Chapter 8

The night sky is littered with sparkling lights. All the stars in the Galaxy could be seen, along with the thick stardust strip directly overhead that indicates their galaxy. It's easy to get lost in those stars, just staring up at them and wondering how much else, who else, and what else is out there.

Azelynn dreamed of being among them. She dreamed of being far away from the planet of Tatooine, somewhere with lots of blue water and green trees.

"Day dreaming again, Lynnie?" She heard her mother say behind her. Lynnie is the nickname her mother used on her occasionally. It's the special one that no one else uses except for her mom.

Azelynn turned around in her chair to see her mom standing in the doorway. Her dark hair is pulled into a knot at the base of her head, and her tan robes look warm and cozy. Azelynn always liked her mothers robes, they smell like her.

Her mother is beautiful. Azelynn only hopes that one day she could look like her. However her bright blonde hair and blue eyes determine otherwise.

"Will I ever be as pretty as you?" Azelynn pouted to her. Her mother frowned and approached her.

"You are beautiful, Lynnie. Where is this coming from?"

Azelynn looked up to meet her gaze. "You're always so pretty. I want to look just like you when I grow up, but I can't."

Her mother smiled fondly at her and sat down in the chair beside her. "Everyone is pretty in their own way." She began to run her fingers through Azelynns hair, and watched as her daughter stared up at the sky some more.

They're sitting on the balcony of their home. Other dwellings could be seen in the distance, and on either side of them, but the sky is the main sight to see on their balcony.

"You're growing so fast, sweetheart." Her mother said to her absently.

Azelynn looked over to her with her wide eyes. "I'm only," Azelynn looked down at her fingers and counted on them, "Three," She said and held up said amount of fingers.

Her mother smiled to her. "Yet you're so smart." He mother complimented, and then paused. "I think it's time I tell you about someone."

"Who?" Azelynn asked, suddenly excited with wonder.

"Your brother." Her mother answered.

"Brother?" She repeated with a frown. "Like what Mae and Jayce are?"

Her mother laughed. "Sort of. But Mae and Jayce are sisters. A brother is the boy version of sister."

Azelynn contemplated this for a long while, trying to process it in her young mind. "I have a brother?"

"Yes." Her mother smiled down at her, although it is a pained expression. "And you remind me of him."

"Why?" She asked curiously.

"He has blond hair and blue eyes like you. He is handsome as you are pretty."

Azelynn smiled giddily at that and then asked, "Where is he?"

Her mother sighed and then looked up to the sky. "He is out there," She said to her, and Azelynn looked up as well. "He is flying around the galaxy as a Jedi."

"Jedi?" Azelynn questioned with a frown. "Why? What is that?"

"Jedi are the guardians of this Galaxy. They protect the people, and save lives. They're gentle, and brave, warriors."