Love And Games (Editing)

By Jbooks95

Dylan and Michaela (Kayla) are soccer-loving childhood friends. After a series of unfortunate events, Dylan m... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Cast Members
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 17.

32 2 1
By Jbooks95

*DYLAN*

Sweat was flowing out of every pore of my body, and my breathing was starting to get ragged, but I had to keep going. I lifted the weights one more time over my head and started lifting my arms up and down.

"You alright there, bro?" Carlos asked sitting on the bench next to me, taking a break from the weights himself. "You've been going at it for  a while."

I grimaced, starting to feel worn out. He's right, I haven't stopped the minute I came in to the gym with the guys, while they've been going at a much slower pace.

Tristan turned to look my way from his position on the bars he was hanging from.

"I'm fine." I gripped. Sweat was trickling down my arms and my torso, and it had started becoming painful to lift up the weights over my head.

"You look like your struggling. Take a break." Bradley said coming in my line of sight. Suddenly my arms felt light and weightless, and I realized Bradley had lifted them up and had taken the weights off of me, before putting them down on the floor.

I slid down down the bench and sat up. "I said I was fine."

He rolled his eyes. "We're finishing up anyways. I'm starving."

Carlos's eyes lit up. "I heard food."

"No, not exactly. What I said was that I was starving. Where did you hear foo-?"

"Ok stop you two," Tristan said dropping down on the floor from his high up position.

I gave him a grateful look. God knows these two could go on for hours.

I picked up my gym bag from the floor. "We hitting the showers here?" I asked.

"Yeah, lets do that." Carlos agreed. "We gotta be fast though, I'm meeting up with Kayla at 4:30 today."

"For what?" I growled at him, my bag hitting the floor.

Why the hell was Carlos meeting up with her for?

"Woah.... calm down. We have an assignment for class we're working together on." Carlos says backing up from me and lifting his arms up defensively.

Bradley chuckled.

"Oh." I say, feeling stupid.

"Damn, you're whipped man." Tristan says slapping my back.

"Shut up." I mutter, grabbing my bag off the floor and making my way to the showers.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

We made our way up the elevator to our dorms minutes later to drop off our gym bags.

"Is that- is that food I smell?" Carlos says excitingly the minute the elevator doors opened to our lobby.

Sure enough, Kayla was on the stove cooking up something, while chatting to her friends who were helping out by chopping vegetables.

A couple of my teammates were leisurely laying on the couches watching the big TV on the wall while waiting for dinner to be ready.

My eyes went back to Kayla, almost involuntarily. She was laughing, carefree and it pissed me off. It pissed me off that my little stunt this morning meant nothing to her. She didn't even seem to care. Maybe it's a good thing after all that our kiss meant nothing to her. It meant I had nothing to worry about. It meant that I wouldn't have to work so hard at pushing her away. I don't know how it happened but I can no longer deny it. Somewhere along the way I started to fall for her, hard.

"I guess we might as well eat here guys, since Kayla cooked and everything." Tristan said.

"Fine by me." Bradley agreed.

I just shrugged, while Carlos had already run off to the girls to try and sneak some food away.

I went to my room and dropped my bag on my bed before heading back out.

"Alright. Foods ready." Kayla yelled across the room. Seconds later she was mobbed by starving soccer players all around her trying to get food on their plates.

I didn't intend on eating Kayla's food because we were not in good terms right now but I found myself walking to to the table and filling my plate up because honestly I was starving and the food smelled so good. I should be ashamed of myself, no dignity whatsoever.

Maybe I should just go eat in my room and save face. I turn around and damn! There she is. Staring right at me, then at my plate in my hands , then back to me. She was making that face where couldn't decide whether to laugh or yell expletives at me.

I scratched the back of my head. "Hey."

"Hi."

"Um, I texted you around lunch time to meet up to study, but did not get a reply."

"I know," She said. Nothing else, no excuse, no explanation, nothing.

I wanted to go back to being friends. I missed her. I can't believe that I ruined everything.  Why did I kiss her last night? Then again how could I not? She looked so beautiful, her lips so inviting, her words stirring things inside of me I thought were broken. She was like this light, blinding me, making me feel even for one second worthy of love.

Lies.

I was not to slip up again. I made a promise. But I needed my friend back.

"Look, can we talk?"

"We are talking."

"In private, I mean."

She nodded hesitantly and walked in the direction of her dorm. I followed her inside. She took an elastic band from around her wrist and grabbed her hair and pulled it into a bun on top of her head, exposing her neck. I thought I would be the one talking but she started.

"Look Dylan, you don't owe me an explanation really about this morning. I am not your girlfriend so you're free to do as you please."  For some reason hearing her say this made me frown. I was about to tell her something along those lines myself but hearing it from her made my heart clench.

"So... what happened last night didn't mean anything to you?"

"It doesn't matter now, does it? It obviously didn't mean anything to you."  She retorted.

"Answer my question."

"No." She looked to the side. I took a step towards her. Her chest was heaving up and down, her cleavage making it hard for me to concentrate on the conversation at end.

"Kay, look at me." I was now right in front of her. She snapped her head to face me, and bit her lip. Blood shot straight down to my groin. That was it!

I snaked my hand through the back of head, pushed her against the wall and smacked my lips on hers. They felt so soft and inviting. God, I needed this.

She gasped, her hands were on my chest like she was about to push me away but then changed her mind. Her hands grew weak and snaked around my neck and deepened the kiss. Her scent was engulfing me, and I needed more of it. I pressed my body against hers, feeling her breasts against my chest. I still needed to be closer to her. I picked her up by her thighs wrapping them around my waist, never breaking our kiss, and lifting her up and putting her down on her bed. She moaned when i grind my erection between her legs.

"Tell me, are you still not feeling anything?" I asked her, rubbing myself against her.

"Dylan, please..." She was panting. I reached my hand under her shirt, caressing her belly, my hand grazing her hard nipples through her bra. She hissed.

"Mmm? Tell me, baby."

She pushed up her hips against me causing me to grunt. "You know you're driving me fucking crazy. Now shut up and kiss me," She exclaimed, pulling my head right back to her.

She did not have to tell me twice. I pulled her shirt over her head, revealing a sexy pink bra with a bow in the middle. I raised an eyebrow.

She blushed a deep red.

"So that's what you've been hiding under these clothes of yours, huh?"

She laughed, and it was like music to my ears. I kissed her again, getting lost in the feel of her mouth against mine.

She pulled away. "Look Dyl, I have to know what all of this means." She says, her eyes down.

I sighed. "I'm sorry. I'm not trying to use you here. I've been trying to convince myself that I don't have... feelings for you for the past couple weeks." I started, feeling shy all of a sudden. This is so not like me, this girl is turning me to mush.

"You have?" She asked, with a small smile. I nodded. "And?"

I sit up. "It doesn't matter, anyways." I shook my head. "I'm not worthy of you."

"I get to say who's worthy of me or not." She pulls her shirt back on over her head. "And I'm not some damn prize, or trophy. I just need an equal."

"And I'm not even that." I say softly. This conversation was breaking my heart, but I did not want to bring Kayla into my darkness. She was my sunlight, my every waking thought, my rock. I had to put her off until I could feel whole again.

"Okay." I could not read her. "If you don't mind, I have some homework to finish off."

"Text me later?" I extended.

She nodded. I got up, walked out, and closed the door behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.8K 1.6K 74
I walk out my dorm building to the cafe. Just as I'm about to open the door I hear a person call out my name. I turn around to see the person joggin...
With You By liv

Teen Fiction

32.6K 2.2K 18
"What should I call you then? Sebby? Bash? Bastian?" "Don't refer to me at all." College is not what Sebastian Georges expected. Once the school's '...
986K 31.6K 42
UNEDITED VERSION When a social outcast who's harbouring secrets meets a stone-cold soccer player with an intense stare- sparks fly. The only question...
39.2K 1.4K 37
Mike is supposed to be the next captain of his school's basketball club, but the 17 year old play boy is distraught because he has to move after his...