Motel 6 // n.h

By _HakunaMatata_

Motel 6- where you may find cockroaches in the showers, questionable food in the vending machine, and maybe... More

Motel 6 [Niall Horan]
[1] Escape
[2] Danger
[3] First Impressions
[4] 5 Star Restaurant
[5] Lakepoint View
[6] Liar, Liar
[7] Safe Haven
[8] The Whale & the Shark
[9] Tracker
[10] Conflicts
[11] Build-A-Bear
[12] New York City
[13] M&M World
[14] Reunion
[15] Suspicions
[16] Asthma Attack
[17] The Date
[18] The Truth
[19] Telling Harry
[20] Sick
[21] Fight
[22] Trouble
[23] Darcy's Arrival
[24] Relocating
[25] Late Night Bus Talks
[26] Road To Recovery
[27] Nevada
[28] Reunion
[29] Little Talks
[30] California
[31] Doctor
[32] Discovered
[33] Police Station
[34] Bathtub Adventures
[35] Trouble in Paradise
[36] Mistakes
[37] Temporary Separation
[38] Together Again
[39] Date
[40] Brave
[41] Confusion
[42] Realization
[43] Missing
[44] So Close
[45] Finally
[46] Airplane Ride
[47] Happily
[48] Late Night Talks
[50] On The Road Again
[51] Finally Back
[52] Drunk
[53] Surprise
[54] Visiting Marcus
[55] The Magazine
[56] Forgiveness
[57] 4th Of July
[58] Watching
[59] Telling Avery
[60] The Plan
[61] It's Time
[62] Unexpected
[63] The Forest
[64] Safe and Sound
[65] Mullingar
[66] Meeting The Family
[67] House Hunters
[68] Final

[49] Hospital

586K 13.1K 14.3K
By _HakunaMatata_

.

.

  Niall Horan

.

.

  "She told me last night that she's feeling better." I told the nurse. "Please, she'll be okay to leave today. Please, ma'am." I tried being as polite as I could with this woman, but all I wanted was to get Avery out of that hospital bed.

  "I'm sorry, sir." The rather large nurse said. "We need to keep her longer. Another day at the least."

  "But why?" I whined. "She's okay. She's okay, right? There isn't anything wrong with her?" I suddenly started to panic. What if this whole time they were looking into something that was wrong with her? My heart started to beat quicker and my breath became hitched in the back of my throat.

  "No, there hasn't been any complications." The nurse assured me. "We just need to keep her under this new pain medication." I frowned, why on Earth would they put her on new pain medication?

  "I don't understand." I admitted. "She told me she wasn't in as much pain last night-"

  "The things that patients tell me are confidential." The nurse sighed, rubbing her temples. "But since you're obviously so concerned, Ms. Holmes has personally told me that her pain is increasing, so we had to switch her dosage and we need to make sure that it agrees with her system."

  I stood there speechless. Why would she lie to me?

  "O-okay." I nodded, stuffing my hands in my pockets. "Thank you for tellin' me." 

  The nurse smiled and then turned around, going back into Avery's room. Ave was currently sleeping even though it was the middle of the day. The boys, Darcy, and Aimee were supposed to be meeting me at the cafeteria right now.

  Still wondering why Avery would lie to me, I walked over to the elevator and pressed the first floor button, where the cafeteria was. I made sure that I had some money in my wallet because I knew that Aimee would want to get a cinnamon roll (they were her favorite.)

  "Daddy!" I heard Aimee's voice as soon as the elevator doors opened. In the lobby stood the rest of our group greeting me with smiles. They'd all been acting nice towards me because they knew that I was going through a lot right now.

  "Hey, guys." I smiled. Aimee practically jumped into my arms and attacked me with hugs. Her hair was neatly done in two small pig tails, obviously done by Darcy, and she wore a plain purple shirt with jeans and pink flip flops.

  "You ready to grab a bite to eat?" Louis asked.

  "Yeah, did you guys bring cash? I only have fifteen." I glanced around.

  "I've got a hundred." Zayn smirked. "I'm the richest here." He joked. I laughed and we continued talking as we made our way down to the cafeteria, only to see that there were some girls who appeared to be fans sitting there.

  "How do they even get in?" Liam asked, scratching the back of his head. Some girls squealed and started to run up to us. As much as I loved the fans, all I really wanted was a cinnamon roll and some peace and quiet. I'd never ask them to leave, though, that'd be terribly rude.

  "Sign this?" A teenage girl with a piece of food in her braces begged. I smiled back at her and took the pen from her, writing my sloppy autograph on the paper. "Can you, too?" The girl pointed at Aimee, who blushed.

  "She, uh, can't exactly write yet, darlin'." I chuckled. Even though she couldn't write, Aimee took the sharpie and scribbled on the piece of paper. I saw some girls taking pictures and I laughed at Aimee, who began to blow kisses at some of the fans.

  "Alright guys, we'll see you around!" Harry waved. The fans understood to give us our space thankfully, because it seemed like they parted the way and we got to the front of the food line and ordered.

  After ordering, we sat down at our own table and the girls watched us from afar. Aimee kept fussing and begging to go visit them. She truly craved their attention, which everyone thought was cute, but I realized that it might be because her father neglected her so much. The poor thing just wanted someone to notice her.

  "Here, she's got some icing on her chin." Zayn swiped it away and then wiped his hand on a napkin. Aimee laughed and took a sip of her large Coke, which might make her super hyper, but I prayed it wouldn't be too hard to get her to nap.

  "So how's Avery?" Darcy asked.

  "Holdin' up." I said. "I was trying to get her out today but the nurse said I can't until tomorrow at the earliest."

  "Is it that bad?" Darcy frowned. 

  "Apparently." I nodded. "Avery told me last night that the pain wasn't so bad, but then I found out she had the nurse give her more pain medication. I'm not sure why she'd lie to me about that." I also wasn't sure why I couldn't let it go, either, but I didn't say that out loud.

  "Ask her, lad." Liam suggested. "Oh, and we're gonna need to stay the night here. Hotel got raided last night by fans and we barely slept a wink." I groaned and nodded. It seemed like things were just adding up and it made the situation more frustrating.

  "I'll ask the nurse." I said. "There's room for a few more in Avery's room, but I think she needs her space. Aimee and I'll stay in there and maybe we can ask if we can just get another room. Hopefully they'll let us."

  "Another sleepover?" Aimee asked.

  "Yeah, princess." I said, kissing her forehead.

  "Well, we've still gotta get our luggage and everything from the hotel." Liam said.

  "Best do that soon." Louis added.

  For the rest of lunch, we talked casually while the fans made Vine videos of us. The only reason that I knew this was because each time a new Vine would pop up Harry would show us. He was the only one who had the app and was obsessed with watching it for some reason.

  After we ate, we parted ways. The boys and Darcy decided that they were going back to the hotel to grab their things after we talked to a few nurses and got an extra room for them. I took Aimee to go visit her mum, which she told me several times that she missed lots.

  "If she's sleepin' then we need to be quiet, okay?" I reminded her as we went up in the glass elevator. Fans from outside were waving and shouting at us. "We can watch Netflix."

  "Netflix is my favorite thing." Aimee said. "I love it so much."

  I laughed at her and ruffled her hair as we got to the floor that Avery was staying on. We could hear beeps from various heart monitors in other rooms as we walked down to the last room. When I poked my head in, I could see that Avery was awake, her eyes fixed on the t.v.

  "Knock, knock, it's Doctor Horan." I joked. Avery turned and smiled weakly. In the broad daylight I noticed how weak and tired she was. Last night, or earlier this morning I should say, she seemed fine. Now I know that it was all an act.

  "Mommy!" Aimee said, running across the room to her mother and somehow climbing up into bed with Avery. I watched closely to make sure that Avery wasn't showing any pain.

  "Hey, guys." Avery chuckled. "What've you been up to?"

  "We just had lunch with everyone." I smiled, sitting on the side of the bed that Aimee wasn't occupying. "They're gonna head back to the hotel and bring their luggage over. Fans took over the hotel so now they need to switch." I laughed.

  "Oh." Avery giggled. "I hear them singing off and on. It's pretty cool."

  "Yeah, they're pretty cool." I nodded. "How've you been holding up? Feeling okay?" Avery nodded quickly, giving me the most fake smile that I think I've ever seen. I didn't want to bring it up, though, because Aimee was right here.

  "Hey Aims, how about ya watch some Netflix?" I asked, sliding my new phone out of my pocket and clicking on the Netflix app. Aimee was so obsessed with it that I had just gotten her a separate account from me, because in my recommended list it kept showing toddler shows.

  I set Aimee up with some Netflix across the room. She laid down on the couch with some Bear and the Big Blue House, and I hoped that it would keep her content for a bit. I smiled as I watched her sing along to the theme song, then going back to Avery's bed and planting a kiss on her cheek.

  "I'm sorry we can't go to Motel 6 today." Avery said sadly.

  "Yeah, about that..." I trailed off. "The nurse said that you told her you were in more pain, but you told me that you weren't. What's goin' on? You know you can tell me the truth." I said softly. I didn't want her to get the wrong impression and think that I was mad at her, because I wasn't.

  Avery blushed and sunk down in the bed.

  "It's just a little bit of pain, I'm fine." She lied.

  "No, it's not." I argued. "You're hurting. It's obvious."

  "I'm okay, I swear." She tried again.

  "No ya aren't, babe." I chuckled, leaning down and kissing her. "Please tell me what's up. You know that you can trust me and tell me exactly how you're feeling." I watched as Avery bit her lip.

  "Okay." Avery sighed. "To be honest, the bruises still really hurt. The nurse says that they're going to give me a scan just to double check that there isn't anything seriously wrong. I didn't want to tell you because I know how much you want to leave and how much you hate this place."

  I couldn't help it, I laughed.

  "Avery." I scolded. "You're lying in a hospital bed, in pain, and you're worried about what I want? Yeah, I don't like hospitals one bit and I'd like to go back to Motel 6, but right now all that I care about is that you get better. Don't pretend to feel better for me, okay?"

  "I feel bad." Avery sighed. "Now everyone else has to sleep here because their hotel is being mobbed and everyone's just waiting to leave for Motel 6 and I feel like I'm causing all this trouble." 

  Avery was something, all right.

  Avery was the type of person that hated to be a bother to people. She didn't like people going out of their way for her, didn't like people sacrificing things for her, didn't even like receiving things. And I knew why- it was because she wasn't used to it. So now that she was getting all of this stuff and people were going out of their way for her she didn't know how to react. She was humble and it was something that made me admire her and fall even more in love with her.

  "I forgot to tell ya, your mum and dad are coming in later today with Sam." I said.

  "What time?" She asked, her face lighting up. It was sweet to see how much she cared for her family.

  "I think their flight lands at around three, so maybe three thirty?" I guessed, scratching the back of my head. "They were worried sick about you, Ave. At least fifty search parties were goin' on for ya." She bit her lip and looked out the window.

  "And they didn't find..."

  "No, Jake and Kate are still out there somewhere." Their names put a bad taste in my mouth. "Just try not to worry, okay? Right now you need to rest. Besides, we've got people guarding the place and I'm not lettin' you get away from me any more." She smiled and nodded, leaning over to kiss me.

  "I think we're being watched." I chuckled, jerking my head over to Aimee, who was pretending to watch her show but really watching us. Avery laughed at Aimee hid behind a pillow on the couch, one of her pigtails still visible.

  "So do you think I'll be able to leave tomorrow?" Avery asked.

  "Only if you feel up to it." I said. "And I want you to tell me if you don't, okay? No more keepin' things from me." Avery sighed and raised her right hand.

  "No more keeping things from you, fine." She agreed. "And I actually do think that this new pain medication is working, so hopefully I'll be okay. I'm excited to go back."

  "Me too." I said, smiling.

  Suddenly, Liam burst through the door. It seemed like every time we had a little time to ourselves, there was always someone interrupting us. He wore a frown on his face and had a phone in his hands. 

  "Guys, it's Marcus." He said, his shoulders slumped. "They just got him checked in here and he's not doing so well... they're not sure if he's going to make it."

 .

.

.

a/n:

.

  NO MARCUS

  honest opinion, do you think i'm a good writer? bc right now i feel like all i do is rush chapters and i feel like such a crappy writer.

  anyways, i'm not leaving wattpad! there's been glitches happening on here that are really frustrating and annoying. if you don't know what I'm taking about, for some reason I went from fan fiction number one all the way down to number 220 or something. 

  BUT HOPEFULLY THE PROBLEMS WILL BE FIXED SOON.

  vote/comment/fan

.

  - x Delilah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 9.2K 56
I write funny, cute, and sad; basically any imagine you ask for. Leave suggestions in the comment box! I will do requests, but I will title the chapt...
1M 4K 120
Preferencesssssssss At That One Direction Ones
924K 10.6K 200
These are random preferences that I think of then write down. I do any that pop into my head so there are no limits. I take requests, They may not be...
17.8M 133K 189
A collection of preferences from Tumblr. Simple. Good. **some may contain sexual references which I will notify at the start of the preference*** n...