Meant To Be #wattys2019

oh_hi_byeee

●Highest rank #5 in Spiritual. ●#67 in Romance.Getting at the top. ALHUMDULILLAH● //To all my lovely, silent... Еще

INTRODUCTION
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
NOTE
Ramadan Mubarak
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Please don't kill me
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27: Fallacies
Chapter 28: Game of Fate
Chapter 29: One step closer, two steps far.
Chapter 30: Past Lingers
Chapter 31: Flashback, Truth and Forgiveness
Chapter 32: Let Me Go
Chapter 33: Not yours.
Chapter 34: Don't let them change you
Chapter 35: Realise and Real Lies.
Chapter 36: Letting You Go
Chapter 37: Facade
Chapter 38: A Hope
Chapter 39: If It's Not You Then it's No one.
NEW BOOK ALERT
Chapter 40: When a Facade Drops
Chapter 41: Too Late?
Chapter 42: Maybe, Maybe Not.
Chapter 43: Oh Love
Chapter 44: Tears and Goodbyes
Chapter 45: One Last Time
Chapter 46: Meant To Be (Part 1)
Meant To Be- (Part 2)
You were Meant to be mine- Epilogue
THANKYOUUU
NEW BOOK ALERTTT
Intricacies and Anarchy of Life.... and Love
4 CHAPTERS UP

Chapter 8

3.6K 291 33
oh_hi_byeee

Arhaan's P.O.V

"Moody, Floaty, Fire and Desire" read her phone's backcover.

I peeked as she worked on with numbers and stuff on the calculator, her forehead creased as she concentrated on the papers in front of her.

Who can say she's the same girl who just kicked a guy's arse.... And then was grinning like a five year old.

I saw her today near the office gate as she walked towards the building, removing her earphones, careful not to ruin her hijab. And then jumped and yelped as a cat ran beside her.

And I almost crashed as I laughed.

"You're so immature Anabiya...." I said to myself as I saw her walking inside the office building.

And now, the girl in front of me looked so serious as she discussed something with Mr.Sidana.

I shook my head as I again tried to concentrate on the screen in front of me.

500% sure I must be looking like a creep right now.

'Why am I even thinking about her?' I questioned myself.

Yeah probably because of the mini havoc she created yesterday!

But then I again looked up as my secretary, Rhea called out for me.

Temporary secretary. This girl is annoying. Amin I miss you mahn!

Naah, I'm perfectly straight, it's just I need my original, efficient personal assistant back, who is out for a month long leave due to his father's treatment for heart that is going on in New York.

"Arhaan.... sir." She said so sickly sweet.

"Yeah'' I answered tonelessly.

My eyes shifted towards Anabiya as she smiled at Mrs.Palan.

"Do you need a coffee?" Rhea asked and I looked at her, annoyed.

"No, Thankyou. And you're my secretary, you're here to manage my meetings and schedules. So no need to ask me about my food and drinks." I tried to say as politely as I could.

Rhea smiled.... actually blushed and giggled.

Creepy!

I then turned to look at Mr.Arun as he called me.

"Sir, we have examined all the documents and financial statements of Zehab Industries. Well, we have two different opinions about this takeover." Mr. Arun stated as he lightly scratched his bald head.

"Different opinions? Arun, the girl is new here.  She clearly doesn't know  how to make such big decisions. She's just being unreasonable!" Mr. Doshi scowlded.

"Excuse me?" Anabiya almost yelled, bewildered.

"I'm here for a reason and MY opinions are needed. You are my senior and I respect you and stuff but maybe you're wrong here." Anabiya said almost offended by her senior's word and Mrs.Palan gestured her to calm down.

"Sir, according to me, Mr. Arun and Doshi, Saeed group of companies and Industries must takeover Zehab Industries. The company is an easy shot for us. But according to the ladies here...." Mr Sidana pointed at the furious looking Anabiya and Mrs. Palan.

"... they think we shouldn't takeover the company. They think the Zehab Industries are selling off their assets too easily to Us." Mr. Sidana completed with a sigh.

"Mrs. Palan, as you are the analyst of the company, do you really think it's a loss?" I asked the senior lady and she knitted her brows and shrugged.

And Anabiya tried to keep her composure calm and collected.

"Uh I don't know, Sir. The men here are right but Anabiya also has some valid points. I'm stuck in a dilemma here." Mrs.Palan took off her glasses as she quickly sipped some water.

Lastly, I look at Anabiya and before I could open my mouth to say something, the girl started.

"ArhaanSirIdontknowwhytheythinkthatIambeingunreasonableyoupleaselistentome-" Anabiya started and I gestured her to stop.

The girl is crazy.

She looked at me, with impatient eyes.

"Start again and speak like a..... normal  human." I instructed and she nodded.

"Sir, I went through all the previous records and financial statements of the company. Sir there are just losses and losses...." She explained but was cut off by Doshi.

"Huh so a profit making company would make itself available in the market for sale?" Mr. Doshi laughed humorlessly and I gave him a stern look which made him shut up.

"I doubt they are hiding something, Sir. Why takeover such a badly broken and loss making company?" Anabiya completed and I leaned in my chair and sighed.

Zehab Industries is a loss making company and Saeed Industries wants to takeover this company, obviously for business advantages and name. I had gone through the files earlier but I wanted a green signal from other important people of the organisation too. And well, here I was.

I straightened in my chair.

"I agree with the seniors here. The final meeting with the Zehab Industries will be done tomorrow." I announced and stood up.

I saw the seniors smiling while Anabiya grimaced.

"But Sir we-" she started again but I reprimanded.

This girl was getting on my nerves.

"Rhea, finalise the meeting tomorrow." I ignored Anabiya and ordered Rhea.

As I walked towards my cabin, I heard some hasty footsteps behind me.

"Arhaan Sir.... sir! " I heard Anabiya calling out for me and I closed my eyes shut as I massaged my temples.

"Sir please. Just try to understand.... we cannot just take wrong decisions sir." Anabiya started speaking hastily and I had it enough.

"ENOUGH!" I shouted and she shuddered.

My head was aching, the work pressure was dancing on my head and this girl was making it worse.

"Why are you so damn adamant? You don't have to be right every dang time! I have taken my decision. I am not a kid and well, I'm mature enough to take decisions for my company.And I don't want any further interference or hindrance. Got it?" I let my words spill as I let out a frustrated sigh.

Anabiya stared at her shoes or maybe the floor but she didn't look up.

My mind is clotted right now and I'm not in that state of mind to argue with this girl right now.

But as far as I know Anabiya, she'll retort and I started preparing myself.

One. Two. Three. Four.

"I'm sorry!" I heard a low voice. Anabiya slowly nodded as she again apologised and before I can process what happened, she just turned and walked away.
......................

AUTHOR'S P.O.V.

"I'm sorry..." Anabiya muttered as she gulped hard, refusing to look up at her boss.

She again apologised, struggling to keep her voice steady, afraid that it might break and will result into further embarrassment.

She promised herself not to cry In front of people after she once cried in her college due to one of her mean classmate who pretended to be her friend.

After taking one deep breath, she turned away from Arhaan and walked towards the conference room to retrieve her laptop and mobile phone.

As she entered the room, Mrs. Palan looked at her apologetically while Mr. Arun smiled sadly at her.

The other people just smirked, maybe enjoying her defeat.

"We all make mistakes, it's fine." Mr. Arun said as Anabiya switched off her laptop.

She faked a smile and nodded as she collected her things and went straight to her office.

"This is not easy.... be strong Anabiya. Be strong. You have gone through much bigger and tougher things. STAY STRONG! " Anabiya said to herself, an attempt to encourage herself.

..........................

After a long day, Anabiya descended from the stairs of her office building, typing away in her phone.

She saw the OLA App confirming her cab and displayed the chauffeur's information on the screen.

'5 minutes from your location.' The screen displayed.

She sighed, massaging her temples.

''Planning to stay here all night?" A voice startled her and she almost jumped.

She looked in the direction of the voice, very well aware that it was the person she least wanted to see right now.

"No." She simply replied as she again looked in the front, crossing her arms over her chest.

Arhaan watched the girl in silence, amused by the fact that she's actually ignoring him.

After a minute or so, Arhaan sighed as he saw Anabiya still looking in the front, in the same position, like a statue or mannequin.

"Uh you need a ride?" Arhaan asked, slightly unsure.

Anabiya glanced at him, and then shook her head no.

"It's late. I can arrange an office car for you. And even if that's not available, then I can drop you." Arhaan again spoke up, a fail attempt to convince the stubborn girl in front of him.

"It's fine, Sir. Thankyou. My cab will be here any minute." Anabiya replied tonelessly.

Arhaan ran a hand through his hair, again slightly frustrated by the girl.

And then Anabiya's phone pinged and she sighed as she looked at the screen.

''It's here." She said as she briskly walked out of the gate,  leaving her boss behind.

Arhaan clenched his jaw, clearly frustrated.

'This girl is so egoistic. Uptight, to be more precise.
I just corrected her. There wasn't any need for giving such cold shoulder!' He thought.

Little did he know that the girl who he just tagged egoistic and uptight thought the same about him!

For sure, the opinions of these two did match at a point, but only when they thought about each other..... Negative.
...................

A/N

Hey my sweetkins, my sweetpies, my babies! (So much love, wow!)

So how was it? Show some love babies as I'm sick right now (puppy eyes)

And And And..... THAT'S MY ARHAAN AND ANABIYA IN THE MEDIA SECTION.

  RAFAEL MILLER AS ARHAAN.
ALIA BHATT AS ANABIYA.

Woah! It was a tough job phewwww

Vote. Comment. Share.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Striving Muslimah noname

Любовные романы

102K 5.6K 32
AND WE CREATED YOU IN PAIRS (78:8) UNDER EDITING Note: IF YOU SEE ANY MISTAKE/ERROR PLEASE NOTIFY ME IN THE COMMENTS Thanks😘 _______________________...
His Favourite Book मृ ♡

Художественная проза

9.8K 757 72
*MATURE BECAUSE*: It contains serious, sensitive and triggering topics like self-harm, unhealed trauma, assault, murders, etc. Reader discretion is a...
279K 11.9K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
Heartless~' i

Любовные романы

3.8K 269 51
★★★ "When you are going to tell me about that Iram" Kabir asked. "Never" Iram replied looking icely into his eyes. _________________________ Kabir...