Absence

By sxcene

*Completed, under revamp so not all chapters are published* revisions started: 3/02/21 Casper Woods is an all... More

.5
1
2
3
4
6
7
8
9

5

10.1K 380 24
By sxcene

I ran into the living room to find Asher standing in a defensive position, his hands balled into fists.

Casper stood up, seemingly cool and collected before kneeling down next to Paxton. "Hey buddy why don't you go get some toys to show me!" He smiled at Pax.

Paxton's face lit up. "Otay!" He said excitedly, running past all of us to go get his toys. Once Ash saw him go up the steps, he let out whatever he was holding back.

"How dare you have the fucking nerve to show up here and act like you've been here the whole time." He glared.

"For your information Asher. I have not been acting like that." Casper said calmly looking like he wanted to punch Ash square in the mouth.

Ash looked the same way.

"You fucking destroyed him Casper. DESTROYED." Ash snapped as I watched silently from behind.

"I'm aware of that," he said softly. "And I regret that but we've talked about it and things are clear. We believe that things revolve around what makes Paxton comfortable."

"What do you mean we!? In the end you have no say in any of this because he's not your son." Ash snapped at Casper.

Casper's jaw tensed and his eyes narrowed as he looked at Ash. I could see the gears turning in his head as he tried to figure out what to say.  "I don't give a fuck about anything you have to say to me."

"Well you should, considering i've had more part in raising your son then you have pretty boy."

"We used to be friends." Casper said plainly, and Ash rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, emphasis on used too, you piece of shit."

"Ash." I called, but neither of them turned around to look at me.

"You're being childish." Casper muttered.

"Oh i'm being childish? Do we need to rewind a couple years, when I had more balls then you did to step up and help raise a kid that wasn't even my own, said kid being the one your arrogant ass walked out on?"

"You don't know what I was going through."

"Yeah, but I know what you put him through." Ash said, pointing over his shoulder too me. "So if you think you can just waltz back in here and not expect any backlash from me, or anyone else who knew Flint when you walked out, then you're the childish one."

"I'm still his father."

"DNA doesn't make you a dad, Woods."

I watched something go off in Casper's eyes, before he was shoving Ash back. "Get out of my face."

I didn't even need to see the look on Ash's face to know what was coming next. He was already raising his fist by the time I got over there, jumping onto his back to grab his fist. "Ash stop it!"

"Get off me Flint!" He shouted, stumbling back a little bit.

By this point, everyone was yelling and screaming at each other and I was 90% sure somebody was about to die as I tried to grab Ash's fists to prevent him from attacking the pop star infront of him.

A loud, ear piercing scream echoed off the walls, causing everyone to stop and look towards the sound. I saw the beautiful blue eyes I absolutely love with tears in them, holding onto one of his favorite stuffed animals, face flustered red and tear streaks down his face.

"Oh baby." I said, getting off Ash's back and rushing to aid my baby, picking him up and holding him close to my chest.

"No yell-" he cried with a hiccup, holding onto me tightly.

"I'm sorry pumpkin, I'm so sorry." I muttered, sitting on the floor, swaying him back and forth to subside the crying.

"Cas, scary." He said, looking up at Ash and Casper.

"He has a fucking nickname!?" Ash snapped, glaring at Casper, his hand still balled in a fist.
I looked up at Casper and Asher, glaring at the both of them. This is not the time for this petty bullshit!

"Flint you're kidding!?" Ash asked.

"What?" I snapped as Paxton held onto me, still crying. "Who am I kidding Asher!? You?"

"You're kidding yourself Flint." Asher glared, the level of calmness in his voice even scarier then the once yelling. Pax wiggled out of my grip, rushing over to Ash, careful to avoid Casper. Ash immediately picked him up, letting the toddler burry his face in Ash's shoulder.

"We're not having this conversation right now." I said, looking over at Ash, and then Casper who had a look I couldn't quite pin point on his face.

"This hurts, doesn't it?" Ash asked, looking at Casper. "Knowing he'll always run to me before he even thinks about running to you."

"Asher, enough." I said, making him look over at me. "If this is how you're gonna act, you need to leave."

"So now this is my fault?"

"I'm not saying that."

"Then why do I have to go?"

"Because you're instigating." I said, my chest tightening as I saw the look in his eyes. He's livid... absolutely livid at me.

"Fine, Flint." He said, handing me Paxton. "Just don't come crying to me, when all of this turns to absolute shit."

He turned around, flipping Casper the middle finger before he walked out, slamming the door shut. All I could do was stare at the door as I felt the over whelming rush of tears wanting to fall. Ash and I never fight.

I felt Casper's hand on my shoulder, and I sighed. "I'm sorry."

"It's... whatever. He's just as right as he is wrong."

Casper gave a sad smile. "No. He's just right."

Before I could say anything else, the phone rang. I handed my baby to him before walking into the kitchen to pick it up. Sawyer, my sweet baby sister. I put the phone to my ear, smiling a little.

"Hey."

"Flint! I got my braces!" She laughed, and I could picture her beaming smile.

"Aw no way! How do they feel?"

"It kinda hurts but the dentist said I'd get used to it."

"You're tough you can do it." I smiled.

"I know. Anyways I called because I wanted to know if I could come over this weekend. I haven't seen you guys in so long." She said dramatically.

"I'm sorry babe but I gotta work this weekend. You can watch Paxton if you'd like though." I smiled. Having a 17 year old baby sister is basically like having a built in baby sitter, even if she doesn't live with me.

"I can do that! I miss Paxton."

"But you don't miss me?"

"Of course not, you're my shit head brother."

"Why thank you my sweet sister. You can come pick him up in the morning if you want." I said, glancing at Paxton and Casper as they came into the kitchen... right, Casper... Maybe I should tell her he's here... Or actually maybe I'll wait.

"Ok! I can pick him up after practice."

"Perfect." I smiled "I've gotta go, I love you and I'll talk to you later."

"Ok! Love you too, i'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Bye Sawyer." I said, hanging up and reaching for my sweet baby. We stood in the kitchen in a tight silence for a moment, Casper making no attempt to say anything... I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing yet.

"Dada!" Pax giggled, poking my in the cheek

"Yes pumpkin." I smiled, turning to look at him.

"Tv?" He questioned pointing towards the living room.

"What do you wanna watch?" I asked, fixing his hair that was shooting up in 50 different directions.

"Nemo!" He said smiling still.

I smiled back at him. "Sure thing pumpkin."

I brought Paxton back into the living room, setting him down as I pulled it up on the TV. "Cas nemo!" Paxton cheered, holding my arm and jumping up and down.

"You like that movie huh bud?" Casper asked softly, sitting down on the couch.

"It's one of his favorites" I nodded as the movie began to play.

"What are his favorites?" Casper asked as Pax tried to get himself up on the couch, Casper eventually helping him up.

"Finding Nemo, The secret life of Pets, Frozen... and many many more." I laughed and Casper smiled. I checked my watch and stood up "5:10 already? Wow."

"It's 5:10?" Casper asked sounding as surprised as I was.

"Yeah, time flies I guess." I nodded, sitting down next to him as Pax crawled into my lap, settling down to watch his movie. I ran my fingers through his hair in a poor attempt to smooth it out.

"He really does love you, huh." Casper said, looking at me and then our little boy.

"I would hope so. It's only been me and him for as long as he can remember... we've only had each-other."

That seemed to make him go quiet again, but I didn't bother to fix the silence. Sometimes a little silence never hurt anyone... I should call Ash later, the way he walked out was eating me alive.

There was suddenly a soft ringing sound, and when I looked over Casper was now glaring at his phone screen. "It's Cash" he said with a small sigh. "I told you not to call unless it's an-" Casper answered getting cut off.

"This is an emergency!" I heard the Australian accent yell through the phone.

"What is it then?" Casper asked seeming annoyed with his band mate.

"They're moving out tour up and we're leaving in a month instead of 3!"

"What? Why?"

"Yeah! Mate we have another half another album to record, you have to get here! "

Casper looked over at me, probably unaware I could hear everything his rather loud band mate was yelling through the phone. He looked puzzled, so I only offered him a smile. How did I know something like this would happen...

"No... I can't..." Casper said... looking at me. "I'm also staying with him for reasons I can't explain right now, I won't be around until Tuesday morning, you guys just need to confirm the Ireland and Europe leg, and the Manchester date. John had me sign some papers before I left. I'll get as much as I can done on the final song while you guys pull up candidates for an opening band. We can make the final decision when I get back. It's  4 days you guys can handle it." He said with a sigh.

I could feel my eyes widen at his answer... I didn't expect him to tell them no...

"Fine, you better have most that song done or I'm going to kill you."

"Cas, shhh!" Pax smiled, pointing to the tv.

"Was that a baby?" I heard Cash ask, making me try not to laugh. How you gonna explain that one buddy ol' pal?

"Nope. Gotta go bye." he said hanging up without a response.

"Well that's a way to raise suspicion. And I though you were just staying tonight?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"I am" he said getting off the couch. "I have till Monday off, then I have to go across New York for some tour things." He said, resting his face on his hand.

"Oh. You know I have to work on Monday and some on Sunday." I said.

He nodded.  "I was hoping one of the days I would get to watch Pax for a day. Or both. If your okay with it." He said softly looking up at me.

"I don't know, maybe Sunday since it's a smaller shift... we'll see about Monday."

"Would it be here?" He asked.

"I don't know, maybe your place. Do you still have thunder?" I asked.

"Course" he smiled "but right now he's with my aunt. I'm supposed to get him Monday cuz he's coming on the American part of the tour." He said smiling. He loves that dog more than anything... I love that dog to be honest. He was just so sweet and gentle with kids and people. "The only dog Pax has ever been around was Blu."

"Who?"

"My moms husky puppy."

"Oh. I'd imagine he'd be fine around Thunder then."

"I suppose." I sighed, letting the room fall quite again. My head was spinning at a million miles per hour, yet I still couldn't form a coherent thought without the little clown fish on the screen breaking my train of thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 191K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
2.2K 34 20
Rosalina Casper has always been a girl with a snappy but submissive personality. Being pushed around and teased in high school changed something insi...
12.8K 367 40
Theo had been planning on proposing to Liam for a while now, now that he was a high school graduate. but what will he do when he finds his mate missi...
5.7K 500 26
Seventeen year old Casper Reynolds and his goofy laidback best friend Eric live and breathe surfing. Living in a busy tourist town in California righ...