Meant To Be #wattys2019

By oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... More

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 9

3.5K 307 28
By oh_hi_byeee

Anabiya's P.O.V

"Aachhuuu!" I sneezed for like 30000th time and my dear brother again gave me an annoyed look for interrupting his movie.

"Your sneeze is so.... low voiced. Complete opposite of how you normally speak." He teased and I scowled though I knew he was right.

I buried deep into my blanket and pulled up the hood of my hoodie, shivering.

"Girl you ain't in Alaska!" Suhail exclaimed as he pulled off the blanket ruthlessly, which earned him a smack on his head from my father.

"She's not well, don't trouble her!" Dad warned and I stuck my tongue out at my brother.

Daddy's girl for life!

"Yeah don't trouble my baby! Anabiya, go to your room. I'll give you some soup and medicines." My mother stepped in and checked my forehead, as she shook her head disapprovingly.

Yeah momma's girl too!

I wrapped my blanket around me as I got up slowly and walked to my room..... Damn this floor is so cold!

I laid down on my bed and closed my eyes.

And then I felt a shooting pain in my head.... then it got to my jaws and ears.

If someone is hammering a nail inside my head, then please stop!

And as I thought it couldn't get any worse now, today's events flashed right in.

Dayum!

I let out a small groan as I massaged my temples.

Arhaan Sir does the same.

WHY AM I EVEN THINKING ABOUT HIM RIGHT NOW?

And before my messed up mind could flow out with more trash thoughts, mommy entered, with a worried face and soup along with medicines.

The horrendous looking, pale coloured, huge as Jupiter pills made me more sick.

And as if my mom heard my thoughts, she glared at me.

"Anabiya, no more running away from these medicines. You have fever, you'll have to take this!" She ordered as I gulped, looking at her.

"But mumma, you know what science says... too much of pills are not good... and this is the natural way out body fights with the germs and stuff...." I tried to give some shitty explanation which made my mom roll her eyes.

"Have it... NOW. Or else I'll call Omar and then even you know, you can't get away without the injection." My mother smirked.

All colours drained away from my face as I thought about the needle piercing into my skin.

Omar being a doctor meant that he was really particular about this health stuff. Though he was a neurosurgeon, he made sure to take care of the basic health of his family and friends.

And you know brown parents.... they just need one doctor in the family or in friend circle, running to him/her for even a minor cold, irrespective of the field of the poor doctor!

And I remember, four months back when I had food poisoning and I was throwing tantrums regarding the pills, Omar literally dragged me to his hospital, and well got me injected.

Jerk!

'But you actually got better and you literally told him that you love him and he's great...', my inner voice commented with a snicker.

'But then I also said EWWWW when my I came back into my senses.' I retorted.

I slowly drank my soup as my mother watched me. As I took the last sip, my mother called my father.

''Aseef, get a glass of water."

And my dad came in with a huge glass of water, amused smile plastered on his face.

"So mommy actually convinced this stubborn girl of mine!" He said and I nodded, weakly.

"Convinced? Threatened, dad. Coercion you know." I croaked.

And I chugged the pills and then knocked off.

........

AUTHOR'S P.O.V

Arhaan sipped on his bitter, black coffee as he concentrated on the files in front of him.

"Everything's good, beta?" Abdul Saeed asked as he studied his son's features. He knew something was wrong.

" Work stress, Dad!" Arhaan sighed as he kept his files aside and looked at his father.

"What is it? I can help." Abdul offered.

Arhaan smiled at him as he massaged his temples.

"You know Anabiya, our CS. She thinks that investing in Zehab Industries is a loss. I mean I know it is a loss making company but we have some business advantages and also the deal seems profitable. But the girl is so stubborn, she's not just agreeing with it. She thinks it's a loss investment. She thinks something's fishy." Arhaan explained as he sighed in the end and looked at his father, warily.

Abdul Saeed nodded as he looked thoughtfully in distance.

"Well, do some inner research Arhaan. Maybe she's right? You know not everything shown in the papers is true." Abdul explained his son.

And that's when Arhaan got the cue.

Time for some research.

..........

"You're not going and that's final!" Anabiya's mother, Fatima  ordered placing the glass of water with a thud on the table.

Moms and the drama come hand in hand.

Anabiya stared at her mother and nodded.

"I guess I'll have to stay." She muttered, clearly not in the mood to speak. Bad health always created sour mood for her.

She walked to her room to retrieve her phone so she could inform in her company about the leave.

"Oh mahn!" She cursed as she saw the e-mail.

There is a Meeting at 12 am. Everyone please be there on time.

She walked to the living room, as to fill in her parents about the meeting and the mail.

"I have to Daddy. They never send e-mails to inform about a Meeting on such a short notice. This is important, I guess. I'm better now. Also I'm new there and I can't just take a leave for silly reasons. I'll go. Not that I'll have to break stones or something." Anabiya explained her father who was not at all in the favour of her going to work today.

After many explanations and pleadings and promises, Anabiya left for her work.

...............

Arhaan walked in the building and replied to all the greetings he received on the way to his cabin.

He stifled at yawn as he slumped on his chair.

A two hour sleep definitely doesn't help.

Arhaan busied himself in other work and he didn't even realise it's time for the meeting.

Rhea then reminded him and he nodded in realisation as he walked towards the conference hall.

Everyone was already seated and as he entered, he was greeted by the everyone, who held confused faces about such urgent meeting.

And then he heard something.

Sneeze.

And again.

He looked to his right and saw a tired looking Anabiya who again sneezed.

She quickly apologised as she looked down.

A kind of uneasiness and worry and concern filled inside Arhaan.

'Is she not fine?' He asked himself.

He shook his head to clear off his mind and then started.

"Good morning. You all must be wondering as to why I called for a Meeting at such urgent basis. Well, the thing is, we are not taking over Zehab Industries. It has some liabilities which it was hiding and also some controversial issues too, which they probably concealed." Arhaan paused and everyone had amused look on their faces.

"Also, I would like to thank Miss Anabiya Malik, who infact made do some extra research on the company as she felt that they were hiding something. Thankyou, Miss Malik." Arhaan said as he looked at Anabiya, who looked shocked and then she smiled like a child who just got a chocolate.

The seniors looked crestfallen.

And then Arhaan was confused regarding one thing.

'Should I apologise?' He wondered.

'But she was being annoying yesterday!' He defended his own actions.

'No she wasn't. You just acted like a jerk!'

'But no. She'll dance on my head if I'll apologise to her.'

And with this, Ego won.

"So, I hope you all are fine with the decision too." Arhaan smiled and everyone gave plaudit.

And soon, Arhaan ended the laconic meeting.

People appreciated Anabiya, but Arhaan noticed that the ever so hyper and excited girl just gave a small smile.

Her tired face didn't go unnoticed too.

..........

"I said I'm fine! I can go by myself. Thankyou very much." Anabiya slightly raised her voice, clearly irritated, for two reasons.... first because of the fever and second, because of Arhaan's constant pestering.

Well, what happened was that when Arhaan was leaving, he saw Anabiya again, waiting for the cab. After the meeting, he didn't see Anabiya for the rest of the day and when he saw her almost shivering and hugging herself, he knew something was wrong.

And as he greeted her and she greeted back, with a hoarse voice, and dull mood, his doubt was confirmed.

And here he was, trying to convince her to drop.

"Anabiya..... I can see how FINE you are. Don't argue, let me drop you." Arhaan again tried.

Anabiya now clicked her tongue and closed her eyes.

'Didn't apologise for yesterday's behaviour and now he's showing his 'concern'. Just because I saved him from a bad deal. Selfish and mean jerk!' Anabiya cursed in her mind.

"I'm strong enough to go by myself, Sir. It's fine." Anabiya denied, again.

"You're a strong, independent woman. I know that. But you're not well and I'm sorry I can't let you go alone, in this state." Arhaan said, stiffly as he came a bit closer to Anabiya and Anabiya stared at him.

After a minute of intense glaring, Anabiya gave in.

"Fine." He huffed.

A smirk crossed across Arhaan's face.

"You're not easy to handle." He whispered as he went to get his car.

Anabiya yawned as soon as Arhaan went.

No matter how pissed off she was on Arhaan she was thankful that he offered to drop her as the cab was going to take more 40 minutes due to heavy traffic. MUMBAI.

Arhaan's car stopped in front of her and she walked towards it. Arhaan came out too, and opened the door for her.

"I can do that...." Anabiya muttered as she settled in.

"Oh thanks for the information." Arhaan scoffed as he closed the car door.

The ride was silent.

Anabiya though felt awkward.

And then her phone rang.

I was busy thinking about boys *ti din* boys *ti din*

The speaker of the phone blarred and Anabiya almost dropped her phone.

"Shit" she cursed under her breath and Arhaan chuckled at the song.

"Hello Assalamualaikum." Anabiya answered the call.

"Yeah I'm fine, Daddy. I'll be there in fifteen minutes, Insha'Allah! Yeah, Allah Hafiz!" She spoke on her phone and Arhaan concentrated on the road though he wanted to laugh.

"So boys huh?" Arhaan teased as soon as Anabiya ended the call.

Anabiya shook her head as she hid her face in her hands, clearly flustered.

"The song is catchyyyyy!" She whined.

And then she sneezed.
And again.
And then again.

"You okay?" Arhaan asked.

Anabiya just nodded as she drank some water.

Arhaan stopped his car at the signal and took that time to study Anabiya's face.

She looked sick. Tired. Drained.

He saw her as she tried to lightly massage her forehead and closed her eyes, her face a bit twisted.

He noticed the constant shivering.

He noticed the dull and off behaviour.

A loud honk dragged him out of his thoughts and he realised he was staring.

He quickly started to drive again and within few minutes, they were near Anabiya's building.

"You can take a day off. You don't look well. And if your health ain't co-operating then you can take a two day leave too." Arhaan said formally.

"No. I'll be fine tomorrow. Just need some medicines. I'll be fine." Anabiya retorted and Arhaan shook his head.

''For once in life, don't argue?"

Anabiya narrowed her eyes at this and nodded.

"Thanks." She whispered as she unbuckled the seat belt.

And just when Arhaan was about to get down of the car to open the door for Anabiya, Anabiya stopped him.

"Arhaan Sir.... I can get down." She smiled and got down.

She turned towards her building gate and Arhaan watched her.

And when she reached safely inside the building, he started the car.

No matter how much she irritated him, the girl did had an effect on him..... Strong personalities do have effect, right?

...........................

LOOK WHO UPDATED! *FLIPS HAIR.... HIJAB MORE PRECISELY*

Okay so this is the longest chapter I have written so please vote and comment like pleaasseeeeeee.

Vote. Comment. Share. Suggest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 32.9K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
19K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
4.6K 80 8
"I don't care. I don't care if you wear a scarf over your head. Or if you prefer to wear long sleeves and pray five times a day", he inches closer. "...
103K 8K 64
This is book one which is completed but you can find the continuation of this book YOU ARE THE EVERYTHING I NEED. ----------+++++++++-----++++++++++...