'll always worry about you, Tone."

"Pepper threw them at me." He spoke up nonchalantly as if it were normal.

"Excuse me?" I asked again to make sure.

"Pepper threw them at me." He repeated it using the same tone.

"What are the pills for, Tony?" I asked hoping that he would answer me honestly.

"Nothing, they're not mine." He said while looking me in the eyes.

"Tony... I have known you for almost 4 years, and I know what makes you laugh, what sets you off, what annoys you and what bothers you. I know when you're about to make a joke, I know when you're going to throw a sarcastic remark, and I know it when you lie." I cleared my throat and watched as he lowered his head down in shame.

"So, I'm going to ask you again...what are the pills for?"

He cleared his throat and sat on the swing right in-front of the door.

"They're sleeping pills, Valentina."
He stated and his voice was flat.

"Sleeping pills? Why would you need sleeping pills?" I asked him again hoping that he wouldn't just shut me out like he always did. Which is exactly what happened.

"Would you look at the time? I have to go. Suits to build. Women to please." He said while stumbling out towards the driveway.

"I can't let you drive in this state!" I shouted while running after him.

"Why? Because I'll violate one of your stupid rules? I'm Tony Stark relax about it." He mocked me and I found myself getting a little pissed off, but I knew that this was his mechanism to mask his pain.

"You know I hate it when someone makes fun of my line of work." I crossed my arms and he winked at me.

The next second, his orange Audi just drove down the road at an inevitable speed with auto pilot and he stood there staring at me with a smirk.

"That's what the suit is for, honey." He teased me and I rolled my eyes with a smile as his suit parts clung to his body, ready to blast off.

"Don't lock me out, Stark!" I shouted and he turned around with the suit. Unfortunately, I couldn't see his expression since he had the mask on.

"Call me tomorrow." I whispered to him and he stared at me for a second without uttering a word. For a moment there I thought I said something wrong.

"I promise." He promised as he blasted off my driveway and into the sky.

"Good night, Tony."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 6.5K 81
"Did you forget, Ice Pick?" "I'm your trouble and your gladiator. A killer of the fire." "I'm your worst nightmare." ~~@ @ @ ~~ BOOK 3 People change...
40.2K 1K 42
One day a beautiful genius and owner of a prestigious company, Victoria Lockhart has a meeting with a bunch of different major company CEOs. It is ju...
4.4K 126 25
Angel was a victim of Hydra. She survived. She's thrived. But things are changing. She's caught in the middle. She has another choice to make. The la...
4.4K 170 30
When called to be a part of the Avengers Initiative, Bruce Banner was wary of everyone. Natasha Romanoff was sent to bring him in, but he couldn't wa...