Necessary Evil

By IrisEvergreen

Ten years after the exile of Naruto Uzumaki, Konoha wants him back. Naruto is happy that he can enter the lan... More

Necessary Evil
A mission
Is that Naruto?
STILL A NAIVE IDIOT...OR NOT...
The Rebirth
Dinner with Naruto sama
Back to Konoha
Not Here To Stay
The Game Begins
Dig The Grave Deeper
The beginning Of The End
Matches Continue
Unstoppable
The Demon Inside
The Next Move
The Truth
Mercy
About Naruto
Shaking the foundations
Life After
Author's Note

Watching You Crumple

14.3K 429 172
By IrisEvergreen

Hello people, so here is chapter seven. i don't know if you'd find it any good seeing as it only has some of the matches.

I am not really good with fight scenes and writing about a dozen different fight scenes is troublesome. I wrote the first few anyway. And I apologize in advance because I am going back to my hostel again, the day after tomorrow, so I won't be able to write or update while I am there.

So don't expect the next chapter for about two or three months. I really am sorry, but there nothing I can do about it.

I plan on updating another chapter of 'To Live Again' tomorrow and that's going to be my last update for some time.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

_______________________________________________

Watching you Crumple

________________________________________________

"Begin!"

The audience watched with bated breath as a jonin (just some random jonin with no other importance than announcing the matches) announced the match of the first match.

Ino and Naruto stood looking at each other. Naruto looked bored while Ino had a look of concentration.

"I will defeat you Naruto." Ino said.

Naruto raised an eyebrow, not really phased by her proclamation. Instead he stood a little straighter and put his hands inside the pockets of his jeans and tilted his head to the side so that his bangs fell over his left eye slightly.

There was a chorus of squeals and flashes of camera; almost all of them focused on Naruto.

Ino scowled, was he doing that on purpose? Posing for pictures during the match, just to piss her off? But she had to admit, he looked rather hot; especially with that smoldering gaze focused on her, his v-neck tightly stretched over his lean muscles making him all the more delectable.

Naruto smirked as if he heard her thoughts.

"Are you planning on fighting or just standing there and ogling me, Ino?"

Ino blushed angry and embarrassed. Her hands flew into a sign and she yelled,

"Mind Body Switch jutsu"

Naruto jumped out of the way of the mind transfer, "Did you really think that would wor-"Naruto stopped mid way, his eyes going blank.

From the balcony overlooking the matches the rookies were surprised that it ended so easily.

The kages however were chuckling to themselves; did she really just go into the mind of a former jinchuuriki who now possessed the power of the jubi? Well bad luck for her.

A moment later Naruto smirked again.

"Well that was easy" Sakura scoffed, "Hey Ino; just make the idiot forfeit already." She shouted down at who she thought was Ino.

Naruto looked at her and raised an eyebrow. Then he chuckled and slowly moved towards Ino's downed body.

'So Ino managed to master the mind body switch? She was able to change the direction of the jutsu even when I moved; it was very much faster than expected as well. Any other opponent would've been easily defeated' Naruto thought as he stood next to the body.

"What is she doing?" Sakura asked confused.

Shikamaru's eyes widened, "It's not Ino!"

"What that's impossible!" Sakura said "Even Sasuke kun had trouble breaking out of her advanced mind body switch. And he just broke out of it just like that? Impossible."

___________________________________________________

Ino stood confused, this was Naruto's mind? It was plain, just unending white space. Usually this is the place where she gets the motor control of her target's body, but why is she still here?

"Why hello there! Are you here to keep me company?" A gleeful voice announced from her right.

She turned to look at who had said that, it was a woman. Blood red eyes and hair, her skin a dark bronze colour. She had the body that could make any straight man fall for her and she was completely naked.

"Who are you?" Ino asked cautiously.

"Oh, I am sorry, where are my manners!" The woman yelped a hand flying over her cherry red lips, "My name is Time and I am the first defense."

Ino was surprised, a mind defense? One so well crafted as well. Ino understood that it was not really a woman or an entity, but simply a mental representation of one of the many defenses inside Naruto's mind.

"First defense? How many defenses are there?" Ino asked skeptically, this was troublesome.

The woman; Time as it is called, smiled brightly, "Oh creator has nine defenses around his mind. I am the first and the weakest one." Time looked down, "But no one has ever gotten past me."

"Really? Why is that?" Ino needed to know as much as possible, every defense had a weakness. Creator is obviously, Naruto.

"Because everyone would die before they find a way past me" Time had a very pitying smile.

"What?" Ino asked dubiously.

"That's my specialty you see. By coming into my domain, you actually granted me control over your body." Time was still smiling sadly.

"WHAT?!" Ino yelled. Impossible.

______________________________________________________

Ino's eyes opened and her body stood up.

Everyone watched surprised. Her eyes were red.

Naruto smirked as she bowed before him, "What shall I do, Creator?"

"The usual, Time." Naruto said.

Everyone watched in muted horror as Ino's body began changing.

______________________________________________________

"What are you doing to my body now?" Ino asked.

"I will start by aging your body, a year per second. In a minute, you will be eighty-two years old. Isn't that sad? You poor thing" Time spoke.

Ino watched in horror as the woman stepped back and gave her a nasty smirk.

"Creator was kind on you... usually, I don't inform the intruders of what is happening to their body before it is too late. And I usually wait till their bodies start turning to dust before kicking them out. But Creator wanted me to inform you now." Time pouted, "So you still have a chance to live if you go back out now."

Ino stepped back in shock.

"It has already been thirty five seconds, you better get out now you pathetic girl or you'll have to live with your life as old as your father's grandmother." Time sneered.

In a flash of panic, Ino cancelled the jutsu. Time vanished as the defense went back to dormancy.

___________________________________________________

Red eyes turned back into pale blue. Everyone watched still shocked as Ino came back to her own body.

She looked at least fifty years old now. The twenty two year old girl who started the match was now in a body far older than her actual body.

Ino fell down on her knees in horror.

"Impossible..." She whispered in shock and horror. For a woman like her, this may be the greatest punishment yet.

"Ino," Naruto began, "Be thankful, I let you of easily. Compared to what I have planned for some others, this is nothing. So quit now and I might not cause you further damage."

That was a warning, and Ino knew that. Everyone who heard it knew that. But she was angry,

"You monster," She screamed and launched herself at Naruto. For a ninja, escaping a fight with her life and virtue should've been the most important thing, but she had let her anger take over just because her body aged a little? Didn't she understand that much worse could've happened if Naruto had wished for it?

Naruto narrowed his eyes; did she still think that she had a fucking chance against him? He felt insulted. His chakra roared outward like a tsunami wave. Everyone felt the power rolling off the man.

Ino froze when she felt the pressure of the unleashed chakra. Then Naruto's hand was suddenly placed on her stomach, five fingers pressing into her skin and all she knew was the pain.

"I really didn't intend to do this to you... But you should know when to quit." He whispered in a calm voice as if he was talking about the weather.

Ino fainted and the jonin proctoring the match jumped down to check her. After a moment he confirmed that she was just unconscious and not dead.

"Winner: Uzumaki Naruto," He announced.

The crowd roared.

"What did he do to her?" Sakura asked shaken, "How did she age so fast?"

"The dobe's strong" Sasuke said smirking. The others were not surprised that he didn't care much about what happened to Ino.

_____________________________________________________

"Next match, Uzumaki Naruto v/s Akimichi Choji" The proctor announced.

Choji was down in the arena and he gulped as he looked at Naruto. The power he felt was still causing a shiver to run down his spine.

Naruto watched impassively as Choji was on the verge of indecision.

"Begin!" The proctor announced.

"Choji..." Naruto spoke and Choji looked at Naruto unsurely, "I personally have no qualms against you, unlike the others. You're a nice guy and if you want, I am giving you a chance to quit this now. You can go back out, with yourself and your wealth intact."

Stunned silence followed that statement.

Kyoshiro shook his head, no matter how much Naruto tried to act heartless, he could never completely become one. He may become a cold-hearted jerk at times, but never heartless.

"I can't," Choji said after a moment of silence, "I am the heir to the Akimichi clan, so if I lose, everything owned by my clan will also be lost. I know and understand that but I cannot back down without a fight Naruto, it would be the greatest insult to my clan and comrades. But thank you for the offering."

Naruto nodded with a slight smile.

Just then the earth beneath his feat crumpled and Naruto began sinking into the suddenly muddy earth. Behind him stood another Choji with his palms pressed to the ground. Naruto only smirked,

"A shadow clone huh? Smart." And then 'Naruto' melted into mud.

Choji wildly looked around for the enemy a kunai in his hand. His shadow clone dispelled suddenly.

Before he knew what was happening a water dragon was racing at him from the cover of the shadow clone's smoke.

"Body Expansion Jutsu" His fist enlarged to monstrous size and smashed through the incoming water dragon with ease.

"Impressive..." Naruto's voice sounded from behind him.

Choji turned around to deliver a punch without wasting a moment, but as soon as he did, a kick to his back sending him sprawling towards the stadium walls.

"Sorry Choji but I have to cut this short..." Naruto said as he stood a few feet away from Choji, blank faced.

Choji tried to move but his body was already caught.

"Restraint" Naruto murmured and that's when Choji noticed the tendrils of chakra engulfing each limp and restraining him to the ground.

"Sleep Choji" Naruto said before Choji could come up with any other plan. And Choji felt his awareness slip away.

The proctor checked the slumbering form of Choji and announced Naruto the winner.

______________________________________________________

"That's two matches in the span of five minutes..." The water country daimyo said, "Is it just me or are the Konoha ninjas getting weaker?" He chuckled.

"It is not surprising after all, Naruto-san is the grandson of Hibara-dono and the child of the famed Red Death and Yellow Flash." The grass country daimyo said.

"Naruto-chan's strength is the result of years and years of hard work. Being the child of a kage or grandchild of a daimyo has nothing to do with it" Hibara said.

"My apologies if I offended you, Hibara-dono..." The grass country daimyo said.

Hibara only nodded in reply.

"My daughter has been raving about Naruto-kun from the moment she heard about him being the famed Golden Fox. It seems my precious Mayo-chan has a crush on your grandchild..." The lightning country daimyo said with a chuckle. His daughter Mayo, who was seated near her father, blushed heavily.

Hibara had a very good idea of where this conversation would lead to.

"Oh, she's such a cute child. I would've definitely liked her as my granddaughter-in-law, had my Naruto-chan not been married already."

Most of the daimyo present were surprised by the news.

"He's married!?" dear sweet Mayo screeched none too gently. 

The lightning country daimyo tried to calm down his raging daughter, while Hibara was sympathetic on the outside, she scowled on the inside, 'Like I'd let a bitch like her ever marry my Naruto chan'.

"Oh, the next match has begun." That had most of them turning their attention back to the arena.

___________________________________________________

Tenten and Naruto face each other in the stadium ground. She tightened her grip on the kunai. She was not a person for monologues and such but she was greatly disappointed in Naruto for abandoning his former home. She was determined to beat him so that he could be useful to Konoha.

Naruto could feel the emotions inside her and smirked at her. Her loyalty was impressive, but Konoha did not deserve it. And no matter what Konoha had done, she will remain loyal to it.

Tenten disappeared from sight at that moment. Naruto just stood there nonchalantly. He lifted his hand and caught the leg that would have crushed his skull. He tightened his grip, not letting her go. Tenten frowned. He looked at her and then turned to look upward from where many weapons were going to rain down on the both of them.

Tenten smirked at him and whispered, 'twin rising dragons' before she used a replacement to get out of his hold.

Naruto raised an eyebrow.

The weapons firing at him at high speeds suddenly changed course and began rushing at Tenten.

Tenten's eyes widened as she was forced to dodge her own attack.

As the weapons all hit the ground where she stood earlier creating a huge cloud of dust, she tried to sense Naruto.

But imagine her surprise when she found the stadium entirely drenched in his chakra. It was spread out like thick honey, making it difficult for her to pinpoint the source. For all she knew, he could be anywhere inside the stadium.

Tenten growled in frustration, but she suddenly stiffened when an arm wrapped around her midsection from behind.

"Not having fun?" His voice was husky as he whispered into her ear.

Tenten tried to flip their position but found that her body was immobilized. He chuckled at her attempt.

"It's no use... You won't be able to move... or talk." he said smirking.

The cloud of dust now covered them both out of sight of the audience. She knew that the dust should've normally dissipated by now, but it still remained meaning that he was doing something to keep them out of sight. What was he planning?

"This might hurt... a lot." And before she could even comprehend what he had said, pain assaulted her from all sides.

Tenten's screams rang out on the arena and everyone watched with bated breath as the dust cloud cleared. Tenten lied unconscious on the floor and Naruto stood there calmly.

"Winner: Naruto Uzumaki" The crowd cheered once again as the proctor announced the winner.

_____________________________________________________

Kyoshiro suppressed a yawn as he watched the match. This is boring and he knew that Naruto wasn't even putting an effort in.

'This is boring'  Kyoshiro projected his thoughts to his mate.

'You're right. I should speed this up. I am only really interested in putting down a few particular people'  Naruto's voice echoed in Kyoshiro's mind.

'The next match is with the Aburame... Do you plan on playing with him?'

'No... I'll end it soon.'

__________________________________________________

Aburame Shino stood facing his opponent.

Naruto sighed and in one flick of his wrist, blades of wind rushed at his opponent. Shino took a direct hit and then scattered into a bug clone. Naruto could feel the swarm attacking him from behind.

He closed his eyes and unleashed his chakra once more. The insects that ate his chakra all fell one by one.

Another wave of chakra and the entire stadium ground exploded sending Shino flying from the underground.

Shino couldn't even gather his balance before chakra chains pinned him to the stadium wall and he was knocked out.

"Winner: Uzumaki Naruto"

______________________________________________________

'You really needed to do that much damage?' Kyoshiro thought exasperated.

'Not really...' Naruto snickered.

'He's here, by the way'

'I would be surprised if he didn't come.'

'So, should give him the offer or just set up a meeting?'

'Set up a meeting, I wish to meet him in person.'

'I have a feeling that he'd like that... Especially after he sees all the matches'

Naruto's chuckle reverberated in his mind as the proctor announced the next match.

_______________________________________________________

"Uzumaki Naruto v/s Nara Shikamaru... Begin"

Naruto looked down to see that he was already caught by the Nara's shadow.

Shikamaru had narrowed his eyes at Naruto. He was aware that with the amount of skills Naruto had shown, there was a high chance that Naruto might break out of his hold.

Before Naruto knew it a kunai was at his jugular. He didn't need to know that a Shikamaru clone was behind him with a kunai. Shikamaru moved his hands to the pouch on his thigh and Naruto mimicked him. Shikamaru took out a kunai, but since Naruto had no weapon pouch on him, he was weaponless.

Shikamaru placed his hand so that he could throw the kunai at Naruto.

"Give up now, Naruto. It would be a lot less troublesome for both of us."

Naruto chuckled and then he moved his hand.

Shikamaru; to his horror; found himself mimicking Naruto's actions. It was clear that Naruto had overtaken the shadow possession.

Shikamaru cursed and tried to cancel his shadow possession, but again to his confusion, the shadow possession remained. Shikamaru growled.

The clone holding the kunai to Naruto's jugular moved the kunai so that it nicked his throat, "Don't move"

But Naruto only chuckled. Soon the Naruto he was holding had vanished.

Naruto now stood a few feet away from them near a tree and miraculously, the shadow was still connected signaling that the jutsu had not yet ended. But instead of a single connection between Naruto's shadow split into three, one connecting with the clone that had held a kunai to his neck, the other connecting with the Shikamaru that had initially caught him in the jutsu and the third one extended into the tree's shadow.

Naruto took three steps forward and the two Shikamaru mimicked him helplessly and to everyone's surprise another Shikamaru had also come out from hiding in the tree's shadow. All three Shikamaru were caught in Naruto's shadow.

Naruto moved his hand like Shikamaru had done earlier and acted like taking out a kunai. Naruto's hand was empty, but the three Shikamaru who actually had kunai pouches had to take out actual kunai from their pouches. Naruto moved his curled hand to his throat; Shikamaru mimicked him, all three had a kunai placed at their neck.

Shikamaru knew he was caught. Naruto had been smarter than he gave him credit for. He was about to surrender, but then a searing pain shot through his body. He fell down screaming; the shadow wavered and vanished as Naruto cancelled the jutsu. Shikamaru was on the ground unconscious.

"Winner: Uzumaki Naruto"

______________________________________________________

"Another match in Naruto's favor." Kyoshiro said.

"Not really surprising..." Gaara said, "The only reason I came here even when I knew the results of the match already, was to get out of paper work duty for some time."

"And it would be fun to see Konoha get what it deserves..."

"Yeah that too." Gaara agreed.

Kyoshiro only chuckled. His eyes again swept back to the figure of the woman he had noticed earlier. She seemed intrigued. Once again she took notice of him staring at her, this time she met his eyes steadily for some time.

"Who is that, Kyoshiro-kun?" Mei asked, "You're not planning on cheating on poor Naru-kun, are you?"

Kyoshiro chuckled, "She's just an acquaintance..." He murmured without taking his eyes off of the woman.

______________________________________________________

So, I guess this is it for now.

Review if you like it... and if you have any suggestions or anything just Message or review it. I will have my cellphone with me so I can read your reviews and messages.

Bye for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 219 7
once the war has ended everybody is glad that Sasuke has came back to the hidden leaf. everybody but Naruto. as time passes people seem to notice why...
49K 1.7K 53
'"Please Itachi... I know I can't save Sasuke but I can save you." Itachi considered these words before knocking Naruto's hand away.' Redemption begi...
29 0 25
"It turns out that evil is so satisfying!" After venting all the evil fire in his body on the teacher's wife Kushina's delicate body, Kakashi realize...
475K 11.2K 44
After a few years of Kurama's attack; Naruto disappeared. No one knew where he went, but no one dared to look for him. In fact, they were glad he was...