All That We Are

By hi-its-lefty

Simon Snow and Basilton Grimm-Pitch; the self-proclaimed super villain that almost ate up all magic and the w... More

If You Must Wait
If You Must Laugh
If You Must Call
If You Must Wake
If You Must Breathe
If You Must Love
If You Must Lose
If You Must Arrive
If You Must Leave
If You Must Speak
If You Must Ask
If You Must Weep
If You Must Follow
A Note From the Author!
To Slake Your Snowbaz Thirst
If You Must Run
If You Must Worry
If You Must Spy
If You Must Scream
If You Must Hurry
If You Must Realise
If You Must Listen
If You Must Sleep
If You Must Falter
If You Must Answer
If You Must Fear
If You Must Break
If You Must Stand
If You Must Crash
If You Must Stun
If You Must Live
If You Must Push
If You Must Cover
If You Must Whisper
If You Must Promise
If You Must Stay
If You Must Coalesce
If You Must Hold
If You Must Reveal
If You Must Coruscate
Sequel News!
Sequel News! (Continued)

If You Must Drift

1.6K 102 14
By hi-its-lefty

Simon

I stop talking for a little while, resting my head on the side of Baz's gurney, my face close to his. Not caring about the Velcro that tugs at my hair and scratches at my cheek; I'm too tired to care.

My fingers gently trace his hairline, then his cheekbones, then his jaw, finally coming to rest on the back of his neck, where I rub small, comforting circles. Warming the too-cold skin.

Tears start roll down Baz's cheeks from under his swollen eyelids.

"Hey..." I murmur, stroking his hair away from his face, "shh... I've got you, Baz. I've got you..."

"I can't stay awake, Simon." His voice is a small, petrified whisper, tongue slipping from all the pain meds they're pumping into him.

"That's okay, sweet... just sleep. I'm right here. Just sleep."

"Everything hurts," he croaks out. The paramedic, sitting a few feet away, pushes a small button on Baz's IV when he hears this. But the tight pain on Baz's face doesn't ease. Can Magickally-inflicted pain be eased by Normal drugs?

On impulse, I let the little magic I have left come to the surface. Placing my hand in his, I open myself up, giving it all to him.

He sighs a little, the pain on his face easing.

"Hey, Simon?" He murmurs, and though he no longer sounds agonised, the fear in his voice stays there. There's not much I can do to help that.

"Yes, darling?" I ask softly in reply (I don't know why I never called him 'darling' before now— I'm immensely enjoying it).

"We're here!" The paramedic announces, cutting off Baz's next words.

And then the ambulance doors open, and we're surrounded by a flood of bustling people.

Have an Agatha :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86 1 8
"There wasn't a single day when i thought we both will make through this Alive" ,. Simon Snow has to save the world again...
3.9K 175 19
Penelope has to return some books to the local library. Simon tags along with her and he meets Basil, who is a "jerk" (Simon's words) librarian. Of c...
2.4K 115 5
Eight weeks into their Eighth year, Baz finally arrives at school, ready to stun Snow with his arrival and then hopefully spend the rest of his schoo...
60.3K 3.4K 34
Baz is the son of Mr. Pitch, the CEO of Pitch Industries. Instead of focusing on his business studies like he knows he should, Baz spends his time at...