Falling Harder✔

By talesofmaya

Love,a magnamous four lettered word that can provoke joy, happiness yet it has the the power to incite destru... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter One : A heart's whisper
Chapter Two: Out of the blues.
Chapter Three : More than a test.
Chapter four: Mr. Trouble
Chapter five : The silent heart
Chapter Six : He tugged my heartstrings
Chapter Seven : My Heart slipt away
Chapter Eight : In the name of Happiness .
Chapter Nine: Shattered dreams
Chapter Ten : Guilty confessions
Chapter eleven : Counting the stars
Chapter twelve : The vast reality.
Chapter Thirteen : Paper Hearts
Chapter Fourteen : Nursing the pieces of my heart
Chapter Fifteen : Uninvited Tiffs
Chapter Sixteen: Welcome to trouble land.
Chapter Seventeen : Turning pages
Chapter Eighteen :The beginning of the end
Chapter Nineteen: Fear of the unknown
Chapter Twenty : Him, a lost treasure
Chapter Twenty One: The best of the planners
Chapter Twenty Two : Happy endings...not anymore!
Chapter Twenty Three : Clipped wings of life
Chapter Twenty Four: Detachments and attachments
Chapter Twenty Five : Healed wounds.
Chapter Twenty Six : A new page
Chapter Twenty Seven: The companion of the darkness
Chapter Twenty Nine: The sound of shattered hearts
Chapter Thirty: Life is a beautiful struggle
Chapter thirty one: Is it time yet?
Chapter Thirty two: My answered prayers
Author's Note💓

Chapter Twenty Eight: A date?

3.9K 371 23
By talesofmaya

There is jealousy that Allah loves and jealousy that He hates. There is pride that Allah loves and pride that He hates. The jealousy that Allah loves is jealousy regarding a matter of suspicion. The jealousy that He hates is jealousy regarding something that is not doubtful. The pride that Allah loves is a man's pride when fighting and when giving in charity. The pride that Allah hates is that shown in oppression and boasting.” [Ahmad and others, Al-Albaani - Saheeh]

Chapter  Twenty Eight:

A date?

"A day wasted!" Murad grunted as he walked into the house. We were married for a week now and he hadn't reported to work from the past two weeks. We were planning to shift to a small apartment his mom bought us as a wedding gift. She was a sweet lady.

Since I trusted Murad's choice for furniture, he went for shopping just to show me how good he was! It was a tough task to let him go alone but I gave up since he was very stubborn.

"Why? You promised Jannat that you'd do it by yourself right?" His mom chuckled as she chopped the vegetables watching her son come in.

"Ammi, some things aren't made for men you know? Like these chores, shopping and one important thing, cooking. I can't bear this," he replied throwing himself lazily on the sofa.

"I thought Murad was different. But, my mistake. No more assumptions ammi," I mumbled as I stirred the contents of my cooking pot.

"You are right, these men are just the laziest creatures, this reminds me of his dad. You know what Jannat, his dad was always this way. He'd shun away from shopping especially when I needed grocery for my kitchen," She spoke as her eyes sparkled. She still had a home for him in her heart. She talked of him as if he was listening to her.

In the pretext of cutting the onions, she let the tears fall slowly on her apron as she talked of her late husband. Leila phoupee was an independent lady. She used to work to provide for her children and her courage had smitten me.

On the other hand, she never let her kids miss their long gone dad. She'd do her best to see them smiling and having fun. I was also surprised since she wanted us to shift to another place. She wasn't the typical desi mother in law who'd tether her son around her.

"Ammi, I am going to dine out with Jannat tonight, do you need anything?"Murad asked trying to divert her attention.

"Yes, you can buy me raspberry sugar free jam. I need that for my breakfast, old age has its boons and banes, once you hit fifty you'll realise that." She said smiling exposing her deep dimples.

"Oh my God, I am so tired. My back hurts," A weary Souha walked in loosening her hijab.

"This girl is always tired. When I was of your age, I used to do so many tasks and never complain. Children nowadays!" Her mom remarked dramatically palming her face.

"Desi moms,ugh" Souha groaned dragging her feet as she walked towards her room.

Leaving them didn't seem right but then we had to shift but we promised to visit them every weekend so that we'd spend quality time with the family.

"Cmon wear you abaya we got a lot to do, I just passed by to pick you up," Murad announced sipping cold water I had served him.

I grabbed my abaya quickly wrapping  a scarf on my head I accompanied him outside.

He took my hand in his as we walked down the stairs. He intertwined his fingers with mine giving me a secure feeling. I felt safe around him.

***

Dressed in a yellow dress with a matching hijab, I lined my eyes with kohl. I was getting ready for my first date. This was exciting since Murad was really an exciting person and his choices were really good. I fell in love with almost all his choices.

"Masha'Allah my lovely wife looks good. Yellow suits you," he complimented putting his hands on my shoulders.

"Compliment taken," I smirked raising my eyebrows.

"You won't say anything about me?" He squinted his eyes.

"You, you've always been looking good since day one," I remarked feeling my cheeks redden.

We shared a glance at each other each passing second feeling like a magical moment. His eyes had a different kind of twinkle every time he looked at me and I liked that.

Getting out of our home, we drove to our destination. I was surprised by the arrangements he had made. A table decorated with petals, a carpet filled with flowers, a lovely view from every angle. I was impressed.

The place wasn't secluded, our table was far away from the rest.  A small kid tugged my abaya, giving me a bouquet of roses. There were so many chits in it. Murad busied himself with the guy at the reception while a girl ushered me to the table.

It was really lovely. The entire place felt warm. He walked slowly towards me with a smugly smile on his face.

"Hope you like the place," he said folding his sleeves.

"Yeah. The place is quite nice. I like it." I replied flashing him a smile. The waiter served us cold apple juice. As we sipped our drinks a lady joined us. She was a tall, blonde with a petite body. Her hair cascaded down her back while her red lipstick gave her an attractive look. She sat beside Murad serving him a wide smile.

I was shook. "Remember me, I am Giselle. We are from the same university. Cmon don't look at me like that. I know I was nerdy by then but life changes us in ways we can't explain." She said stretching her hand greeting him.

"Oh yeah Giselle. I still remember you. The specy girl who'd always complain of the university life." He laughed dodging her hand in embarrassment.
She took back her hand shamelessly grinning sheepishly.

They were engrossed in their past life and I sat there faking smiles and pleasant gestures while my blood kept on boiling. I huffed angrily sipping my drink looking at the two.

This was getting on my nerves. The lady kept on clinging to him every time they shared a joke. This was the limit. I couldn't tolerate it at all. I was one of the most possessive people I ever knew. I still remember throwing tantrums when my mom would share my toys with other kids, now this was something new. I never thought of sharing my husband. Although he kept on giving me a sorry look I couldn't keep on faking the smiles that hurt my lips.

I pretended looking dizzy as he spared me a glance. Yes! I was just faking around. I rested my head on the table dramatically, making sure that I had captured enough attention.

He rushed to me trying his best to bring back the 'consciousness' in me. It was hilarious, I kept on biting my tongue trying to suppress the laughter. He slapped my face splashing it with water calling my name, every minute he did so I felt my heart skipping loud beats feeling the pain in his eyes.

He excused himself bidding adieu to  the lady, carrying me in his arms the bridal style. I felt his arms wrapping me giving me a secure feeling.  He opened the car and put me in.  He looked stressed.

I couldn't deny the fact that this made me feel guilty but it was worth it.  At least I kept him away from her clutches.  At least he was by my side now.  Sitting at the driver's seat, roaring the engine he started the car.  Just after two minutes, I opened my eyes and gave him a dramatic look. 

"Don't tell me you were faking it," at last he spoke.

"Any doubts,"I remarked with a smirk. 
He was pissed.  I could see it in his eyes.  Although this was threatening our newly tied bond,  I was sure I could take care of the mess I had just made.

"I just can't share you with others.  This makes my blood boil and the way she was looking at you, I couldn't tolerate it any further. I know this was immature of me but yeah this is why I made all this act," I confessed shyly as my voice broke. 

He stopped the car.  The anger in his eyes melting forming light tears that cascaded down his cheeks.  He was an emotional person and this was a going to be a tough rollercoaster ride,that would last for an eternity since we were bonded together for good and for bad. 

"For a moment, I though I was losing you." he spoke, his hand running through his hair. 

I smiled and hugged him lightly.  No one spoke after that.  Our dinner was ruined and to be honest, I was feeling guilty. My heart ached to see the emotionally wrecked person I had made-Murad.

We got out of the car, holding our hands tight we walked on the abandoned streets, as the stars gazed at us in awe. We walked slowly, giving the streets life and spreading our wings of love making the dead paths breathe in love again. 

"You are irreplaceable," he promised. I felt lucky to have him with me.  That night,  I could walk around with a hand in mine, a heart that rhymed like mine feeling the wind whisper a different kind of a song.  A song that burned my veins giving them a new lease of life,  a new meaning of life making me desire to run in these streets again with a burning hope in my heart because I  had made him my goal. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

681K 41.8K 34
{ Highest Ranking 👉🏻 #1 in Spiritual/ Islamic love story } I felt hurt seeing him in pain, pain, which wasn't so obvious to him. // .... Emotions o...
5.1K 167 28
A halal love desi story between two souls. "If Allah wants to unite two hearts, He will bring them together even if the hearts are separated by the d...
555K 24.4K 41
He was the Man who preferred darkness. She was the Woman who preferred brightness. He preferred Loneliness. She preferred Togetherness. He had suf...
1.6M 136K 58
No matter how close you are to them, there are certain things you just don't say. No matter how lonely you feel, there are certain people you just do...