What Happened in Vegas

By itz_zubi

"don't come any closer" I stutter as he takes long strides towards me. I press my back against the shelf and... More

what happened in Vegas
cast
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
ANNOUNCEMENT
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty-five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty-eight: the end
β˜†new story alertβ˜†

chapter twelve

16.8K 685 101
By itz_zubi

   Emiliana's POV
I scream more into my pillow until I hear shuffling at the door.  I stiffen and stand up hurriedly in time to when a dryer slips through the door. 

I bolt up and open the door ajar and peep outside.  There was no one there.  I sigh in relief and touch my hair.  It isn't as wet anymore.  I pick the dryer up and dump it on the sofa near the  bed.

Why am I in this mess?

******
My phone alarm rings loudly in my ear and I couldn't help but bolt up from the bed.  It was 3:50am . I jump into the shower and let the warm water trickle down my body.

When I finished,  I slipped into my dress from yesterday and with my shoes in hand,  walk outside quietly.  From the way things are,  I guess everyone is still asleep.

Finally,  I reach the door but it's locked.  I curse myself.  How could the door of this house be open.

"emiliana,  where are you off to? " I hear a voice behind me.  I turn around swiftly to meet the smiling eyes of Mrs Jones.

"I have to get home so I can get ready for work " I say trying to convince her.

"OK dear,  don't you want to have breakfast?,  I'm almost done and Mr Raphael will be done in an hour or so" she says nicely.

He is the one I'm trying to run away from.  What's the use? I'll still see him at work.

"thank you but I have to get going " I reply smiling and she returns it before helping me with the door and showing me how to open it.

Finally,  I'm out of that house.

I board a taxi and hurry home. Luckily,  big boss and his men had already left.  At least, I will soon get my first pay so that I can pay them off even if it won't still be enough.

The apartment isn't really messed up.  At least,  they pity me a little.  The chairs are turned upside down and some glass cups are broken.  Aside from that,  everything is perfect.

I get to cleaning the house, when I'm done,  I call jasmine.

"hi" she chirps.

"hello,  how are you doing? " I ask her putting a flower vase on the table.

"I'm fine,  are you at home now?  Is the house in good condition?  Where did you spend the night? " she blabbers concern obvious in her voice.

"everything is fine " I laugh

"thank God" she breathes

"make sure you make some fresh food before going to work OK? " she warns like a mother and I assure her that I will before we end the call.

I change into a white button up shirt with pearls on the neck and a fitted black skirt and a pair of black heels.  I let my hair
Cascade down my shoulder.

I open my fridge but it's empty except for a box of pizza and a warm glass of milk.  The pizza has only two slices and it didn't look it's best anymore.  It's dry and the cheese isn't active anymore.

How long has this been here.

Anyways,  it won't hurt to eat it.

I sit on a chair and munch the pizza and sip my milk.  After eating, I leave for work.

I hail a taxi and we start driving to corrado enterprises.

In the car,  I feel my stomach rumble and a sharp pain passes through my stomach. It stops and I breathe in relief.

I stop by in a café and order for coffee for Mr Raphael.

Finally,  I get to the company.  I pay the taxi driver and walk inside the company.  The pain in my tummy starts again and I use all the strength in me to reach the top floor.

I shouldn't have eaten that bad pizza.

I slip into my seat and start working on some files.  The pain stops again and I resume working.

Raphael's POV
I go into my room quickly before she finds me lurking in the corridor.

She knows I remember her

I slip out my shirt and slump on my comfy bed. My mind trails back to Vegas.  When I first saw her,  I felt something in my heart.  It was a tightening feeling that I got when I looked at her.

I could have taken advantage of her drunken state but I didn't.

I couldn't

Hopefully,  she will be willing to talk about it tomorrow.  It's not like we did anything.  Or maybe she thinks we did.

I take my bath hurriedly since I have an important meeting to attend this afternoon.  I slip into a black suit and grey tie and let my hair loose on my neck.  I take a look at my self in the mirror. After confirming that I looked perfect,  I made my way downstairs where Mrs Jones is setting the table.

"good morning Raphael " she grins.

"morning Mrs Jones " I return the smile sitting on the chair watching my plate of salad.

"why is there only a plate of food? " I ask looking around.

Emiliana is supposed to be here.

"what? " she asks visibly confused.

"the girl from yesterday,  where is she? " I ask

"oh,  she left by four this morning. She said she didn't want to have breakfast here " she explains carefully.

"oh ok" I sigh taking a spoon full of salad and chewing it slowly.

She left again.

What did I expect?  I frightened her so much last night.

"that girl,  is there a reason you brought her to your house " Mrs Jones asks pressing her lips in a thin line.  From her voice, she didn't want to upset me.

"I don't know,  I guess she has some problems " I reply quietly.

She looked like she wanted to ask more but kept her mouth shut.

"you know you can tell me anything. Right? " she asks and I nod at her before she leaves for the kitchen.

Shortly, I finish eating and walk outside with the car ready.

Emiliana's POV

The door bursts open and Mr Raphael walks in.

"good morning sir" I say quickly getting up. I feel really embarrassed remembering all that I did to him.  I still don't know if something happened between us or not.

"morning miss Valdez " he says sipping his coffee and not paying any attention to me.

I feel a sudden pang of pain.

"why did you leave early this morning? " he asks looking up at me and my eyes widen in shock feeling him staring at me.  His eyes doesn't leave mine and I can't seem to break the staring contest. The pain in my stomach hurts again.

"I had to get ready for work " I say simply and he nods.

"next time don't leave except I ask you to,  stay if I ask you to, you don't eat except I ask you to.  You know why?  Because you are my personal assistant" he says possessively.

"yes sir" I say tucking my hair behind my ear and looking down at my feet.

"don't act like I gave you a punishment, it's your work" he adds before putting his system on and I go back to my desk.

Suddenly,  I get sweaty and tired and I can hear rumbling in my stomach.  I hope Mr Raphael can't hear it.

I need to go to the ladies room.

I stand up quietly and make my way to the door.

"where are you going? " he asks.

"I need to go to Cecelia to take a file" I respond quickly clutching my stomach.

"are you okay?" he asks raising his eyebrows.

I nod quickly and walk outside and run to the ladies room.

"emiliana! " I hear Daniel call behind me.

"I'll be back" I shout feeling more sweaty.

As I see the ladies room door,  I smile in satisfaction and I swing the door open.  Unfortunately,  the bathroom is crowded.  I knock on each door and a voice always responds from inside.

I can't wait any longer.

I dash back upstairs and enter into Mr Raphael's office slamming the door shut making Mr Raphael raise his eyebrow.

"can...can I use your toilet ?" I ask holding my stomach and hearing it rumble.

I have to do it fast.

"sure " he answers
Confused and I practically run to the toilet and I smile at the empty toilet seat.

"please don't make any noise " I beg my rumbling stomach as I clutch the toilet seat and shut my eyes feeling it about to relieve me.

I hear a loud splat in the toilet seat and my eyes flare open. I bet Mr Raphael heard that. I suddenly feel relieved and other splats that I couldn't control came down.

After I finished,  the room is filled with a smell that I couldn't put my hands on but it is bad.  I look around for an air freshener until I find it and spray it generously.  It didn't clear the smell totally but this will do for now.

I wash my hands and run my hand through my hair to make sure I looked presentable and walk out.

Mr Raphael turns to look at me and he has a smirk plastered on his face.

"I'm sorry" I mutter under my breath my face turning red.

He nods his head before speaking.

"make sure all the files from a2 is ready before three,  I have a meeting " he instructs and I nod before walking to get the files.

"you should eat well, I don't want my toilet getting messed up all the time " he smirks and I mentally groan.

******
"yes, ok, I will inform him" I say to Cecilia.

"Mr Raphael, the people from starlight company are ready for the meeting" I tell him and he stands up and walks to me.

"are the files ready?" he asks and I hand it to him.

"thank you.  Meet me shortly, I'll need your help" he says before he walks out.

I arrange my table and I stand up and walk outside to go to the hall for the meeting.

I suddenly hear a voice behind me.  A familiar one at that.

"emiliana valdez"

"piero montez" I gasp

Piero is back.  I knew he won't be gone forever.  Don't forget to vote, comment and share.  Love y'all💗💗
    Happy new year 🎊🎊🎊🎊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 7K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
5M 152K 51
(BOOK 1 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) [COMPLETED & EDITING] * "Arie," he whispered, his smile dropping as he closed the distance between us. "I'm s...
5.5M 157K 57
❝𝒉𝒆 π’Šπ’” π‘²π’Šπ’π’ˆ, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’‰π’‚π’• π’Šπ’” 𝒂 π‘²π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’˜π’Šπ’•π’‰π’π’–π’• π’‰π’Šπ’” π‘Έπ’–π’†π’†π’βž UNDER EDITING - PARTS OF THE STORY WILL BE CHANGED. He is ki...
12.2M 393K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...