Long Live, Smash Warriors (Su...

By fadingfantasy

"Long I had dreamed of a place where fighters come together to build up their skills, face many challenges al... More

A Warm Welcome to Smash Academy
Nadir
The Incident of 2000
Kira
A Lone Daisy
The Rival Academy
Beyond the Veil
Samus
Playtime's Over
Pit and Palutena
A New Beginning
Bearer of Bad News
'Hyrule's Finest Warrior'
Cruel Irony
The Beginning of the End
Unleashed
Queen of Wisdom
The Ultimate Weapon
A Sacrifice
A Battle Cry
Annihilated
My Friends are What I Live For
Help Is Always Appreciated
Link & Sakurai VS. Palutena & Rosalina
The Smash Warrior
The Penultimate
The Ultimate Fate
Epilogue
An Author's Note
An Author's Note - 2
First Sequel - Long Live, Our Fabled Academy Wars
SECOND SEQUEL - Long Live, Our Fighting Spirit
Another smash fic

Sky Battles

963 22 16
By fadingfantasy

Pit stood on a platform of Skyworld, in front of the temple. It was destroyed, damaged. Just like when I was gone for three years and Palutena... I still have nightmares about this...

"Hey angel face!" Pit perked up at the sound of the voice. He turned around to a familiar face.

"Magnus?" Pit gasped. He ran over to him and stood in front of him whilst Magnus held his club over his shoulder, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, what does it look like? Viridi was kind enough to get me up here. I heard about Skyworld going to ruins. Lady Palutena lost her mind when you completely abandoned her," Magnus explained. Pit's jaw hung open, "Destroyed the whole of Skyworld and no one knows of her whereabouts..."

"But hold on, she's alive and well, back in the Smash Bros. Academy..." Pit said in disbelief, "Sakurai-san would be very... out of it if anything happened to her..." Pit said, scratching his head.

"Wait, are you saying Lady Palutena is alive and well?" Magnus asked, "You're out of your mind, Pit, but she's long gone. Hades rules the world now."

This fluid around me must be doing something. Maybe it was made to induce nightmares in your subconscious, to drive you to insanity. Ah, so you could give up your power? But I must not. It's almost as if the Chaos Kin is-

"When you are done talking to yourself?" Magnus asked. I spoke out loud? "Yes, you did, now stop, you are creeping me out."

If this is a dream/nightmare then that means...

Pit suddenly spread his wings out and flew off the ground, "I CAN FLY BY MYSELF WITHOUT THE NEED OF PALUTENA!"

But couldn't I do that anyway? In my gaming universe, I couldn't and here I am, in a desolated Skyworld.

"Ho ho, angel face, look at you go!" Magnus called out, "You would make Lady Palutena very proud!" I looked down at him and that's when I realised... I needed to get out of here and save the others...

Suddenly, a loud crash came from above and Pit looked up. A massive crack had surfaced in the sky and broke, a massive purple-like black hole in the middle. Pit could feel himself getting pulled in with such tremendous force.

Fight Pit!

The same voice sounded in Pit's head. Who was that?

You're almost free, c'mon! Use those wings! Break free!

Pit let out a loud cry.

The sounds of shattering glass and liquid falling on the floor pierced his ears and Pit fell out, coughing. He could feel his wings aching. He had broken free from his containment. But how did he do it...?

Well done, Pit

"Argh, my head..." Pit groaned. An alarm began to sound and the room filled up with red. I need to go, now. Escape now, questions later...

Pit stole a quick glance at the others. If he could let them out, he would but when it came to machine and technology, he had to ask someone like Samus who was still suspended in the liquid so really, what was he thinking?

Pit began to run for the door which led back to the office. Bad idea, obviously but hey, there were no other options, "SHOOT AT WILL!" Pit jumped out of the door as it closed and hid behind the desk. The guy, Kira, wasn't there. Probably stirring up another sub-master plan or something. The bullets hit, each bouncing off the walls while Pit ducked behind the desk.

I need to get out of here. Alright wings, let's do this.

Pit spread his wings and jumped up and flew out, much to the soldier's surprise.

Come Pit, let me help you out. Keep flying! I'll tell you when to dodge.

Who was the voice talking to me?

"Hello?" I asked while I flew.

All will be revealed soon! Dodge right!

Pit did that and a sequence of bullets flew brushed past his wings. Hell, was he not having another wing problem like he did when he saved Pittoo.

"Seriously, who is this?" Pit asked again but go no reply in return, "Rude," Pit flew on.

Make a left up the stairs!

Pit turned left and began to fly upwards. He could hear commotion downstairs.

Incoming bullets!

Bullets shot past him like no tomorrow, some hitting his wings, "OUCH!" Pit yelled out. He was beginning to lose the will to live. Pit looked up and realised that he had no proper braking distance and that he was going to crash into the ceiling and possibly kill him.

Keep going

"I'm going to die! Why should I trust a voice like you?" Pit asked.

GO!

Pit closed his eyes and braced for the worst. A loud explosion was heard and he winced

...

And this is why you should trust you a voice like me, huh Pit? Open your eyes.

Pit opened his eyes. He couldn't believe it. He was flying in the air. He embraced the wind flying through his hair.

Just like my dream... Without Hades invading.

"Long time no see, Pit," Pit looked up to see

"Viridi!" Pit called out. She saw her flying past, "Embracing the nature as always?"

"Yeah. I'm the one who saved you. Saved your butt like when Palutena was a bit loony."

"That was because of Chaos Kin!" Pit complained, "Besides, where am I supposed to go now?"

"Well... I thought about taking you back to my base but I think you need to go back to Smash Bros.- Oh hold up," Viridi looked back, "Change of plan, Pit. Looks like some people can't let you go so easily." Pit looked back to see fighter jets coming for him, "Follow me, Pit, and take this!" Viridi conjured up something in her hands and threw it into Pit's hands.

"Aw cool, a Rose Sta-"

"Hey, gobby, unless you feel like becoming a fried angel, less talk, more flying, go!" Viridi made a sharp descent. Pit flew behind. He looked back and began slashing the rose staff like no tomorrow. Most of them hit but no effect.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Pit yelled. They were close to the ground.

"Children! Come and help!" Viridi called out and next thing you know, the Forces of Nature are shooting out, near and far, "You seem a little rusty, Pit."

"I'm sorry if I disappoint you, your majesty," Pit said bluntly.

"Whatever," Viridi looked back, "Pit, homing missile at 3 o'clock!"

"Wha- WHOA!" Pit descended down more and shot back up. The missile just missed him.

"The thing is a tracking missile!" Viridi shouted, "We need to take it off your trail!" Pit began throwing shots at the missile but they deflected.

"PIT! LOOK OUT!" Viridi shouted. Pit looked up to find bullets coming out from the skies and Pit made a sharpd detour.

"I'll come back later!" Pit shouted to Viridi. He had to lose them or else, he's toast. Pit could feel his wings beginning to lose its strength.

Pit, you're locked on with another two missiles. What the heck are you going to do?

Pit closed his eyes. He thought of Link, and everyone. Lady Samus, Lady Palutena...

"I'm gonna do what's right," Pit said, opening his eyes. He felt tears but he wiped them away, "To prove to everyone what I should have done. Atashi nara mada yareru hazu datte (I can still do it)..."

Pit what are you- Pit, no you are not.

Pit saw a side of a mountain.

PIT. NO.

"Thanks Viridi. Tell everyone that I am Pit, servant of the Goddess of Light."

PIT!

******
******
******
******
******
******
******
******
******

"This is Plane Alpha to base. The prisoner has been annihilated."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 271 6
It was just a normal day in your village but one day when wanted to go out for a hunt you get kiddnaped by dragons and while it may scary its very an...
3.8K 93 10
When Maria and Jen are caught in the middle of the saving the world. They must travel back in time to find George Washington. In order to save the wo...
11.6K 290 8
"This is Berk. We have fishing, hunting, and charming views of sunsets. The only real problems we have are our enemies; Dragons. They plague the Arch...
1M 42.8K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...