Learning to Love (Lesbian Sto...

By _SoLove_

Three kids, a fat baby, and a dog. That's what her mother left her. Kaliya Jefferson's mother has passed, and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Not A New Chapter But Please Read Anyway
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Not A New Chapter But Please Read Anyway
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36:FINAL CHAPTER
Epilogue

Chapter 3

27.4K 663 305
By _SoLove_

Camden began to cry, and I didn't understand why. I fed him, burped him, he wasn't wet.

I wasn't sure what the problem was. I bounced him on my knee, and Karlie handed me his pacifier.

I gave him his pacifier, and looked at my watch. No I didn't have anywhere to be it was just time was always of the essence for me. Soon I was told to go to the back.

I was seated in a conference room with the kids. Then a tall dark, and handsome man just strolled in the room. He was fine. I mean he was tall looked like he had the body of a god up under that dark gray suit that he was wearing so well. He had low cute wavy dark brown hair, and a chiseled face with high cheekbones that made him look even godlier.

"Yes hi Ms. Jefferson, I'm Jacob L. Wright. How are you today?" he said extending his hand.

"Wonderful, thank you" I said shaking his hand.

"So you're here to see about your mother's will correct" he said taking a seat in front of me.

"Yes sir" I said.

"I'm very sorry for your loss Ms. Jefferson" he said.

"Thanks" I said. Anyway so he read me the will, and discussed her finances and all that. According to her will she left me and the kids her house. She also left a little over six thousand dollars for each child to receive once they hit eighteen. And according to Mr. Wright, by the time the kids hit eighteen the six thousand would probably double to a whopping total of twelve thousand dollars and some change for each child. Which was cool.

She left me a shocking lump sum of ninety-two thousand dollars not including bonds, and investments she made that she left to me. Wow I had no idea.

She left my brother some money, some investments. It was shocking to say the least. The thing that got me was she left me and the kids the house. And she clearly stated that in order to receive any of these funds, I must keep her house, and the kids. I did not want to live in the house, and I was tempted to return these kids.

Call me selfish or whatever but goddamn this shit ain't right. So I was just up and abandon my lifestyle for this. Like move out my house, forget all my stuff, forget my lifestyle as single childless woman, and suddenly become mommy to some bastard children. Ain't this a bitch?

"You have any questions Ms. Jefferson" Mr. Wright asked.

"Not at all" I said.

"Ok if that's all, then I guess we can go now. Here's my card, that includes both my office and cell phone number. If you think of any questions once we depart or sometime further in the future, don't hesitate to call me. Take care, and you have a wonderful day" he said handing me a card.

"Yeah thanks you too" I said taking the card.

"Aunty Kay does this mean we get to move back to grandma's place" Karlie asked.

"Yes it does" I said as we left the office.

"Yes! That mean we can see Christina" Karlie said.

"What you mean" I said.

"Kristina lives next door to grandma's" Karlie said happily.

Oh hell no! No! You mean that bitch gonna be next door every damn day, checking in on me and shit like she my motherfucking parole officer or some shit. We can't stay there. No! Absolutely not!

"Next door like right next door?" I said.

"Yep yep!" Karlie said cheerfully.

"Damn!" I squealed. Anyway so we went shopping for basic stuff. I got the kids registered in school which basically took almost day, by the end of the day

When I got home, and unloaded the kids, I walked to my house carrying Camden in his car seat.

When I got to my door, I heard laughter come from behind it. Hmm who could be in my place? No one has a key except me, no windows looked to be broken, and the door is not kicked in. I turned the lock, and entered my apartment. I was relieved when I saw my brother on the couch, speaking to someone on the phone.

"Oh honey yeah I gotta go, yeah she just walked in. Ok yeah love you too. Bye" my brother said hanging up. I sat Camden's seat down.

"Hey sis! Wow you look good! How you doing" my brother said standing up and opening his arms to me.

"I'm good Khalil, you look well. How are you?" I said hugging him.

"Yeah I'm great, just hanging in there best I can. you alright, you ok" he said looking at me.

"I'm fine. Hold on, what the fuck is taking these damn kids so long to come in?" I said as I turned back around to go outside. I saw them outside talking to somebody.

"They talking strangers and shit like what the fuck! Hey you lil ba-" I cut my sentence short when I saw who they were talking to. Christina.

"This bitch just don't quit" I said to myself.

"So what you stalking us now? Like next time I see you, you'll be hopping out some bushes right?" I said. Christina was kneeled down talking to Karlie. She stood up with that same smile on her face that be pissing me the fuck off.

"Kaliya always a pleasure. How are you?" Christina said.

"Don't worry about how I am. What do you want? Is there something that you need like why are you here?" I said highly annoyed.

"I just stopped by, see how you were doing. That's all. You look well" Christina said.

She was always so pleasant. So happy. Pissing me off. Happy people make me sick like what the fuck are you so happy about?

"Kaliya, baby girl you got a phone call" my brother said from the door.

"Alright here I come" I said.

"Who's he" Christina asked curiously.

"Damn why? If you must know that's my older brother. Come on ya'll" I said to the kids.

"Does that include me" Christina asked.

"I mean shit why not, you already here anyway" I said so irritated.

"Hello" I said picking the phone up that was on the coffee table.

"Damn girl what got you so upset? I was just calling to say hello." Agatha said. Agatha was my best friend, and probably my only friend. The only female I actually got along with. We had been kicking it since high school. She really dealt with my attitude and all. That should say a lot.

"Hey sorry girl. You back in the states?" I asked.

"Yeah I just got in like a hour ago" she said.

"How was Tokyo" I asked. Agatha was a business woman. She owned a computer software business that her dad had created. Her father has passed so now her and her brother run it. They have business all over the worlds because everyone knows technology is worldwide "Uh girl my life is a wreck. Everything fell apart." I said.

"What? What happened?" she asked.

"My mom died." I said. I heard Agatha gasp loudly.

"No" Agatha said.

"Yeah she gone" I said.

"Damn! Oh my gosh girl why didn't you call me? Are you ok?" Agatha asked.

"I'm making it. Look Agatha I'm happy you back, and I'm glad your trip was great. But girl I got a house full so let me call when everything settle down. Alright" I said.

"Yeah you make sure you do that. You probably not though, I probably have to pop up before you actually call" Agatha said with a laugh.

"You know me so well. Bye girl" I said hanging up.

I looked around, and saw that Christina and Khalil had gotten real comfortable together. They were sitting on the couch talking like they were old friends catching up. The kids were watching cartoons, and Ka'Diah as normal was sitting on the couch in her own world.

This was a wreck and I couldn't state that enough.

Anyway a day later, my brother and me planned our mother's funeral. Then two days later was the funeral. It was very sad. The church was packed from wall to wall with people. There was even a line outside the church waiting for to come in. I didn't expect so many people. Many people stated nothing but good about my mother. So many people were crying, and a a few even fell out screaming. Karlie and Charles were crying. They sat on either side of me. Charles hugged my arm, and rubbed his face on the long sleeve of my black shirt. I put my arm around him. Karlie hugged my other arm, and nuzzled against me. I hugged her too.

Not one time did I ever think that they lost someone too. My mother was dead, and so was their grandmother. I never even thought to ask how they felt. Are they ok? I sighed heavily. Ka'Diah sat beside Khalil. She was unemotional. She stared off into space as if her mind was somewhere else. I'm not even sure if she knew what was going on. I had yet to understand her depth of understanding.

After the burial, it was on to the repast. It was held at my mom's church. We didn't have to do anything, all the church ladies did everything. Cooked and served the food, and everything. My mom was a highly valued member at the church. Everyone loved her, and she brought my siblings and me up in this church. The church Pastor, Pastor James B. Arthur even came, sat, and talked to all of us. The kids knew him very well of course because I know my mom kept them in church every Sunday. The kids got a lot of love from everyone at church. From I saw I guess they were pretty loved and adored. But of course they were with my mother so why wouldn't they be.

"Christina!" Karlie exclaimed loudly.

"Hey guys, hey" Christina said with a smile. I rolled my eyes, I was so tired of this woman oh my God!

"How come you weren't at the funeral" Karlie asked.

"I was but it was so crowded I was way in the back. I was there" Christina said. Charles gave Christina a hug around her waist. Christina was wearing a simple black dress that stopped just above the knee, and a black blazer. That dress hugged her body unbelievably well. Not that I was looking or nothing.

She sat down and talked to the children and my brother.

"And how are you Kaliyah?" she asked looking at me.

"I'm fine, thank you" I said simply.

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yeah wonderful" I said.

"Khalil, is she always this emotionless" Christina asked my brother like I wasn't sitting there.

"Yeah most times" Khalil said. I looked at him like "really now?"

"What? It's true" Khalil said.

Anyway so we all chatted some, well I ain't really talk just listened. After the repast, we all went home. The funeral was good, and I was glad it was over. Of course I missed my mom like crazy but I'm glad that she's buried and resting in peace. I miss her like crazy though. Two days after Khalil my brother flew back home to his wife and kids. He told me he'd visit me more often, and would call and talk with me more frequently.

That week after the funeral was one of the busiest of my life.

I was just constantly running. Running to get the kids registered in school. Running to get them clothes, shoes, and whatever else they needed. Moving into my mom's place. And it was just a crazy mess. But it was settling down a little bit. I did get the children in school. All of them except Ka'Diah. The school's around my mom's place were good school but they did not have special needs programs. They had resource classes for children. But they wouldn't accept Ka'Diah because they kept saying she wasn't vocal, lacked the basic requirements to get in the program. That pissed me all the way the fuck off.

I tried to get her in the program my mom had her in but they told since she was fifteen years old, she was too old for it now. I was so damn heated about this shit I ain't know what the fuck to do.

So I was outside sitting on the porch calling around trying to see what schools would accept Ka'Diah. Ka'Diah was in the bushes smiling at flowers and shit.

"Ka'Diah don't get dirty. We got other places to go" I said to her. I talked to her a lot. Sometime she understood other times she didn't or maybe she just didn't care. I didn't know.

I couldn't get any help with this, and it was frustrating the hell outta me.

Ka'Diah walked up the steps with a freshly picked bundle of forget-me-nots in her hand.

She walked up to me, and began to tickle my face with the flowers. It really did tickle, and made me giggle.

"Stop it mama" I laughed leaned back. She smiled at me, showing all of her braces.

Ka'Diah was a sweet child, even though she didn't talk, her actions spoke volumes. Ka'Diah sat next to me, and drifted off to wonderland.

"Hi Kaliya" someone said. I looked up to see Christina walking up my driveway.

I rolled my eyes. I swear to whoever, that this bitch has been lingering around my house every since I moved here. I mean like she was always around just like lingering. It was annoying as hell, and it didn't make it any better that she was so damn cheerful all the time. Like what the hell? Why are you so happy?

"Have the kids made it in yet?" Christina said walking up the steps.

"Nah, it'll be a few more minutes" I said.

"Mind if I wait with you?" Christina said. I heaved a sigh super irritated.

"I mean you already here why not?" I said.

Christina sat down in the rocking chair beside me.

"It's a beautiful day right" Christina said.

"Yeah it's ok" I said nonchalant.

"Had any luck finding schooling for Ka'Diah." Christina asked.

"Nope not at all" I said.

"Are you ok" Christina asked. She always asked me that. Like what the fuck? How am I supposed to be? Why she always asking me that simple shit?

"I'm fine Christina, seriously I am a-ok!" I retorted.

"You always seem so tense" Christina said. I was scrolling through my phone looking for shit, and like she was making me upset.

I put my phone down. I exhaled to cool off.

"I'm not tense. I'm fine really. I'm just chilling. But I can't seem to understand why you always asking me this simple shit. Like why you always thinking I'm not ok? I don't understand that" I snapped.

Christina smiled a lovely smile at me. I don't understand why she always smiling either.

"I just feel the need to check on you Kaliya. I mean you been through a lot lately. I just feel like you need to be checked on. That's all, nothing too serious" Christina said. That's another thing I couldn't stand about her. She was always so fucking calm. So cool. So collected. Like everything was always under control. When it's not. It too much going on in the world for somebody to be this damn calm. Everything about her enraged me for real.

Like I'll admit she does so well with the kids, and they adore her. Yes I'll admit that much. That's wonderful but her in general. I couldn't deal.

"You don't need to be worrying about me. I'm a full grown woman, I can't take care of myself" I said.

"I understand that but you still may need help even if you don't wanna admit" Christina said.

I rolled my eyes and just shook my head like whatever.

"I care for you Kaliya. I don't know if you ever had anyone to do that for you. Well you had to, your mom was one most caring, kindest happiest people I ever met and I'm sure she loved you to no bounds. Maybe it's just been awhile since you had someone to generally care for you. Maybe you need a reminder. And I'll be happy to be it. Because under your bitter attitude, and tough talk, and foul mouth. I'm almost sure there's a wonderful person under all that" Christina said.

Who the fuck is this bitch? Dr. Phil? Oprah? Talking about she see a wonderful person under all this. Bitch I am wonderful, shit just the way I am. Before I could respond, I saw the school bus come to a roaring stop at the end of the block. Karlie and Charles rode the bus to and from school, and they should be getting off.

And sure enough I saw the little rugrats racing down the sidewalk. I sighed, damn where did time go.

"Hi Aunty Kay, Hi Christina!" the both squealed as the ran up the steps.

"Hey ya'll" I said.

"Hi lovelies, how was school today" Christina said with a smile. I stood up, and stretched, I'd have to continue the search tomorrow.

The kids and Christina went in before me. Ka'Diah followed behind me as we followed them in.

"Ya'll got homework or something" I said.

"Yeah" Karlie said.

"Let's get to it then" I said.

"Can we have a snack first? I'm hungry" Karlie said. Needy ass kids. Damn.

"I'll fix them something real quick, if that's ok with you" Christina said.

"Do whatever" I said. Christina made them each a grilled cheese sandwiches. After they ate, they got on homework. Christina was helping Charles with his homework. And Karlie somehow snuck away. I spotted her by Ka'Diah.

"Look KD, maths" Karlie said handing Ka'Diah a pencil, and sitting her math homework sheet in front of her. I was about to stop her, but then I wanted to wait and see what happens.

Ka'Diah held the pencil, and then leaned over to look at the worksheet. She smiled, and quickly began to write stuff down. I thought she was just scribbling.

I waited still, just to see what'd she write.

"Enough" I said walking over.

"Why would you let Ka'Diah scribble on your homework" I said to Karlie.

"She's not scribbling. She did it. Look." Karlie said picking up the worksheet. I looked at the worksheet. She actually wrote numbers, and looked like she figured the problems out.

The problems were basic word problems, adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and a few fraction problems. Not really advanced math since Karlie was only in the fourth grade. But surprisingly the three problems Ka'Diah did were correct.

"Does she always do your math homework" I asked.

"Only when I don't understand it" Karlie said like that was supposed to be ok.

"This isn't right. This is your homework, not Ka'Diah's. Come on let's get to it" I said.

"Aw man!" Karlie said as she trudged her way to the table. I helped Karlie with her math homework, but I made sure to remember what Ka'Diah did.

"Kaliya, can I talk you for a minute" Christina said just as the homework was being wrapped up.

"Yeah what's up" I said.

"I want to invite you and the kids out this weekend" she said as we stepped in the kitchen.

"Aw for real. Where" I said.

"A birthday party for my friend's daughter, she's about Karlie's age. It's gonna be in the park, lots of games and stuff. Something the kids will enjoy" Christina said.

"I guess I don't see why not" Is aid.

"It's gonna be on Saturday, you working" Christina asked.

"Nah I'm not" I said.

"Good, you might have some fun yourself" Christina smiled. No lie, I can't deny, Christina smiled a lot, and I had to admit she did have a wonderful smile like seriously. She had perfect teeth and this softness in her lovely brown eyes. She was attractive woman, she looked like she kept herself up well. She was attractive, as much as she got on my nerves, she was attractive.

"Nah I hate birthday parties. Kids, noise, and all that madness irritates me to no limit" I said.

"What do you enjoy Kaliya?" Christina asked.

Damn she asked me that, and my mind went blank. Shit I don't know. I wasn't into nothing really.

"I don't know anything that don't involve kids I guess. I can't really say" I shrugged. "Aunty Kay" Karlie said walking up.

"What" I said.

"Can we watch TV now" Karlie asked.

"All homework complete" I asked.

"Yeah" Karlie said.

"Knock yourself out" I said. Karlie skipped away happily.

"For real, you don't know what you enjoy" Christina asked.

"I mean like I just never really thought about it" I said.

"What do you do" Christina asked.

"Work, and come home, and deal with the brats, and go to bed" I said.

"You had a life before the kids right?" Christina said.

"Yeah I did" I said lying. No I didn't. I ain't do shit then, and I ain't doing shit now.

What'd you do?" Christina asked.

"Uh" I said I couldn't think. and this bothered me, like what the hell?

"Umm look Christina, don't worry about it. Why you asking me so many questions? Shit what do you like to do?" I said trying to change subjects.

Christina chuckled and began to speak.

"I like to read. I like to watch movies. Horrors are my favorite. I like to cook, and I like to dance. I hate anything with avocado. I also like gardening" Christina said.

"You like scary movies" I said.

"I love them" Christina said.

"I hate them" I said.

"Why?" Christina asked.

"Cause I just do. And after working in a damn crazy house for so long, and seeing all that crazy shit that happens in there. It takes a whole lot more than some make-up effects, and screams to scare me" I said.

"I think they're so thrilling, especially suspenseful ones" Christina said.

"I guess" I said looking at my watch. It was 6:20 p.m.

Camden's daycare bus should be dropping him off in a minute or two.

Then I felt Christina's eyes locked on me. It made me nervous as fuck.

"Why you staring at me like that? What?" I said looking at her. She smiled again, Lord please don't let her smile no more, that shit irritated me like for real.

"You're beautiful Kaliya" she said simply. Damn, that made me feel some type way for real. Like weird or almost kind of. . . I can't really explain.

"Uh thanks I guess" I said.

"You must haven't heard that in a while" Christina said.

I thought back and she was right someone hasn't told me I'm beautiful since I don't know when.

"Yeah it's been a minute" I said feeling so damn weird.

"Aunty Kay" Karlie said popping up in the kitchen.

"What girl" I said.

"What's gonna be for dinner" Karlie asked.

"I don't know Karlie, I just umm I just gotta figure something out" I said.

"Ok" Karlie said exiting the kitchen.

I heard a horn honk outside and I knew it was Camden's daycare bus. I was glad. I rushed out the kitchen, and outside. It was getting kind of heavy in there. Christina was looking at me weird. I didn't like the feeling of it. Then she said I was beautiful, and I damn near lost my breath. What the fuck was going on? Why was I feeling this way? I ain't wit this shit.

"Good evening Ms. Jefferson" the lady named Linda who always handed me Camden off of the bus.

"Evening" I said as she handed me his baby bag, and then him. He smiled when he saw me.

"Hey man" I said holding him.

"He was wonderful today, such a sweet baby. You have good evening" Linda said. She was light skinned older woman with dark brown eyes, and thinning black hair that she always kept pulled back.

"Thank you, and you do the same" I said as I began to walk in the house.

"There's my favorite man" Christina said smiling at Camden. Camden smiled back. I gave him to Christina, I had to figure out what to cook tonight. I hated cooking, but we couldn't eat fast food every day of the week. We did last week, and the kids loved it but Christina gave the tongue-lashing of a lifetime. She went off on my ass for real cause she saw all the fast food wrappers and overfilling in the trash bin.

So that was out the window. I couldn't cook but I could read. So usually I just did recipes, and I never cooked anything from scratch unless said so in the instructions.

Tonight was something quick. Like beef-a-roni. Macaroni with cheese, and ground beef all mixed in one. Green beans, and bread rolls. It was quick done by seven thirty.

"Christina you staying for dinner or nah" I asked.

"No actually I'm gonna go home Kaliya. I have to work tonight" Christina said. I had yet to understand what she did for a living.

She left my house about the same time every time she visited saying she had to work. She worked at night. I was starting to think she was an undercover stripper. I mean for real like I seen her leaving for work one time. I was taking out the trash, not stalking or nothing but I seen her step out the house. She was wearing this sexy black sleeveless slinky dress, heels on, face made up like it was done by the gods, and her hair flawless. I didn't even know she dressed up like that. When she was around me she was always so relaxed. Like jeans, t-shirt, jacket, shoes. Not a lot of make up, hair just there. I mean she looked good any day but she looked especially good that night. Wait I mean not like I be looking or something. Pause. No homo.

Just saying. Maybe she was a stripper. Ain't nothing wrong with that, as long as you getting that money honey! Which I think she was. My mom house was big but Christina house, even though I never been inside, that motherfucker was huge. A big pretty White house that I never been in, never need or desire to go. Just saying plus she had two cars in the drive, and two in her two car garage. Hold up maybe she do a little more than stripping, maybe she was a high end prostitute. I mean strippers be paid but they don't be that paid. Unless they groupies.

I don't know, but it was kind of weird to me. Anyway after the kids ate, and were in bed, I was up as normal. Everybody was sleep except me. I had just gotten out the shower, and was now sitting in my bed, with the television on. I was watching it, it was just on for company. I rotated my head, my neck tense tonight. I had gotten a little bit more use to having the kids, and getting into the new lifestyle. It was just way too much. I couldn't shake it, I couldn't stop this madness. I was in this for life like I made a lifetime commitment to these damn kids, and I wasn't sure how to feel about that. This is fucked up. Why the fuck do motherfuckers have fucking kids, and they can't even fucking like take care of them?

That shit pissed me off more than you would ever know. And hell yeah I was talking about my sister Nikki. She fucked up, and she out there getting high, chasing street dreams, and got these four damn kids, and she probably don't even know their name. And that's fucked up. Now I'm stuck with the damn mistakes she made. That is fucked up. The more I thought about it the more I got upset. This was some some bullshit. A month ago if I wanted to take a vacation to Jamaica. Just up and drop everything, and just go to Jamaica I could. I had that freedom, I had that liberty, that right to do so. However now I can't do shit. I can't just up and take a vacation to Jamaica. Who would take care of the kids? Who would get them ready for school? Who would help with homework, and all that?

I'm trapped, I'm trapped for life. Sure I could hope they all grow up, and go to college, and move far away but shit I got ten plus years before any one of them is old enough to go to college. And plus Ka'Diah, she was mentally disabled. She's fifteen almost sixteen, and usually if they ain't grown up out of by then, they usually stuck like that for life. Lifetime commitment. That's what it was. Somebody just bury me already I thought as I flicked off the lamp on my nightstand.

The next day things started to look up for me. I finally got in touch with a school for Ka'Diah. They wanted me to bring her in to be tested to see what her academic levels were like. I read and did some research on the school, and they had one of the highest quality levels in the whole state of Virginia. They had a great program for mentally disabled children like Ka'Diah. I was excited about it, finally get this child in school, so I can get back work. I had been off work for a whole week trying to get everything situated. I actually kind of missed my crazies down at the mental house. Once I got to the school, it kind of looked like an old church that was turned into a school. It was a big brick building with a section of colored glass that painted pictures of crosses and stuff. I found a parking, and got out. I walked around on the passenger's side, and opened the door for Ka'Diah, and unbuckled her seatbelt. She stepped out the car, and I held her hand. I had to because little stuff always grabbed her attention. Like if she saw a bird, she would run after it without thinking. And she could run into a street or where ever.

So I never risked it, I always held her hand. I walked in the building, and looked like I was in the foyer before the sanctuary. I looked around like where should I go.

"Good morning, could I help you" an older White man said approaching me. He was huge, like a real big man, a round jelly belly, and thinning graying black hair that was swept to the back. He wore thick bifocals and had dark gray eyes.

"Yes I'm here because I called earlier about the special needs education program, and I was told to bring my niece in for testing" I asked.

"Oh of course. Ok if you will follow me, right this way" he said. I followed him. We went down a long hallway of what looked like classrooms. I peeked in the classrooms as we passed. It looked like this was ran by mostly White people. But the teachers looked very interactive with students, and all the students looked like they were having a good time as they learned. I also noticed all of them looked like they had special needs such as Down Syndrome, Autism, ADHD, ADD, some probably even had Dyslexia. But all the teachers seemed nice, and patient from what I saw anyway.

The man who told me his name was Mr. Walters introduced me to the man I spoke over the phone with whose name was Mr. Atkins. He was also an older man but looked just a tad bit younger than Mr. Walters, sat down and began to talk with me once we got in his office. He told me about the program, what they, did, who they were, how long they been in business, a few success stories. He then gave me a tour of the place, showed me the classrooms, met some teachers, a few students, just an overall look of everything.

I felt good about this place. It seemed like the perfect learning environment for Ka'Diah. The teachers were nice, the students were friendly, the staff was very welcoming.

After all that, it was testing time for Ka'Diah. Through this whole thing she had been smiling. She was very interested in everything, she didn't seem as spaced out. She looked around, and looked closely at everything. I guess she was just taking in a new surrounding or something. So Ka'Diah went into a classroom, and I stood outside the door, and looked through the window., The lady giving the test, handed her a pencil, and sat the test in front of her. And before she could explain any instructions,

Ka'Diah went to work.

Just like she did when Karlie gave her, her homework. Mr. Atkins told me that the test was on the basics of high school academics. Basically reading, science, math, and English on high school levels. It took Ka'Diah just forty-five minutes on a test that usually took at least a minimum of four hours. When Mr. Atkins, told me that, my eyes widened.

"What?" I said.

"She's done, she went through the whole book. That's unbelievable, no child has ever went through it like this" Mr. Atkins said in awe.

I was amazed myself. But I was even more amazed once the test results came back.

Ka'Diah aced it. They said she was doing work on twelfth grade, almost college levels, and it was unbelievable. So basically she's really smart just has lack of communication skills.

Mr. Atkins told me that they could work with her, and possibly get her to start talking if I enrolled her in the program, and they would be absolutely honored to have her. I really did like the program, and it was a really good vibe here. So I agreed, I said why not. So I was given a packet to take home and fill out, and bring back Monday, and then she'd be in school or whatever.

I was happy, finally getting this girl in school. By the time we got out of there, it was almost time for Karlie, and Charles to be out of school. Damn time was flying.

Traffic was heavy so I decided to take a different way home. I had to run through the hood but it was quicker. I was driving and I was passing fiends, and junkies walking down the cracked up sidewalk. I hated coming through here, it was infested with drug addicts, junkies, crazy people who needed to be committed but was so strung out, it was hardly any help for them.

Then I saw a familiar face standing out in front of a liquor store. I slowed down, and put my truck in reverse. I think I saw Nikki.

I stopped in front of the liquor store. And it was definitely my older sister Nikki. She was wearing light faded blue jeans, a blue and white striped shirt. It was like looking at her for the first time. She had her head down, her sandy brown hair use to be long and lustrous, now she had cut short, and real choppy like. I wasn't sure if I should approach her or not. She was so skinny now, and even though her clothes fit ok she looked bony. I had to say something.

######################################################

Hey all! Here's chapter 3 for you today. Umm well I just really wanna know what you all think about this story so far. It's not taking off as nearly as fast as I thought it would, cause it's so much going on. And this is new to me, cause I usually do teen dramas. Maybe I should've stuck to teen dramas, and I'm not even sure you all are feeling this. I wanna continue this story, because it's a lot in store for it, but I don't wanna continue it, if nobody's reading it. It's a sticky situtaion to be in. But anyway please do comment below, and let me know your thoughts. I really appreciate comments, votes are cool but comments are where it's at! Umm I'm not sure about this. Let me know what you think, and I can go from there. So please please please COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! If you don't do anything do comment! Thank you so much for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80 13 13
Kaden is stuck, in a world her parents created. One where she has to be perfect otherwise she is a disappointment. We are all sinners except Kaden ap...
465K 6.4K 51
The night after her parents death, she's forced and threatened by the Queen at the age of ten to get engaged to the princess whose father is the murd...
3.1K 257 69
After years of Drama, B.S, and dating women who don't have their shit together Jayden is done... She moves on from her ex fiancé, her ex girlfriend a...
131K 4.8K 59
**THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR EDITING & REVISION** 30 year old Braxlyn Beckett has had a hard life growing up. She's no stranger to heartbreak and death...