A Thief's Journey (Uncharted...

De CaptainChaoss

[UNDER HEAVY EDITING] Treasure hunting, exploration, and thievery run in your blood. From the moment your mo... Mai multe

Introduction [Edited]
Part 1: Reuniting With an Old Friend
Part 2: The Search for Elena
Part 3: Jet-Ski Drive-By's
Part 4: A Step Closer to the Treasure
Part 6: Breaking and Entering
Part 7: Nepal
Part 8: The Location of the Cintamani Stone
Part 9: Locomotives, Choppers, and Tanks
Part 10: The Beast and an Attack
Part 11: Down With Lazarević
Part 12: Going for the Decoder
Part 13: London to Eastern France
Part 14: Killer Spiders
Part 15: Yemen
Part 16: Rameses the Pirate
Part 17: Hallucinogenic Water
Part 18: Sam and Rafe
Part 19: An Auction and an Old Friend
Part 20: The Saint Dismas Graveyard
Part 21: Madagascar
Part 22: On Our Way to Pirate Paradise
Part 23: Libertalia
Part 24: Treasure
*Nate's Ending*
*Harry's Ending*
*Sam's Ending*
*Rafe's Ending*

Part 5: Descendants?!?!

756 11 1
De CaptainChaoss

[Name]'s POV

The bullet hits the mercenary in the head and kills him, starting an all out war between the mercenaries, and Nate and I. I snipe down the guy with a grenade launcher who was aiming at Nate while my friend shoots the men in the lower part of the graveyard.

Once the lower part is cleared of enemies, Nate jumps onto a ledge and into the upper part of the graveyard. I line up my shot with a mercenary holding a shotgun, before pulling the trigger and killing him. Nate takes down the last two men before turning and looking up at my position in the window, "It's clear! You can come down."

I sling the sniper rifle on my back before dropping out of the window and grabbing onto a stone ledge on the side of the building. I jump across a few other pieces of stone over to a vine. I grab the green plant and slide down the stem, dropping the rest of the way to the ground, before running across the graveyard and joining up with Nate who waits for me.

"We make for a good team," I giggle while giving him a high-five him.

"We always have," he chuckles and we walk upstairs to the building with the heart symbol on the roof. Nate pulls the door open and I slip inside, him following me and letting the door close behind him. "Hey." Nate grins when we find Sully and Elena inside.

"Hey right back," Elena says while we walk over to them.

"I knew you could do it, kids! So what's next?" Sully asks us with a smile.

"Don't know. We're kind of figuring it out as we go," I shrug and Sully shakes his head with a laugh.

"Well you certainly haven't changed." he ruffles my hair and I chuckle.

"Well, this is definitely the right place, though," Nate says while looking around the room. Several symbols are placed around the room and Nate pulls out his book and chuckles, "These symbols... it has to do with these symbols."

I look over his shoulder at the symbols in his book, noticing the ones in the room need to be changed. "They need to be spun so they're facing the correct way."

Nate and I run to different sides of the room, fixing the symbols that needed changed. Sully looks around the room and chuckles, "Man, Roman and Navarro really tore this place up."

I walk over to the symbol of a snake, turning it so it's in the correct placement. The back piece of wall where the crown symbol is rises up, revealing a mantle and I walk over to Nate who laughs and wraps his arm around my shoulders, "Looks like we're in business."

"Let's just hope we're getting to the end of this," I chuckle, walking out from under his arm. I start clearing the bones off the mantle, tossing the skull to Sully, "Heads up!"

Sully catches the skull and scowls while setting it aside, making my two friends chuckle. Nate, Elena, and I climb through the passage in the mantle and we shine our flashlights around the tomb we entered.

"Whaddya make of it?" Sully asks us while climbing onto the mantle.

"I don't know, could be a dead end," Nate says when Elena walks over to an opening in the wall that looks like a path.

"Wait, it looks like there might be a passage this way-" she says and triggers a trap. The sound of stone moving fills my ears and my eyes widen.

"Sully! You need to get out of there," I tell him and he looks at me confused.

"Why?" he asks and I push him back into the room we came from.

"It's a trap!" I shout before the stone closes, sealing us off from him.

I quickly grab the radio off my belt and turn it on. "Sully! Are you there!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Still in one piece. You knocked me on my ass, though," he responds and Elena, Nate, and I breathe out in relief.

"Yeah well, you better get back to the library. We're going to have to find another way out of here," Nate says into the radio before turning it off.

I place it back on my belt and flash my light around the room, "Well, there's no way but forward."

My two friends nod and we jog through through the opening in the tomb wall and down some stairs into a dark and cold corridor. I run through the path and slow down once I reach the exit, into a cistern-like area with paths all over the place. The other two catch up to me and we look around in awe.

"What is this place?" Elena asks and an involuntary shiver runs up my spine. 'There's definitely something off about this place' I frown and Nate rests a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay? You zoned out again," he states and I fake a smile.

"Yeah... yeah! I'm fine," I tell him and he narrows his eyes. My eyes dart away from his gaze and I look around the paths that go everywhere, "What an elaborate way to hide a treasure."

"Which path should we start with?" Elena asks us.

Nate looks around, "Huh- wait a second..." he trails off and runs forward. I follow him while Elena staying behind to look around. Nate runs down some stairs and along one of the paths, dropping down onto the stone below. I follow him when something catches my eye several meters above me. I look up to the paths higher in the cistern to see something blurry run past. 'That wasn't human...' I frown, my eyes widening in slight fear.

"H-Hey, Nate," I whisper and he turns around to look at me.

"My god, you look like you saw a ghost," he says and I lick my dry, chapped lips.

"There's something down here... it's not human."

"It was probably just your mind playing tricks on you."

"No, there's some messed up shit going on here and I don't like it one bit."

"We'll find the treasure, then we'll get out of here," Nate tells me and rubs my shoulders reassuringly, when I remember how badly he wanted to leave a few hours ago.

'Funny. Now he wants to find the treasure and I want to leave' I tell myself before I follow my close friend along the path marked with the roman numeral for three. 'So we've went on paths 'I', 'II', and 'III' without me even noticing... how many more are there' I mentally sigh when we pass over the sign for 'IV'. The path splits into two and I look down a few steps to my left to see the symbol 'V' on the wall.

"This way," I say and we take the stairs down the path for 'V'. I jump onto a wall at the bottom, and climb up the stone pieces to the top landing. Nate follows me up and we run ahead and make our way up some stairs. We follow the path back to a water mill with the symbol for 'II' marked below it.

Nate and I shrug and he pulls the lever down, making the mill start to move. The large cogs start to turn and we hear Elena call up to us, "Some things just started moving near me!"

"Well, let's hope that was correct," Nate says, and we turn around and run back down the path.

We make a right instead of climbing back down the wall and I jump and grab onto the chain that moved from where it was originally placed. I climb up the chain onto the stone pathway above me and I look down to see the path for 'V' continues to my right. I follow the narrow stone path, dropping down onto some stairs on my left.

"If we manage to actually get through these crazy ass paths, I'll be impressed," I call back to Nate who jogs a fair distance behind me.

"Ha! You have no faith that I chose the right path?" he asks and I smirk over my shoulder.

"Absolutely not."

I continue up the stairs where I find the signs for 'VI' and 'III'. "Hey, Nate. Isn't there numerals on that map that belonged to Drake?" I ask and he catches up to me. He unfolds the map and nods his head, "Yeah, for two, five, and seven."

I find a wooden path behind the sign for 'VI', and I follow it back to two signs on the ground. I follow the sign for 'II' and I drop down onto the stone stairs below. I jump across a hole in some wooden planks and take another set of stone stairs up.

"Ohhh, come on," I groan when I reach the top to find swinging lanterns of death. I mutter many profanities under my breath while avoiding the spiky lanterns when I reach a wooden plank marked with the roman numeral for two.

Nate catches up to me and we look around and spot Elena below us. "Hey! We made it!" Nate waves down to her and she looks up.

"Hey, be careful! That thing doesn't look very safe- [NAME]! NATE!" she exclaims as the plank starts to collapse below us. We drop down and I grab onto one edge of the pillar while Nate grabs onto another. We drop down from there onto a wooden bridge and I wave down to Elena with a smile.

"It's all right! We're okay!" I shout down to her before looking at Nate, "We're going to die."

Nate face-palms and we jump onto the wooden path to our left, avoiding the swinging lanterns. We walk forward and into a makeshift elevator that drops down, startling us. I spot a wall with the sign for 'V' on it, making me grin and grab Nate's arm, "Look! There's the sign for five."

We walk over to the wall and Elena joins us a few seconds later. We find gate, but nothing around us to open it. "See if you can find a way to get this gate open. I'll wait here," Elena says while I'm already on the wall and climbing through an opening.

"[Name]! Wait up!" Nathan shouts while quickly climbing onto the wall and joining me. We go to walk over to a chain on our right when something runs across the bridge to our Northwest.

"What the hell?" Nate whispers shakily as the creature that looks like it's crawling makes a large jump and disappears from sight.

"That's kinda like what I saw earlier," I tell him quietly and he looks down at me. "Nate... this place probably has a reason for it being known as a passage to the dead," I frown and his face pales slightly.

"Let's just keep moving," he says and we make our way to a chain with the sign for 'III' behind it. I climb up the chain onto a wooden platform and Nate follows me up. We step onto another makeshift elevator when it drops from underneath us. We tumble out onto the ground and look through the gate to see Elena.

The gate opens and a wooden bridge drops, making me smile nervously. "That was meant to happen?" I say though it sounds more like a question.

"Well, at least it happened," Elena tells me with a smile while joining Nate and I. We lead her across the bridge and to the left where the sign for 'II' directs us. We go to make our way up some stairs when an explosion occurs, making me jump. I whip around in my spot to see Eddy and one of his mercenaries run out of an opening in a tower.

"Hey, bule! Last man alive gets the gold! You lose," Eddy waves to us and another mercenary comes out of the tower.

"Goddammit. How'd they even find this place?" I mutter while shooting the two mercenaries in the head with my pistols. More start to show up around us and Nate pulls out his gun and helps me clear them out. We start to make our way up a few steps and I shoot the guy with a grenade launcher three times in the chest.

Once the mercenary hits the floor dead, we move down to a sign marked 'II'. We follow the path into a stone tower and we run around the wooden pillar in the center and out of the room. I lead my two friends to the left with my pistols in hands, and we make our way up a staircase.

I look over the railing and I spot a mercenary below me making me smirk. I tuck my guns away in exchange for one of my daggers. 'Stealth time' I smirk and jump over the railing and onto the man. I cover his mouth and slit his throat with the dagger before letting go of him and letting his body fall to the floor.

I clean my dagger off and put it away, grabbing my pistols back out of their holsters. "Up we go," I say to Nate and Elena while running up the stairs again.

I spin the wheel on a wooden crank making a ladder move out and drop down below me, and one above me. 'Up' I smirk and climb up the rungs, getting shot at once I hit the top. I avoid the bullets and shoot back at the mercenaries, killing two of them. Nate shoots down the last one then looks to me once it's clear. I smile before running up the wooden ramp that curves around the tower.

"I hope this leads somewhere," Nate says from behind me when we reach the top. I crouch down against the wooden fence posts when I spot a few mercenaries ahead. When they aren't looking I stand up and shoot them in the head twice. "Good job," Nate praises while we run across the wooden planks and take some stone stairs down where the sign for 'VII' directs us.

"Thanks," I laugh slightly while Nate shoots another mercenary in the head.

We follow another wooden ramp up to our right that curves around another stone tower. 'I can't wait to get a break' I say mentally while running through a path in the rocks, and up some stone steps.

I exit the path and look around the circular room we're in with my guns ready. "There's nothing here," Elena points out while Nate and I scowl at the room.

"This is getting so old," Nate says and I shrug.

"I've had worse, but this is definitely getting tedious," I agree while refilling my gun clips. I turn around when a decomposed body catches my attention. 'Hmm what or who should I say was this?' I kneel down next to the body when I realize who it is.

"Oh my god... this is Francis Drake," I fall back in shock.

"What?" Nate gasps and joins my side, a look of defeat in his eyes. "He never found it. He just... died here."

Nate takes ahold of the ring on his necklace and clutches it in his fist before taking it off and looking at it. "So much for 'greatness'. Wasted his life... for nothing," he says while dropping his necklace on the body.

I move over to him and go to rest a hand on his when screams and gunshots from outside the room catch out attention. I stand up and look at Elena who looks back at me concerned. I quickly snatch Nate's necklace off the ground, grabbing my guns in preparation for a fight.

"Nate, are you ready to get moving?" Elena asks him while I take a few steps back, not knowing what's going on outside.

Nate looks back at me then down at the body before standing up. "Yeah... more than ever," he whispers and I send him a sorrowful look.

"There's got to be a way outta here," Elena says and Nate points at the ladder above us.

"There's a ladder," I chuckle while turning to Elena, "I'll give you a boost up, so you can make it up there and lower it for us."

I crouch down under the ladder and allow her to stand up on my shoulders, before I stand up myself. She jumps up and grabs the ladder, pulling herself onto the first rung. "Looks like an old hoist or something!" she announces while slowly climbing up the rest of the ladder. She disappears from sight for a few seconds before saying, "There's a rope- I'll try to lower it down for you two! There's also a tunnel up here- we can get out this way!"

The sound of something collapsing behind us makes Nate and I spin around and aim our guns at Eddy and his mercenary who haven't noticed us yet. "Well, hello boys," I grin and they whip around and aim their guns at us.

"Easy, Eddy. Easy," Nate says when an inhuman noise comes from outside, making Eddy look back.

"What the hell's going on out there?" Nate asks while lowering his gun slightly. I keep my gun up, but not aimed at Eddy or his mercenary, instead I have it out and ready for an attack.

"Didn't you see them?!" Eddy turns around and whisper-yells at us.

"Oh no... oh God no," the mercenary shakes slightly.

"We're trapped," Eddy starts to freak out.

"We're dead! We're all dead!" the mercenary backs up some and I watch as some kind of creature pulls him off the edge.

"No!" Eddy shouts and runs over to the edge, shooting his pistol down.

"Eddy, get back here," I state when a zombie-like creature hops onto onto the stone area we're standing on. My face contorts in horror and I scream, "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!"

We all step backwards and my back hits Nate's and Eddy's. "Drake, If we don't make it out of here, I just want you to know- I hate your guts," Eddy says and I mentally face-palm, before he says something to me, "And [Name], I may have tried to have you killed many times, but I respect you."

"Thanks Eddy, now how about we all intend to live," I say while shooting at one of the creatures multiple times.

"What the hell is going on down there?!" Elena calls out while Eddy, Nate, and I work together to kill the creatures.

"Just get that rope down here! Fast!" Nate shouts up to her and I roll out of the way as the weird creature tries to kill me. I lean up from my position on the floor, shooting the zombie-like thing a few times in the face, turning to my side and doing the same to another one.

"I fucking told you that what I saw wasn't human!" I exclaim while sending a quick glare to Nate.

"I should've listened!" Nate shouts back, and Eddy and I stand side to side and kill two more creatures.

"Fuck!" I swear when I notice my guns are out of ammo.

"I'll cover you," Eddy tells me while I quickly change the magazines in my pistols. As I'm putting the last magazine back in my gun, Eddy runs out of ammo and one of the creatures go to attack him, but I kill it at the last second.

"Nate! How are you doing?" I ask while spinning around and shooting another one of the creatures.

"I'm hanging in there!" he shouts back to me.

Elena groans from above us and I glance up for a few seconds. "Damn! It's totally rusted- it won't move!" she exclaims while trying to get the rope down to us.

"Keep trying!" I call up to her while reloading my guns quickly. 'That's it' I frown and exchange my pistols for the M4 on my back. The amount of the zombie-like creatures starts to settle down and I wipe through them with my carbine rifle.

"Dammit!" Eddy shouts as more show up.

"How many of these things are there?!" I shout while pulling the trigger of my gun and watching as many bullets penetrate the tan-colored skin on one of the creatures. 

I notice Eddy moving closer to the edge of the stone landing while shooting the zombie thing off it. "That's right, you ugly konyok! Don't mess with Eddy Raja!" he shouts down when one of the things grab him.

"Eddy!" I shout while running over to him with Nate beside me. Nate quickly shoots the one holding onto Eddy and I take care of the one climbing up the wall. "Grab my hand," Nate tells him and he does. My brunet friend helps Eddy back up to safety and we all back away from the edge.

"I'll put a bullet through your fucking brain if you attempt to kill us once we're out of here," I threaten Eddy while many more of the zombie things jump onto the platform we're on.

"Elena! Hurry up!" Nate calls up to her as we all start shooting again.

Time slowly ticks by as we try to hold out against the undead creatures when Elena finally gets the rope down. "Grab on! And hurry!" she calls down to us and the three of us grab the rope and quickly start to climb it.

Once we're all at the top, Elena swings us over and we drop onto the floor. "Through the tunnel!" I shout and the four of us start running for our lives.

Eddy, Nate, and I shoot over our shoulders at the undead creatures while Elena freaks out slightly. "Not good! Definitely not good!" Nate shouts as more seem to show up.

"We can see that, bule!" Eddy scowls while killing another creature.

"Stop arguing you two!" I snap at them, making them shut up. The path winds to an end and we all slip through the door and Nate shoves it shut and spins the wheel, sealing it up.

"What the hell were those things?!" Elena asks in fear while holding her pistol.

"We don't know," I tell her while backing away from the door.

"Now, Eddy. Are you going to cooperate with us? Or am I going to have to kill you?" I ask him while cocking my gun.

"Whoa! I'll cooperate. I may not get along with you all, but you did save my life," he says and I nod my head, accepting his answer. "But my men are all dead!" he growls while kicking a piece of rubble.

"[Name]... Nate..." Elena trails off and I spin around to look at her, but stop when I see the room we're in.

"Where are we?" Elena and I ask at the same time.

Nate and Eddy both look around, my brunet friend answering absentmindedly, "I'm not sure."

The creatures outside hit the door and we all spin around and aim our guns, extremely on edge. "Go take a look around," I tell Elena and she runs over to a circular table in the room. Eddy walks around the room, checking things out while Nate and I run over to a control panel and look outside to see a German U-boat in the water.

"Wow, this explains the U-boat in the Amazon," Nate says when Elena calls the three of us over.

"Look at this," she says and and we look down to see a map drawn out of the monastery and what looks like a picture of the treasure.

"So they found it... they must've broken into the vault and cleared it out," I state in slight confusion.

"Yeah, but what's with the monastery?" Eddy asks, equally as confused.

"I-I don't know... it doesn't make any sense. If that's where the statue is now... oh man, we were right on top of it," Nate's eyes twitch in annoyance.

"Goddammit!" Eddy bangs his fist on the table before walking away and looking around the room again.

"I bet this'll take us to the surface," Elena walks over to the gate that blocks off the entrance to an elevator.

I walk over and press the green button, but nothing happens. "There's no power. Guess the Nazis couldn't keep up with their electric bills," I roll my eyes while looking at the map beside the buttons, the rooms labeled in German. "Küche... no that's the kitchen. Schlafsaal, is the dormitory; Filterraum, Filter room... ah ha! Generatorraum! The generator room should have all the electrical boxes, if we can make it there, we could probably get the power back on!"

"When did you learn German?" Nate asks and I smirk.

"It's amazing what your travels can teach you."

"But how the hell are we going to get out of here?" Eddy asks and I smirk and walk over to the window.

"[Name]..." Nate narrows his eyes and I take the M4 off my back and smash the window with the butt of the gun.

"Here's our way out." I wink and turn around, knowing the two guys are staring me down. I climb outside and poke my head through the hole where the glass would be. "You guys coming, or are you going to gawk all day?" I chuckle and Eddy rolls his eyes while Nate coughs and hides his blush.

"Elena, I know you won't be able to make this jump. Do you want someone to stay behind or will you be okay on your own?" I ask her and she smiles.

"I'll be fine. The room is sealed off and I doubt those creatures can break down that door. You three are the ones that need to be careful."

"We'll be right back," Nate tells her and she nods her head.

"Yeah," she states and Eddy and Nate step out through the broken window.

I jump from the small window sill and grab onto a rusted pipe, climbing up it and jumping to the pipe on my right. I climb up that pipe and jump to a third one climbing it to the top. I let go of the pipe with one hand and push off, jumping to the pipes on my left.

I make my way across several pipes, before sliding down one and jumping onto a narrow metal platform with a rusted railing on it. "I sure hope my tetanus shot is kicking in right now," I laugh while jumping off the platform and grabbing a yellow pipe.

"I'm sure if any of ours wasn't, we'd all be dead by now," Nate responds while I climb across the pipe, over the German U-boat in the water below. I make it to the end of the pipe and jump off, grabbing the edge of the metal platform that leads into the bunker, and pulling myself up.

"Do you think there's going to be more of those makhluk?" Eddy scowls and I shrug while they join me on the platform.

"I hope not, but I have a feeling there will be."

"Just fucking great," Eddy scowls and we walk through an opening in the wall. We all turn on our flashlights and walk down some stairs, jumping over a hole in the platform.

"Wait a second," I say while turning my flashlight off. The two guys look at me curiously as I pull out my pistols and open a pouch on my belt, pulling out two flashlights that slide onto the gun. "Better," I smile as I use my guns as a flashlight, eliminating two birds with one stone.

"So you remembered everything but your sniper rifle?" Nate teases as we walk further through the corridors of the German bunker.

"Shut it, Nathan," I growl and Eddy snickers behind me.

"Ohhh she's angry now, bule." Eddy laughs at Nate whose eye twitches in annoyance.

We take a right at the end of the hall when the radio on my belt makes a sound. Sully's voice comes through staticky and I press a button on the radio. "Sully, come in," I say but Sully can't seem to hear me. "It's no use, we can't get a signal in here."

"Dammit," Nate swears as we quietly walk down the corridors. We reach a square area with a door on the right and a hall to the left. I turn and start to walk down the hall on the left when I kick a gun on the floor.

"Well look at this. No doubt a German bunker from World War II," I say while picking up the MP40.

"Does it still have ammo in it?" Eddy asks and I detach the magazine and look inside.

"A full round," I tell him while tossing him the gun. He catches it and looks at me in confusion, making me chuckle, "That pistol of yours is nice, but you need something for back up."

We continue walking down the corridor when we come to an intersection of paths. "What's through here?" I mutter and walk into the room on my right that has a film reel set up in it.

"What the hell happened here?" Nate asks while walking into the room along with Eddy.

"I don't know, but judging by all these guns on the ground... it wasn't good," I respond and Nate picks up one of the MP40's.

I walk over to the film reel while the guys collect ammo off the ground. "When the power is back on, we should see what's on this film," I tell them, and we start to walk through a hallway on our right when one of the creatures rounds a corner and crawls quickly towards us. I shoot it a few times with my pistols until it's dead, while Nate shoots the one that's clinging to the ceiling.

We walk to the middle of the hallway when one of the creatures comes out of the corridor at the end to our left. Eddy handles that one and we start to make our way down the corridor on our right when two more run out.

The three of us take them down quickly, proceeding down the hall only to find that it's a dead end. "Dammit," I curse before turning around and leading the guys down the corridor on the left.

Another creature drops down from the ceiling and I shoot it multiple times, reloading my gun once it's dead. We take a few more steps forward when another one runs around the corner. "Tch, these things are annoying," Eddy clicks his tongue in annoyance and uses his golden pistol to one shot the creature.

"By the way, I really like the gun," I tell him and he smirks.

I jog to the end of the corridor and peek out to the left and right, only to find that rubble blocks both of the paths. I turn around and jog back through the hall, making a right when I find a different corridor to go down. The gurgling sound the creatures make fills my ears and I aim my gun at the one that shows up. I shoot it multiple times until it's dead, while Nate takes out another one that showed up.

We continue down the hall, making our way into the generator room. "Now to figure out how to turn the power back on. Either of you two know anything about 1930's and 40's electricity?" I ask and the two deadpan, making me smile nervously, "Yeah, me neither."

We look around the room when Nate starts cranking a lever, starting the power generator. "Thank God," he mumbles when an alarm starts going off and the red emergency lights start flashing.

"Oh no, this is very bad," I mumble when the creatures crawl into the room. The three of us pull out our guns and we start shouting at the creatures left and right.

"Get to the power box, [Name]. Eddy and I will take care of these things," Nate tells me.

Eddy laughs suddenly and we look at him as he exclaims, "No one messes with Eddy Raja!"

Him and Nate continue fending off the creatures while I run through a door and shoot the creature that crawls out of a hole in the wall. It dies and I jump onto the landing and flip the switch for the power box. "The door under the emergency light opened!" Nate calls out as I run back into the room to see the bodies of the zombie-like creatures.

"Let's get the hell out of here!" I exclaim and we run through the now open door. I kill one of the crawling zombies before jumping up onto the landing and pulling the lever on another one of the boxes. A rumbling sound occurs and we share looks knowing a door just opened. I hop off the landing and Eddy kills another one of the creatures, before we make our way back down the corridor, killing more of them.

We run back into the room we were originally in to find more of the creatures crawling out from the ceiling and holes in areas of the wall. "We can trap them in here!" I shout while we make a run for the door we first entered the room through. Once we're all out, Nate and Eddy shove the door shut, sealing the creatures inside.

"This is turning out to be a really lousy day," Nate growls and I gasp.

"Really?! It's not like we haven't gone without food, sleep, and only a little bit of water this entire time. The only reason we're even still conscious is because of adrenaline."

"Sarcasm not appreciated right now, [Name]," Nate snaps while we make our way down the corridors and back to the room with the film reel. The faint sound of film reel rolling catches our attention and we look at the wall to see it projecting a video. We all approach the reel and watch as the film shows the sarcophagus/treasure we're after.

Suddenly the camera pans to a man chained to a pole, foam coming out of his mouth while he thrashes around. I look down on the table the film reel is on, picking up a picture of the treasure, a guy kneeling in front of it, and a dead body. I place the picture down and pick up the letter beside it, clearing my throat and catching the attention of the two men beside me.

"'My end is near... the devils hunt for me in the darkness. The gold of El Dorado bears a terrible curse; the Spaniards have unleashed hell, and become as demons. My men have all been murdered, leaving the task to me alone. No ship will depart this island; I destroyed them all, and drowned the cursed city. A thing of such evil must never leave these shores. In my final hour, I commend my soul to God. May He have mercy have mercy on this unholy place. Francis Drake.'"

"My God..." Nate trails off and Eddy's face holds horror.

"I don't know about you two, but I don't feel like being the one responsible for releasing hell on all of Earth," Eddy says and I nod my head.

"I think we can all agree on that. So, these creatures... they're a curse placed on humans. They're descendants," I say and Nate nods his head while turning off the film.

I grab the note, film reel, and picture off the table, placing it in my bag, when we hear the growl of the descendants. "Oh no, not again," Nate mutters and we start to shoot the descendants as they appear.

Minutes fly by as we take out the enemies before running over to the door the generator unlocked. Eddy turns the wheel and pulls the door open so we can all walk through it. We start to jog through the corridor and into the control room across from the one we left Elena in, only to find her missing.

"Elena?" I question, looking around for her.

"[Name]," Nate states and I glare daggers when I see Roman, Navarro, and a few mercenaries holding Elena in a tight grip. I walk over to the control panel in the room, slamming my fists on the glass window behind the panels.

"You listen, and you listen to me closely, you bastards. If there's one mark on her by the time I get to you, I will fucking kill you in the most torturous way possible. Watch your fucking backs," I growl as Eddy and Nate restrain me from breaking through the glass and killing everyone but Elena on the other side.

The speaker on our side goes off and Roman laughs through it, "I'm afraid there's no microphone on your end, but I'm sure that what you said wasn't too nice, Miss [L/Name]," he says and I flip him off while glaring at him.

"Calm down, [Name]," Nate says while tightening his grip on my arm.

"Oh, and thank you for leading us to El Dorado," Gabriel adds on while showing us the map that was originally in the room. They turn to walk away and Navarro smirks and waves his gun in the air, while Elena looks at us for help.

"Yeah, keep smiling, asshole," Nate mutters, and him and Eddy let go of my arms.

"I'm going to fucking kill them." I clench my hands and Eddy places his hand on my shoulder.

"Calm down, wanita. We'll find the girl."

"I've known Elena for a while, she's one of my best friends and she's like a sister to me. So don't be surprised if I cause a massacre when I see Roman, Navarro, and their mercenaries," I warn the two guys. "Got it?" I grit my teeth and they nod. "Good. Now, let's go find Elena."

I turn on my heel to leave the room when I hear a call for the mercenaries to take us out. "Seems their death is coming sooner then I anticipated," I smirk while pulling out my pistols.

"This is why you never hurt one of [Name]'s friends. She will kill you," Nate tells Eddy who gulps.

A mercenary runs up some stairs on our left and I shoot him down. Eddy takes out a second one on the stairs when another man comes around the corner at the bottom. I shoot down the steps and hit him in the head when a descendant crawls out of the wall by another mercenary. The man starts shooting the monster and when it runs away he turns to look up the stairs, but I put a bullet in his head.

We make our way down the stairs when the wounded descendant starts crawling towards us. I shoot at it four times when it falls back and dies. "So mercenaries and descendants... fantastic," Nate says sarcastically while we run down the stairs.

We run outside through an opening in the wall on our left, and Nate quickly shoots at another descendant until it's dead. I spot a mercenary with laser sight on his gun in an upper room across the water from us and Eddy shoots at him, killing him instantly. Another mercenary with laser sight runs over to shoot out the window and I fire one of my pistols, putting a bullet through his brain. Another one shows up in the room and I quickly take him down before running to my left and jumping on one of the boxes.

Two descendants come running around the corner a few feet ahead of me and Eddy kills one of them while Nate and I take out the other. One of the mercenaries scream from the area where the two descendants came from and I peer in to see a descendant chewing on his neck. I aim both of my pistols at the body of the creature before firing until it's dead beside the mercenary.

A low growl comes from down the corridor and two more descendants come running at us. Eddy and Nate take them down with a single shot and we take off down the corridor, making our way up some stairs to see a mercenary kill two descendants. I kill the man after both creatures are dead, and the two guys and I take cover behind a box when three descendants climb out of the wall down the path from us.

I pull out my sniper rifle and line up the shot for the one running in our direction before pulling the trigger. The force of the impact of the bullet sends its body flying back a few feet before he collapses to the ground. The other two descendants start running in our direction and Nate takes out one while I snipe down the other. Five mercenaries come from an area on the right and I take down two with my sniper while Eddy and Nate shoot down the last three.

"Where do you think Roman and Navarro took the girl?" Eddy asks while we get out of cover and jump off the small edge.

"I don't know," I respond while we run and take cover by some crates, peeking out to see the mercenaries in the room killing the descendants that came out of the wall. I take a grenade off my belt and pull the pin, rolling it across the stone floor towards the cluster of mercenaries and descendants. The bomb explodes and smoke fills the air before slowly dissipating.

"You've had grenades this entire time?" Eddy asks and I nod my head while throwing a grenade over some boxes and into another group of mercenaries fighting descendants.

"Yup."

The grenade goes off and once it's clear we walk towards another barrier of crates. I press my back up against the wood and peek around to see another mercenary in the room above me. I pull out my sniper rifle and look through the scope, lining it up with the head of the man. He shines the red laser on his gun around, looking for us, when I pull the trigger. The bullet hits him in the head and he falls back, never to stand back up.

"Nice shot," Eddy states as we leave our cover.

"Thanks," I chuckle and two descendants crawl out of two pipes.

"How many of these things are there?" Nate groans while him and Eddy kill the two creatures.

"Too many," I say and we climb onto a wooden crate then up onto a stone landing. We drop down onto the other side and we enter a small dark room with a rusted ladder on the wall. I run over and quickly start to climb up the rungs towards the grate at the top.

Sunlight shines down on us through the bars of a grate and I push it up and climb out. "Please for the love of god, say there's no descendants out here," I whisper while the two guys join me.

"[Name], we should check in with Sully," Nate suggests and I toss him the radio.

"Sully- are you there?" my friend asks, but receives no response. "Dammit- Sully, come in!" Nate shouts when the radio makes a sound, signaling a response.

"Thank God. Where are you and [Name]?" Sully asks and I sigh in relief.

"Heading your way. Eddy is with us, we're on neutral terms. Navarro and Roman got Elena though- we have to stop 'em," Nate explains to him when Sully's voice comes through frantic.

"Got problems of my own. Bastards have me pinned down outside the church."

"Nate, we're right by the church," I tell him and he nods.

"We'll be there soon, Sully," Nate tells him, before putting the radio away.

I take off down a path between some rocks to the ruined city, dropping down off a ledge onto the cobblestone roads. Nate and Eddy follow me through an alleyway towards the church where the sound of gunfire is coming from. "Time to save Sully," Nate says as we all pull out our pistols.

We run out of the alley and start shooting the mercenaries, protecting Sully in the process. I spot a red laser line up with Sully's chest and my eyes widen as I run towards him. "Sully look out!"

The gunshot goes off and I feel pain shoot up my right shoulder. "Kid!" Sully exclaims from beside me on the ground.

"I'm fine. Nothing that hasn't happened before," I chuckle while sitting up and shooting the mercenary on the balcony who shot me. We stay low by a brick wall and I toss Sully my bag while I use one of my combat knives to pry the bullet out of my arm. I grab my water bottle, cleaning the wound before looking at Sully, "There's gauze in there along with some bandages."

Sully roots through my bag and finds the gauze. "Found it," he states and starts packing the fabric on the wound. Once he has enough there to soak up the blood, he wraps my right shoulder and arm tightly with a bandage.

"Thanks pops," I chuckle and he sighs and ruffles my hair.

"What happened?" Nate gasps while him and Eddy jog over.

"I saved Sully," I explain and my brunet friend crosses his arms and narrows his eyes, gesturing for me to go on. "And I may have gotten shot in the process."

"Can you move your arm?" he asks and I take a lift my arm up, receiving some pain.

"It hurts, but I'll be good. I'll definitely need to go to the hospital later, but I can use it," I reassure him, before remembering what we needed to tell Sully. I turn to the older man who sees the concern on my face. "Anyway, on a more important note. We have to stop them, Sully. They don't know what they're dealing with."

"What're you-" he starts and I cut him off.

"We don't know how, but that statue destroyed the whole colony, and it killed the Germans, too," I explain and Sully shakes his hand in a motion to slow down.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, come again?" he asks and Nate shakes his head.

"There's no time! We've got to get to the church," he tells him.

"We better go now, because I swear if Elena is dead, I will lose it," I tell them while storming up the stairs to the door of the chapel.

We push the door open and Sully, Eddy, Nate, and I grab our guns and run in. Two men with laser sight on their guns start tracking us and we all get behind cover before they can shoot. "[Name], can you get them out of the balconies?" Eddy asks while shooting around a wall at a mercenary.

"Yes, I can," I say while putting my pistols away and taking out my sniper. "Nate, you got me covered?" I ask and he smiles and nods.

I smirk before moving around the wall I was behind and ducking down behind a pew. I take out my sniper rifle and lay it on the back of the pew, angling it towards the guy standing on a small platform connected to a pillar. 'I don't want to miss this' I frown while using the scope to line up my shot. He stays stationary and I pull the trigger.

A loud shot goes off and the guy on the platform falls to the ground dead. I smirk and angle the gun to my right, lining the shot up with the head of another mercenary on the balcony. I take the shot and he drops his weapon while falling to the ground. 'Two down' I hum while running in a crouched position to my right. I stop at that end of the pew and set my gun up again, taking down the mercenaries on another platform and balcony.

"One more on the higher ground," Sully tells me and I spot a guy standing on the stained-glass window with the heart on it, that's being used as a platform.

"That fall is high enough to kill him," I chuckle while pulling out my pistols and shooting at the glass window. It shatters and he yells while falling to the ground, slamming his head on the concrete below. No more mercenaries show up and I look back at my friends, "Is that it?"

"We got 'em all," Nate says and I start running towards the alter.

"C'mon- there should be a hidden passage right under the alter."

I look down at the stone alter and the three guys join me, before helping me push it back. It moves and we look down the small square shaped hole to see a pile of bones at the bottom.

"Holy shit..." Sully trails off and Eddy sighs.

"There's going to be more of those makhluk, isn't there?"

"What the hell is that?" Sully asks and my eyes widen.

"I forgot you haven't seen them. They're creatures that we're calling descendants. They crawl and are really fast, have claws, and they look like zombies. It was a curse that got to them, they used to be human... but then they opened that sarcophagus," I explain grimly while climbing down the ladder. "So you need to be careful down here."

I land on the bones at the bottom, before shining my flashlight around the dark area. "I'm still confused as to what's going on," Sully says after dropping down last.

"Drake didn't want to get the treasure off the island, Sully. He was trying to stop it from leaving! It's cursed or something. Those descendants [Name] was talking about are due to the curse," Nate explains while we run down some stairs and through the dark corridors. We make our way down another set of stairs and into a room with another staircase going down, beside the one we just came from.

I continue leading them down, past the wooden spikes with skulls on the tops. We enter a bright room to see some mercenaries guarding the sarcophagus, making Eddy, Nate, and I extremely worried. "Oh man," Nate says and him and Sully move forward, pulling out their guns. Two mercenaries with shotguns pull out theirs and point it at the back of their heads making Roman laugh.

"You two should realize by now that I plan for every contingency," Gabe says, and Eddy and I pull out our guns and aim them at the two mercenary's heads.

"And you seem to be forgetting there's two more of us," I smirk darkly.

"I don't think you want to do that Miss [L/Name]. I will kill her if the four of you don't drop your weapons down there," Roman refers to Elena then points to the water below us.

I stare at my friend and she looks at me with fear, I quickly toss my pistol down into the water below, the guys following my lead. Eddy and I look at each other and smirk since they haven't realized we have more guns on us.

"Good. Now, if you'll just hang tight, we'll be with you in a moment," Roman says before turning around and walking over to the sarcophagus. "It's magnificent. The craftsmanship, I've never seen anything like it before."

I place my hand on my hip and slowly slide it down to rest on the handle of my other pistol. Eddy's eyes flicker to me, and I send him a small smirk.

"That is only a shell. The real treasure of El Dorado lies inside," Navarro tells Roman while waving his gun around. "Open it."

I grip the handle of my gun, having a bad feeling about what will happen. Roman pulls open the sarcophagus, revealing a corpse wrapped in linen. "My God..." Nate whispers and Roman starts coughing violently, beginning to turn into one of the descendants.

"Navarro," Gabriel hisses, slamming the sarcophagus shut and turning to attack him only to be shot in the head once.

"Adios, jefe. So little imagination," Navarro laughs while calling for a net to be dropped down.

"Navarro, that thing wiped out an entire colony. You don't know what you're doing," Nate calls down to him.

"Wrong. I'm the only person on this fucking island who knows what the hell he's doing!" Navarro says and I let out a dry laugh.

"Ha! Well that's debatable. I'm beginning to question your IQ, Navarro. Though, I mean- how high could it possibly be?" I say and he glares at me.

"Ooo [Name]," Eddy says while making a sizzling sound, causing me to grin.

Some of the mercenaries work to tip the sarcophagus onto the net and Navarro looks at us again, "You are so pathetic, all of you scrambling around for your petty treasures. Do you have any idea what this is worth, to the right buyer?"

We watch as the sarcophagus is hooked onto a helicopter and starts to rise out of the tomb. The growling sounds of the descendants start to fill the air and I look at Nate and Eddy who glance around in search for the creatures. Navarro starts to freak out and he drags Elena off to the helicopter while his men get attacked by the descendants.

The two mercenaries aiming their guns at Sully and Nate become distracted, and Eddy and I quickly take the chance to kill them. "We need to get out of here, now," I say while Sully and Nate grab the shotguns from the dead mercenaries.

"You need to stop them. I'll cover you," Sully tells us and Eddy uses his Mp40 on the descendants.

"I'll help him," Eddy says and him and Sully work together to shoot the creatures while Nate and I shoot our way around the path.

I collect several gold coins as I keep up with Nate, and we run up some stairs, taking out the mercenary at the top before jumping from the ledge and onto the netting holding up the sarcophagus.

We are pulled out of a hole in the ground and Nate and I mock salute to a mercenary who stares at us in shock, his cigarette falling from his lips. "We're insane, I hope you know that!" I shout to Nate while the wind hits my face.

"I never would have guessed," he laughs when one of the mercenaries starts shooting at us. I keep my head low, but I still am able to see Elena kick the mercenary out of the helicopter. He continues shooting when he falls, but his bullets hit the pilot, making Navarro take control.

"GO ELENA!" I shout while fist-pumping the air with a grin. "That's my best friend!" I grin at Nate and he chuckles and playfully rolls his eyes.

Navarro tries to land the helicopter on the helipad on his boat when it starts spinning out of control. Nate and I fall off and hit the floor of the boat when the helicopter spins and stops before it falls over the edge.

"You ready to fight?" Nate asks and I pull out my M4. "Let's do this," I say and we start shooting our way through the mercenaries, making our way to Navarro.

We make our way up a ramp and onto the platform the helicopter crashed on. "Nowhere to hide now," Nate says and we look around to not see Navarro.

"Elena," I gasp, seeing her unconscious body inside the helicopter that's about to fall into the water.

I go to run over to her when Navarro pops out from behind some wooden crates. Time seems to go in slow motion as I turn towards him, pulling out my pistol. His eyes widen and he chooses to aim his gun at the explosive barrels in front of me, that being his last mistake.

I shoot him multiple times before he can pull the trigger and his body jerks back with each bullet that penetrates him. Time seems to go back to normal, and I rush past Navarro's bloody body and over to Elena, pulling her out of the helicopter before it falls into the ocean, bringing the treasure of El Dorado with it. Elena begins to wake up and I smile while supporting her until she's able to stand again.

"What happened?!" she gasps while pointing at my bandaged arm.

"I got shot. No big deal," I tell her and she deadpans.

"I don't think anyone is going to have to worry about that treasure ever again," Nate grins while walking away from the edge of the boat and wrapping his arms around me.

"I need sleep, food, water, to piss, movies, a vacation, and a nice long shower" I mumble while burying my face in his chest.

"Might as well have a relaxing night when we get back. Can I join?" he chuckles and I nod my head.

"Elena. You're joining to, but I think I should go to the hospital first," I laugh and she smiles and sends me a 'we're going to talk about relationships' look, making me sigh.

The sound of a motor coming towards us catches our attention and we all move to the side railing of the large boat to see Sully and Eddy waving to us on a small fishing boat. Elena, Nate, and I smile and wave back to them. "I'm glad we saved the world and all, but it's a shame we're leaving empty-handed," Nate says and I shake my head.

"I was picking up some treasures throughout the island and I might have stolen some- no I stole a lot of gold when we were fighting our way through the descendants back there," I grin and my friends dead-pan. I chuckle, turning on my heel and looking at Nate, "Though Nate... there is one thing I managed to save for you."

He looks at me confused and I reach into one of the pouches on my belts and pull out his necklace. "I knew that you'd regret leaving it out of sadness and anger. I grabbed it when you didn't notice, so I could give it back to you. Don't forget that coder we've been after since we were children only works with this ring," I say while placing the necklace over his head, letting it fall down around his neck.

"Thanks, [Name]. You've always known me better than anyone else," he smiles and brushes a strand of hair out of my dirt and blood covered face.

"Well, on another good note- we got us a boat!" Sully announces while pulling up next to the one we're on.

"We already have a boat," Elena points out and Nate nods his head.

"A big boat," he adds on and Eddy smirks.

"Bet yours doesn't have..." Sully trails off and Eddy pulls off a covering to revealing crates of gold and jewels.

"I'll be damned," Nate and I laugh while Elena gasps. I jump over the railing and land in the small fishing boat with a grin. 

"I've got to admit. That's probably worth many big boats," Nate says, and him and Elena join me.

I lean against the railing of the fishing boat and smile softly, "Well, that was probably the wildest day I've experienced in a long while."

The others nod in agreement and Sully starts the boat up and begins making his way back to the mainland. Nate takes a seat on a cushioned bench and I join him as he sighs, "My ass forgot what cushions felt like."

I chuckle before shifting in my seat and facing Elena. "Aye, Elena." She looks at me and I smile faintly, "I know that you're camera fell and broke, and I know that you're a reporter, but have you ever thought about doing an interview? I'm completely open to telling the experience about this trip," I tell her and her eyes lighten up with happiness.

"Thank you, [Name]! I'm going to do that. It's just too bad I lost the video we already have," she whispers and I remember the SD card.

"Actually- I found this on the bridge," I chuckle while showing her the SD card that was in her camera.

"What's the luck," she laughs and takes it from me. "Thank you, [Name]."

"No problem, Elena."

Someone walks over and takes a seat on a crate in front of Nate and I. "Alright, bule," Eddy starts while staring at Nate. "We're even, and it turns out your rather cool, which I hate to admit."

We chuckle and Nate looks at him. "So does that mean we're not going to be trying to kill each other?"

"I'll give you and [Name] my new contact information, if you ever need someone for a job, I'll help," he says and Eddy fist-bumps, Nate and I.

"I do expect some of these riches though," he says and I smirk.

"Of course! You did end up helping after all," I chuckle and Eddy nods while leaning back on the crate and closing his eyes. The setting sun beats down on my face and I enjoy the warm feeling, letting out a small sigh, "What a fucking day that was."

"At least we ended it alive," Nate says and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"I'm going to sleep," I murmur, feeling myself drifting off.

Nate chuckles and wraps an arm around me, "You need it. I think we all do. Sweet dreams, [Name]."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

5.1K 73 10
Takes place during Uncharted 4. *SPOILERS* (obviously) When Biliquis Cassiopeia Drake learns that her father is not dead after all she becomes entan...
181 10 12
[NOT FINISHED] Lara Adler, sister of Rafe Adler. Lara was an orphan most of her life but got into treasure hunting, thanks for the Drake brothers. L...
6.5K 101 13
(Uncharted X Neglected/abused Male reader) ... Uncharted : The Journey Begins . (The mature thing is only the strong language and another thing) ...
12K 391 27
It had been three years since Caeli had taken a job with Nathan Drake, when she was suddenly called by him, asking for help to sneak into a black mar...