π”Έπ•žπ• π•Ÿπ•˜ π•₯𝕙𝕖 π•Šπ•₯𝕒𝕣𝕀...

anonomoose21 Γ‘ltal

❝ 𝒾𝓃 𝒢 𝒻𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉, π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž'𝓇𝑒 𝓁𝑒𝓉𝒽𝒢𝓁 π’Άπ“‡π‘œπ“Šπ“ƒπ’Ή 𝑒𝒢𝒸𝒽 π‘œπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡, π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž 𝓂𝑒𝓁𝓉 ❞ [ STAR... TΓΆbb

!PLEASE READ FIRST! [Contains Fic Timeline]
A LONG TIME AGO...
Part I: The Secret
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Part II: The Discovery
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Part III: The Fall
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 14

2.2K 99 33
anonomoose21 Γ‘ltal

Arriving to Alderaan was easy thanks to the Senator. Their arrival was kept low-profile, and only a few people came to greet and help them. Senator Organa among the group.

"Obi-Wan!" The Senator exclaimed with a wide smile and opened his arms to bring Obi-Wan in for a brief and friendly hug.

"Hello old friend," Obi-Wan greeted warmly. "It is good to see you again."

"Like wise," Bail said kindly. He looks just as Obi-Wan remembered, if not a little more gray in the side burns. "Master Yoda told me to expect you some time in the future, however I didn't expect to get a call from you so soon."

Obi-Wan smiled tightly. "I hope it won't be a problem?"

"No! Not at all. I'm just hosting a lot of meetings and gatherings this week, and have several guests staying with me. I know we're trying to keep your anonymity, so I'm sorry to say that you might not have much privacy outside your room."

"We won't be needing much more than that." Obi-Wan informed him, and then looked back at his ship. Bail frowned at the concerned look on his face. "Did Master Yoda inform you about my passenger?"

Bail nodded his head. "Yes, he said you're training a new padawan."

Obi-Wan appeared hesitant. "It's a bit more complicated than that." When Bail was about to ask what he meant, Obi-Wan continued. "I'll explain the details later, but right now she is knocked unconscious. I don't believe she is injured but she has yet to wake up."

Bail put a hand on Obi-Wans shoulder reassuringly and smiled. "We will take good care of her then. I'll have my people bring her to your room, and send my doctor up to examine her."

Obi-Wan nodded his head gratefully. "Thank you, Senator. I owe you everything."

"After everything that has happened, it's the least I could do," he said. "Now lets get you both settled."

--

Han watched through watery eyes as Arrin is taken captive by Stormtroopers. He wants to do something--anything to save him. But what could he do? He is one person, just a young boy, against mass amounts of Stormtroopers.

He knows his battles, what he can win and lose, and despite how much he wants to make a move, he doesn't. He listens to what Arrin told him to do, and listens to his gut instinct to stay put.

He is hidden behind several dumpsters and a few Eopies. The smell is horrendous, but he is protected and has a good line of sight so that's all that matters.

Arrin is loaded onto the ship, and several Stormtroopers followed. Others got onto the other ships, and the man in white got into the same one as Arrin. The doors closed after they all boarded, and took off just as quickly.

Han waited until the ships were out of sight before he pulled his com out and called Ben.

"Arrin," Obi-Wan answered urgently. "What happened?"

"It's Han again," he whispered into the com.

"Han? Why are you whispering? Where is Arrin?"

"He was taken by Stormtroopers."

Obi-Wan fell silent. "Where are you?" He finally asked.

"Hiding in dumpsters next to Eopies," he muttered. "Arrin told me to run and hide so I did. Then I saw him get caught by Stormtroopers and they led him onto their ship. Now they are gone."

He heard Obi-Wan sigh over the com. "Listen very closely Han. Do you have access to a speeder?"

Han looked around, and saw a few in the distance. He knows where this could be going, and is grateful he learned how to hot-wire one years ago.

"Yes," he told him, already beginning his trek to the speeder.

"I'm going to give you coordinates to put in the nav system. Call me once you're in."

"I'm in," Han said as he began hot-wiring the speeder, after a moment, the speeder is on. Obi-Wan gave him the coordinates, and told him to drive. Han did.

"Listen Han. It is not safe out there. Once you arrive, lock all the doors and windows and keep the lights dim to off. There is enough food and water for you to last a few days."

"Ben-" Han whimpered as he drove, barely seeing where he is going over the handles. "I'm scared."

Obi-Wan sighed. "I know," he told him mournful. "It's only for a few days until I can get this straightened out."

"Is Arrin going to be okay?" Han asked, but even he knows the answer. He struggled to see through tear-filled eyes, and blinked rapidly to keep his vision clear. He stepped on the accelerator, just wanting to be out of the speeder and in the safety of a home. The tips of his toes strained to keep the pedal down, and Han is reminded why he never learned to drive a speeder sooner.

"Arrin will be fine," Obi-Wan assured him.

"How do you know?" Han asked, his voice cracking and disbelieving.

"Because I'm a Jedi, remember?" He told him. Han paused thinking about that, before something started to bloom up within him, something like hope.

"Yes!" He exclaimed with a new found energy. "Can I talk to Azey?" He wondered.

Now Obi-Wan paused. "She's sleeping right now."

"Oh," he pouted. "Can I talk to her when she wakes up?"

"Yes," Obi-Wan said confidently. "I think she would like that very much."

"I'm here." Han told Ben. He drove up a short hill and arrived to the home that Ben said is his own.

"I'm going to tell you the code to get inside." Ben said and proceeded to tell him how to get inside, and then lock himself inside.

"I need to go now Han. I promise you will be safe as long as you stay inside."

Han began to pout sadly again. "How long?"

"A few days. Just a few until I can come get you."

"Okay," he whispered.

"Han?" Obi-Wan got his attention.

"Yeah?" He wiped his eye sadly.

"May the Force be with you." He told him.

Han smiled, his tear-streaked cheeks bunching up excitedly. "May the Force be with you, Master Ben!" Han exclaimed, and after a moment, the connection was cut and Han was alone. Safe and hopeful, but alone.

--

Obi-Wan stood by the door and watched as the doctor examined Azel. Bail set them up in the last available spare room. He had failed to mention just how many guests he had. Apparently, it's enough that he only has one room left, leaving he and Azel to share.

Not that it's a problem, the room is incredibly large. They are on the top floor, overlooking the mountains and lake outside. There is a patio with double-doors leading out, a living space with a fireplace and a soft couch that Obi-Wan will sleep on. On one side of the fireplace is a door leading to the closet, and on the other is a small bar top with a mini fridge.

The bed is large and takes up the wall opposite the fireplace. There is a door leading to the massive bathroom beside the bed, and consists of more than he and Azel require in an ensuite. It is far more luxurious than Obi-Wan has ever had before, even in the Jedi Temple.

Azel is taking up less than half the bed as the doctor examines her. He can't decide whether its because she is so small, or because the bed is just that big.

"I hope this will suit your needs?" Bail came up beside Obi-Wan near the doorway.

Obi-Wan tried not to balk. "It is more than enough. I just hope not to put out any of your guests."

Bail waved his hand. "Not at all. Breha and I agreed to always have a room reserved for friends and family. You fall in that category."

"How is your wife?" Obi-Wan asked. "I hope she doesn't mind our arrival as well."

"She is dealing with some disputes down in the city right now, but she is eager to see you. I told her you were coming as soon as you called."

Obi-Wan nodded. "And-" he cleared his throat, unsure if this is something he could ask or even has the right to ask. "Your daughter?"

Bail seemed to light up at this. "She's beautiful," Bail smiled. "She looks just like her mother." He said, giving Obi-Wan an appreciative look.

Obi-Wan smiled sadly. His attention was pulled away as the doctor walked up to the two of them.

"She is perfectly healthy, all her vitals are good. I expect her to wake up sometime soon." He explained.

"Thank you, Grav." Bail said and nodded his head in a dismissal. Once the doctor left the room, Bail closed the door behind him. "I believe we now have time for you to explain." He gestured over to Azel, making Obi-Wan sigh.

"I believe we do."

Bail went over to the minibar to pour them both drinks before Obi-Wan led them out onto the patio. It's cold out, but he doesn't want to risk Azel overhearing them in case she wakes up. They sat together on the chairs, and Obi-Wan took a drink before going into everything that has happened.

Once he finished, he polished off the rest of his drink in one gulp, not realizing how messed up of a situation he's in until that moment.

Bail sat listening intently the whole time, nodding his head along with the story and taking drinks here and there. There is nothing funny or amusing about his situation at all, and yet as he completes his explanation, he finds himself staring in shock as Bail begins laughing.

"What is so funny?" Obi-Wan asks, nearly laughing himself. In all honesty, he could be laughing too based only on the absurdity of it all.

"Oh Obi-Wan," Bail said between the laughs and then looks at Obi-Wan fondly. "Leave it to you to find another Skywalker."

Obi-Wan scoffed at that, shaking his head.

"No, really. I never once saw you or Anakin separately, except of course if he had an excuse to see Padme. But," Bail is smiling again. "Wherever you are Kenobi, a Skywalker is never far behind. It is like your bloodlines are drawn to each other through the Force."

Obi-Wan felt a sad fondness wash through him as Bail spoke, but had to scoff at his last sentence. "That is not how the Force works," he said with amusement.

"Well," Bail started and drank the rest of his drink. "Don't you believe in anything other than the Force? Fate perhaps? The will of the universe?"

Obi-Wan genuinely thought on the question. "I've never had reason to." He said. "I've only ever known the Force."

"Give it some thought," Bail said kindly before standing up. "I'm afraid I must go attend to some Senator duties of mine. Breha will not be happy if I don't complete these errands before the gathering tomorrow evening."

"Will it be here?"

"Downstairs in the main ballroom, and the courtyard if it doesn't snow too horribly. You and Azelynn are more than welcome to join, I know Breha would love it."

Obi-Wan smiled kindly. "Thank you, I'll keep it in consideration."

Bail went to open the patio door before he stopped, a frown on his face. He turned to Obi-Wan looking a bit gravely. "Does," he cleared his throat and lowered his voice. "Does she know about the twins?"

"No," Obi-Wan said.

Bail nodded. "I just, I wouldn't want to go through a next-of-kin type of situation-"

Obi-Wan was already shaking his head. "That wouldn't happen even if she did know. I know her. Leia is in perfect hands here and she wouldn't want to take that away from any of you."

Bail nodded. "So, it would be safe for them to meet?"

Obi-Wan nodded his head. "Of course."

Bail smiled. "Good. I'd like for them to meet." He said before entering the room again. He took Obi-Wans glass from him and placed both in the sink.

Obi-Wan closed the doors behind them, glanced at a still sleeping Azel, and then went to the fireplace to turn it on.

"There are droids available to you for cleaning service as well as food delivery. Grav is also on call to you in case anything changes with Azel. Also, the closet is fully stocked with spare clothing, for any occasion. I will try to be by before tomorrow evening but if I'm not, it is a formal event."

Obi-Wan nodded his head in understanding.

"My home is open to you, wherever you wish to venture, should you choose to. If not, here is the data pad to call on the droids, myself, or Grav." He pulled a data pad from a draw at the minibar and handed it to Obi-Wan.

"Your hospitality is lavish. I'm incredibly grateful, Bail."

The taller man smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder. "Anything for an old friend."

--

Azel first became aware of how warm she is all over. She feels the comfortable weight of something over her, and the softness of a bed beneath her.

Then she became aware of her headache. She absently put her hands to her head, and a frown formed between her brows. She's never felt anything so excruciating.

"Azelynn?" She heard a familiar voice say her name.

Azel opened her eyes, and found herself surrounded by large pillows and fluffy gray and white blankets. She moved them away to see over the warm pile and found herself in a room she has never seen before. She would have panicked if it weren't for Obi-Wan coming up beside her and sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Where are we?" She asked him, sitting up. Her hands shot to her head again, and she groaned in pain. She shouldn't have sat up so fast.

"Alderaan." Obi-Wan answered. "I'll call for the doctor to bring you something for the pain." He said, and then went over to the data pad to do exactly that. Azel briefly examined her surroundings as he did so, really noticing the large and soft bed she is in. The air is warm from the fireplace across the room, and the sun must be setting from the fading light outside the windows.

Obi-Wan came back and reclaimed his spot on the edge of the bed. He turned his body towards her so they are face-to-face, neither of them seemed to mind how close together they are. All Azel would have to do is drop her head forward, and her head would be resting on the junction between his shoulder and neck.

She felt tempted to do just that, seeking comfort from the head pain, but her confusion stopped her.

"Why are we on Alderaan?" She asked him. She felt thankful for the dim lights in the room or else she may not have her eyes open right now.

Obi-Wan really contemplated his answer, which only confused her more. "What do you remember?" He asks her.

Azel blinked, and then closed her eyes trying to remember what happened before she fell asleep.

And unfortunately she remembers everything. She witnessed the growth of her brother and Sith Lord Darth Vader. She spoke to him, she was in his mind. She doesn't know how that is possible, she doesn't know why she witnessed all of it or why the Force connected them.

What she does know though, is that Obi-Wan failed to mention any of it.

Azel glared at him, and he dared to look away. He knows she knows and he knows she is angry.

Of all the questions she has racing through her mind there is only one she found constantly coming to the surface.

"Why?" She asks him, her voice gravely. She's glad it's a simple question, she's not sure she could muster a sentence with how badly her head hurt and how angry she is with him.

Obi-Wan stood up to pace beside the bed. His left hand wrapped around himself and his right is rubbing at his beard. His brows are furrowed like he is contemplating how to answer. Oh please do choose your words carefully, Azel thought sarcastically.

He stopped pacing after a moment, and faced her. He looks her straight in the eye, his are glazed over with desperation and sadness.

"I'm sorry," he tells her.

He's sorry. He's sorry

That's it?

Is he kidding?

She felt the power in her and acted before she knew what she was doing. She thrust her hand out and Force-pushed Obi-Wan into the wall behind him. She felt the Force flow around her and blow her hair away from her face as she did. Obi-Wan hit the wall is a sickening thump and hit the floor with the same sound. Obi-Wan sputtered in his place on the floor, coughing and trying to catch his breath. The wall is still intact, but she pushed him hard enough to certainly knock the wind out of him.

And yet, she doesn't feel sorry for it.

"Azelynn-" Obi-Wan tried speaking but Azel wouldn't have it. She stood up from the bed, ignoring the pain in her head as she did, to enter the bathroom and slam the door behind her.

Obi-Wan tried to collect himself he coughed lightly from hitting the wall. He stood up and leaned himself against the wall he was just thrown at.

That went well, he thought and sighed.

Azel paced the bathroom.

She couldn't believe this! All this time and he didn't tell her. What was he thinking? Why would he do something so dishonest? She thought they were past that. She thought they were friends.

Azel sat on the floor with her head in her hands and her mind racing a mile a minute. Her head still hurt, and now even more so from her rampant thoughts.

She witnessed Obi-Wan training her brother and raising him since he was little. She watched them become best friends--hell, more than that, she watched them become brothers.

Most of Obi-Wans life was spent with Azels brother, and he didn't even think to mention it to her.

All this time, from the moment he discovered her identity, he could have said 'hey I knew your brother', or 'hey he wasn't always a terrible Sith', or really any kind of reassurance when she kept feeling guilty for association would have suffice. Kriffing Hutt munch.

Maybe he felt the same way, her mind supplied.

Azel shook her head. Yeah, and perhaps the only reason he chose to train me is because he feels guilty for what happened to Anakin.

Azel stared at the cabinet in front of her, her eyes unseeing. What if that is the reason? What if he never cared about her at all, and this is about his redemption both with himself and the Force. Her eyes narrowed into a glare. He's using her for his own personal gain. He never cared about her, or finding her mother.

Azel sighed in defeat. She's speculating now, and won't know his reasons unless she asks him. Assuming he is actually honest with her.

She stood up and turned the shower on, deciding she needs to feel warm water on her skin. It was only then that she took a look around her. The bathroom is all shining white and grays, the rugs and towels are a dark shade of blue. The entire room is larger than necessary, just like the bedroom.

For the first time since she woke up, she wonders who the kriff it is Obi-Wan knows on Alderaan that this style of living is necessary. She wonders when and if she will meet the owners of such a luxurious space.

Azel removed her clothing and dumped it in the laundry shoot. The digital label above states that the clothes will be cleaned and returned by the morning.

It wasn't until after she deposited them that she realized she doesn't have a spare set of clothing. Azel sighed and stepped under the water. She doesn't have the energy to get worked up about it, and it's too late to do anything so might as well get on with it.

--

Obi-Wan stared at the door Azel locked herself behind. He didn't have much time to think about his next course of action before there was a knock at the door.

There stood a droid with medicine for Azel. Obi-Wan thanked him, and closed the door after retrieving the painkillers. He left them on the bedside table with some water for Azel when she came out.

Obi-Wan sighed. He should probably order dinner or find something to do. Azel isn't going to want to see him, it is best if he gives her some space.

He rubbed his hands over his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose. How has it come to this?

When Azel finished in the bathroom, she wrapped herself in a towel and peaked her head outside the door. Her eyes landed on a slumbering Obi-Wan immediately. He is laid out on the couch and appears to be resting peacefully. The warm glow from the fireplace is the only source of light in the room. She hadn't realized the time, but now knows it must be pretty late.

She fully steps out of the bathroom and heads towards the only door that she isn't familiar with. Much to her luck she finds rows upon rows of clothing. She picks the most comfortable-looking garments—consisting of light blues— and retreats back into the bedroom.

Azel gazed at Obi-Wan before heading towards her bed. His arms are crossed over his chest, which is rising and falling with his deep breathes. He looks so peaceful and young like this. The glow of the fireplace ignites his features in warm tones, reminding Azel of how he felt to her in that vision with Vader. His Force signature is radiant with goodness and light, bringing comfort and peace to those around him. She sees it in him now with how the firelight dances on his skin and hair, like it is exposing his Force signature from the inside.

She looked away from him, shaking her head. Her anger and confusion with him doesn't change, despite the reminder of his genuine essence and how it has saved her and guided her through uncharted waters.

That small moment of fondness led Azel to the nearest blanket, and brought it over to Obi-Wan to drape it across his body.

He may not care about her, he may have manipulated her, but she is still desperately falling for him.

What a truly messed up situation she is in.

She moves to the bed to find medicine and water waiting on the bedside table. She takes it and drinks the water greedily, not realizing how thirsty she really was.

She crawls into bed afterwards, feeling as comfortable as she had when she'd awoken earlier, but suddenly feeling more tired than ever. It doesn't take long for Azel to fall into a dreamless sleep.

--

*The line 'Wherever you are Kenobi, a Skywalker is never far behind.' that Bail says is actually a quote I saw on Pinterest. This is the original line: "Where there is Kenobi, you will always find Skywalker not far behind."

OlvasΓ‘s folytatΓ‘sa

You'll Also Like

249K 6.7K 61
The last person in the galaxy you would ever want to be trapped with inside a little ship in space was your arrogant, cruel master- Anakin Skywalker...
425K 15K 31
"everything i loved, became everything i lost" [STAR WARS; episode ii-iii] [OBI-WAN KENOBI] WINNER OF BEST OBI-WAN KENOBI FANFIC AND BEET CHARACTER D...
228K 8.1K 43
I'm a Jedi Padawan... oh wait, I'm not. No Master will pick me. I'm the fabled "Weakest Jedi." My connection to the force is so below-average I can b...
194K 8.4K 52
1st place: Star Wars Fanfiction Awards Luke Skywalker is turning 8 in just a few days on Empire Day. Unfortunately, the Empire has ordered a galaxy-w...