The Greek Tycoon's Baby

By CuteBabyGirl

Evelyn White is in love with her boss, Alexander Stefopoulos. Has been since the first month she began workin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Revelations
Chapter 2: What did she say?
Chapter 3: The meeting
Chapter 4: A new day
Chapter 5: Unexpected guests
Chapter 6: Wedding Preparations
Chapter 7: Her past
Chapter 8: One step closer to the wedding
Chapter 9: A day with her
Chapter 10: Doubts
Chapter 11: Before the wedding
Chapter 12: The wedding
Chapter 13: Honeymoon
Chapter 14: Going with the plan
Chapter 15: Trouble in paradise
Chapter 16: Sudden Discoveries
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 19: The Truth
Chapter 20: Finding you
Chapter 21: Early welcome
Epilogue

Chapter 17: Things going downhill

401K 12K 1.2K
By CuteBabyGirl

Hey! The next chapter is here! Enjoy reading!

Alexander's POV

''Where is she now, Ashton?'' I asked.

''At the cafe. '' he replied.

''Alone?''

''Eh...''

''Spit it out.'' I snapped.

''She's with Michael Devenson.''

''Alright. You can return to the house.''

''But ...''

''No buts. Get back to the house now.'' I yelled and ended the call.

She is with that man. Again. She met him yesterday and today as well without telling me. What is her business with him? Michael Devenson isn't a simple person. He is a tough man as well as a competitor in the hotel business. She wouldn't sell any companies secrets to him, would she? I don't want to doubt her. However, what if she betrayed me? What if what Nick told me was true? All these questions will surely drive me crazy. I want the answers now. I can't wait until I get home. But I can't just call her and demand answers. I want to see her in person. Making up my mind I told my secretary through the intercom to cancel the last appointment I had in two hours and grabbing my things I exited my office heading to the garage.

Arriving at the cafe I parked my car near it. I was ready to open the door when I spotted them. They were sitting next to the window looking too cozy for me. I saw her giving him an envelope smiling. After some time he told her something and she nodded. He got up and next thing I knew he was hugging my wife while she was hugging him back.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought she was different. I should have never let my guard down. She is the same as Andrea. I shouldn't have trusted her. Deep down I always doubted her, but I pushed it aside thinking it was because of my past. However, now I know that I shouldn't have done that.I couldn't stay here anymore and see her flirting with another man. Starting the engine I sped off not really having a destination in my mind.

How could she do this to me? I opened up to her and yet she betrays me. She's an awful and deceitful woman. I wish I had never met her.

Evelyn's POV

Putting the file on the table I waited for Michael to open it. He seemed to be nervous. The reason of it unknown to me.

''What did the results say?'' he asked.

''Open it and see yourself.'' I replied keeping my face passive.

''It's positive.'' he said after checking it himself.

Four days ago we went to a clinic and did a DNA test. They said that the results would be ready by this afternoon. I told them to send them to the cafe. I couldn't risk Alexander reading them when I still haven't told him anything. Yesterday he was acting a bit strange. Maybe he was stressed.

When the file came, I called Michael and twenty minutes later he was here. When I first saw the results I was shocked and then I was ecstatic when I saw that it was positive. I had a big brother when I least I expected it. Now I could tell Alexander about Michael. He has to meet his brother-in-law.

''You believe me now, right?'' Michael asked.

His eyes were full of hope and anxiety. He really wanted me to believe and accept him.

''Yes. To tell you the truth I had started believing you from yesterday. I just had to make sure.'' I replied.

''Can I hug you?''

I couldn't deny him that simple request. After all, I wanted to hug my brother as well, so I nodded. Next thing I knew he had stood up and he was hugging me like he was afraid I'd leave. He didn't need to be. I wasn't going to throw away the chance of having a sibling. I couldn't wait to tell Alexander. I'll tell him when he returns home.

We sat there another half an hour and then I returned to the house. Jake and Ashton were gone by the time I arrived. I called Alexander, but it went to voicemail. I assumed that he was in a meeting or he had forgotten his phone somewhere. I went to our bedroom and changed into some more comfortable clothes. I headed downstairs going to prepare dinner.

I couldn't imagine what was waiting for me or that I would have to make the decision I always feared.

Alexander's POV

Returning home I saw the lights on. My wife was home. Time to get those answers one way or another. It doesn't matter. Tonight I was going to find out the truth.

''I'm home.'' I yelled as soon as I closed the door behind me.

''In the kitchen.'' Evelyn replied.

I threw my jacket and keys on the sofa not really caring if they ended on the floor or not.

''Welcome home. Dinner will be ready in a few minutes.'' she said and she came to kiss me as usual but I stepped back.

She frowned and for a second I felt guilty. Then I remembered that she's a cheater and a liar. No need to feel remorse for someone like her. She doesn't deserve it.

''We need to talk.'' I said and went to the living room.

I poured myself a drink and waited for her. A minute later she came out of the kitchen. She was showing and anyone could tell that she was pregnant. Probably the only true thing she said.

''Sit.'' I ordered her.

No need sweet-talking her. The matter is very serious.

''What's going on? I'm starting to worry.'' she asked after she sat down.

Confusion and worry were written all over her face. She bit her lip. Something she does when she's confused or nervous.

''I'll ask you some questions and I want you to answer me truthfully.'' I said.

She opened her mouth to say something, but I held up my hand stopping her. I didn't care about what she was going to say.

''First question. Why were you with Michael Devenson yesterday and today?'' I asked facing her.

I took some deep breaths afterward because the image of seeing them together was enough to raise my anger and need to go punch that guy for hugging her. I was known for my short temper. She seemed surprised and I bet she thought that I wouldn't find out. Too bad for her that I did.

''How did you know that?'' she asked with a quivering voice.

''You forgot the rules. I ask, you answer. You don't get to question me. Now tell me. Why were you with him?'' I asked once again raising my voice.

''I was going to tell you.''

''Tell me what? That you're cheating on me? That you're a deceiving woman? Tell me what, Evelyn?'' I yelled.

I was fed up with her innocent act. It was all a lie. A lie to deceive everyone. She wasn't an angel. She was the devil.

''I should've believed Nick when he told me that you're stealing from the company. I bet that what I saw you giving to Devenson was my company's secrets. You know damn well that Devenson is a rival.'' I continued.

''No, I'm not the culprit and that file you saw it's not related to the company at all. It wa-'' she said.

''ENOUGH! No more lies. I knew I shouldn't have trusted you. You're no different from any other woman I have slept with. You're nothing to me!'' I yelled and threw the glass I was holding on the wall.

I saw her flinch, but I didn't give a damn about it. I was beyond angry. How dare she lie to my face? Did she think that I was that stupid?

''You don't believe that.'' she whispered.

''Oh, I do believe it. I'm starting to believe that the child isn't mine as well. You just said it was so that you would make me marry you. Isn't that right, Evelyn?'' I snapped.

''W-what?'' she asked putting her hand on her stomach.

''You heard me. I said th-'' I started.

''I know what you said. How could you? This child is yours and only yours. I haven't slept with anyone else besides you.''

''I don't believe you. All this time you were lying. Not once did you tell the truth. Your parents are lucky to be dead as they can't see their daughter's schemes. They would be so disappointed and ashamed. Their only daughter whoring herself and deceiving people.''

I knew I had crossed the line as I watched her shaking and the tears running freely from her eyes, but I couldn't bring myself to apologize. She betrayed my trust. She deserved it.

Are you sure? a little voice in my head asked, but I dismissed it.

''From now on we're sleeping in different rooms, You can keep the master bedroom. I'll go sleep to one of the guest rooms.'' I stated.

I turned to leave not really waiting for her to say anything. It would be a lie and I can't bother myself to listen to her lies.

''Oh, and Evelyn? We're going to do a paternity test. I'm not going to be a father to a child that isn't mine. After all, I married you because of it.'' I told her.

I took the bottle of the whiskey with me and went upstairs to our bedroom to move my things from it to the other room.

How could my life become such a mess?

Evelyn's POV

I tried to speak so many times, but the words failed me. I tried explaining to him.Then he said those things about my parents and I shut down. He knew how much I loved them and he still said those hurtful things. I couldn't reply to that. I was too shocked. He basically called me a whore. The night I conceived our baby he found out that I was a virgin. How can he call me a whore when he's the only man I have been with? How can he deny his own child? I can't take it anymore. I thought I could do it, but I can't stay with a man who obviously hates me and doesn't trust me. I'm getting out of here. I'm not staying here for another minute.

Making up my mind I went to our bedroom hoping that Alexander wasn't there. Opening the door I let a relieved sigh when I realized that he wasn't in the room. I looked around and I saw that most of his things were missing. I pulled out of the closet two suitcases trying to make as less noise as I could. I couldn't afford Alexander barging in here now. I put my things and some clothes I had bought for the baby in the suitcases. After I was done packing, I sent a message to Nadia asking if she was alone to which she replied affirmatively. Putting my jacket on and checking around to see if I forgot something I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. I did two trips from the room to the door as I couldn't lift too much weight. Taking my car keys I got out of the house quietly. Thank god I had parked the car far from the house today and the noise, when I started it, didn't reach the house. Only when the house disappeared from my view, did the tears started falling again. I had to stop many times to calm down before I get into a car accident. How could things go this bad? We were happy. Now I realize that all those moments were lies. He pretended all the time.

I can't remember either when I reached Nadia's apartment nor when I got inside. Only now, probably half an hour later since I arrived, did the tears stopped. Nadia was there comforting me, but I sensed that something was wrong. I looked at her and what I saw wasn't what I expected. Her eyes were red and puffy. It looked like she was crying and not because of what I managed to say to her.

''What happened, Nadia? Did you fight with Owen?'' I asked gently.

''No.'' she replied and just like that she broke down.

I went closer to her and she came in my arms sobbing. This isn't normal for Nadia. Something serious must have happened.

''Sssh. Everything is alright. It'll be okay. Don't worry.'' I consoled her.

''No, i-it w-won't. It w-will n-never be o-okay.'' she replied.

Holding her there, she let it all out. She sobbed so hard that I felt the pain she was experiencing. I haven't seen her like this since her mother's death. After a while, the sobs stopped and only hiccups were heard.

''Now do you want to tell me what had you so sad?'' I asked.

She let go of me and sat up.

''He lied to me.'' she said with a cold voice.

''Who? Owen?'' I asked.

''Don't call his name, but yes. He lied about everything.''

''What are you talking about?''

''I heard him and Alexander in his office when I went to invite him for lunch today and finally tell him that I love him. I was about to open the door when I heard him saying that he couldn't do it anymore. He couldn't pretend that he likes me anymore. It was all a plan Alexander and he devised to find evidence against you. They thought that you're stealing money from their company. He only was with me to find clues. Nothing more. He didn't like me at all. Why, Eve? Why? What did I ever do to deserve such a fate?'' she said and my heart went to her.

How could Owen do that to her? Haven't he realized that she was fragile inside? How did our lives become so complicated? We needed a break from all this mess.

''You did nothing wrong, Nadia. He's stupid to have behaved like that.'' I said trying to cheer her up.

''He doesn't know that I know.'' she said.

''He'll realize it soon. Earlier I had an idea. How about getting away from this mess for a while?''

''What do you mean?''

''How does a trip sound to you?''

She seemed to think about it and then a smile appeared.

''I'm in. When do we leave? Oh, where are we going? For how long? Forget the last one. I don't care about the duration.'' she asked looking very excited.

''Hey, calm down. We are going to decide all the things now together.'' I said.

She brought her laptop and we started searching for the perfect destination. There were some places that were very good, but too expensive for us. We continued the search until my phone rang. My heart skipped a beat at the thought of Alexander calling. I saw the caller ID and I sighed relieved that it was my brother who was calling me.

''Hey, baby sis.'' he greeted as soon as I picked it up.

From the moment I agreed to let him in life he insisted on calling me baby sister. I didn't mind the nickname at all.

''Hi, Michael.'' I greeted back trying to sound cheerful.

''What's wrong? Did something happen to you?'' he asked.

He sounded worried. He sounded like he cared about my welfare. Even though we only met yesterday, it seems that we have started bonding already.

''What do you mean? Everything is fine.'' I lied.

''Don't lie to me. You sound upset. I asked you the reason behind it. Do I have to go to your husband and have a nice and long chat with him? However, I can't promise that I won't do anything to him if he is the reason.'' he said seriously and that made me smile a little.

Already a protective brother.

''Wait a bit.'' I said.

I put my hand on the phone and turned to Nadia.

''Can I invite Michael over? I need to tell him the whole truth behind my marriage.'' I said.

''Go ahead. He might even help us to decide.'' she replied and turned back to the laptop.

''Hey, brother. Are you still there?'' I asked.

''Have I told you how much I like it when you call me brother?'' he replied.

''Yes. A couple of times actually. Anyway, do you mind coming to Nadia's? I need to talk to you.''

''Will you tell the reason you were upset as well?''

''Yes.''

''Okay, then. I'm coming. Give me the address.'' he said and I gave him the address.

Half an hour later the bell rang. I got up and opened the door letting my brother inside.

''Hello, Nadia.'' Michael greeted my best-friend.

''Hi, Michael. Have a seat.'' Nadia replied.

He sat down on the sofa and turned to me with curiosity in his eyes.

''So, what did you want to talk about?'' he asked.

''About my life. There are some things that I haven't told you and I think that you have the right to know. I guess I should start from the beginning. When our parents died, I was left under our paternal uncle's care.'' I started.

I told him all the truth. From the abuse until my marriage with Alexander. I told him what happened today as well. During that part, I had to stop a couple of times as the tears were falling again. Michael was there to comfort me and telling that he can teach Alexander a lesson if I was going to give the okay. Nadia said that it was alright to tell him about the plan Owen and Alexander devised. At that point, Michael was ready to punch someone.

''So, now that we're done telling you about the men who messed us up, do you know any good place for a trip? Although it can't be expensive.'' Nadia asked trying to lighten the mood.

''Why?'' he asked.

''We want to get away for some time and I thought a trip would be a good idea.'' I replied to him.

''I might have something. How does Portugal sound to you?'' he said.

''It's great. How much will it cost us?'' Nadia asked.

''Not very much because you'll be staying at my house.''

''Your house?'' I asked.

''Yes. My resort there is near the sea and since I liked the scenery there very much I built a house next to the sea. From what you told me earlier you love the sea. What do you think?'' he said.

''I don't know.'' I told him.

It's not that I didn't want to go or that I didn't trust him. It was because I wasn't sure if they wouldn't find us there. Michael seemed to read my mind as he said his next words.

''Look. Alexander and Owen won't find you. I'll make sure of it. My property is very private and I'll hire security to be around you all the time. There is a clinic near the house where a good friend of mine works there. She's a gynecologist and very good at her job. You can go there for your check-ups. I'll be visiting as well every weekend.''

''What do you say, Nadia?'' I asked.

''Hell yeah. I always wanted to go to Portugal.'' she replied.

''Okay. You got your answer, brother.'' I said.

''Great. I'll make all the arrangements. You just have to pack. What time do you want me to book your flight?'' Michael said.

''Preferably in the morning.'' I said and Nadia agreed with me.

I saw the clock and it was eight at night. Michael was getting ready to leave.

''Do you want to stay for dinner? We're going to order something.'' Nadia asked him.

''Okay and you're going to tell me what you're planning to do in Portugal.'' he replied.

We ordered pizza and for the rest of the night we talked. Both Nadia and I had a great time. We forgot for a little bit our heartbreaks. It turned out that Michael and I have some things in common. It was late at night when Michael left and I told him to be careful while driving.

''Don't worry, sis. I don't plan on leaving you now that I finally found you.'' he said and kissed me on my forehead.

After that, he left. I checked my phone and saw that I didn't have any message or call of Alexander. A part of me was hoping that he would find out that I left and he would search for me.

''Come on, Eve. Let's go to bed. We have to get up early and pack. You have to choose the clothes you'll take with you. The rest you can leave them here.'' Nadia said.

We went upstairs and after changing into our pajamas we fell asleep in her double bed. I hope that tomorrow will be a better day. We needed it. We deserved it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5.8K 21
This is book two on the Billionaires and babies series When Aston King hires the hottest event planner in Savannah to mastermind his charity masquer...
4.1M 87.7K 37
A TWIST TO THE NORMAL BILLIONAIRES EX WIFE STORIES. James Saunders is a billionaire. ceo, of one of the biggest companies In the world. married to t...
750K 32.3K 24
Book 2 Walking into a hospital room and examing a single mother's injuries wasn't how Sebastian Genovesi expected to meet the love of his life, but t...