The Dead Groom's Bride

By Jan-Jan2000

Highest rank #1 in Adventure # 1 in FantasyAdventure Ling-ling was struggling financially when a proposition... More

Unexpected Visitors
A marriage proposal from a dead man.
The Ghost Bride
Must be a different Bolin I know
Sweet Dreams
The richest people in town
Dead husband to be haunts me in my dream
It's not nice to haunt my dreams.
Help, I've been drugged!
Trapped in my dream wedding
This nightmare is too much, I think I'm going to have a heart attack.
The strange nameless man
It's all fun and games until I wind up stuck in my dream
Accidental trip to the Spirit World
I'm so hungry, I could eat a cow
Here comes the scary looking monsters
I hate frogs
How the heck did I wind up in this mess?
When things get real that's when I have to leave
Shut up and get me out of here.
Helpless like a lost kitten
There's a fine line between sexy and arrogance
The most handsome face
Go send me home already
I could really use a break from all these chase
Transmigration, Here I come!
STOP!!!
I have some exciting story to tell my grandchildren someday
I must be a sucker for pain since I'm willing to do this all over again
Desperate times call for desperate measure
Wait, I think I remember this movie
The Sacrificial Bride
Stop feeding me, I don't want to eat
Trapped in the Spirit World
The Circle of life
Falling in love is easy, especially when he's kind and beautiful
Junjie ❤️
A Private Date
Time skip because writer is bad at writing slow burn romance
The kind of first kiss worth dying for
This must be what true love feels
Live, Die, Repeat
Fated to be together
Look for me when I'm gone
She could've been born as a male for all we know.
Damsel in distress
Turn back the time
Home not so sweet home
She's important
Stupid woman can't remember her own husband
Shut up and kiss me
Let's take you home
Entitled dragon prince
Male lead vs second male lead.
The prince was a tweenager.
I'm not a wishing dragon
Call me daddy
Baby making time
Time skip, 10 years later.

Not only he's arrogant, he's also rude!

13.3K 680 23
By Jan-Jan2000

"Who are you and what're you doing at the Lao's mansion?" Ling Ling asked again, this would be the third time she asked for his name if she recalled it right.

The man's lips thinned. "Do you not remember who I am?"

"No, I don't know who you are and if I knew, I wouldn't be asking. Now, tell me what're you doing at the Lao's mansion?" She pried some more.

The man's lips twisted with disbelief, not only he saved her life as he whisked her away from the streets, he also fed her. He leaned closer crowding Ling Ling with his usual familiarly.

Ling Ling stepped back to claim her personal space. She thought, perhaps, the man doesn't know how personal space works.

"I know you could be demanding and clingy, but this is just another level of rottenness."

"Excuse me?" Ling Ling returned appalled, the man has some nerves talking to her as though she's his lover or something. A grimace found Ling Ling again, if she was to grimace at him anymore, her frown would wind up stuck on her face. "You must have mistaken me for someone else. I've never seen you before until the Lao's mansion." She blew her breath as she turned a deep shade of scarlet rising in fume.

The angrier she got, the wider his smile showed. "You're terribly cute when you're angry." He murmured teasingly not at all affected by her fury.

"Ahh, that's it!" Ling Ling threw her arms up, she stomped heavy step toward the man as she glared at him. "Who are you? You better tell me who you are because this is the fifth time I asked, and I bet you're the reason I'm stuck in this world. What did you do to me?" Her voice rose higher and higher as she continued to speak. "You need to bring me back to the human world before my body perish!"

Ling Ling panted for her breath as soon as she got done talking.

The nameless man stood calmly in front of her as he let her catch her breath. He spoke only once she had calmed down and once the redness on her cheeks faded. "I'm known by many names, but I go by Junjie these days."

"No, I want your real name!"

"I have secrets I must protect and my name is one of them." Murmured Junjie.

"Well, Junjie." Ling Ling muttered. "Did you do this to me?"

Junjie shook his head softly. "No, I would never do anything to harm you Ling Ling. I didn't do it."

"What're you doing at the Lao's mansion then?"

Junjie shifted uncomfortably and pulled his wide straw hat further down to his face. "Look, I must go. I will come back for you, but you need to stay away from trouble, stay away from the place where you came from." He reached out to grab her wrist again and slid a bracelet made of beads.

"This bracelet should hide your smell for now." He breathed. "Look, you need to trust me. I'm the only one trying to help you right now."

Ling Ling grunted. "That's because you expect a payment. I'm telling you right now, I won't taste good to eat. I'm skin and bones and I hardly get proper nutrition as it is."

Junjie laughed softly. "The last thing I want to do is eat you, I might be a monster but I'm not that kind of monster." He flicked his finger on his hat and flashed his eyes on her suddenly, it was for a split second, a tease, but Ling Ling gasped for her breath at his electric blue eyes, bluer than the summer sky and the clearest ocean. "Besides, I already knew how you taste."

His laughter echoed in the open field before he disappeared like blur.

Ling Ling snorted, she would've chased after him and taught him manners on how to speak to a woman but he was too quick on his feet. "What the hell are you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 127 55
*Completed* Annabelle Easton, a nineteen year old with her future planned out by wealth, ran head first into the biggest mistake of her life. Annie'...
13.8K 2.8K 30
"Why did you kidnap me?" she asked straight away. "You will be safer here than anywhere else," was his curt reply. "Why?" her voice hinted fear. "D...
1.1K 241 25
🐲Book 1 of Royal series Stumbling upon a dragon beneath her Castle at a young age, Princess Mae had wanted to follow the natural instinct to scream...
255K 9.4K 28
🔞🔞 Tw:: abuse / violence / sexual themes / gore It's tradition for a Fae to marry a demon if peace between the realms is to continue. The fairy...