Part 23: Libertalia

[Name]'s POV

Cold drops of water hit my skin, and I slowly open my eyes to find myself laying on some wet rocks. I sit up and look around the dark island, rain pouring down on me as I look around for my three friends. "Nate? Sam? Harry?"

I receive no response and my breathing picks up. "I'm alone," I whisper while standing up on the slippery and rocky ground. "The last thing a treasure hunter ever wants is to be alone on a group journey."

I stumble over the rocks and onto a path, making my way up. "I need to find the others," I grumble while walking through some brush.

The path runs out and I sigh, but jump and grab onto the ledge of a cliff. My hand starts to slip, but I tighten my hold. "Great. This is going to be ten times harder," I growl while slowly climbing up the cliff.

I make it to a landing, shouting out my friends names again and receiving no response. "Damn," I mutter and jump across the ground onto the side of a cliff. I start to slowly climb up the ledges when one breaks off. I start to fall, but I grab onto another ledge and dangle in the air

I climb up to the cliff and when I grab the edge of the landing, the stone crumbles. I fall through the air and land on a muddy slope, knocking the air out of me. I sit up as I begin to slide down and my eyes widen when I slide off the slope and begin falling through the air again. I hit the ground below me, slamming my head on the stone and knocking myself out.

~

"[Name]. Come on, love, wake up," I hear a familiar voice choke out.

I slowly open my eyes to see Flynn on his knees beside me, looking down with worry. "Hey, Harry," I chuckle, and his eyes widen.

"Thank God... what happened, darling?" he asks while examining the gash on my forehead.

"I fell from all the way up there," I point up to cliff above the slope.

"You're lucky you survived."

"I know, but I'm glad to see you," I smile, and he cups my right cheek and rubs my cheekbone. I cover his hand with my muddy one and stare into his worry-filled eyes. "Hey. I'm fine, Harry."

"I know, it's just- I thought I lost you..."

"You won't be getting rid of me that easily," I grin while slowly sitting up. Harry helps me stand up, and I fall back into his chest.

"Love..."

"I'm okay. I just need to get back into the swing of things."

"If you say so, but we should try and track down Sam and Nate."

"Well, I have a pretty good idea as to where they would be heading to," I state, before pointing at the creepy jagged mountain.

"Why must you choose the creepy mountain?" Harry asks, and I chuckle.

"Because if Sam and Nate go anywhere, it'll be that mountain."

"Then let's go."

We walk up a path and climb up a few cliffs while the sun beats down on us and the humid air draws out the bugs.

"Hey, [Name]... what if they didn't survive?" Flynn asks, and I frown.

"It's a possibility, but let's try to be optimistic," I respond while grabbing a stone on a cliff side and climbing up to the top.

"One more thing," Harry states while catching up to me. "What's with the tension between you and Sam? You guys were okay just yesterday."

"I'll let him tell you, but to say the least- he has a lot to own up to," I sigh, finding some exposed rocks on another part of the cliff with two pitons stabbed into it. "We can use these to climb."