A Thief's Journey (Uncharted...

By CaptainChaoss

[UNDER HEAVY EDITING] Treasure hunting, exploration, and thievery run in your blood. From the moment your mo... More

Introduction [Edited]
Part 1: Reuniting With an Old Friend
Part 3: Jet-Ski Drive-By's
Part 4: A Step Closer to the Treasure
Part 5: Descendants?!?!
Part 6: Breaking and Entering
Part 7: Nepal
Part 8: The Location of the Cintamani Stone
Part 9: Locomotives, Choppers, and Tanks
Part 10: The Beast and an Attack
Part 11: Down With Lazarević
Part 12: Going for the Decoder
Part 13: London to Eastern France
Part 14: Killer Spiders
Part 15: Yemen
Part 16: Rameses the Pirate
Part 17: Hallucinogenic Water
Part 18: Sam and Rafe
Part 19: An Auction and an Old Friend
Part 20: The Saint Dismas Graveyard
Part 21: Madagascar
Part 22: On Our Way to Pirate Paradise
Part 23: Libertalia
Part 24: Treasure
*Nate's Ending*
*Harry's Ending*
*Sam's Ending*
*Rafe's Ending*

Part 2: The Search for Elena

1.2K 18 3
By CaptainChaoss

[Name]'s POV

"Two more just showed up." Nate points at two guys walking along the path closest to the front half of the plane.

"I wish I had a grenade, dammit," I mutter while pulling out my AK-47.

We jump down to the scene of the crash and take cover behind a stone barrier. I peek out of cover with my gun before shooting the semi-automatic weapon and taking down three of the guys. Nate takes out the last two with his AK when more guys start to run down the back path. They shoot at us and we rush them and take them down with our rifles.

"That's all of them," Nate says, and we walk over to the front half of the plane.

"I'll climb up," I tell him while grabbing the rope that hangs out of the plane and climbing up.

The plane starts to move when I step inside and I catch my balance before slowly making my way to the cockpit. I find the map for Nathan's journal under some broke glass and I smile while grabbing it. I start making my way back to the opening when the plane starts becoming loose. I fall against the wall and slowly stand up, my eyes catching sight of a parachute in a tower not to far from our location.

"That's Elena's," I gasp while scrambling down the rope and over to Nate. "I got the map and I spotted Elena's parachute over that way." I point in the direction I saw the tower it was in.

"We need to go after her then," Nate says, and a bullet goes past us. "Shit," Nate sighs when we start getting shot at again.

We pull out our pistols and exchange fire with the four mercenaries that showed up, and the two others that started climbing down the vine.

"We need to find Elena, dead or alive. Though for my friends sake, I hope it's alive," I tell Nate when more mercenaries come from the path we need to take.

"I know," Nate says while peeking out and killing two of the guys.

I shoot and kill the last one before reloading my guns and running out from behind cover. Nate and I collect unused ammo off the bodies of the mercenaries before making our way through the back path, under an archway. I hear a mercenary around us, and Nate goes to shoot him when the guy triggers a trap and is killed by spikes.

"We need to watch where we're going," Nate remarks, and I nod and point at the tower where Elena's parachute is.

"There it is, Nate," I say and he looks up.

"Let's get up there."

We walk along a narrow path against a stone wall and jump over a broken section of it, onto the next path. Nate and I press our backs against the wall and walk over to a small section to climb up. I scale the wall and hold my arm out for him, pulling him up.

"Seems I'm not the only one who got stronger," Nate chuckles while we quickly jump across a loose stone platform and onto the wall.

We hold onto the ledge and scoot our way across, jumping to grab a root of a tree that's growing though the side of the ground. Nate and I drop down off the branch into the grass below us and I spot another mercenary a few meters ahead of us.

I quietly walk up behind him and snap his neck before quietly laying him down on the ground. I stealth my way over to another guy leaning on a wall, and I cover his mouth before pulling him down to the ground. I put him in a choke hold and he tries to claw my arm off him, but fails.

Once he stops breathing, I let him go and pull out my bow and two arrows. I line up the first shot and kill one mercenary, drawing the attention of another. I go to kill the second when a gunshot beats me and I look to see Nate with his pistol.

"You stole my kill," I state and he chuckles with a smirk.

We make our way back to where the mercenaries came from, when three more start running at us, shooting their guns. I zigzag out of their line of fire and kick the gun out of one of their hands while punching the other in the face. Nate headshots the third mercenary and the guy whose hand I kicked the gun out of goes to punch me. I block it and twist his arm, throwing him over my shoulder into a stone wall. The second mercenary goes to snap-kick me, but I push his foot out of the way before retaliating with a roundhouse kick to his head.

He falls to the ground and I shoot him in the head, before looking at the mercenary who I threw into a wall. He groans and Nate holds out his pistol and puts a bullet through the guy's skull. I go to sit down and catch my breath when five more mercenaries jump down from a ledge and start to charge us.

"Aw hell," Nate mutters and we pull out our rifles and shoot at the men. They're bodies convulse as the bullets penetrate them multiple times and we watch as they fall to the ground, unmoving.

"This treasure better be the best find ever for how much trouble we're going through to get it," I say while picking up some ammo and avoiding the traps.

"It will be," Nate reassures me with a smile and we walk through the grass, over to the tall stone wall of a fortress-like structure. Nate frowns at the height of the walls and shakes his head. "You have got to be kidding."

"That's a long way down," I mutter while looking below us then out at the sun. "At least it's not getting dark yet."

I grab some small ridges on the stone wall and pull myself up, jumping over to a crack in the structure. I make my way up the fortress wall, avoiding looking down at the possible fall that could happen. I reach some stairs and Nate joins up with me a few seconds later. We take the few steps up to where a vine is and I grab it and place my feet on the wall before running forwards, then backwards, then forwards again.

Once I'm close enough, I jump off and dig my fingers into the crack in the stone wall, before sliding to the side. I jump up and grab the crack above it, and then the one above that one. I jump again and grab some stones which start to become loose, making me quickly jump up and grip onto the crack above it. Nate quickly follows behind me, the stone ledges breaking after he's off it.

"Hey, Nate, don't look down," I laugh while jumping off the wall and grabbing another vine.

My momentum makes the vine swing far enough and I jump and dig my fingers into another crack in the wall. I jump to the last one before reaching up and pulling myself through an unbarred window. Nate pulls himself up after me and we lay on the floor for a few seconds, catching our breath.

"That was too close," Nate pants and turns his head to look at me.

"Agreed."

Nate helps me off the ground and we run through a few dark corridors of the fortress when we find another unbarred window. "You've got to be kidding me," Nate says while looking at the distance between us and the ground below.

"We were just out here," I groan while swinging myself over the ledge of the window, and dropping down to dig my fingers into another crack in the stone wall.

I drop down to the next crack and slide my way across to a vine. I wall-run using the vine, and jump to the second vine, using my momentum from there to jump and grab a rocky ledge. I drop down to another crack and reach over to the next one, winding my way around the wall.

"You hanging in there, Nate?!" I call out while dropping down to another crack in the wall.

"Yeah... I'm literally hanging here," he laughs and I chuckle at the joke.

I drop down two more times and grab the vine on the wall, wall-running over to the next crack in the structure. I jump and dig my fingers into the indent before scaling the rest of the way up the wall to a vine. I grab the vine, looking down to see the rusty bars covering a window.

"Bust through the window, [Name]," Nate tells me and I slide down the vine until I'm just above the bars on the window.

I push off the stone and sliding down a bit on the vine. I swing forward and my shoes hit the rusty bars, breaking them and allowing me to enter the room. I let go of the vine, landing on the ground with a roll, before standing up and watching Nate swing into the room.

"Glad that worked," I say while helping him off the ground.

"Did you doubt me?" Nate asks with mock offense.

"Possibly..." Nate deadpans at my response, and I laugh while looking around the room, spotting a few grenades. "Grenades!" I cheer while picking a few up and placing them on my belt, giving the rest to my treasure hunting friend.

We walk through the corridor to our right and peek into the next room where a lot of mercenaries walk around.

"These assholes again," Nate sighs, while I pull the pin on one of the grenades and roll it into the room.

It explodes and I watch as several bodies are sent flying. Gunfire starts going off and Nate tosses a grenade through an opening in the wall to the area across from us. The explosive goes off, killing the two shooters and I peek around the corner to see some guys on the lookout part of the fortress.

"We need better cover," I tell Nate while rolling to a stone half-wall in the middle of the battlefield. I peek up and shoot two of the mercenaries in the head with my pistols while Nate takes care of the others.

"Up this ramp." Nate grabs my hand and pulls us off onto the fortress landing. We go around the blocked off area below, dropping down when three mercenaries run through the tunnel. Nate and I shoot at them with our pistols and one they're dead, we go up the stairs and through the tunnel, shooting the mercenaries ahead of us.

"Nate cover me, I need to reload," I tell him while kneeling down so my head isn't exposed. I quickly change the magazine on my pistols as Nate kills a few of the men. I push the magazine back into my guns and stand up, pressing my back against the wall and peeking out to see a guy controlling a machine gun. I put a bullet through his head when he turns and exposes himself to me while Nate takes down the guy on the upper ground.

"This way," Nate says and we run into a dark corridor when a mercenary runs in ahead of us. I shoot him in the head before he even gets a chance to shoot at us and we run back outside and up some stairs to the main upper floor.

"There's the tower and Elena's parachute," I point at it and we take the stairs up. Nate and I walk around the tower to see all that's there is the parachute and her bag.

"No sight of her... that's either very good, or very bad," Nate says as we climb up to the open window at the top. I find a wire that can be used to zip-line down and I use my gun to go across it. I drop down into the hole in the building below me and Nate lands beside me.

"Nate, it's Elena. Look," I point across from us and he frowns.

"What the hell is she doing?" he asks while she films something before running off. The microphone piece in front of us makes a sound before someone's voice is heard.

"Ha-low?" the voice asks and Nate presses a button.

"Buka pintu," my friend says and I face-palm.

"Siapa ini? Bicara sekarang!" the person responds.

"Sialan lo! Cepatan, buka pintu!" Nate shouts and the gate below opens.

"There's no way that actually worked," I say while Nate laughs, proud of himself.

"There they are!" a whole bunch of mercenaries shout while running towards us.

"Knew it." I click my tongue while grabbing my pistols. I shoot the lock on the door and we run outside and take cover behind two pillars.

I grab another grenade off my belt and pull the pin, tossing it down into the cluster of mercenaries below. The bomb explodes and only two mercenaries remain alive below us. Nate kills the one controlling the machine gun then headshots the last guy.

"Through the gate," Nate says and we run through it and into the building.

We make a left and go to jump down into the shallow water below when a machine gun starts shooting at us. Once it stops we jump down and press our backs against the tunnel as the gun starts getting fired at us again. The gun stops and I peek out and fire two bullets at the explosive barrel beside the stationary gun. The barrels explode, killing the guy controlling it, his body falling into the water below. 

Nate and I run out of the tunnel and he shoots the guy on the landing above us. I jump and grab the ledge of the stone wall, hoisting myself up, Nate following after me. I grab the grenades and ammo in the room, placing the explosives on my belt and reloading my guns.

We finish raiding the room and jump back into the water, running over to the ledge the machine gun used to be on. We climb up the jagged wall onto a landing and I look into the next room filled with water.

"This place could use a good plumber," Nate says and goes to jump down, but I stop him, making him look at me confused. "What is it?"

I point at one of the stone walls, staying low to the ground. "There's mercenaries here. You go down there and they'll all rush you."

"So what do you suggest we do?"

"They're all pretty spaced out so a quiet kill would be best. Since the room is filled with water, they'll hear if we drop down, so our best bet is with the bow," I explain while taking it off my back along with the arrows. "Do you know how to throw knives?" I ask my friend while lining up an arrow with the head of a mercenary.

"Somewhat, yeah," Nate says and I huff.

"Well that'll have to do," I mutter and nod my head to the two belts on me that form an X around my hips. "On the side of my right hip is a few throwing knives. See if you can do anything with them, and don't worry about losing them, I have more."

I let go of the arrow and it cuts through the air and hits the head of one of the mercenaries. I quickly take a second arrow and shoot another mercenary while Nate throws one of the knives at one of the men not too far from us. The knife spins through the air and lands in the guy's throat.

"Not bad," I tell my friend while shooting the guy on the wooden platform that sits on one of the pillars.

I lay down on my stomach and angle the bow so I can hit the guy on the landing by the gate across the room. Once I'm in a good position I let go of the string and the arrow flies through the air and lands in the mercenary's throat.

"There's someone here!" one of the other mercenaries shouts and gunfire starts going off.

"Seems stealth time is over," Nate points out and we jump down into the water and shoot the mercenaries that were hiding behind the pillars, and the ones that are coming down from one of the holes in the wall. Nate takes the last one out and I look around at the now bloody water.

"Hah! Here's the knife," Nathan laughs while handing me the throwing knife back. "It was all skill."

"Oh really? Then do you want to keep using them?" I ask and his face falls.

"On second thought, maybe it was just luck."

I giggle at his statement and he blushes, rubbing the nape of his neck with a sheepish smile. I pat his arm before climbing onto a knocked over stone pillar and jumping up, grabbing the wooden plank above. I pull myself up onto it and walk over to the side closest to the gate.

I jump and grab the small ledge of the wood around the other pillar, climbing my way around it. I let go of the wood with one hand and push off the pillar, grabbing the stone landing and pulling myself up.

I watch as Nate jumps across and lands beside me and he turns the crank by the gate, opening it. "Seems we've got to swim," I say when we walk through and look down into the murky water below.

"Better than having to deal with the mercenaries," Nate reminds me and I laugh.

"True that."

I jump into the cold water below and swim across to the wall. I grab onto a stone ledge on the wall and make my way up to the top, pulling myself out of the water. I wind around the wall to the left and pull myself onto a landing with a crank that controls how much water is poured into the room.

I turn it more and jump back into the quickly rising water below. The water stops rising and Nate climbs the other side of the wall and turns the crank that controls the water on that side. The water starts to rise again and I swim over to a broken stair case and pull myself up onto it. Nate dives back into the water and swims over to me, getting out and joining me.

"Now I'm cold and wet," I mutter while rubbing my [S/T] arms that have goosebumps.

"Come over here," Nate grabs my hand and pulls me over to a wall with a torch. I smile as the warmth from the fire hits my body and Nate chuckles, "Just don't touch the flame."

"Aww, that's no fun." I stand close to the flame for a bit longer when Nate taps my shoulder.

"You ready to find Elena?"

"Yeah, let's go." We jog up the stairs and into a rundown room, looking around for the blonde woman.

"Dammit Elena, where are you?" Nate whispers and we walk back outside. He looks around before pulling out a map. "Wait a minute..."

I look down at the piece of paper then up at the tower. "What's so important about that tower?" I ask, noticing the drawing on the map is the same as the real one.

"I don't kn-" Nate starts when we jump out of the way of a bullet.

"Damn," I mutter while getting into cover.

I pull out my pistol and Nate and I look at each other before peeking out. I shoot the mercenaries on the same ground as us, while Nate deals with the ones on the upper landing by the tower.

I run over to a dim room and grab two grenades off a box, before joining Nate outside. We jog up the stairs onto the upper landing when more mercenaries run out and start shooting at us.

"Goddammit!" Nate shouts and we take cover behind a pillar and shoot at the enemies. I land multiple body shots on one of the men and a headshot on the second, letting Nate take out the last few.

"There's the chains to open the gate down there," I point to the crank beside the tower.

Nate runs over to it and turns the crank until the gate is fully opened. I wait for him and once he rejoins me, we jump down and run through the now open gate. We take a left and run through a corridor towards a door with a symbol above it.

Nate stops running once we reach the door and he pulls out the map I found and unfolds it. "Same symbol... but what's that got to do with the tower?" he hums before folding the map up and putting it away. He tries to open the door, but shakes his head. "It's locked up."

"We should find the key then," I state and we walk back outside and climb up a pillar, jumping onto a narrow stone landing on the wall. I walk along the narrow landing before jumping and grabbing the small ledge of another pillar. I climb around it and jump to another pillar, grabbing the edge and hoisting myself up.

"[Name], over there," Nate calls out while pointing at a rope, holding up a small plank of wood with rocks on it.

"I've got it," I tell him while jumping off the pillar and grabbing onto the wooden plank that's on the broken stone landing. I pull myself up and grab the rope, running and jumping off the landing. I swing through the air and kick one of the loose pillars, making it collapse into another one. That pillar falls and the rope I'm on snaps, making me fall to the ground.

I grunt when I hit the hard ground, looking up to see the wooden planks with rocks on it, falling. "Fuck," I swear and roll out of the way, so I don't get crushed.

Nate rushes over to me and helps me off the ground, eyeing me for any possible wounds, then looking into my eyes. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Nate," I reassure him with a smile, and he lets out the breath he was holding, running a hand through his brown hair.

"Good. Great! Let's continue moving."

I chuckle slightly and climb some of the rubble from one of the pillars that broke, onto the other broken pillar. Nate follows after me and I jump and pull myself up onto the wall with the closed gate in it. I walk onto a broken platform and jump to an even smaller one, before reaching up and grabbing the ledge on the wall.

I jump to the next ledge and scoot across it, before jumping to the one on the adjacent wall. I scale the rest of the way up the wall and I jump onto the top of the arches before jumping onto the tower. Nate follows closely behind me and when he lands on the top of the arches it starts to break. "Oh no no no no!" he exclaims and makes a long jump, grabbing onto the tower beside me.

"Close call," I say while climbing up the tower until I make it to the barred windows.

I work my way around until I find an opening below me to drop down onto. I let go and catch my balance on the stone before jumping through the tower to another opening. I drop and grab ahold onto a ledge before moving to my right and jumping up. I scale the rest of the way up the tower and pull myself inside, lending a hand to Nate who was right behind me.

"I'm getting tired," I laugh slightly while catching my breath.

"Right? This is rather tiring," Nate says and once we catch our breath we push a skelton connected to a rope off the tower.

"Here's the keys," Nate smirks while picking them up.

"Fantastic! Let's go." I smirk and slide down the rope through the tower.

I let go of the rope once I'm close enough to the bottom and I land beside the skeleton. Nate slides down and lands beside me and we smile at each other before leaving the tower. We drop down from the wall onto the grass below us and jog over to the dark corridor where we found the door with a symbol over it.

Nate pulls out the key and unlocks the door, laughing when it opens. "All right." he grins and we jog inside to a place with prison cells.

"Where the hell is she?" I ask while we walk past the cells, looking for Elena. We make it to the end of the hallway, entering a small room. I grab the grenades off the table and attach them on my belt while Nate grabs some ammo for his guns. "This is a bad sign," I say while checking the magazines on my guns to make sure they're ready for use.

"Oh most definitely," Nate agrees and we leave the room, immediately getting shot at.

"We called that one," I mutter while taking cover by a pillar.

Nate takes cover behind the pillar on my right and we peek out and start shooting at the guys running towards us. The guy on the higher ground with a machine gun starts shooting at us again and we press back up against the pillars to avoid the bullets.

Once the shooting stops, Nate shoots the explosive barrel beside the machine gun, causing it to explode and kill the guy controlling the gun. More mercenaries run out into the open so they can get to cover, but I shoot a few in the head with my pistols while Nate takes down the rest with his AK-47.

"Is that it?" I ask while peeking out. A bullet shoots past my head and I pull back and shake my head. "One more just ran out from behind the truck."

I peek out again and shoot at the mercenary running for cover. I miss my first two shots, but my next two land in his chest. The mercenary falls to the ground and once it's clear, Nate and I step out of cover and walk down two steps.

"If Elena is still alive, I'm definitely going to give her credit. She managed to sneak her way through everyone," I say and Nate nods in agreement.

We collect any unused ammo from the dead mercenaries before walking over to a gate that's controlled by a chain. Nate turns the crank, raising the gate and we run inside before it shuts behind us. We take two staircases up to a balcony like area when I hear someone near us.

"There's footsteps," I tell Nate while pressing my back up against the wall. He does the same beside me and I peek into the room and shoot two of the mercenaries with my pistols. Two more start running through the tunnel towards us and Nate leans over me, shooting them. My breath hitches, as he practically has me pinned against the wall and when he kills the last two men he moves away.

"There's more coming," I say while rolling and taking cover by a different wall.

I stay crouched on the ground and peek out, shooting at the men with Nate doing the same. One guy with a shotgun starts charging us and I stick my leg out and trip him before putting a bullet in his head. I go to leave my cover when someone charges me and pins me to a wall, choking me. My eyes widen and I claw at the mercenaries face and go to knee him in his crotch when he's yanked off me.

Nate glares at the man and shoots him while I gasp for air. "Holy shit! [Name]!" my brunet friend pulls me into his arms and looks at the skin on my neck.

"I'll be fine," I reassure him while grabbing his hand. I pull him down the hall and we turn to the right. "You take the machine gun," I tell him and he sits down and starts shooting the mercenaries below us.

I shoot the men that show up in the hall we're in and Nate stops using the machine gun once all the guys below are dead. "We're good?" I ask and he nods his head.

We take some steps down and move through the hall to a room with weapons and a rusted helmet. "Hmm..." Nate hums and picks up the helmet. "These aren't Spanish."

"They're English," I state while moving over to one of the walls with something carved out on it. I shine the light beside the wall on the image, my eyes widening. "Nate, look at this."

"Whoa..."

"Fletcher- we have gone to the great tower. I pray that you will meet us there. Francis Drake... wow..." Nate gasps while reading the note beside the carved out map. His eye linger on Francis Drake's name and he looks down. "So you made it... but what were you plotting?"

I go to rest my hand on his shoulder when a gate in the room opens up. I turn around and quickly grab my pistols, shooting the guy who was about to shoot us with a shotgun.

"We can't catch a break," Nate sighs while we take cover by two pillars in case more mercenaries show up. No one else enters the room, and we walk over to the gate the mercenary came from, heading up the stairs.

We jog outside and start running to the right when we find a tower. "Must be Drake's tower," I tell Nate who smiles at me.

I spot a mercenary out of the corner of my eye from under the arch ahead of us and I shoot him three times in the chest. Two more run out from under the arch and Nate takes down one while I shoot the last one in the heart.

"We should start counting how many people we've killed," I suggest while we jog under the arch and through the corridor.

"Not something most people keep count of." Nate deadpans while I climb up a pillar and jump onto a platform.

I grab the ledge on the fortress wall and climb across it to the next platform. I drop down from the stone landing onto some steps, taking them up into a rectangular room. Nate jogs up behind me and we look at each other before jumping onto the top of two different pillars.

"I'm really beginning to wander where she went," Nate tells me while we drop down onto a stone ledge a few meters from the top of the pillar.

"I am too," I say while jumping from ledge to ledge until I reach a stone block.

I shimmy my way around it and continue moving from ledge to ledge on the wall. I look up once I made it to a ledge below an opening in the wall and I hold myself on the wall with one arm before giving myself a boost. I jump through the air and grab onto the ledge of a window, pulling myself inside.

"Come on, Nate," I hold my hand out and he jumps and grabs my hand with one hand and the ledge of the window with the other. I help him pull himself inside and he trips on the stone edge of the window and falls on top of me. "At least buy me dinner first," I joke as he has me caged between his arms and the ground.

Nate laughs, trying to hide his blush, and stands up, pulling me off the ground. "Up here," he tells me and we run up some stairs and into a room with a balcony off it. We exchange shrugs and Nate picks up a telescope off a wooden table. "This must've been Drake's..." he trails off and walks over to the railing of the balcony, "just what was he looking for?"

I join his side by the railing and he holds the telescope up to his right eye and closes his left. "Well now, that looks familiar," Nate states and hands me the telescope. I look through it at a building with a tower on top of a larger dome.

I turn my attention to the ocean, spotting the old ships, making me hum, "The ships never left."

Movement from below me catches my attention and I look down and gasp. "Elena!" I whisper-yell when two mercenaries below me aim a gun at her. I quickly pull out my pistol and shoot one in the head, when the other one shoots the balcony Nate and I are on. "Shit," I curse as the balcony crumbles and I pass out from being hit by some stone.

~

"Ugh," I groan while waking up alone on the floor of a jail cell.

"Well look who decided to join the living," a familiar voice laughs and I look up to see an old pain.

"Eddy Raja. Long time no see," I roll my eyes while standing up.

"I didn't expect you and Drake to team up. When did you two meet?"

I sigh and ignore his question, gripping the bars of the jail cell. "Just let me out, Eddy."

"Now why would I do that?"

"Human decency."

Eddy shakes his head and laughs, "I wouldn't pull that card after you slaughtered all of my men."

"I didn't even know they were your men. I thought they were Roman and Navarro's."

"That's besides the point, [L/Name]. But... I might consider letting you go... if you tell me where the gold is," Eddy says while placing the barrel of the gun under my chin and tilting my head up.

I smirk and back up, taking a seat against the wall. "Oh... that deal. Either way I die, so if you don't mind I'm just going to sit here and, well- not tell you where the fucking gold is."

"Listen to me. I was promised treasure, so if you don't comply, I will go and kill that friend of yours."

"You touch Nate or Elena and I won't let you live to breathe another breath," I threaten, noticing that they never took the daggers off my thighs.

"I'd like to see you try," Eddy laughs while walking out of the room. I scowl and take a bobby pin that I keep hidden, reaching my arm through the bars to work the lock. "Come on," I whisper when it clicks and the door opens.

'Yes!' I laugh and walk out of the cell, grabbing my guns, bow and arrows, and my belt with my grenades and pouches off the table.

I open the door Eddy walked out of and sneak down the quiet corridor, stopping for a few seconds when I hear gunfire outside. I run out to see Nate jumping into the truck Elena is driving and my eyes widen as my friends looks around the place with worry.

"Where's [Name]?!" I hear Elena shout and I scale the wall and prepare to jump onto the moving truck.

"I... I don't know," Nate tells her and she looks over her shoulder at him.

"You what?!" she exclaims and once the truck is close enough, I leap off the wall and land beside Nate, who's controlling the truck's machine gun.

"Hey you two. Great to see you again, now let's get the hell out of here," I say while pulling out my AK-47 and helping Nate kill the mercenaries.

"Where were you?!" Nate asks me as Elena drives away from the fortress and into the forest.

"In some cell. I didn't know Eddy was after the treasure, too. I thought these were Roman's mercenaries," I respond when some of Eddy's men start chasing us in their own cars.

Nate and I shoot the engines, causing their cars to explode and I shoot the guy on an ATV who was speeding up behind us. Elena drives the car under a cliff hidden by a waterfall and she goes off road and starts driving through the mud.

"They're coming from the side," she tells us and I reload my assault rifle before shooting at the mercenary on a dirt bike beside us. He falls off his bike and goes skidding through the mud while Nate handles the two cars on the path beside us.

Elena drives back into the forest and I try to keep my aim steady as the path becomes bumpy. More and more mercenaries come after us, and Nate and I continue to shoot and explode their cars when Elena suddenly slams on the breaks to stop our car from going over the cliff. We're thrown around the bed of the car, but we recover quickly.

"Are you two all right back there?" she asks while turning the car around and driving the way we were coming from.

"Yeah. Just drive," I tell her and and Nate sends a small missile out of the gun, exploding one of Eddy's cars.

Elena takes a path to the right and I kill the two men following us on their dirt bikes before shooting the guy on the ATV. We enter a dark tunnel and I take out the rest of the men on their dirt bikes when Elena calls out for Nate.

"Shoot it out," she tells him and we look ahead to see a rock wall. Nate shoots a missile at it, clearing the path and Elena makes a sharp left turn to avoid driving off the cliff.

"There's more guys," I call out while shooting the tires on two bikes. The mercenaries lose control of their bikes and go off the cliff as a result of the shot-out tires.

A guy on an ATV starts to catch up to us and Nate laughs as the missile he shot makes a direct hit with the vehicle. Elena starts driving uphill and she taps my arm. I look behind me to see a few wooden roadblock signs, blocking the broken bridge. 'I'm about to make such a stupid decision' I mentally scold myself.

"Floor it," I tell her and she slams her foot on the gas pedal. The truck we're in speeds up and goes flying over the hole in the bridge, landing on the other side.

"We made it," Elena laughs while driving through another road sign into the forest.

"Yeah... we actually did," I chuckle while frowning at the handful of ammo I have left.

"Who was that guy anyway?" Elena asks while I take a seat beside Nate who rubs my mid-back comfortingly.

"Just an old business asso- OH LOOK OUT!" Nate shouts and Elena spins the wheel quickly, to stop the truck from driving off the cliff.

The back of the truck swings around and Nate and I both get tossed out of the bed of the truck. We both grab onto the side of the vehicle and Elena's turns the car off before moving into the bed of the truck.

"I have a good grip, get Nate first," I lie to her, feeling my hands start to slip. Elena nods her head and pulls Nate back into the truck. My left hand slips off and I grunt while supporting all my weight on my right arm.

"Give me your hand," Nate says and I reach up and take it. He pulls me into the truck and I collapse into his chest, receiving an upset look from my friends. "What the hell were you thinking? You could've died," Nate scolds me and I smile faintly.

"If my death meant you still could get the treasure, then it would be worth it," I tell him and he frowns.

"Your life is worth more to me than that treasure, so don't do it again."

"He's right, [Name]. Don't you dare sacrifice yourself," Elena tells me while letting Nate up front to drive the car.

Nate starts the car up again and tries to drive forwards but the car's back wheels spin without traction. Someone slow claps in front of us and we look up to see Eddy and a few of his men. "Going somewhere?" Eddy laughs and my eye twitches in annoyance.

"Hello, Eddy," I mumble and he pulls out his shotgun and rests it against his shoulder.

"Did you three really think you could escape from moi?" he asks and gestures to himself.

"No, no- just giving the young lady the ten dollar tour," Nate says, referring to Elena.

"I'm just here for the ride," I smirk and Eddy glares at us.

"Shut it! Both of you!" he snaps at us and I raise my hands in mock surrender and he scowls. "I bet you're working for them, too."

"Come again?" my eyebrows furrow and he starts to pace.

"You thought you could set me up and keep everything for yourselves, hm?" he asks and quickly lifts the shotgun off his shoulder.

"Get down!" Nate yells and we duck as Eddy shoots the windshield.

The glass breaks and Elena turns around to face me. "Damn it! This guy's crazy!"

"Tell me about it," I respond before looking at Nate. "Reverse out of here."

He nods and I slowly peek my head up. "Calm down, Eddy. We'll give you what you want," I tell him and he pumps the shotgun.

"Hand over the map," he demands and Nate places his hand on the stick of the car. "I didn't say you could move," he states and points his gun at Nate.

"I'm the one with the map, Eddy." Nate smirks making Eddy scowl.

"Guess you're going to have to come and get it," I state and Nate reverses the car off the cliff. We land in the water and start swimming towards the land when Eddy's men start shooting at us. "He has like an entire militia," I laugh dryly while stepping into the mud.

I take cover by a pillar and shoot two of the mercenaries that run towards us while Nate takes out a third. "How does he even have this many people?" Nate questions as we move forward and take cover behind a rectangular stone block.

Three more mercenaries come running from around the corner and I shoot an explosive barrel, killing all three of them at the same time. "Finally! I can get some ammo," I cry out while grabbing bullets for my pistols and AK.

"So do you think Roman and Eddy are working together?" Nate asks me and I frown.

"Let's hope not."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 2.1K 67
Some of my imagines are also on Tumblr. Link to my blog is in my description. Support me on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/angiearnes - - - - - Th...
79.5K 2.2K 16
Something had gone wrong. Very wrong... Sam was gone? Sam? Your Sam? He was gone, and he'd never know that you forgave him. He'd never know everythin...
9K 427 43
what price are you willing to pay, for revenge? Dive deeper into the story of Samuel Drake- after his brother was kidnapped by a mysterious...
22.3K 803 15
|| Completed || Being a younger half sister to treasure hunters are not the most simple life. Getting brought to Italy to enter an exclusive, heavil...