Harrington

By Ducky_Barnes

Elizabeth Harrington is the great Steve Harrington's little sister. Growing up, Liz didn't have much of a par... More

CAST
Routine
School
Home Sweet Home
Will Byers
Deep Shit
Pain
The Girl
Interference
Not Him
Talk
Death Wish
Monster
Liz
Portal
Back Again
Reunited
The New Steve
Lucas
Bullies
Chase
Junkyard
Another Argument
Sacrifices
Blood
Hospital Pt. 1

Hospital Pt. 2

14.4K 297 326
By Ducky_Barnes

When Hopper leaves, the doors open back up immediately, revealing Lucas, Dustin, and Mike.

"I thought only two people were allowed at a time." I say, watching as they rush over to my bed.

"We snuck in." Mike says with a grin. It makes me think again about Eleven, and I bite my lip, looking at her watch that is still wrapped around my wrist.

"Mike." I whisper, "What happened?"

They all share a look and Mike sighs, grabbing a chair.

"It's a long story."

They all sit down, and Mike begins, launching into a story about a bathtub and the school. They tell me about Hopper and Joyce leaving along with Nancy and Jonathan. They tell me all about the bad men who returned, and what El did to save the group. They talk about how the blood attracted the Demogorgon, and how they ran into a room. They tell me about Lucas and his wrist rocket and Dustin and his pudding. They talk about how El was knocked out and the Demogorgon was closing them in. They say how El got up and used her powers on the creature, and how she killed it. They also talked about how she disappeared along with the monster.

They stop there and I have tears in my eyes.

"Poor El."

They all nod and Mike looks away, taking a shaky breath in.

"And then we heard where you've been. Hopper told all of us that you went home because you felt sick. We all knew it was a lie because you would never do that, but we still didn't know where you were."

Dustin sighs, "We heard that they found you all mangled with a broken leg. You were just sitting there, apparently. Hopper and Joyce found you, and had never seen you with so little life left."

"When you flatlined, everyone thought you were dead." Lucas shakes his head, "But Will wouldn't accept it. He said you were still alive, he told the doctors to save you, pleaded them to at least try once more. He saved your life, just like you did for him."

"It was crazy when we found out you were alive, it was like a miracle." Mike whispers, "Joyce cried, and Steve was all worried because he wanted to see you. They wouldn't let us come in because you were still unconscious."

"We all waited outside, for two days. We got up for hospital food and bathroom breaks and stuff, but we slept here." Mike says.

"What about Will?" I croak. "What happened with him."

"He got out a couple of hours ago, his recovery was faster because it was mainly dehydration and hypothermia."

"He doesn't have any broken bones, like you." The boys glance at my leg and I sigh.

"Six months until I can ride my bike and walk properly." I lean my head back and groan.

"We'll still hang out with you." Dustin says, "We will make it work."

"It's the least we can do."

It feels like they were gonna go on, but the door opens at that point and the nurse walks in.

"Boys. I said two people." She says sternly.

"Really?" Lucas grins at me behind her back, "I heard three."

"Me too." Mike says.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure you said three." Dustin says and the nurse scratches her head.

"Did I?" She shrugs, "Must be getting old. Anyways you three have to leave now because Miss Harrington here has to eat her lunch."

They all make noises of complaint as the nurse puts a plated grilled cheese sandwich on my lap.

"Bye Liz." They chorus and leave the room sadly.

I smile and wave at them before looking at my sandwich. I haven't really focused on much except seeing everyone since I woke up, so looking at this sandwich opens another door.

I guess it makes sense that I'm extremely hungry, because technically I haven't eaten in about three days.

So I grab the sandwich with my good hand, though it doesn't seem like either of them are good anymore.

I eat slowly, savouring every bite and making sure I don't get sick again.

It's weird to think that it's over. The monster is gone, Will's back. There's no more lost boy. It's weird to think it's only been a week since he was captured, and that we're all gonna go back to school and pretend like everything is normal. Like there was no monster or alternate dimension. No girl with superpowers or blinking lights.

I don't think I can do that.

The nurse said that it takes a long time for my kind of injury to fully heal. More than six months based on the way my bones broke. I know that these months won't be fun, especially when my father gets home and sees me. I am not looking forward to that.

I wonder if Hopper is really gonna follow through with his threat. He said he'd meet my father, and he said it won't be pretty. I wonder who'd win in that fight.

Hopefully not my dad.

I can't seem to process the fact that before this week, I had no one. Before this week, I didn't know Dustin or Mike or Lucas. I was alone, all alone. That one moment in the hallway at school, when I ran into Dustin. That one moment brought me into this mess. If I had never run into him, I wouldn't be the person I am now, I wouldn't know them, or Joyce, or Hopper. I wouldn't have met El, or Jonathan, or Will. I wouldn't have gone to the Upside Down, or been chased and attacked by a freakish monster. I wouldn't even have known any of that existed.

All it took was a week for me to have friends that it feels like I've known for ages. It feels like fate, it's like it was meant to be.

And I survived. The first time I went to the Upside Down I thought for sure I'd die. I was surprised then when I made it, but the second time I went in expecting to die, wanting to die for a better cause.

I guess I just wanted it all to be over. I'd had enough of everything, and I knew I'd just go back to the same old life if I didn't try. It was better that I died trying than gone back to that life.

When my dad does get back, I wonder if it'll be any different. I wonder if Steve will have my back, if my father will leave us alone for once.

I have a feeling he'll be the same, my dad, he's never changed before.

But that was the case with Steve. He's never changed before, but now he says he will.

I still doubt it'll be that way with my dad, I feel he'll always be the same man, full of hatred and drunk with power.

I finish my sandwich quickly, placing the plate on my bedside table and groaning at my aching body. I hear a soft knock on the door, and it opens a crack.

"—She has to be done eating." I hear Joyce's voice arguing with someone else in the hall before she peeks her head in and back out.

"See I was right." She says to whoever's out there and comes into my room. She closes the door behind her and smiles at me, grabbing a chair.

"How are you feeling honey?" Joyce addresses me like we've known each other for ages, and honestly, it feels that way.

"I'm fine." I shrug, "I don't know why everyone is stressing over me when Will has been through way more."

Joyce sighs, running a hand through her hair. "He was let out three hours ago. He had hypothermia, dehydration, fatigue sickness, and a bad cold."

"You have a broken leg, many stitches and scratches, a sprained wrist, and immense blood loss." She says, "You were on the brink of death. You...did die."

"He was in there much longer than me." I point out, "The only thing keeping him from freezing to death was running from that monster."

"He was about to die." Joyce whispers, "My boy was about to die. You risked your life to save him. Why?"

"I wasn't gonna let him die." I say. "He means so much to you. To everyone. Of course I would try and save him."

We both have tears in our eyes, and she wipes hers away, "You knew you could've died."

"Yes, I did." I croak. "He's more important."

"You didn't even know him."

"I spoke with him once." I say. "He seemed worth it."

She smiles at me and shakes her head, "You blow my mind. When we found you, all crippled up in the forest, you didn't hesitate to put his life before his. You were losing blood fast, and easily could've died, but you still told us to go.

"When it comes down to me and him, I mean, we've already been through so much, may as well finish my job."

She smiles at me fondly and I smile back at her. "I'm just happy he's safe."

"I'm happy this is over."

AUTHOR'S/FINAL NOTE~~~~~

Hello hello!

It's the final chapter! (Do do do dooooo)

Okay. Okay. Okay. So I know some things have been left unexplained, but I am making a sequel that won't be out in at least a week so some of your questions will be answered. Anyways I have really enjoyed writing this and y'all have been so supportive so thank you for that. I encourage you to read the sequel, which will simply be called Harrington 2, so you can see where Liz's story goes. If you have any advice for the second book than leave it in the comments and that will be our question for today.

Thank you all for being so encouraging and supportive. I hope you all write your own stuff and spread your creativity (cringe).

Goodbye for now my friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 60 10
π…πˆπ†π‡π“ π…πŽπ‘ πŒπ„, 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐑𝐒𝐧𝐠𝐬 1 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 ❝Are you using me?❞ ...
776 5 24
A girl named Elizabeth and her twin brother Billy and new step sister Max move to Hawkins for a new start. But little did they know it wasn't your ty...
86.3K 1.6K 21
Jamie 'Stiles' Harrington. Younger sister of Steve Harrington. She was well known by everyone in Hawkins. some would say she's a trouble maker. After...
8K 187 15
Jim Hopper's niece, Delilah Hopper, moved to Hawkins after her parents died in a fire. Delilah was sent to live with Hopper after the accident and sh...