What Went Wrong

Bởi nayah_xoxo

Ava and Taj are getting a divorce after 9 years of marriage. Today they are meeting with each other to finali... Xem Thêm

Chapter I: The First Time
Chapter III: 1 + 1 = 3
Chapter IV: Who's To Blame
Chapter V: Crash

Chapter II: I Can't Imagine Life Without You

58 3 0
Bởi nayah_xoxo

Why? What does she mean by why? Always playing the fucking victim. Not surprised at all.

"Ava please." I chuckled. "Do not embarrass yourself." I sipped on my Caramel Brulée Frappuccino as I starred into her tearful eyes. It is much too late for tears sweetheart.

"Where do I sign?" I asked my lawyer ignoring Ava's sniffles and heart-piercing stare.

Ten Years Ago

"Ava, you know damn well you should not be lifting anything while you are pregnant." I rolled my eyes at the sight of my very pregnant wife arguing with one of the movers about the boxes on the U-Haul truck.

"I know, love but I am bored", she whined. Six months ago we were blessed with the news that Ava was with child. The announcement was shocking and not planned. All in all, I was eager to become a father. "You do not let me do anything!" she continued. "Every since I peed on that damn stick you won't allow me to lift a finger." Ava pouted and stomped into our new house as I followed. Before pregnancy, Ava was the nicest woman on this planet, soft-spoken and so sweet. She took a complete 360 during this pregnancy with Jayla. One time I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and she was sitting up in the bed just staring at me, angrily and possessively. She uttered how this was all my fault and what did she do so bad to deserve this. I sleep with a bible and one eye open every night since that day.

"I mean, what kind of husband would I be if I did not make sure my babies were good, huh?" I stood behind her and wrapped my arms around her torso, placing my hands on her belly. I kissed her cheek. "And I hired movers for a reason. Let's just enjoy this day. Look around this place. This is our house. Our home. We are going to raise our children here."

I was starting my residency in general medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital in two weeks. I was excited and blessed to be able to work at one of the best hospitals in Boston. Moving to Massachusetts from New Jersey was a hard decision but Ava and I wanted to make sure we were in an environment that offered the best opportunities for us. I want to make sure my family did not want for anything. That is why I busted my ass in med school and made sure I excelled at everything I did. Just before Ava got pregnant, she started taking online courses for her doctorate in Occupational Therapy at Boston University. She continued working through it all: nausea, backaches, migraines and the Braxton Hicks. I hope Jayla inherits her drive and determination. This pregnancy has been tough. Although Ava hates to admit it, it has taken a toll on her. I just want to make sure the love of my life stays healthy and stress-free until baby girl makes her grand entrance.

"You are absolutely right," Ava said as she glanced around, smiling cheerfully. "God has blessed us tremendously."

"Amen to that." I smiled as I pecked her plump lips. I am one lucky guy. "How about we go explore this new city of ours once the movers are done? Get dressed real nice and go to a nice restaurant with some bomb ass food." I offered.

"That sounds amazing. I am not quite sure about that whole Dora the Exploring because my feet are already barking but it is a definite yes to the bomb ass food part."

"Of course I am not going to have you walking everywhere. Just go get some rest before tonight." I said guiding her to the stairs.

"Taj, I am a big girl. I can go up the stairs by myself". She snapped jerking her hand away from mine as she proceeded up the stairs to the bedroom.

"Okay, Satan", I mumbled.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing sweetie."

"That's what I thought."

Pregnancy has made this woman crazy.

7 PM That Night

"Well don't you look davishing Mr. Richardson." Ava complimented looking at me, hungrily while biting her bottom lip.

"Girl you better stop giving me those eyes before I take this suit off and take you back upstairs," I said pulling her into a hug. My hands trailed down to her backside as I admired her outfit. She had on a demure black and white long-sleeved dress and I had to admit, for her being 32 weeks pregnant she was killing it.

"When we return I know something we can do." Ava giggled as she looked at me devilishly.

"I like the sound of that," I said as I grabbed a handful of her chocolate ass.

"Let's go before," she pecked my lips, "we get something started."

"You're right." I chuckled, grabbing the keys and following her out the door.

xxx

After a twenty minute drive, we pulled up to Mamma Maria, an Italian restaurant I read great reviews about. I handed the keys to valet parking and help Ava exit the 2010 BMW 5 Series.

"Ohh, Italian food. My favorite." She sung as the scent of the delicious food hit our noses.

"Mr. Richardson?' questioned the hostess as we approached her.

"Yes," I answered, noticing Ava's confused expression.

"You got us reservations that quickly?" she asked as we were escorted to our seats. I nodded in response. "But how di-". She stopped speaking abruptly when she noticed the set up I had planned.

"How? What? Who? Why?" she looked around.

"This is sorta like a pre-push gift. A way to show my appreciation for carrying my first child." I said as I pulled out her chair.

"You're going to make me cry." Ava sniveled as took her seat.

"You are so emotional." I teased taking my seat as well.

Ava sucked her teeth. "It is not my fault. Blame it on Jayla." she asserted rubbing her belly.

"No, my baby girl is innocent," I protested.

We ordered some food and continued chatting about the old days and how different life will be once baby girl arrives.

"You are the best. For once I am speechless. You outdid yourself with this one Mr. Richardson." she said glancing around in awe with those big brown eyes I love so much.

"I will travel oceans for you. You deserved this and so much more...Mrs. Richardson," I stated placing my hand on hers.

Her eyes bulged out of her head a bit as she looked at me questionably. Before she could ask me what I was doing, Dontchange began to play as Musiq Soulchild appeared from the back.

🎶 Lately, you've been questioning 🎶

🎶 If I still see you the same way 🎶

🎶 Cause through these trying years 🎶

🎶 We gonna both physically change 🎶

🎶 Now don't you know you you'll always be 🎶

🎶 The most beautiful woman I know 🎶

🎶 So let me reassure you darlin' that 🎶

🎶 My feelings are truly unconditional 🎶

🎶 See I'll love you when your hair turns gray, girl 🎶

🎶 I'll still want you if you gain a little weight, yeah 🎶

🎶 The way I feel for you will always be the same 🎶

🎶 Just as long as your love don't change, No 🎶

🎶 I was meant for you and you were meant for me, yeah 🎶

🎶 And I'll make sure that I'll be everything you need, yeah 🎶

🎶 Girl the way we are is how its gonna be 🎶

🎶 Just as long as your love don't change... 🎶

I exhaled deeply before licking my lips and speaking.

"From the very first day, I saw you I knew you were going to be my wife and the mother of my kids. Your humbleness and eagerness to help others attracted me to you. You have a soul that is pure and sweet. You are my light and it doesn't matter what happens in this life as long as you are with me. I know that there is a God when I look at you. The magnitude of his love is so great that he took the time to make you just for me." I took a breath to prevent the tears from falling. "You held my hand through the darkest of times and encouraged and loved me when I couldn't love myself. You motivate me. You care for me. You are one of a kind." I wiped the tears that escaped from my eyes as I continued. "I love you past my mind, beyond my soul. I love you for my soul and that's the space where only you and God dwell." (A/N: Yall know what movie I got this from?)

I rose from my seat and pulled out a small box that contained a chocolate diamond ring. I got down on one knee and grabbed Ava's hand.

"Oh my god, Taj." she sniffled.

"Ava Layla Dickens, would make me the happiest man in the world by becoming my wife?" I asked.

"Of course!" She kneeled down and kissed me passionately.

"She said yes!" yelled Musiq as confetti and balloons fell from the ceiling. The chef and staff came out and cheered, clapped and congratulated us. I could not stop smiling.

I was marrying the love of my life. I can not imagine life without my Ava.

-

*sips tea*🐸☕

Well, we all know how this fairytale ends. But how did they get there? Stay tuned.

-Nay

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

413K 12.5K 37
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
1.5M 131K 45
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...
4.6M 287K 106
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
565K 30.6K 49
𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐈𝐬𝐡𝐪 𝐤𝐢 𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧 advika: "uski nafrat mere pyaar se jeet gayi bhai meri mohabbat uski nafrat ke samne kamzor padh gay...