Not So Opposites Attract

Por hillehs2010

Who would have thought that they dorky band nerd and the star athlete would date. Surely not Claire. This st... Más

Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 1
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 2
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 3
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 4
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 5
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 6
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 7
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 8
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 9
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 10
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 11
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 12
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 13
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 15
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 16
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 17
Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 18

Not So Opposites Attract Ch. 14

425 4 1
Por hillehs2010

Hey there! Here's chapter 14. I can't believe that I've written this much! But I have to give it up to my fans. You guys keep me going and are my inspiration. I hope you guys enjoy it!

----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14

The week was going by pretty fast. Myles and I were having video chats practically every night. It was nice video chatting with him. We would always talk about the football game that we were watching or about about songs that we were writing.

Thursday got here which meant that it was Thanksgiving. My favorite part about Thanksgiving? The Macy's Day Parade. I loved seeing all the performers and balloons and bands walk down the parade route and perform right in front of Macy's. It's great!

I got up early that morning, changed as quick as I could because we had family arriving at any moment, and went downstairs. I turned every TV onto the parade so that we wouldn't miss a single beat of it. One year it was really special because both mom and Sebastian were in the parade. Mom was on a float "singing" and Sebastian was marching with the university's band. Needless to say we had Thanksgiving in New York. It was great.

But this year, we were all together celebrating the holiday along with both sides of the family coming over. That meant that all of the cousins, and aunts and uncles, and grandparents were coming over. And boy did I not want to see my cousin Emily right now.

You see me and Emily were like sisters, even though she was nothing like Molly. Emily and I liked the same music, like the same sports, basically we did everything together. Unfortunately, she was a year older than me so when she left for college in August, it was tough. But thankfully she was coming over for lunch, so that meant we could reminisce all over again.

At around 10:30, family started walking through the door. With our family, we knock once and let ourselves in. That's just our thing.

A few minutes later, while I was dodging certain family members, aka my drunk ass grandpa who brought his "girlfriend" with him, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and nearly screamed. It was Emily!!

"Oh my god how have you been girl!!" I nearly hugged the life out of her. It was so good seeing her.

"Well I would be a whole lot better if I could breathe.." At that I let her go and we both started laughing.

After catching our breaths, we started talking about school and college life. It was amazing what went on in college. Now I surely don't know which school to pick. Myles and I haven't really talked about school or which one we're going to go to next fall.

"So yeah, are you dating anyone missy?" That question threw me for a loop. I was pulled out of my thoughts by what she asked.

"Sorry, what did you say?"

"I was asking you if you were starting to date yet. Or are you becoming a nun?" She punched my arm. Ow that hurt.

"Nope. No one yet." Dammit I just said that way to fast. Don't start to blush. Don't! Too late.

"AH HA! By the look of that blush sweeping over your face there is! Spill."

"Fine. But you can't tell ANYONE!"

"Ugh fine. Ssoo who is he? Is he a rocker, an athlete, an artist, who?"

"Umm, well do you know Myles Croft?"

"OH MY GAWD!! No way!! Way to go Cee!!" I couldn't stop myself from blushing. It was tough telling Melissa, well I didn't really tell Melissa. I mean I kinda told her why Myles and I were coming down from my room that night, but I didn't specify what was going on between us.

"Yeah. But serious Em, you can't tell anyone!"

"My lips are sealed."

After a few minutes of talking about random things, Molly came outside and told us that it was time to eat. I walked into the house with Emily and we made our way to the kitchen. It smelled heavenly in here. There was turkey and roast, rice dressing, potato salad, and everything in between. I love the holidays!

I grabbed me a plate, and headed off back outside. I liked eating outside during the holidays, it made me feel as though I was a pilgrim or something. It just felt right to eat outdoors. But I guess that's because I spent so much time outside that nature just called to me. Oh well.

When I was done eating my fill, I "went to the bathroom" to check my sugars just to make sure that everything was A-okay. And everything was just fine. I walked out of my bathroom to see that I had a video message from Myles. Hmph I didn't know we could do that. I clicked the message open and was happy at what he said in the message.

"Hey Claire. I know you are probably eating lunch with your family, Happy Turkey Day by the way, and I just wanted to say hi. Also, I wanted to ask you if maybe later on tonight, you would want to go see a movie or something? The theaters wouldn't have that many people in them, so it would be like we have the place to ourselves. Well, uh, just let me know. Alright, well I gotta go. Bye!"

I hit the reply button and recorded a message.

"Hey Myles, and Happy Turkey Day to you too. And yes, I would love to go to the movies tonight. I've been cooped up in this house for the whole week and I think it's time I leave. Just tell me when and where and I'll be there. Well, I guess I better go as well. Bye!"

I'm going on my first REAL date with Myles!! Holy crap what was I going to wear? I couldn't go in what I was wearing now. I better hurry and catch Emily before she leaves to get her opinion on outfits for tonight!

I ran down the stairs catching Emily just before she left. I whispered in her ear what was going on, and before I knew it I was being dragged upstairs into my room. Emily threw me down on my bed and started rummaging through my closet. I was drowned in shirts by the time Emily finally decided on something, or at least I hope she found something.

After about half an hour of trying on different outfits, Emily and I finally decided on the right one. But here's the thing, it was almost identical to the one that I wore on the night I was attacked. However, I put that behind me and went go take a shower. When I came out all dried, Emily started working on my hair and makeup. Ah I love my cousin.

Emily made my hair wavy like Taylor Swift's and did my makeup like a supermodel's. I had smoky gray eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and pink lips. Everything looked great! I put on my outfit, which was black knit pants, my black and silver studded boots, a purple V-neck with an array of necklaces, and my black motorcycle jacket. I admit, I look good.

When I was done getting ready, I looked down at my phone and saw that it was almost 7. I hope tonight goes great. Emily left just after I was dressed. She wished me luck and headed out the door to her car.

I walked into the living room seeing that my dad was sleeping in one of his recliners with the remote still in his hand. I looked up to see what exactly he was watching and busted out laughing at the sight. He had turned on the Wii on watch a movie from Netflix, but instead of choosing a movie, he still had the Wiimote pointed at the computer. I pulled out my iPhone and took pictures of the sight in front of me.

As soon as I snapped my final picture, the beast awoke. He looked at me a puzzling expression and I guess he wanted to know why I was dressed up and where I was going like this.

"So you're going out?" What did I say?! It's like he can read my mind or something.

"Umm.. yes?"

"*chuckles* Claire it's ok if you're going out. You need to get out, you've been cooped up all week except to go run or practice. So go, have fun, and be careful."

I bent down and hugged my dad and whispered in his ear, "Thanks dad. I love you." I got up and walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water. As soon as I grabbed a bottle, the doorbell chimed.

I walked over and saw through the side glass that it was Myles. Wasn't I supposed to meet him at the movies? I opened the door and saw that he looked absolutely nervous.

**Myles' POV**

After sending her that video message, I was shaking. Oh my god I was going on a date with Claire. And me being the kind of guy who somewhat cares what he looks like, started panicking about what I was going to wear.

'Wait she has to say yes dummy,' that voice in my head said. It was right though. I couldn't start panicking just yet because she hasn't said yes yet. But a few minutes later my laptop flashed a reply from Claire. 'Shit'

I clicked it open and watched what she had to say. She said yes!! Great now here comes the anxiety.

I walked over to my closet and started seeing what shirt would look best. I'm such a girl. I settled on a green, blue, and white plaid/flannel shirt and some dark wash jeans. I pulled out my black leather jacket, just because it's cold outside, and went take a shower.

I walked out of my bathroom wrapped up in a towel and headed to my computer. I started writing down some lyrics that popped into my head that came to me while I was in the shower. Weird, I know.

I got dressed and made my way to the kitchen. I can't believe that I'm going on a date with Claire. I hope everything goes right tonight. I left my parents a note saying where I was going, and headed out the door. I jumped into my truck and popped in the CD I made that I figured Claire would like. It had all her favorites like Paramore, Atreyu, Alterbridge (which they're pretty good by the way), Cavo, Theory of a Deadman, and a couple others. It's weird how she likes most of the music I like. But I guess that's a good thing.

I pulled out my driveway and headed off to Claire's house. It's nice how she lives in the middle of the country. I bet at night she can see the stars out here even on the cloudiest nights.

I got to her and pulled into the driveway. I noticed that her car, and I guess her dad's truck, were still here. That's a good sign. I hopped out of the truck and walked to the door. 'Breathe, just breathe Myles. You can do this.' I told myself. And with that I pushed the button for the doorbell. A few seconds later Claire opened the door.

Wow she looked amazing! Her eyes were big and beautiful with the makeup she was wearing, not to mention her outfit. She was stunning. And I was at a loss for words.

'Come on big fella, speak!' Stupid voice..

"Wow Claire, you look amazing." Way to go. Way to say the most cheesiest thing in the world.

"*blushes* Thanks. You don't look half bad yourself."

"Thanks. Shall we?"

**Claire's POV**

"Thanks. Shall we?" He held out his arm. What a gentleman. I linked my arm under his, and he walked me to his truck. I unlinked my arm and climbed into the truck. Have I said that I LOVE his truck. Well if I didn't well here it is, I LOVE LOVE LOVE his truck. It was a Ford F-150 Platinum Edition. Navy blue exterior with tan leather and wood finish interior. Like I said, love it!

We drove to the city and headed straight to the theater. Our town did have a theater, but was it was a month behind on movies. So we drove to the city. We got to the theater and tried to decide on what we wanted to see. We agreed on The Blind Side, not jet because it was a football movie, but because Sandra Bullock is one of my favorite actresses.

Myles bought the tickets and I bought the popcorn. Then we walked to our designated theater and sat down to watch the previews. The movie started and I have to say, it was pretty good. You would think that it would be all about football, but it's not.

After the movie, Myles drove us to a nice restaurant, aka Chilis, and we had a nice dinner. We sat and talked about music while we were waiting for our orders.

"I can't believe you like them?!"

"What? The Ting Tings are great!"

"Yeah if you're four. Now if you really want something good to listen to, then definitely listen to Elvis Costello. He's amazing, or even Stevie Wonder."

"I LOVE Stevie Wonder, he's my musical icon. Superstition is a work of pure genius."

"Exactly!"

We kept talking like this even after our food arrived. It was so great talking to him. It was like someone actually got who I was.

After dinner, we drove back home. But we made a quick stop before he took me home. I didn't realize where we were until the shimmer of the lights hit the water. We were at the lake! It's like he read my mind.

Myles parked and hopped out the truck. He made his way over to my door, opened it, and helped me out. We walked over to the docks where Myles laid out a blanket for us to sit on. Luckily he had another blanket cause it was f-ing cold out here!

We sat on the docks looking up at the stars. I pointed out to him some constellations that I knew and some star drawing things, or whatever you call them, like Orion's belt and the dippers and such.

We were rapped up in the extra blanket just looking at the things around us. The next thing I knew I was looking at Myles. I was looking at his face and couldn't get enough of it. He had sparkling blue eyes, sculpted cheek bones, and the perfect nose and chin. Not to mention an dazzling white and straight smile.

I think Myles caught on to what I was doing and leaned in closer to me. The next moment was just perfect. Myles pressed his full, soft lips onto mine and kissed me like there was no tomorrow. I instinctively wrapped my arms around his neck and wove my fingers through his soft blond hair. I drew him closer and deepened the kiss.

Before I knew it, I was laying on top of Myles still kissing. It wasn't until we needed to catch our breath that we broke away and realized the position that we were in. Once we figured it out, we started laughing which made me collapse on top of him. We laid like that, just holding each other, for a good while. It was splendid.

Myles tried to get up which made me get up as well. We both looked at our phones then at each other. It was almost midnight and neither of us were home. We were dead. We quickly picked up the blankets and jumped back into the truck.

He drove me home, walked me to the door, gave me a quick peck on the lips, and drove away.

Well now I had a lot to be thankful for on Thanksgiving.

-------------------------------------------

What did you think? Please Please let me know. Vote and/or comment!!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.9M 158K 69
Highest rank: #1 in Teen-Fiction and sci-fi romance, #1 mindreader, #2 humor Aaron's special power might just be the coolest- or scariest- thing ever...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
153K 6.6K 200
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
139K 6.8K 48
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...