Been A While, Spidey

By EdsGryff

Note from a very embarrassed writer from the future- do not read this book. Please. #VERY SEX CENTRIC# What h... More

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Pre Epilogue)
Chapter 20 (Epilogue)

Chapter 8

206 3 7
By EdsGryff

The next few weeks went in a blur.

Sanya went to work, had sex with Shadab for the first time, ticked off Harry for calling her every day so much that Peter confiscated her phone when she told him it was Harry not knowing he'd take it away and still doesn't let her use it at work, and cutting away Felicia Hardy's face from a magazine which featured her and Peter. She went out with Shadab, having very mildly intoxicating talk and not very bad carnal relations.

Peter continued making breakthroughs in science and technology basically every week, protecting the city, country, planet from threats, being petty to Sanya because of her constant calls with Harry. The one day Shadab showed up to pick her up, he basically banned all non-employees from entering the building. He went out with Felicia, having great sex but he'd realised they really didn't have much in common. Except being superheroes. But then again, she preferred anti-hero.

In short, both of them were jealous and continued to go out with their respective partners because they liked them to some extent, didn't want to hurt them (which I really don't like, I mean of you don't love them, break up with them. It's better in the long run. Alas, the character based on me has flaws. Even Peter who I've deemed perfect is flawed.) and to make their exes jealous.

Idiots.

It's September now. This chapter deals with the 3 year anniversary of their breakup.

Peter's POV:

I rolled over in bed, smacking my head on the alarm clock to get it to STOP.

I really shouldn't hang out with Sanya so much. Well, not hang out, like talk to her at work. Ok, maybe I just look at her sometimes. Alright, all the time.

I'm a horrible, horrible human being.

On that pleasant thought, I got up and because I felt my Spidey Senses tingle, put on my costume and went out to fight crime.

I got back an hour later, dirty, tired, sore, wet because I fell into the Hudson. I quickly got ready and because it was nearing 10:30 swung to work. I accidentally smacked into the window. And nearly got the FBI called because of one paranoid redhead intern named Ron.

Sanya'd like his parents.

"Reza, could you schedule all my appointments a half hour later than they are? I need to- where's Sanya?" I stop short when I see Debra, a girl who generally worked as a sub in my Sanya's seat.

"She didn't come in. I don't know why. She just phoned and said well, what I told you....sir, where are you going? SIR!?" The redhead continued to shriek after me as I rushed out from the exit in my office, hardly aware of what I was doing- all I knew was that Sanya could be hurt, hell dead because of me, missing, raped....all horrible scenarios run through my mind. Maybe she's sick! Cancer or pneumonia or.....

Wait, where does she live?

Uh.. all I know is that it's on the Upper East Side.

Oh wait...I think she mentioned that address once...okay, I stalked her.

So I went to their building and after an excruciating ride to the 14th floor, knocked on their apartment, prayed it was hers and also that she was alive and well.

"Peter?" Sanya opened the door and I swear my heart stopped.

She was okay, no sign of any illness, all her hair was there and she looked as gorgeous as always- beautiful chestnut eyes, golden brown skin, dark brown, pretty much black hair with wait, purple highlights!? When did she get those? All long limbs and plump body. Zebra striped glasses on her nose.

I was a little mad that I swung all the way for nothing
None of that was the problem. Her clothes were.

She was wearing a flimsy, green, the Last Jedi t shirt which was till her mid thighs, so translucent I could see her black underwear. Also that she wasn't wearing a bra. That was very clear.

"Uh, come in." She opened it wider so I could enter, still dumbfounded to a nicely decorated large but messy room. I think I even saw a condom but I couldn't be too sure, Sanya threw it away almost as soon as I entered.

"Sit." She points to the large, brown L-shaped sofa.

"You're alive." I say stupidly.

She looks confused.
"I am alive...Why...oh! I am so sorry, Peter. I didn't think of you at all, your anxiety, I should've told you the reason." She looks sadly up at me and I melt.

"Which is...." I motion for her to continue.

"Today's date. Spetember 13th." She says nervously.

Flashbacks hit me.

"Hi, Peter." A broken little, cry-y voice enters my ears.

"Hi, Lil. What's-" I just begin to ask in pretty much the same voice when she cuts me off.

"Don't come today. Don't come over. Please. Ever. I can't, we...I...I can't forgive myself for what happened. And I know you hate me and.... I'm sorry, Peter. I love you so so much it hurts but we..I...can't. And you shouldn't. Be with me. Goodbye." And she hung up without another world.

I sit, oblivious to world as I try to process what happened. The love of my life, my soulmate, my best friend, the mother of my child just broke up with me.

I cry and throw things and yell, not knowing that by saying those things she not only broke my heart but also broke hers. Not knowing that she hasn't left her room in months even after recovering, claiming she was still too sick for class, crying her heart out everyday.

_end flashback_

"It's September already?" I say the stupidest response to her words but it was true. I barely keep track of the months except Christmas and New Year's. And Thanksgiving.

"Yeah." She sits down beside me.

"So you didn't come because-" I was still confused.

"I couldn't see you today. You may not have realised what today is but I did. It's the day I broke both our hearts."

"Was....was it because you stopped loving me?"

"I could never stop loving you, Clumsy. This is informal, right?" She says, suddenly worried.

"Considering what you're wearing and my reaction to it, yes. Yes it is. And I mean both the Star Wars tee and the transparency of it."

She blushes but still continued.

"It was..because of what I cost you."

I was so confused. What had she cost me?

"What are you talking about?" I say incredulously.

"I cost you a child, Peter. It was my fault our son died."

"No, No, No. It was mine. I was the reason of so much stress..."

"No." She says calmly, but like the calm before the storm. "It was mine. My body couldn't keep Tom alive. I...I killed our baby." And with that, she starts bawling and crying and sobbing and I know I'm about to join her but someone has to stay strong and she's done it so long.

So I comfort her, carry her to bed when she can't stay straight anymore, smooth over her hair, kissed her forehead, played her her favourite songs, told her stories.

"Peter?" She whispers.

"Yeah, love?"

"Hold me. Please." She says and I know that as is the custom I can't deny her anything. So I get up from the floor, wrap my hands round her, she snuggles into me and it just feels so familiar and warm and loving and I feel loved and just ecstatic.

"Thank you." She whispers a while later and eventually falls asleep.

Before I drift off myself,I just allow myself to delve into one last memory. The day we found out she was pregnant.

Early Jan 2021

"I don't want to go to any doctor, I HAVE EXAMS, PETER PARKER!" Sanya screamed at me as I turned up at her dorm and demanded she go to a doctor.

"You are going to a doctor. You have been sick for almost a month. You have been vomiting the whole time, having intermittent fever and body aches. You ARE going to a doctor."

"Don't you have school?" She asks, narrowing her eyes and blatantly ignoring me. "You can't just drive up for two hours everyday for me."

"Yes. But I care more about my girlfriend than my grades. Also, you forget who Tony Stark is to me."

"Aww. You care so much about me. Okay, I'll go to a doctor." She says happily, mood completely taking a 180° turn skips out of her room, leaving me astonished.

~time skip~

"So, body aches, vomiting, breast numbness, fever, stomach hurting. Yes?" The doctor at New Haven Hospital, Dr. Redfern asked.

"yEs." My irritated girlfriend growls.

"Not to mention, mood swings." I add and she punches me.

"Ah, Mr. Parker. My children are huge fans of you."

I blush, I'm easily embarrassed.

"Oh, uh, thank you." I say, because so don't know what else to say. "Is anything the problem with her?"

"No. Not according to me anyway. But to a young couple like you, maybe it is. She's pregnant."

I sit frozen. So does she.

And then Sanya bursts out,"Dr. Redfern, that is impossible, because I am on the pill, and I never miss one. I take them very responsibly."

"She does," I, somehow recovering from my shock and being very happy, say somberly because I know she would kill me if she sees my grin. "At the same time, every night right and she makes a show of it especially before she visits."

"That’s very interesting," Dr. Redfern said, closing her file. "And you’re telling me you’re not even a little bloated? And just body aches and a little morning sickness?"

"Of course not," I scoffed. "A lot of morning sickness." My girlfriend punched me again.

"No fatigue?" He asks.

"Well, I mean, I’m tired all the time, sure, but who wouldn’t be with my schedule? It’s inhuman."

"No changes in appetite or unusual food cravings?"

"Well, yes, I’m starving all the time, but that’s normal. I love salty things like cheese popcorn, and who doesn’t love burgers? Those are very, very delicious. And cookie dough . . . and chocolate cake frosting. And pickles..And wasabi peas." She finishes, very much horrified. I try not to laugh.

"Of course," the doctor said gently. "Speaking of which, when did you have your last period?"

"Well, that’s easy. It was . . . um." Panic began to sweep over her. "Being a busy student and the girlfriend to a superhero which means full time worrying, and with everything going on, and also the fact I don't really keep track, I can’t remember off the top of my head, but I know it’s been . . ."

"You haven’t had it since Thanksgiving,” I  said firmly. “You should be having it now. But you’re not."

"Well, that’s not true," She said. "How would you even know?"

"Believe me," I said. "I know."

"Well, you’re wrong. Let me see, I started my last pill pack on . . ."

And then she apparently realized she had no idea.

Which is the worst, most embarrassing thing for any responsible human being who lives in the modern age to have to admit. According to her.

"I would have to go home and check," she said. "But I’m sure I’ve taken them all exactly as prescribed. I haven’t missed one."

"Even if you have, they're not always effective." The doctor laughs and she glares at him. "They're 91 to 92% effective and even condoms are only 95% effective."

We look at each other.

"Are you sure?" I ask, just to be 100% sure.

"Oh, yes. You're probably a month or so along but I'll have to do a ultrasound to check."

I'm delighted absolutely and although I can tell she is too, she's also worried.

"Could you give us some time?" I ask the doctor who murmurs his assent and leaves.

"A baby. A child of our own." She whispers holding her normal sized stomach.

"Yeah." I say hoarsely, the impact just hitting me. I'm going to be a father. I never even had a proper father! Dad left when I was 7 and Uncle Ben died when I was barely 15. A father!! My eyes widen.

As if she had read my mind, she says confidently, "You'll be a brilliant father, Peter. I have no doubt."

"Wait. So you're not gonna-" I didn't wanna say it.

"Have an abortion?" She says, raising her brow. "It came to mind for a moment- but no, I don't think so. I mean- I know it might be the better option, and in other circumstances, I'd do it- but this is our accident. Our child. And you know how quickly I get attached." She says staunchly, her voice only wavering when she says 'our child'. "I want to have our baby."

I liked the way she said 'accident' and not 'mistake'.

"So....I presume you're worried about money."

She twirls her promise ring and bites her lip.

"Well, yes. But we'll figure something out. We always do. Now-" she grins widely and I know she'll be the best mom on the planet. "What about names?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 102 5
ON PAUSE/Peter is feeling lonely and left behind, can a sexy midnight visit from the Black Cat change all of that?
16.2K 543 16
"I dare you to..." Peter grins evilly. "Sleep with Harry Osborn." "I ACCEPT!" Yells Harley. "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" Tony shouts, panicked. "But why? It isn...
3.1K 77 14
He's the stoic protector of the multiverse. She's a firecracker cat burglar that doesn't play by the rules. On a normal night of interdimensional pat...
637 7 9
In which a teenager struggles with his school life, personal life and above all of that he's New York's web-slinging hero. The story of Spider-Man. ...