An Alpha's Kiss | ✔️

By Dark-Shadow

(Rooming with Royals Sequel) He's the prince of werewolves. She's the princess of demons and witches. Silentl... More

An Alpha's Kiss - Story Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 43

29.6K 1.5K 113
By Dark-Shadow

~Aya

The council members' eyes were set wide in absolute shock, no one daring to utter a sound, too absorbed with Jace's act of rationalism.

I wanted to shout and tell him to stop this nonsense. No one will benefit from those two fighting each other. I didn't doubt Jace winning one bit, but I had no desire repeating the nerve wracking of him being in coma.

I can't go through that, not again.

I parted my lips to say something but my voice somehow seemed stuck in my throat, not allowing any sound to escape my lips.

I turned to Vixen, pleading him with my eyes to stop this but all he did was purse his lips and shake his head, knowing that it's not his place to interfere in the presence of the kings.

He was tense as well, his eyes inspecting the situation unfolding in front of him with calculating eyes. I followed his narrowed eyes, curious to see what got him glaring daggers all of a sudden.

Silas was grinning like this was some sort of a game, thrilled to get started that he even clapped his hands together once to show that he was enjoying the show.

"How touching, really. You're challenging me to show the princess the hero you are and thereby prove that you're a man." He tilted his head to the side, providing himself a better angle to take me in from head to toe.

I grimaced, disgusted with the way he was seizing me up like a piece of meat. Jace's posture stiffened, clenching his hands into fists, his stance widening in a fighting position.

"Dad." I urged breathlessly, my eyes still focused on Jace, hoping that he wouldn't do something stupid and attack Silas without him actually accepting Jace's challenge. The kings should also give him the green right or else it'll be taken as an act of defiance and disrespect.

A prince or not, he will get punished if he does so. A law is a law especially in the presence of all four kings of the supernatural world. I didn't miss the nods of agreement the kings were giving each other, Uncle Bryson being the first.

Being a werewolf himself, he fully understands why his son has challenged Silas. Their primal instinct to kill anyone that dares to hurt their mates takes over and it's extremely difficult to control the drive to attack.

Jace most surely didn't take it lightly having his mate kidnapped and almost drained to death so it's nearly impossible for him to hold back his raging wolf when the man responsible for all of this is standing right there of him wearing a twisted smirk on his face.

"Very well then, but the fight will not happen within these walls but in the arena outside the castle." Dad stated, standing tall and powerful on his feet, descending down the few steps to where Jace stood.

He ushered the guards to take Silas out not even sparing him a glance and I was more than happy to see the harshness of their grip and the roughness of their tug as they hauled Silas out.

Everyone in the hall were on their feet, anxious to be outside and witness the fight between the two of them. The kings were next to my father in an instant, murmuring to each other so low that none could hear.

"We have to go outside babygirl." Vixen's voice brought me back from my deep state of thought and I grunted in dismay.

"Why? So I watch him bleed out again?" It was harsh of me, I admit, but I couldn't bite back my tongue. Feeling someone's stare, I looked to the right and saw Jace's intense gaze.

Catching my father's raised eyebrow, as if telling me why the hell am I still here when I should be outside with the rest of the council members, I darted out of the hall with my eyes set ahead, Vixen hot on my tail.

"Aya, there's no need to be so mad about it. He's just doing what he had to do and to be honest I saw it coming." Vixen argued.

"So the best solution was to challenge Silas and probably end up with another wound as large as the one on his chest? Vixen the man is dead either way, that act of heroism wasn't needed." I snapped, halting my steps to a stop and sighed frustratingly.

I just couldn't understand why didn't he tell me that he's actually going to do that. I'm not as angry about the entire deal as much as I'm irritated that he didn't try and bother telling me.

I put two and two together, the mystery behind the mind link being cut off finally discovered. He did that on purpose, not allowing me to feel him, to hear his thoughts, to talk to him, all because of this rubbish.

"Unbelievable." I shook my head, turning around and continued walking straight down the arena, spotting the council members gathered in a circle from afar.

"Would you stop being so damn stubborn Aya!" Vixen growled, blocking my path.

"What do you want Vixen?" I folded my arms over my chest, not in the mood for hearing him side with Jace on this.

"Did you seriously expect him to keep his cool just as the person that nearly killed you and him was a couple of steps away?" He demanded, staring right down at me.

"Yes." It took me a few moments to answer but there was no doubt that it was a lie. Thinking his words over, I put myself in Jace's shoes back there and understood that there was no escaping the inevitable.

It was bound to happen.

"You're lying." He pointed out.

"Oh I'm sorry but I didn't know what to expect! I mean sure he wasn't just going to stand there." I trailed off contradicting my thoughts from a few minutes ago.

Gosh, why did he have to be so convincing?

"If he had let the council go through with the sentence then others would start thinking of him as an easy target and as a result they'll begin using his weakness against him.

You are his weakness Aya, and not stepping in the way he did would've let others hurt you to get to him since he's going to be crowned king soon. He only did that to keep you safe." His frustration slipped in, his eyes searching mine for any change of judgement.

I was speechless. It was like being hit by a stone to clear the fogginess clouding my mind and let it function properly. At loss of words, I pinched the bridge of my nose and let out a heavy breath.

All the frustration building up from the morning towards Jace redirected itself to be aiming at me and I never felt such self-disappointment as I did right now.

"Don't let the guilt eat you out, just trust Jace to be doing the right decision. He's going to be king babygirl, and a king never acts out of ignorance." I nodded, unable to say anything.

Vixen must've seen the kings and Jace coming, for he put a hand behind my back and guided me to where the council members were at. No one noticed the princess's presence, having all their eyes set on the royals behind me.

We waited until the kings ascended on an already set platform, four chairs similar to thrones placed on top and the kings took their seats having both arms laying on its base.

I breathed in sharply as my eyes lingered on the man walking through the arena, the confidence rolling off him like tides. He knew that I was watching and yet ignored my heated gaze, not wanting any distractions.

Just as he grazed his feet in the middle of the arena, Silas stepped out, two guards escorting him into the battle field.

"I'm scared Vixen." I muttered, my voice strained as I struggled to keep my voice from cracking. The fight hadn't even begun and I didn't find it in me to be able to watch.

"Calm down babygirl, everything will end up just the way it should." He reassured, sending me a gentle smile. The truth behind his words made me feel somewhat at ease, and I found myself able to look ahead again.

"See that metal bracelet around Silas's wrist?" I frowned in confusion but nonetheless focused my vision on Silas, and as Vixen said there was some sort of a silver bracelet wrapped around the devil's wrist.

"What is that?" I squinted my eyes in attempt to get a closer look at it, my eyes widening when I noticed a tiny red button on the bracelet.

"It's a control bracelet. Your father has the remote. In case Silas even thinks of escaping, your father will press the activation button on the remote and automatically the bracelet will release electromagnetic shock waves, making Silas drop almost instantly." My mouth was wide agape.

I wasn't expecting that.

"Rules are simple, the stronger lives, the weaker dies. No second chances and no mercy." My father's words were directed to Jace in one way or another, and with that the fight picked off.

The magnificent transformation of a man to a wolf took place, and instead of Jace now was an alpha, an insanely strong werewolf prince. The deadliness of Jace's eyes brought unpleasant shivers running down my skin and I gasped as Jace was the first to attack.

Jace fought ruthlessly, snapping his canines at Silas to rip his throat out, slashing him a couple of times with his claws. Silas didn't do less damage, changing into a repulsive beast, wanting to feast on Jace's blood.

Both wanted to prove themselves to be the most powerful –to survive.

Undeniably strong.

Unbelievably ruthless.

Unmistakably blood thirsty.

Anyone their place would've been limping from the injuries –the bites. But no, they were almost equally strong, sucking in the pain and lunging at the other.

But only one could live.

They fought like their lives depended on it, because it actually did. My eyes teared up as Silas's claws buried themselves into Jace's back and rolled down, causing the blood to soak his sandy fur.

"No." I whimpered, numbness replacing my ability to feel.

But the unexpected happened and Jace's canines ripped the flesh out of Silas's leg making Silas howl in absolute pain and drop to the ground. He tried standing up, only to fall back down and I could basically hear the pumping of my heart.

Jace encircled him like the predator he is, snarling at his opponent, as if saying that this is over –you've lost. His eyes were the mirror to his soul, and once he glanced up at me, I understood.

The look in his eyes held a promise. Anyone that touches a single strand of my hair me shall taste the bitterness of death. A slow and excruciating death.

Slash. His claws went down Silas's back.

Slash. Another tore the flesh of his chest.

Jace snarled, his face just inches from Silas that was kneeling in his own pool of blood. The air felt so heavy, the shoulders of each of the kings just as tense as mine. It was when Silas raised his head to meet Jace's flaring eyes that he bared his sharp teeth at him, finalizing his death statement.

In one swift movement, Silas's head was off his shoulders, rolling onto the ground till it stilled. The redness of his eyes that were glowing a couple of seconds ago became nothing but a lifeless grey.

Though his bloody state, Jace stood tall and proud, raising his head upward and howling in glory. Tears pricked my eyes and I smiled staring at my mate who now was staring right back at me, the corners of his eyes lifting in contentment.

Silas is once and for all done with.

Jace kicked Silas's ass! *whoop*

Let me hear your thoughts and don't forget to vote❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.6K 1.1K 35
Evelyn has lived in fear and hiding for her whole life; she yearns to one day live in peace, comfort, and happiness. All she wanted was to meet her m...
290K 8K 42
He growled as he pushed me against the wall, "You're mine and you can't leave!" "I'm not anyone's and I can leave if I want." I starred straight in...
528K 13.1K 51
Liberty knew from the moment she was betrothed to Prince Aziel that she would never be happy. She vowed she would stop at nothing to keep herself awa...
19K 420 34
"I want to claim you right here, so you know you're mine." His nose lightly traced a line down to the base of my neck. He placed a soft kiss on my sk...