Beach Vacey [On Hold]

By CittyKatYuki

"You do understand what's to take place, correct?" said the voice, smoothly. His crooked smile hanged loosel... More

Rawr I1I
Kidnapped I2I
Don't Go In The Lions' Pen I3I
A Teapot of Shattered Glass I4I
Letters? I5I
Lord Lizard I6I
A Gift For Dark I7I
Tickets I8I
"I'll be burning it" I9I
Sapphire and Emerald eyes I10I Part 1
Keeping The Princess Outside Waiting I10I Part 2
Malon I10I Part 3
Amazing I11I
Swimming Thoughts I12I
The One I'll Be Dealing With I13I
Evening I14I
A Squirrel I15I
Dreams and Memories I16I
Not Counting Dark I17I
Ice Cream I18I
Livid I19I Part 1
Predicted I19I Part 2
Distant I20I
Three-Triangled Envelope I21I
War? I22I
How bad? I23I
Rain I24I Part 1
Silent Whys I24I Part 2
Open Windows I24I Part 3
In The Midst of Rain I24I Part 4
Unanswered I25I Part 1
First Impressions I25I Part 2
He Knows I25I Part 3
Possible Returns I25I Part 4
Shadow I26I Part 1
That Bastard I26I Part 2
Don't Try Negotiating With Him I26I Part 3
Behind Closed Doors I27I
As Peaceful as Night Became Day I28I
The Beauty of Hope I29I
Don't Talk I30I
Just A Dream I31I
Weights I32I
Awkward Lighting I33I
The First Few Stages of Grief I34I
Disguised Conflict I35I
Driving Heat I37I
Do You Remember? I38I
After Rain I39I
A Fresh New Start I40I
Do I Want to Know? I41I
Concern I42I
Covered-Up Lies I43I
A Helping Hand I44I
Out of Place I45I
My Last Memories I46I
The Mirage in the Depths of Her Green Eyes I47I Part 1
Look Like the Delicate Rose I47I Part 2
Be the Serpent Underneath I48I Part 1
Intoxicating Conscious Thoughts I48I Part 2
Stockholm Syndrome I49I
Stupor I50I
Vio Knows I51I
Trapped with Loss I52I
Hallucination I53I
Not Anywhere Around Here I54I Part 1
Rock Bottom I54I Part 2
A/N Update
Kill or Be Killed I55I Part 1
Act 1 Scene 1 I55I Part 2
Mind Manipulation I55I Part 3
The Lion Will Wait I56I
At Sea I57I
The Color Red I58I
Autumn's Amber I59I Part 1
Emerald Eyes I59I Part 2
The Moon I60I
Act 2 Scene 1 I61I
A Stranger's Exchange I62I
Feedback I63I
Cold, Still Water I64I Part 1
Blue-Eyed Stare I64I Part 2
Doubt I64I Part 3
Death by Time's Pendulum I65I
Yellow Raincoat I66I Part 1
Death Trap I66I Part 2
Koi Fish I66I Part 3
Trusted Individual I67I
Alliances I68I Part 1
Act 3 Scene 1 I68I Part 2
The Threshold of Death I69I
Red-Handed Murderer I70I
Flame Sword I71I
Paradoxical Death I72I
Fading Darkness I73I
The Missing Bullet I74I
Extra 1

A Desire for a Special Key I36I

42 4 32
By CittyKatYuki

In one hand, my keychain was looped with my finger and a key was clutched tightly. My eyes-they kept their hold on what was bestowed in front of me... A quarrel between Zelda and troublesome Dark by the stairs... I had second thoughts there, by the front door. I had battled myself with the key in my hand. The key I agreed on taking, and the key that would bring me no use.

I didn't study them too much. My mind was oblivious, but their voices still wandered:

"Remember what I said last night, Dark?" Zelda began. "I'm not going to kill you, but, you know... leaving the lights on for three straight days... leaves a GRAND toll on the bills..." They were on and off about this...

Dark interjected quickly with his typical laid-back tone. "But, your parents are rich, so we're pretty much good for the rest of the month, right, Li-"

Zelda rebutted, "My parents may be rich, sure, but THAT doesn't mean I'm-WE'RE the same! Do you pay the bills, Dark?!"

Dark scoffed and released another snarky comment. My ears didn't stay too long with the conversation, however. I was far too overwhelmed with my situation. The task I agreed to uphold.

Robin. Robin was the first name of the man. The man who was arranged by Zelda's parents to marry her... The fancy, classy, wealthy, condescending jerk Zelda had to marry. Her fiancé. Zelda told me his name and his deal this morning... and she asked a favor of me... A favor I wished I never said "yes" to, but I just couldn't say no. Hence where I battled myself with second thoughts.

Robin, Zelda's fiancé, wants to meet her at a restaurant for lunch, and Zelda had asked me to chauffeur her there... It's a high-class restaurant, of course, and I guess Zelda had insisted on getting there herself without security... This morning, she reminded me of her deep hate she held for him, even adding that she wouldn't be able to escape this situation easily, so her only way to "move forward" is to obey her parents... But, this man... he frustrates me... I'm driving her and allowing her to have lunch with this... SELFISH, CONDESCENDING jerk... I'm sure she never wanted this... I'm sure she wanted nothing from this man... I barely met the man, but his attitude... I could tell what type of person he was... How could her parents select this man?

However, Zelda didn't go into much detail about him... She refused to talk about him... She barely knew him herself, though... I guess the date was all to just get to know each other... Though, this situation did leave me on edge... I really couldn't drive her there... but, I had to. I had to be there to do that... for her. I never looked forward to taking the keys and completing her request... But, I never held hate for her because of it...

"I mean, come on!" Zelda playfully punched Dark in the shoulder. "I can't trust you for ten seconds!" she yelled.

Dark rolled his eyes and scoffed. "All you do is lecture me..."

Zelda laughed sarcastically, bugged. "Well, let me remind you: I LEFT THIS PLACE FOR ONE DAY AND I COULDN'T CONTACT EITHER ONE OF YOU BECAUSE ONE OF YOU DECIDED TO ABANDON SHIP!"

Dark's expression plastered with frustration. "I swear! My phone was left on the bed!"

Zelda sighed and folded her arms. Her lips pouted, and her eyes narrowed, frustrated with Dark's behavior. "Then grow up and become a responsible man, Dark!" she chided.

That struck a nerve. His eyes shot her with a fiery anger and his hands rose in defense. "What?! All I did was leave my phone-"

"Anyways, Dark! Listen to me!"

Dark shrugged and scoffed violently. "Why should I?!"

Zelda shoved her pointer finger into his face-awakening his fearful alertness that followed with his widened crimson eyes. "After you and Link drop me off, don't go pulling anything with Link, okay?! I've had enough of your nonsense! Don't bug him, bother him, or anything!"

Dark pulled himself together slowly. "Yeah... no doing anything... no talking, breathing, nothing... Can you lecture him, please?"

Zelda rolled her head, frustrated out of her mind. "No..." She sighed, slowing giving up on him. "You don't have to take it to that extreme..."

Dark smirked and slouched, proceeding to tuck his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants. "Well, you said you don't want me to do anything!" He hissed and made another comment. "SOMEONE HELP ME IF I 'ABANDON SHIP', AGAIN!"

"Gosh, Dark, whatever!" Zelda objected in finalization. She paused for a moment, analyzing Dark quickly. "Now, Dark, please?"

Dark grumbled, clenching his teeth. "What?" he suddenly snapped.

Zelda sighed roughly. "I'd appreciate it if you could at least understand... I don't want to do anything for my parents... I don't! I don't want to..." She paused in thought, lowering her gaze, and then began again slowly. "I don't know if Link told you much or if... But, my parents are keeping a tight watch on me...!" She laughed slightly, trying to force herself to believe her statement as a joke. "I have to go today... I have to..."

Dark's smirk curled as he interrupted her. "Isn't there a way around all this? Can't you just say 'no'? You do have a choice. You don't have to say 'I do', y'know..." It was odd seeing Dark trying to help.

Zelda shook her head. "It's not as easy as you think... My parents would be incredibly disappointed if I were to do anything of that..."

Dark sighed sharply. "Well, you do live far away from them... They'd probably want you to... y'know..."

"That's not the point!" Zelda exclaimed. "All I wish to address to you is that all I want to do is get my parents eyes OFF OF ME!" she exaggerated, pleadingly towards Dark. "They are putting me in an incredibly, UNCOMFORTABLE position! And, all I beg of you is to understand that I'm not trying to bother you or frustrate you... All I'm asking is for you to be on my side and ASSIST me!" She tried to shrug off Dark's glaring eyes as she moved away slightly. She sighed sadly, "I don't care if you hate me. I really don't care what you think of me!"

Dark stood silently in thought. I wasn't sure if he was affected by anything she had said. Maybe there was some kind of glimmer in his eyes, but his position didn't change. He was like a statue with his hands remaining in his pockets and his expression almost staying the same, keeping the same obnoxious smirk. I was surprised he didn't have any comments, though. But, Zelda... in truth of her words, she really did have a care for Dark, shockingly. Dark was a real cold person on the outside and I barely knew anything of the inside. He was mostly a secret... So, Zelda asking for loyalty from him... It was... really out there... Would he even care?

Zelda took a deep breath and exhaled. "Okay, hate me, then! But, Dark, I care... I just wish you weren't so reckless!"

Dark sneered with a scoff and his brows furrowed. "Reckless?!" he seethed, his eyes narrowing.

Zelda sighed sharply and nodded up to Dark slowly. "Jeez, Dark... come on!" She scoffed and brought herself to him with a hug.

Dark's eyes widened as her arms wrapped around him tenderly. As for me, I watched, surprised... Never in my lifetime would I expect Zelda to hug him; however, Zelda quickly unraveled herself from him and swiftly brought herself with her tippy toes to whisper something into his ear.

Dark freaked and pulled himself away quickly, nearly jumping. He shrieked, "Woah, what the f-"

Zelda genuinely laughed in amusement. "I'm kidding! I was being sarcastic!" she said, her statement to Dark only remaining a secret. Her laugh simmered down as she changed her position to observe him from another angle. "But, seriously, Dark..." She began, her tone becoming a bit more monotone. "Look..." She bit her lip judgingly, preparing to change the subject. "I don't want to upset you or anything... but, you look damn ugly in a turtleneck... And, plus! I mean, it's freaking June!"

Zelda was right. It didn't exactly suit him. Dark wore a black turtleneck that almost completely covered his neck. It was odd not seeing him in a jacket. He was trying his hardest to keep the bruises on his neck a secret from Zelda... But, suddenly wearing a turtleneck in June was almost asking. Of course Zelda is going to want a reason to why exactly!

A forced, nervous smile plastered onto Dark and his eyebrows began to twitch. "IT'S NOT LIKE I HAD ANYTHING ELSE TO WEAR!" he panicked.

Zelda glared in denial of his words. "Are you sure about that?" she asked rhetorically. "You practically wear the same thing every single day... Is that why?"

Dark's nervous smile widened. "Y-Yeah! Yep! That's why-"

"Or is it because you're suddenly insecure about your neck and you don't want to expose it?"

I spoke up. "Zelda, do you want to go now?"

Zelda sighed and looked over at me. "I don't want to..." she grumbled.

I smiled slightly with pity. "I'll drive you..."

"Fine..." She stepped away from Dark, clutching her purse from the end table, and threw it over her shoulder. She spun around and glowered up to me. "Okay! Quit watching me... I'm going!" She pushed her hair out of her face and made her way out the door, brushing her hand against mine before leaving.

I watched her fall out from the conversation and continue on the path to the car by herself. It was noon outside and I sort of fell into a trance... I could just say I was blinded by the dawning afternoon's light... The summer days were bright... I also could've been battling myself with thoughts, however. I didn't want to drive her. I didn't.

Dark's voice popped into the air. "Am I missing something?"

I turned around, sending my gaze to Dark, and caught his glaring eyes. I sighed roughly and turned back around, my eyes wavering back to the light. "Let's go, Dark."

I stepped out and Dark followed. I stopped to close the door with him waiting beside me. I observed him with side glances, and he didn't say anything, but I could tell he was thankful I got Zelda out the door. I'm sure Zelda would've tried peeking underneath the collar to find a surprise... I had to stop her... I don't want to hide everything from her... but for now... It's not the time. Maybe Dark didn't think the exact same thing... but I'm sure he'd rather avoid explaining...

However, all in all, we soon caught up with Zelda, and only for Zelda, I drove her to the restaurant... Just what her fiancé wanted... I put the key in the ignition and put it into use...

All I hoped for really, was a resolve. Some hope to fix this route... because I couldn't do this...

Hope did come, however... Hope only came because of one misfortune. On one, unlucky night, it was bestowed. But, this hope... the way it came... How could it be surrounded by so many other tragedies to be achieved?

It made no sense. Maybe I was blind the entire time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.8K 726 39
In modern day Hyrule, Link is an orphan who lives in an orphanage. Because he is meant to be the Hero of Hyrule, his bunkmates get jealous and bully...
38.1K 691 34
╔════ ⭒ ‧͙⁺-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ˚⁺‧͙ ⭒════╗ Drabbles of you and Link and the adventures you both endure along with the feelings that develop an...
108K 5K 44
((read whole description to know what you're getting into xD)) There is a secret hiding in the nation of Hyrule. For centuries this land has been a...
65.7K 1.6K 13
"It's been too long, hasn't it?" She ran a gloved hand over the diary caked with dust, "Far too long..." Link examined the worn, grey chamber, adorne...