Madness [ Claire Sequel ]

By Labyrinth__

It's been two years since Asura was defeated, and Kira and Justin are still missing. Death the Kid has never... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 9

46 1 1
By Labyrinth__

Kira's POV

I sat down at a table, the others with me, and sighed. This was all Tyler's idea. We were all supposed to catch up and get along so emotions didn't interfere with the investigation.

"First off," I began, fighting for the strength to fight my tears, "Ryuu, how did you survive? You were dead." I barely choked out, "You died in my arms."

Ryuu blinked. "I-I don't know. Your... Your dad, Stein... He did something... He never told me what he did. I can't answer that." He stuttered. "Why did you leave?" He countered, and I flinched.

"The Madness." I said, unwilling to continue. "What about it?" Soul growled. "Stein fought Madness for two years, hoping you would come back! Don't bullshit me!" He shouted. My skin crawled with anger, and it took Arika's words of comfort to calm me.

I took a breath. "I didn't understand, at first, what was going on. Not until I saw the three eyes." I explained. "As soon as I saw them, crawling around the edge of my vision, I knew I'd screwed up. I knew I'd put you all in danger. Justin was already infected, and, with a fear-filled heart, I fell behind whoever would lead.

"That just so happened to be Justin. And he didn't -- couldn't stay at the Academy in such a condition. I was injured, and Asura's soul healed me. I left because I was aware of a dangerous power dwelling inside me, and I knew I'd probably kill everyone I loved."

Black Star huffed. "Thanks for being so generous," He said sarcastically. Tears stung the back of my eyes.

I stood abruptly. "You know what? I'm sure I don't need a bunch of arrogant, bull-headed, whiny male brats to slow me down in the investigation. I don't need a backup team, so all of this is a waste of time!" I shouted. "I'll explain everything to Tyler so none of you have to have anything to do with me." I said, biting back tears.

Before anyone could change my mind, I turned my back on them and walked down the corridor.

I had a few minutes of silence, a few minutes of cold tears on my face, before I heard someone calling my name. "Kira! Wait! Please, Kira!" I stopped and turned around, just in time to see Ryuu trip. I gasped and teleported in front of him, and caught him just before he hit the ground.

Ryuu looked up at me as I blinked away my tears. "I'm so sorry, Kira! I didn't mean to start anything! It's just I wanted to know why you left us!" He said, trying to explain his innocence. I smiled softly and hugged him. He sighed and hugged me back.

I heard the footsteps of the others and jumped up, carrying Ryuu with me, and stood. The entire group stopped to watch us. I looked at Death, Soul, and Black Star, then down at Ryuu. How was I supposed to choose one of them? Right now, I couldn't stand any of them.

Ryuu took a step away from me, as if he didn't want to be seen around me with his friends behind him. Arika gasped, seeing everything through my eyes. "Kira, I know what you're thinking--!"

I threw my hands, palms down, to my sides and shouted, "Crystal Stasis," and watched as my vision blurred. I was in a crystal stasis now, and I wouldn't be returning until I felt emotionally, mentally, and physically able. I did send Arika out, however, right before the stasis was completed.

****

Arika's POV

I grunted in surprise when I landed on my feet in front of Kira's crystallized form. "What the hell, Kira! I don't want to be with these pricks either!" I shouted, knowing very well that she could hear me through our mind link.

"I couldn't just go into stasis without sending someone to investigate." Kira replied calmly. "I knew only one person who would be able to see, think, and act exactly as I do. You, Arika. Please, just give me time, and I'll return."

I had so many terrible insults I could scream at her, but she put herself in the stasis due to her emotional pain. My screaming at her would only upset her more.

Behind me, the group was murmuring in concern, questions passing over individuals. "Shut up already!" I shouted. "You dickheads are the reason she put herself in stasis!" I explained. Death, Soul, and Ryuu flinched visibly. "Now pay attention! We've got an investigation that needs investigating! So suck it up, because I'm Kira's replacement."

Soul scowled. "What about Kira? Is she alright?" He asked, concern filling his voice. I glared and grabbed the collar of his shirt. "You have no right to worry about Kira. Nor do you, Reaper, or you, her previous Meister. You stay the hell away from her; all three of you. Or we're gonna have a problem."

I released Soul, and looked over Ryuu's and Death's expressions. They all looked pissed. Soul took a step closer to me, almost pressing his chest against mine. "Don't tell me I have no right to care about Kira." He spoke darkly, angrily. "I love her! So I don't give a damn what you think I have rights to and not to do!" He shouted.

Suddenly, I smirked, feeling a bit of revelation. I put a hand on my hip and took a step back. "Now I know why she liked you so much, Soul." I rustled his hair, chuckling. "But you're all so annoying. Look; Kira left you, betrayed you, for two years. Yeah. Suck it up. Her two years not knowing what was happening to herself or to you guys and being away from her Meister, and those she loved for that long killed her. She was in and out of stasis all throughout the two years away from the Academy. Giriko and Justin eventually started telling Kira to go back into stasis for her own good; she cried herself to sleep every night for those two years.

"You guys are thinking that, all while she was gone, she was having the time of her life. But you're wrong! She felt like she was in her own, private, portable hell! She was forced to come back, and, even though she's willing to stay now, she's still scared that she'll hurt all of you! So give her some damn time and let her heal!

"As of now, Kira Stein is put in isolation from Soul, Death the Kid, Ryuu, and Black Star! Let this remain true until my saying otherwise!" I held out my hand, my palm facing the crystallized Kira, and a white circle surrounded her five feet out. I turned to the boys, who were looking at me skeptically, cautiously, as if they weren't sure what I'd done was real or fake. "Go ahead, try to pass the circle. Maka, Tsubaki, Liz, Patty, Crona, and Ragnorok can't see it. No one but the creator, the victim, and the blocked can see the circle. Just try to step into it."

Black Star, the cocky, arrogant one, took the steps necessary to cover the distance between he and Kira, then tried to step over the circle.

An invisible wall gently pushed Black Star away from Kira. Soul and Death both tried stepping though, with the same results. "How can you do this?" Maka asked quietly. I turned to her with a gentle smile. "Well, when a Madness such as Kira's and mine is contained and tamed, controllable, it simply becomes magic. Technically, Kira and I have been Witches since she are Asura's soul and remained same. But we do not have the same goal as the Witches. Besides; neither of us represents any kind of animal, so we are not Witches, while we are also Witches."

Ragnorok huffed. "You like giving pond explanations, don't you, chick?" He asked bluntly. I nodded truthfully. "Yes. Kira and I both enjoy explaining things to those less educated." I heard a few grunts of offense, but I'd already turned my back on them, and to Kira.

"Now that there is a block from those who hurt you, Kira, you may now be rid of stasis and return to your solid form." I watched as, within a few moments, the indestructible crystal surrounding Kira fell into pieces. The crystal pieces dissipated as soon as they hit the ground.

Kira shook out her hair. "I think I'll be alright for now. But I woke too soon; I'm not completely healed." She whispered to me. Death looked at Kira solemnly. "Kira, I'm sorry for being such a jerk to you. Please forgive me."

She didn't turn her head, and I covered my mouth in mock surprise. "Oh! Did I forget to mention that, not only can you not go within five feet of her, but she also cannot hear or see you?" I said. Soul, Black Star, Ryuu, and Death glared at me with pure hatred. "Unblock us! I need to apologize!"

I sighed. "Kira, Death apologizes to you." I told Kira. Death sighed in exasperation. "It's not the same, Arika!"

Kira blinked at me. "I assume the boys are here?" She asked me. I nodded. She turned, her eyes not focusing on the boys because she couldn't see them. "I'll have Arika remove the block before I investigate, but, right now, I want nothing more than to be left alone from you. If that's too much to ask, then I'm sorry." I listened to her, not uttering a word. "None of you will be going on the investigation expedition with me; I'll be going with Arika and Tyler." Death's, Soul's, Black Star's, and Ryuu's diss clenched.

"I'll see you in a couple of days."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 152 37
Look out, DWMA, here she comes! Claire Monroe is a very independent weapon. She's got a temper she's been trained to control, and she's got a secret...
Lost Voice By ris

Fanfiction

6.4K 142 8
Maka was homeschooled by her mother when she travelled with her because her father and mother divorced. It's Maka's first day at Shibusen Academy whe...
98.2K 2.8K 42
Yn was a NOT student at the DWMA. Her soul contained a unique and rare kind of weapon. A weapon that could turn into any form of axe based of the mie...
4K 368 41
Mifune Nagani had been waiting two years. He'd only waited for the chance to love Saki Amaya again, even if the chance be slight. He didn't run off...