The lie in my marriage (EDITI...

By khal2mukay

The story of Zainab and Malik, a young couple in their own little bubble living their best life. Then,Amal sh... More

Chapter 1 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 2 (The wedding)
Chapter 3 (A new phase of life)
Chapter 4 (The honeymoon)
Chapter 5 (The honeymoon II)
Not an update
Chapter 6 (Marital life)
Chapter 7 (Marital life cont'd)
Chapter 8 (The Good News)
Chapter 9 (Being pregnant)
Chapter 10 (The intruder )
Chapter 11 (The miscarriage)
Chapter 12 (Coping)
Chapter 13 (Company)
Chapter 14 (Recovering)
Author's note.
Chapter 15 (Home)
Chapter 16 (The Anniversary)
Chapter 17 (Silent feelings)
Chapter 18 (Mixed emotions)
Chapter 19 (The Fundraiser)
Chapter 20 (Insecurity)
Chapter 21 (Longing)
Chapter 22 (Vegas,baby!)
Chapter 23 (Las Vegas Nevada)
Chapter 24 (Balcony love)
Chapter 25 (Opening up)
Chapter 26 (Distance)
Chapter 27 (Denial)
Chapter 28 (Acceptance)
Chapter 29 (Lose ends)
Chapter 30 (The decision)
Chapter 31 (Amal and Malik)
Chapter 32 (Coffee,coffee)
Chapter 34 (I got you)
Chapter 35 (Loving him)
Chapter 36 (Suspicions)
Chapter 37 (Jealous)
Chapter 38 (Attitude)
Chapter 39 (Cold)
Chapter 40 (The other woman)
Chapter 41 (Confession)
Chapter 42 (Confession 2)
Chapter 43 (The lie in my marriage)
Chapter 44 (Shattered)
Chapter 45 (Far and away)
Chapter 46 (The divorce)
Chapter 47 (Consequences)
Chapter 48 (The aftermath)
Chapter 49 (Revelations)
Chapter 50 (Parting ways)
Chapter 51 (Forgiveness)
Chapter 52 (Fight for you)
Chapter 53 (Stay put)
Chapter 54 (Coming home)
Chapter 55 (Bitter sweet)
Chapter 56 (Another chance?)
Chapter 57 (Zain and Malik)
Chapter 58 (Hope)
Chapter 59 (Here with you)
Chapter 60 (Labour pains)

Chapter 33 (Belong with you)

2.5K 98 9
By khal2mukay

Salam hello #TLIMMsquad. How are we all and how was the last chapter? I guess we got a 50:50 for #teamZainMalik and #teamAmalik. Hehhe.. anyway a huge shout out goes to my first commenter on the previous chapter which is (MaimunaRamalanAbubak). I really appreciate you lovely. 😘
Hope you guys will enjoy the chapter.

#TLIMM
#TLIMMsquad
💕
*****************
Malik pulled over at the front of Amal's home. The entire car ride was dull and silent with many things in both of their minds unlike earlier when he came to pick her up. Malik had sensed Amal's silence and refusal to utter a word but he didn't want to press it into an issue.

"Thank you". She said as her hand went to the car door to unlock it and make her way into her home.

"Are you okay Amal?". He questioned making her stop and turn her head to look at him.

"I am good,i had a nice time. Thanks".
She answered trying to force a smile. She noticed the look in his eyes that says he didn't buy what she just told him,but he smiled at her. A genuine smile unlike her forced one and her face immidiately broke into a real smile too. She turned her head to the otherside trying to hide her face away from him. That's the thing about love,even their smile becomes contagious to you.

"Now that's a real smile unlike the first". He spoke with a sly grin with his grip still on the steering wheel.

"I got to go now,you need to be somewhere too". Amal said as she began to makea step out of his car.

"Can i text you later?".He called out to her.

"Text me anytime you're home." She responded with a toothy grin making him shake his head in amusement. He started his car and drove away from Amal's premises as she entered into her home.
He drove straight to his family home to go pick up Zain and Munira. He entered into the house and greeted with his parents,luckily for him there were less people as many of the ladies have finished off with their henna and gone to their respective homes.

Zain and Munira got ready to leave and came to the big sitting room where Malik was having a discussion with his parents.

"So you're all set to go home", Malik spoke to Zain with his face full of smile as he looked at how gorgeous the henna looked on her hand.

"Yes we are. We've actually finished up with everything when i called". Zain answered shyly. She's still a little shy in the presence of her in laws even though she's comfortable around them as they treat her like one of their own.
Malik stood from his sitting position and bid his parents goodbye as Zain and Munira followed behind him to his car outside.
They dropped Munira at her home and made their way back to their home too. Malik has noticed Zain's dullness eventhough she was trying hard to conceal it.

"I love your henna,it's so gorgeous like you." He brought her hands to his lips as he kissed it and he saw the beautiful smile that made its way to her face.

"Thank you lover". She kissed his cheeks.
That was how he drove them home with one hand in her hands and the other on the steering wheel as he listened to her talk about how her day went on.

***************
"Urrghhh Amal i don't know how you deal with the working with someone you love in the same environment without any distraction ".
Hafsah spoke air quoting the word 'working ' with confusion clearly written in her face.
They were at the usual eatery where they get lunch.

"What's up with you Hafsah? You look confused,exhausted and lemmi say in love because Faisal is clearly written all over this cute face".
Amal said touching her face as if she was examining it.

"Stop it Amal... don't ruin my makeup". Hafsah said swatting her hands away making Amal laugh at the funny faces she was making.

"I just can't seem to focus on what i am doing whenever Faisalis around and now he seems to come to our department often and he usually stops by my office. I like the attention and care and all but.. it's just.. i don't know,i guess i am not used to it".
She finished with a pout on her face.

"You know you need to take things slow and calm yourself down Hafsah,you'll surely get used to Faisal being around you as time goes on. It's not an overnight thing,take your time and relax. I am sure Faisal doesn't pressure you, does he?"
Amal said focusing completely on her friend.
Hafsah shook her head as a sign of No.

"Take it easy on yourself then, just make sure the spark and love between you two is still there.. okay".

"Yes counsellor or therapist or blah blah". Hafsah responded with an eye roll as both of them laughed.

"So tell me how far with you and Malik? There must be a story to tell". Hafsah asked as she took a sip from her milkshake.

Amal's face immidiately lit up and smiled as she heard Malik's name been mentioned.

"Ah there you are.. we are two idiots in love".

"You know Malik makes everything easier and amazing and extraordinary. It feels like we've known each other for long. Everyday i feel i belong with him because he's just amazing. "

Amal said as Hafsah watched how her eyes glisten and brightened as she talked about Malik.

"This is so beautiful  Amal, i want us to stay this happy. " Hafsah gushed holding Amal's hand as she squeezed it.

"Who knew one could find love in this big busy place called office ". Amal spoke.

"We found love in a hopeless place girl. Yayy".
Hafsah squealed fist pumping the air earning strange stares from the few people in the eatery.
They both laughed them off as they finished off with lunch and freshened up.

Amal got back to her office from lunch,she checked Malik's office but he wasn't there. Wondering where he's been,she decided to text him because he will be having an important meeting in less than an hour.

*Just checked in your office,where you at?*

She finished typing the message as she hit send. In less than a minute his reply came in.

*At the manager's office. Will be down in a jiffy.  Missing me?*

She smiled seeing his reply. The truth is she actually misses him but he got a meeting to attend. So she typed back her reply with a smile on her face.

*A little lol. You have a meeting in less than an hour,don't forget*.

*Don't be hard on yourself say it cos i know you do much. And about the meeting,i am on it ma'am. *

She laughed at his response as she sent him the tongue out emoji.

"Assalamualaikum... so who was talking about missing me a little huh.."
He came in as she turned her head to look at him with a mischievous smile on her face.

"So you're down already. I was kidding about the missing thing. Not missing you at all". She responded with laughter in her voice.

"Way to go Amal. Fiesty aren't we?"
He questioned as he folded his arms to his chest.

"Kind of.. kind of not". She replied. He chuckled at her response and asked for the schedule of his meeting.

"It's right here at Serene land hotels and suites,that's the venue where our company will be meeting with it's share holders and other partners". She passed him the details for him to take a look.

His eyes remained focused on the details as he studied it.

"Mhmmm i should be going now so that i will be able to make it in time".
He muttered to himself.

"Yes you should. The meeting starts at 3 and it's 2:15 now ". Amal responded as she checked her watch to look at the time.

"Yeah right.  Be right back". He answered as he made his way to his office.

He entered his office and took all the necessary stuff and documents he would be needing for his meeting.
He thought about going to the meeting and it just dawned on him that he needed her to be with him there,not because he loves her around but because she's his PA and secretary.  He could do with some help from her. He finished up and stepped out of his office back to her office.

"Are you busy Amal?". He asked as he stood in front of her table where her eyes were fixed on the screen of the computer.

"Not really just got through with some documentation. What's up coffee?".
She spoke as she removed her reading glasses put her arm under her chin to support it looking at him with all her smiles.

He chuckled at the name she has been calling him with lately as he rubbed his neck a little nervous because it just clicked on him how he refused her to go into a meeting with him the first day he saw her,but look who's asking for her to go into meeting with him today. He just hopes she won't bring up that day now if he asks.

"I was wondering if you'll be less busy so that you'll come with me to this meeting".

"But it's an external meeting,i thought i am allowed to attend only internal meetings with you".
She answered her eyebrows drawing in confusion.

"Not really.. i kinda need you to come with me now please". He requested.

"Okay let's go". She stood up and turned off the computer and carried her bag with her where she put her phone and a note pad with a pen in alongside with her readinh glasses.

He became perplexed at seeing how she didn't protest or bring up the day he asked her to step away from his meeting. It's been lonh now but he knew for sure she hasn't forgotten about what happened on her first day of work.
He walked in front of her as she walked behind him to lock her office door. They entered the elevator standing with a decent space between them.
They entered his car and Malik drove straight to Serene Hotel and suites.

She stepped out of the car to wait for him while he answered a call from his manager.
"Shall we". He said as he finished the call coming out of the car.

"Sure.. lead the way. I am just your PA/secretary here. "
She replied motioning with her hands at him to lead the way.

"You know you're not just my secretary Amal,you're someome i am in love with. Don't forget ". He said softly looking at her. She lowered her eyes under his stare as she nodded her head in approval.

They walked side by side to the hall of the meeting, it wasn't full as most of the guests were just arriving.
On their arrival to enter the hall, he quickly stepped in front of her and opened the door as he motioned for her to enter first with a beaming smile on his face.

She had a matching smile on her face too as she stepped in first while he followed behind her closing the door behind him.

They sat opposite of each other at the big round table inside the hall as she took out her note pad,pen and glasses ready for work.
The guests all arrived and got seated and the meeting started. Malik stood from his seat to deliver the opening address and she followed him with a stare till he reached the podium. His instincts  told him she was staring and on reaching the podium,his eyes landed on her too and their eyes locked. He gave her the most beautiful smile that melted her heart right at that moment. She gave him back the same matching smile and a thumb up. Something in her right now, if not all of her atleast 90% of her tells her that she belongs with him. Malik is just so unlike other people, he is god sent. Another smile escaped her lips as she wondered how time changes so many things and so many events happen within the speed of time. If you could ask her a year ago,Malik is the last person she had on mind who would be having feelings for her but here they are now,together in love.
She kicked the thoughts off her mind and started to take down the minutes of the meeting on her note pad.
***********
Holla holla #TLIMMsquad. We're in 2018 beautiful people.  Check out the media attached, it's a new year gift from me with love,to all of my readers with love from anywhere around the world. Just know that i love you and i appreciate you. Isn't it  amazing how you love someome without ever seeing them? Well thanks to the internet because i love y'all #TLIMMsquad so much. You guys made my 2017 worth remembering. A year ago at this time, i wasn't even thinking of the idea of coming up with #TLIMM. Even though i was into writing at the time, but a book that was a No. But look at who's writing a book now.. yippeee i am proud of myself tbh as i have come far and if you'll notice my writing skills have improved as this book goes on. Tell me in the comments what you think of my writing,my stories,my characters and what you've learnts about me. I want to hear it all lovelies. Finally please do check up my profile for my new upcoming book (The DUFF) and tell me what you think. Give it your votes and comments please. Help me promote it . I wish you have a wonderful beautiful 2018 filled with nothing but love,care,positivity and blessings from Allah.  I love y'all so much #TLIMMsquad. *Group hug.
Stay beautiful lovelies 😙😙😙💖💖😘😘😘😘❤❤❤

#TLIMM
#TLIMMsquad

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

976K 63.4K 59
#Ranked 4 (27/07/19). Thank you so much my beautiful readers. Hanya Qureshi, a nineteen year old pampered daughter of Mrs & Mr. Qureshi, and a loving...
40.1K 3K 49
☆ AMAAN ULLAH ZAMAN ☆ 27 year old ex-marine who is now looking for some meaning in his life. After his father remarried he doesn't have a family to c...
181K 11.6K 34
REACHED #26 IN SPIRITUAL ON August 1/2018 ---- Laila gets a wedding proposal from someone who wants to stay anonymous till the day of their wedding. ...
138K 11.9K 75
COMPLETED✔️ ✔️ Prince Abdul Karim Tawfiq Abdul Malik. Future King of the UAE. His father made history loving and marrying one woman. He'd make histo...