When the Clouds Fell

By Pineberrymelon

"When did the clouds fall?" "The day the sun was blown out of their sky." Karen and Vince always thought they... More

Copyright Information
Dedication
Chapter 1: In Which There is a Boy Who Cries Tears of Darkness
Chapter 2: In Which Vince Uses an Unholy Combination of Words
Chapter 3: In Which Karen Thinks Hayden is a Stud
Chapter 4: In Which Karen and Vince Use Their Powers
Chapter 5: In Which the Kids Flip a Boat
Chapter 6: In Which Noah Comes Home
Chapter 7: In Which Marie Makes a Promise
Chapter 8.1: In Which Three People Are Fatally Injured
Chapter 8.2: In Which Three People Are Fatally Injured
Chapter 9: In Which En Throws a Punch
Chapter 10: In Which an Epiphany is Met
Chapter 12: In Which Hayden Throws a Hissy-Fit
Chapter 13: In Which They Cannot Catch a Break
Chapter 14: In Which Two Old Friends Meet
Chapter 15: In Which Their Utopia Shatters ~Act 1~
Chapter 16: In Which Their Utopia Shatters ~Act 2~
Chapter 17: In Which Their Utopia Shatters ~Act 3~
Chapter 18: In Which Their Utopia Shatters ~Act 4~
Chapter 19: In Which Their Utopia Shatters ~Finale~
Chapter 20: In Which Hayden Gives Up
Chapter 21: In Which Darkness Meets the Boy
Chapter 22: In Which Things Start to Feel Better
Chapter 23: In Which the Child of Hurricanes Dreams
Chapter 24: In Which People Wake Up

Chapter 11: In Which the Monster Speaks

51 3 2
By Pineberrymelon

Noah walked along a beach with white sand and black water. The waves kissed the shore and moved back with a gentle rush. But, unlike every other time, he was on the wrong side. He no longer stood with his toes buried in the sand or jogged at the edge where the water moved in. This time, he was knee-deep in the black ocean itself.

He watched himself trudge through the waves, an outsider viewing his own body. But, as he followed himself down the shore, Noah realized it was not really him he was watching.

The Noah who was not him turned around, smiling a smile that was much too wide for his face. "So, you noticed?" His amber irises were surrounded by black instead of white. "Thank you for finally opening up to me. I appreciate that."

A sickening feeling prickled Noah's stomach, like badly digested food. He did not speak. He could not speak.

The other Noah went on, wearing a sardonic expression. "You do not have to worry about anything. Your sadness, your pain, and your anger, give them all to me." He clasped his hands over his chest, the skin marred with darkness until his elbows. "I shall remove the source of these feelings for you. I will destroy them. I will stop your suffering once and for all. You need not despair any more because it was never your fault to begin with."

Noah watched in silence as his counterpart neared the shore. He did not climb up all the way, rather he waded in the shallow parts just before the sand.

Some part of him wished to stop this...monster. This thing which resided within him. But, once again, Noah could not muster the strength to speak back. He could not find the heart to refute him. He could only stare at his murky reflection in the water, at his pitiful face.

Perhaps all this time, those were the exact words he had wished to hear.

It was never your fault. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

532 212 42
The story takes place in the year 2115. Oil reserves nearly ran out in the year 2053, causing World War III, which was a devastating 5 year nuclear w...
841K 27.6K 40
. Three years. It had been three years since he'd been taken, experimented on, had his DNA altered and became a freak of nature. He knew be...
Static By Hattie

Teen Fiction

7.6K 317 17
{COMPLETED} "now that you've had your fun electrocuting me, would you care to hop in the backseat?" ...
362 59 22
Unbeknownst to humans, there is an invisible world just beyond their own where Mother Nature and Father Time work together to keep the earth in balan...