The Mafia's Son

By ehrikuhhh

Hailey Summers. I knew she was gonna be a problem for me the second my eyes fell on her in the school hall w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
EPILOGUE

Chapter Thirty One

71K 1.5K 1.2K
By ehrikuhhh

Hailey's POV

"Babe, no, stop!!" I laughed quietly, attempting to swat Isaac's hands away from my pizza.

"Shhh, I'm almost done!" Isaac chuckles as he continues to hold me back with one hand, and continuing his master piece with his other.

"Nooo!" I giggled. "Now it looks angry!" I continued to laugh, attempting to get around him.

We were currently in Mrs. MaryL's class, attempting to bake a home made pizza from scratch, and Isaac was currently laughing his ass off, ruining my happy face that I had made out of pepperoni. He was using little pieces of olives to give my smiley a frowny unibrow.

It had been about two weeks since Isaac's little episode in his room, he never brought it back up and I sure as hell wasn't going to. He's been in such a good mood since that day, and I didn't want to mess that up. Plus he hasn't lost his temper in awhile so that's always a nice thing, he's even being nice to Patrick, and he's always giving him a hard time.

"What are you doing?!" Isaac chuckles grabbing me by the waist, turning me away from the counter. I had started picking off his frowny brow of olives when he stepped away to wash his hands.

"No!" I squealed. "He looks better when he's happy!"

"Mr. Matteo!" Mrs. MaryL shouts, getting up from her seat and Isaac freezes in his spot, while still clinging onto my waist. "Please put Ms. Summers down!" He does so slowly, a harsh glare now starting to form on his face and I quickly reach for his hand.

"This is a cooking class, so I suggest that you get to working on your assignment that I have given you guys, unless you would like to take a little trip down to the front office."

"No, ma'am," he growls in between clenched teeth, and I squeeze his hand pulling him back a bit.

"Come on, baby, let's get started on yours," I murmur.

Isaac nods his head and turns around slowly, calling Mrs. MaryL every name in the book that he could possibly think of, and not so quietly might I add. I'm about 98% sure that Mrs. MaryL has heard, but is choosing to ignore it. Isaac stays in his little upset funk for a good five minutes, when he eventually decides to get over it and is back to his happy self. Half of the class is cooking, and the other half is sitting down working on a different assignment that Mrs. Mary has assigned.

After Isaac throws both of our pizza's in the oven we go back to our table and sit down. Madison and Isaac's friends are currently at the table right now, they're part of the other half that got stuck doing actual work, rather than cook. They'll actually be cooking next week, and we'll be the ones doing desk work, but I didn't mind, Isaac made this class go by quick.

"Hey, Hailey.." Madison whispers to the left of me, I turn to look at her. "Wanna have lunch tomorrow? It's Friday," she smiles. "You can pick the choice of food."

I glance over at Isaac who's now talking to his friends, well listening to them. That was Isaac for you. He wasn't much of a talker unless he was really comfortable with you. He'll short talk you and answer your questions, but to actually carry a conversation was a whole different thing. "Is it okay if I have lunch with the girls tomorrow?"

"Yeah, I don't see why not?" He grins. "You deserve some girl time."

I squeeze his hand on the table and lean in to him, "thank you," I whisper kissing his cheek.

"So yes?"

"Yes," I turn to look at Madison, while smiling.

I talk to Madison for awhile, while Isaac continues to conversate with his friends. I practically see Madison every day, but for some reason I felt like we hadn't talked in so long. It felt good to catch up a little today, I can't wait for lunch tomorrow, I'm actually excited to see Mia and Abby, I feel like now a days all I do is hang out with guys because Angela tends to do her own thing with Sofia every now and then. The timer on my phone goes off and I stand up to take our pizza out of the oven. Isaac offered to help but I said that I could handle it, it was only pizza for crying out loud.

Isaac and his friend Lorenzo are talking when I get back to the table, "I don't know, Zee, I'll think about it."

"Think about what?" I ask, taking my seat again but it's pointless because the second I sit down the bell rings.

"Did you put everything away, baby?" Isaac says, getting up from his chair.

"Mhm," I tell him, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

Isaac pushes my chair in, immediately reaching for my hand, interlocking our fingers together. We had a 15 minute break after second period. "Lorenzo's family is going out of town tomorrow, so him and Niko want to throw a party. That's what I was thinking about. He asked if I was down."

"When aren't your friends throwing parties," I grumble rolling my eyes, as we walk towards Isaac's hang out spot.

"I don't plan on going!" Isaac chuckles. "I meant it, no more drinking."

I smile up at him, "you do know you can go and not get totally get trashed."

"What's the fun in that?" He says pulling me into him, and I playfully smack his chest as he locks our lips together.

"Ew. Please do us a favor and hold the PDA for after lunch time," Dion annoyingly grumbles, just like every other time that his best friend decides to kiss me.

I push Isaac away from me, taking a seat on the bench and notice that he's accompanied by Angela and Patrick.

"Aye Dee, how long has it been that you've gotten laid that you're always hating on KP?" Patrick laughs, taking a seat in front of Isaac and I.

"Don't fücking worry about it!" Dion smacks him on the head, as he walks passed him to take a seat. Angela laughs softly while shaking her head, taking a seat next to me.

"So touchy touchy this morning," Angela chimes in. "Have you guys seen Sofia today? I keep texting her and she doesn't reply."

All three guys start laughing, including Isaac as I sit here clueless with Angela wondering what the hell could possibly be so funny. "What did you do to piss her off this time?" Isaac teased and I playfully nudge him on the side.

"I didn't do anything you idiot!" She exclaims.

"What's wrong with queen bee now?" Says another deep voice from behind us, walking up to the table. It's Isaac's other friend, Vinny.

"Sofia's dodging her," Ric says, shrugging his shoulders.

"No shit, really? What's up with her? Bert and I just ran into her by the stairs and she was acting all kinds of weird!"

"You know Sofia, bro, she's always moody," says Dion.

"Weird how?" Angela ask's over Dion's comment.

"No dude, not moody, she was all weird and mopey."

"And you didn't think to find out what was wrong with her, estupido?" Angela barks as she gets up from the table. "Where is she?"

"Albert stayed to find out!!"

"Isn't that him coming this way?" Patrick points behind us, and everyone turns around to look. Sure enough it is Albert walking this way, but that's not what's grasping everyone's attention. It's who he's with and what he's doing. He has Sofia by the arm, pulling her, dragging her with him as she desperately tries to get away from him. She has a hoodie over her head, but you can definitely tell from here that she's shaking her head no, begging him to stop.

"What the hell is he doing?" Vinny mutter's under his breath.

"I don't know," Isaac answers lowly, letting go off my hand. "But I'm about to fucking find out," he says stepping out of the bench. "I'll be right back," he mutters, placing a kiss on my cheek, but by this time Albert and Sofia are only a couple feet away from us.

"What the fuck are you doing, let go of her!" Angela blurts out.

"Gladly!" Albert snarls, shoving a crying Sofia into Angela's arms.

"What the fuck is your problem, Al?!" Vinny says shoving his cousin away from the girls.

"Mine? Look at her fucking face!"

All the guys, including myself, turn their attention towards the girls, but it's no use. Sofia still has that hoodie over her head, hiding most of her face. In less than two seconds it's quickly coming off though. Isaac quickly pulls it down, pulling her out of Angela's embrace and my eyes instantly water up.

Sofia's face was covered in bruises and scratches under her hood. Her beautiful lips were now busted with some dry blood on it, and she had one of the nastiest black eyes I'd ever seen in my life, with another scratch right above her right eyebrow. I was in pain just by looking at her, who would do something like this?

"Who did this to you?" Isaac growls dangerously low, grabbing ahold of her face. "I'll kill'em."

Sofia winces, attempting to remove Issac's touch from her, "Please, Isaac, it's not a big deal," she cries and Angela quickly pulls him away from her, standing in front of him, holding him back.

"Not a big deal?" He scoffs. "Have you see your fucking face, Sofi!" He shouts.

"Fucking exactly!" Albert blurts out. "She was actually gonna try to avoid us until it went away!"

"Fücking idiot! You're only making this worst, shut the fuck up!" Dion growls passing by him. "Come here, Soph."

"Who the fuck put their hands on you, Sofia!" Isaac shouts.

"A little help here, Hail!" Angela exclaims, attempting to hold Isaac back still.

Oh right! I quickly get off the bench and grab Isaac's arm, attempting to pull him towards me. "Baby, come on," but he doesn't budge, he attempts to move forward and Angela and I try our hardest to pull him back.

"I don't understand why the fuck you're protecting them!" He shouts, snaking his arm away from me.

"Isaac!"

"I'm not protecting them!" She cries. "I just don't want you to do anything!"

"Look at your fucking face, Sofia!"

The break bell then goes off and Im grabbing onto Isaac's arm, pulling him back towards me. "Come on, baby, let's go to class... Isaac look at me!" He finally tears his attention away from Sofia, gazing down at me. "Breathe," I tell him. "Walk me to class?"

Isaac stares at me for a couple seconds, looks up at Sofia, and slowly nods his head, grabbing mine and his bag from the table. "Were not done with this," he says to Sofia, handing me my bag.

"Come on," I grab his hand, pulling him with me.

"I will find out," he tells her, slowly starting to walk backwards. Sofia doesn't say anything in return as we continue to walk away.

He walks me to my photography class being as quiet as ever, and I gently squeeze his hand, "you okay?"

"I'm fine," he says stoping a couple feet away from my class. Mr. Livsay was standing outside of the class, waiting for all of his students to walk in. I let go off Isaac hand wrapping my arms around him. He was totally lying to me, he wasn't fine, he was still upset about the whole Sofia thing.

"You're lying.." I murmur. "I know you're upset, baby, but please, please, please, don't do anything. You can't afford to get into any trouble right now."

"I'm not gonna get into any trouble," he tells me, placing a kiss on my forehead. "Why don't you spend lunch with your friends today too. I think I'm just gonna go home. I don't want to be here while I'm in a shitty mood, I don't want to take it out on anyone."

I nod my head, "call me after school if you do decide to leave."

He chuckles softly, "I'm still gonna come pick you up, baby, what kind of boyfriend would that make me if I just left you here."

"A grumpy one," I tease him.

"Funny," he chuckles, meeting my lips with his. "Now get to class," he says smacking my ass, causing my to yelp.

"There's people around, Isaac!"

"And?" He smiles, pulling me back in, grabbing a handful of my butt. "Everyone already knows this is mine."

"Isaac!" I quickly shove him off of me. "Stop!"

"What? I can't help it!" He chuckles.

"I'm going to class," I tell him, while shaking my head as the bell rings. I tell Isaac to go home and turn to walk into class before the tardy bell rings, when I hear him whistles behind me and I turn to give him a dirty look.

I don't necessarily worry over Isaac too much, seeing how his mood had lighten up a bit and he went home, rather than be here around people that can aggravate him even more, leading him to do something stupid.

~~~

Madison was actually pretty stoked when I asked her if I can join them for lunch today too, instead of just tomorrow. We were currently on lunch right now, sitting down at her table with her friends, talking, eating. Well they were, my mind was a little preoccupied right now. I was starting to get worried about Isaac. I hadn't heard back from him since 4th period, and it was starting to make me a little anxious. I had called him the second we went out to lunch, but like always, his phone went straight to voicemail. I had a bad feeling deep down in my gut, something didn't feel right.

"Are you okay Hailey? You've barely touched your food," Abby points out.

"Im not that hungry," I tell her. "I'm trying to get hold of Isaac."

"Isaac huh?" Mia raises her eyebrows. "Things are getting pretty serious between you two, huh?"

I feel my cheeks instantly start to warm up, "yeah."

"So what's it like dating the mafias son?" Mia smiles, resting her head in her hands, waiting for me to spill the beans on my relationship.

And god how I wanted to spill my guts out to the girls, tell them all about how Isaac broke out the L word when he was drunk, but Isaac was so private about his life that I had to be careful of what I said, even when it came to the little things. I hadn't even told Carmen yet that we were already saying I love you's and I was dying to tell someone already.

"It's.. overwhelming at times," I sighed. "But what relationship doesn't have their complications, right?"

All three girls nod there head, "oh my god, have you met his family yet?" Abby's suddenly sitting at the edge of her seat.

"Wait, you've been to his house?" I turn my attention back to Mia and then back to Abby as they take turns bombarding me with questions.

"What are his parents like?"

"Have you guys done anything yet?"

"How scary was his dad?"

"Enough!" Madison blurts out. "Let her fucking breathe guys."

I place my hand on Madison's arm and I'm about to tell her that it's okay, she can relax, when my heart fucking drops to my stomach. Just I'm about to speak, I hear my name being shrieked from across the court yard and see Sofia running in my direction, but it's the panic look on her face and voice that send chills running up my back.

"Hailey!" She pants, doubling over in front of our table.

"Sofia?" I quickly get out of the table and run over to her side, as she continues to cough, trying to catch her breath. "What's wrong?"

"G- give.. m-me a s-second," she holds up a finger.

"Are you okay?"

She starts frantically shaking her head no and quickly grabs my hand pulling me towards her, "Angela.." she pants. "S-she t-told me to get you! S-she c-can't stop them! Come on!"

"Them?" I question. "What are you.. I don't understand what you're saying. Take a deep breath, breathe. Do you want some water?"

"NO!!! IT'S ISAAC!" She shouts tugging on my arm again. "I don't know how he found out, but he did! You need to stop him! He won't listen to Ang or me, you need to calm him down again like this morning!"

I start shaking my head side to side, "no, he wouldn't.. H-he said he was going home, he said he was home!"

"You're wasting time, Hailey! Are you gonna come or not!"

I start nodding my head immediately, still trying to comprehend everything that's Sofia has just told me. "Can you watch my things for me," I ask the girls behind me, but I don't wait around for their answer. Sofia takes off running towards the back of the school, and I'm trying my hardest to keep up with her. She's a pretty fast runner, but then again it could be all the adrenaline pumping through her body right now.

"They're behind the wood shop building!" She shouts making a sharp right, and I'm suddenly being met by pure utter chaos.

Sofia immediately leaves my side joining the chaos, and as for me, I freeze up in my spot, trying to grasp everything that was happening in front of me. The first person that I instantly noticed out of the bunch was Patrick.

He was hanging on to Angela by the waist, pulling her away from everybody as she continued to yell, begging Dion to stop. He's who I noticed second in that moment. He was a couple feet away from Ric and Angela, sitting on top of some guy that I couldn't recognized, beating the living life out of him, as Vinny and Albert try to get him off the poor guy.

And then I noticed him far off to my left. Isaac...

He was pinning none other than Cris fucking Roxwell to the school wall, hitting him in the face over, and over, and over again. But that's not what made my stomach churn. It was the sinister smile on his face, the murderous look he had in his eyes, it was unlike anything I'd ever seen and then it only got worst. In less than two seconds Isaac has a gun, his gun, pressed to Cris's head and everything and everyone just stops for a second.

"Fücking do something!" Angela shouts, quickly pulling me out of whatever little daze I had fell in.

I quickly nod my head and get my feet moving towards Isaac and Cris until I'm standing a couple a feet away from them. "Isaac.."

He immediately turns in my direction and I notice the nasty cut on his eyebrow, blood streaming down the side of his face. The stern look on his face never softening up, the same dark, murderous look in his eyes. "What the fuck are you doing here?" He furrows his eyebrows.

"What are you doing baby.."

"Nothing," he smiles. "I'm just.. handling something."

"Put the gun down, baby, please."

"Yeah, Matteo. Be a good boy and listen to your girl," Cris says, only aggravating Isaac even more.

Isaac immediately tightens his grip on his gun, pressing it deeper into Cris's face. "You shut the fuck before I put a bullet into your brain.."

"Isaac, please," I pleaded, getting closer to him.

"Did you know that Sofia was actually stupid enough to go out on a date with this fucking idiot." He says out loud, so that everyone, including Sofia could hear. "And then, when Sofi told him no, she didn't want to fuck him, he got upset and put his hands on her. As if I didn't need another reason to fucking hate his guts already," he growls, digging the gun even deeper, causing Cris to wince.

"Come on, KP, give me the gun," Dion says to the right of Isaac. "Not here man, you're still on probation."

"Baby, I know that your upset right now, but you're not thinking clearly, you're mad, you're lashing out. Give him the gun, please."

"Come on, KP, you don't want to do this in front of red.. Remember what you told me.. Just give me the piece before someone else see's."

"It's a little too late for that don't you think, Dee?" Isaac grumbles while looking over at me, that same anger and hatred he had that one day in his room. He turns to Cris in front of him, "I'll catch you later, Roxwell, this isn't over," he adds hitting Cris in the face with the back of his gun, then slams his face into the concrete wall, knocking him out cold.

I watch Cris's unconscious body fall to the ground, as Isaac hands his gun to Dion and begins to walk away as if I or his friends weren't here, as if this was a normal thing to him.

"Where the fuck do you think you're going?!" I say surprisingly confident.

"Home," he utters over his shoulder, continuing to make his towards the back gate. I can see his BMW parked on the other side of the street.

"Nauh!" I quickly catch up to him, and grab him by the arm so that he could face me. "You're not going anywhere until you calm down and talk to me!"

"Does it look like I fucking want to talk right now?!"

"I don't care what you want!" I yell back. "You are not gonna bottle this away like you do with everything else!"

"Let go of my fücking arm, Hailey.."

"No! Baby please, just talk to me!" But Isaac easily sneaks his arm away from me, attempting to walk away from me.

"Isaac, please!"

"What Hailey what? What could you possibly fucking want from me right now?!" He suddenly snaps, turning around so quick that I actually find myself cowering away from him...

Isaac's POV

Breathe, just breathe.

I mentally told myself, as I tried to get as far away as I could from Hailey, but that wasn't fucking happening. She had suddenly grew a pair of balls out of no where, out of all fucking days she decides today to come out of her little shell.

Don't get me wrong, I'm so fucking proud of her right now, but at the same fucking time I still wanted to rip Roxwell's fücking heart out so this little breviary act of her was pushing the last little patiences I had left.

I quickly wrench my arm away from Hailey trying my hardest not to lose my temper, but I'm clearly losing this battle. I never wanted her to fücking see me like this.

"Isaac, please!" She pleads, and everything just fucking goes down hill from there, I can't stop it, I don't know how.

I quickly snap my attention back towards her, "what Hailey what? What could you possibly fucking want from me right now?!"

I see the immediate fear in her eyes and she cautiously takes two steps back as I attempt to get near her.

"KP," Dion's instantly at my side, grabbing a hold of my arm.

I instantly wrench it away from him as well, but he's fast, I mean he has to be. He quickly steps in front of me, in between Hailey and I, holding me back as Angela pulls Hailey towards her. Not that I would actually fucking hurt her, but everyone was just being safe right now.

"What?" I scoffed. "I thought you wanted to know the real me?" I sneered, tapping my hands against my chest. "Take a good look, baby, because this is as good as it gets. Take it or leave it.."

I notice that her eyes are now tearing up. She shakes her head no, "this isn't you." She mutters. "You're-"

"Isn't it though?" I quickly cut her off. "I'm a fucking monster, Hail. When are you gonna get that through your fucking head! This is my life, this is what I do for a living," I point to Roxwell's unconscious body behind her. "And I enjoy it." I bluntly admit. The schools fire alarm suddenly starts going off.

Fuck.

"Come on, KP, let's go." Dion says as he lightly pushes me back. "You're gonna be in deep shit if you get caught."

I should've just gone. I should've just left right there and then, but my dumbass wasn't done yet. I shove Dion's hands off of me, taking a few steps backwards towards the back gate. "My father was right," I turn to look at Hailey. "This was a mistake to begin with."

"Isaac!" Angela implies.

I turn to her for a quick second, "you want to continue being her friend, that's fine by me!" I glance back at Hailey, "but I'm fucking tired of this shit, I'm done.. Don't call me, don't fücking look for me, don't do anything."

"What are you doing?" Hailey murmurs, shaking her head softly, tears running down her cheeks.

"Something I should've fücking done a long time ago. Face it, Hail, we both know its better this way, safer.. " I snap my fingers, "let's go Dee!"

Dion apologetically stares at Hailey and walks past me, climbing over the gate first and I follow after him. We're about to walk away when I feel something tug on my sleeve, or rather someone. Sure enough I turn around to find Hailey fucking hanging onto the material of my shirt, "Let go of my arm," I grumble softly.

"No!" She cries. "You don't get to decide what's good nor bad for me! You don't get to just fucking runaway from this!"

"LET GO OF MY FUCKING ARM!" I shout, Hailey flinches at my tone of voice, loosening her hold on me. "What don't you fucking get that you don't belong in my world, Hailey!" I grip the bars to the gate taking a step forward, and she instantly takes a step back.

"I was an idiot to think I could make it work! Constantly stressing the fuck out, thinking how the fuck am I gonna hide this, what bullshit excuse am I gonna come up with now. You're all I ever fucking think about that I started letting my own father down! I started getting sloppy with my work because you were always at the back of my head, knowing damn well how disappointed you would be if you found out what I was doing! I started missing jobs, actually telling my dad no, lying to him that I couldn't handle something, because I would rather spend my fucking time with you... But I don't fucking care anymore, because I'm fucking done!"

Hello my babies! Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you guys all enjoyed your New Years Eve, I really didn't do anything so I stayed home writing, trying to prepare myself because I go back to school tomorrow 🤦🏽‍♀️ (Lord help me lol) anyways, here's another chapter for you guys before things start slowing down again! I hope you guys enjoyed it, don't hate me! Lol Please don't forget to vote and leave your feed back, I read every comment that you guys post! Tootles my darlings!

-K💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 752 38
This is my first story sooo๐Ÿคจ He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
1M 29.8K 44
Book 1 of the Moretti Chronicles PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "The Girl Who Walked Into A Bar" โ€ข1st place General Fiction in Star Dazzle Awards โ€ขBest Plot Tw...
369K 10.7K 61
Summer Jones doesn't have a perfect life - a crazy half family, dropping grades and absolutely no idea on what she's doing in life. This tomboy has n...
4.1K 264 35
๐™’๐™๐™–๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™™๐™ค ๐™ž๐™› ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช ๐™›๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™– ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ข๐™– ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ ๐™š ๐™ช๐™ฅ ๐™›๐™š๐™š๐™ก๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™—๐™š๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™ฎ๐™š๐™™ ๐™—๐™ฎ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š...